New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Crestfallin' - The Land of Magical Adventure!

"They're calling for reinforcements!" Syviraux translates.

"Surrender now, or feel our wrath!" she shouts in Goblin, brandishing her crossbow.

Spoiler: Surprise Actions
    Show
    Syviraux moves to F5, assuming that Rowan has vacated the square.

Init: (1d20+1)[13]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Cassie up to d4 to cave in the skull of the guy on d5.
    (In Goblin)"HOPE JUST DIED!" Cassie will swing her flail aiming to take the head off the overseer closest to her.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12]
    if hit: (1d10+7)[14]
    if crit:(1d20+6)[26]
    if confirmed:(2d10+7)[17]

Valérie Jeanne - Plays in "Noble Trouble" Corre+ Game
    Cassie Morella - Plays in "Crestfallin" Corre+ Game

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Init for Cassie (1d20)[17]

4. - Top - End - #154

GreataxeFighterGuy

The scaly draconian-scaled being moves into position, ready to loose a bolt from her crossbow on the first Goblinoid she sees. The heavily armoured Dwarf moves into position and takes a mighty swing - that finds it's mark, the Flail clanging against the Overseer's head, dropping him unconscious on the ground. The second Overseer starts to panick at the sight of his comrade's death. The Overseer strafes ten feet to the side of the Wagon, shaken from his comrade's death, and two fo the four Goblins hop on the Wagon (one on the front, one on the back), two other Goblins go for another Crate each as they start to bring them to the Wagon.

The two Goblins on the Wagon are considered to have Cover (same as the trees, +4 AC and -4 Atk). That completes the Goblins r1, bringing all players up again.

Spoiler: Init Order
    Show
    Cassie - 17
    Syvir - 13
    Tenhel - 12
    Reaven - 10
    Rowan - 5

Yeah, I do believe I am going to be much more liberal with Initiative in future fights haha. Standard Initiative just doesn't mesh as well with PbP games. :/

5. - Top - End - #155

NecromancerGuy

"Where are you going so quickly? He asked you so nicely..."

Tenhelrim grows more bold and attempts to cut off the goblins from escape.

Show
    Drop Glaive, move to C7 and attack D6 with Charnel Touch (attack vs. Touch AC, does not provoke, negative energy damage).

Attack - (1d20+2)[13] - damage - (1d8+1)[9] (+2 flanking)
    Confirmation - (1d20+2)[12] - extra damage - (1d8+1)[3]

I am assuming they are unarmed, if they are armed, and this would provoke, I would like to move differently, and still attack without the flanking bonus.

I entirely forgot about the half-movement speed when posting. I will simply double move to A4 (still dropping the glaive to be able to move this far) and look for any apparent reinforcements. Can't edit in a roll, so I'll roll perception in OOC.
    Last edited by broodax; 2014-03-12 at 12:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

"For the sake of your lives, surrender now!" Syviraux calls in Goblin, before stepping forth and unleashing a stream of firey breath at the goblins.

Spoiler: Actions and OOC
    Show
    Move to E6 and breath 30' line starting in D6 to A6.

Silly question I'm sure, but are these goblins armed i.e. carrying weapons?
    If so, Reflex save DC 15 for half of (1d6)[5] fire damage.
    If not, the fire goes over their heads in an attempt to Intimidate (1d20+1)[18]

7. - Top - End - #157

GreataxeFighterGuy

Yes, the Goblins are armed. You can see a dagger ornamentally carved from bone in each Goblin's possession. The Overseer has something larger, about the size of a broadsword.

Spoiler: Relex Saves
    Show
    (2d20+1)[6][7](14)

Spoiler: Tenhelrim
    Show
    Moving to C7 is forty foot away from you (I don't recall seeing you move anywhere last turn, but if you did please let me know so I can make better note). The terrain is rough so you can move half speed as a move action, or your full speed as a full round action. You can't charge or run.

The draconian breaths a nasty gout of fire, charring a Goblin and it's Overseer in it's path! The Goblin by the crate can't take it and falls over, unconscious, the Overseer is scorched, was shaken, and is now panicking. He throws his arms in front of his face in a shield motion, but still clutching his broadsword in his hand.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-12 at 12:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The thought of,Well, that was embarrassing. runs through Reaven's head after missing.

Seeing that his original target has fallen, after waiting for the goat of flames to stop he begins to make his way to the other conscious goblin, next to the one that just got toasted.

Show
    I move from E-4 to C-5, that's all I do this turn.
    Last edited by Enyalius; 2014-03-12 at 02:17 PM.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

9. - Top - End - #159

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: DMRolls
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+6)[7] vs DC 15 Perception.

The light-footed Human moves gracefully, the swirls of shadowy energy following him as he moves to a better vantage point. (Assuming you're still in the Child of Shadow stance).

Show
    Hah. Just my luck. In the distance a good twenty feet north of you, a rustling in the bushes catches your eye. It definitely feels "Goblinoid-ish" but the rustling you saw can't come from a small creature - something a bit bigger, muscular.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-12 at 02:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

PaladinGuy

So far, the battle was going well. A little too well, in Rowan's opinion ; it was beginning to look like a slaughter. Heck, they seemed more decided on running away than fighting! But for now, they had to press on ; the two goblins at the back couldn't be allowed to escape with their cargo... whatever it was.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Attack opponent in D6
    Attack roll : (1d20+6)[11]
    Critical roll (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage roll : (2d6+4)[12]
    If opponent dropped, move in D6
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

11. - Top - End - #161

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Knight with the really big Sword moves up, taking a mighty swing at the Goblin with a crate - unfortunately for him, his swing goes wide and misses the little bugger entirely.

Spoiler: Rowan
    Show
    The one on D6 was dropped by the gout of flame breath, so I put you at D6, swinging at the bugger on D7. Not that it matters as much, since 11 can't hit a Goblin's AC.

12. - Top - End - #162

NecromancerGuy

As Tenhelrim rounds some of the heavier bushes, he shouts back, "We'd best deal with these quickly, there are more in the brush to the North, and they look... big..."

13. - Top - End - #163

GreataxeFighterGuy

I took the liberty of updating the map, though Cassie still has an action to make. In the meantime to keep things moving...

The Goblin, frightened by the really big sword that almost cleaved him in two, drops the crate, making a frightened stab with his ornamental bone dagger at Rowan. His hand was shaky as it was thrust into Rowan's face, but the creature was determined to stand up to the big sword!

The Overseer at A6 is visually afraid. With one hand in front of his face like a shield, he swings the broadsword in his hand wildly, as if saying "Go Away! Stop!"

The Goblin at the back of the wagon clutches his dagger in his hand, then makes a death-defying leap onto Rowan! The Goblin at the front of the wagon tries to shake the Overseer to get his attention.

The creature Tenhelrim pointed out in the bush doesn't seem to have noticed that he isn't as much of an unknown as he believes he was. There's some rustling in the bush as the creature tries to shift his position.

Spoiler: Atk Roll
    Show
    Shaken Goblin (1d20)[1] if hit, then (1d4+0)[4] damage.
    Leaping Goblin (1d20+4)[9] if hit, then (1d4+0)[2] damage.

Silly Goblins...they can't seem to do anything right. >_>

The Goblin on D7 is considered Shaken. The Overseer on A6 is considered Panicked after watching his buddy brutally murdered, and his "employee" scorched to a crisp.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-12 at 06:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

PirateCaptain

Cassie walks up to rowans left, between him and the leaping goblin. (OOC: moving up to c6)

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Moving forward quickly, Reaven, trying not to make the same mistake as last time, focuses on his target before striking.

Attempting to hit the goblin beside rowan.
    Show
    Move from C-5 to B-6
    Attack goblin at C-7 using sapphire nightmare blade.

Concentration check (1d20+6)[9] against AC

Attack roll (as part of sapphire nightmare blade) (1d20+2)[11] if check fails minus 2
    if crit (1d20+2)[22]

If con check fails (1d6)[2]
    If con check succeeds (2d6)[8]

Last edited by Enyalius; 2014-03-12 at 08:39 PM.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

16. - Top - End - #166

NecromancerGuy

The necromancer, now in range, steps to the panicked overseer and attempts to channel energy into his face.

Show
    5' Step East to A5 and Charnel Touch the overseer.
    Touch Attack - (1d20)[9] - damage - (1d8+1)[7]
    Touch Attack Confirmation - (1d20)[5] - crit damage - (1d8+1)[3]

17. - Top - End - #167

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reaven & Cassie, you both seemed to same-time-post, and moved to the same location on the grid. One of you needs to be in a different position (the leap attacking Goblin is on C7, sorry I forgot to note that guy).

18. - Top - End - #168

PaladinGuy

Hmm... it's harder than I thought.

The goblins offense wasn't really dangerous, so far, but Rowan and his allies seemed to have trouble hitting such small targets. All in all, this was beginning to turn into a poor display of fighting prowess all around the battlefield. Trying to switch tactics, the knight opted for a thrusting blow, which had the added advantage of not risking hitting one of his allies, who were beginning to gather all around him.
    Show

Attack on the goblin in C7
    Attack roll : (1d20+6)[24]
    Critical roll (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage roll : (2d6+4)[11]
    If enemy dropped, moving in C7
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

19. - Top - End - #169

GreataxeFighterGuy

The stout Dwarf repositions herself, ready for anything. The slender Human moves with the swirl of dark energies surrounding him, in one fluid stroke of his blade he strikes at the Goblin - but his blade was unable to strike true! Rowan and his mighty two-handed blade manage to bring that blade upon the creature's head, cleaving the little bugger in two! Afterward he repositions himself for better strategy and planning of his next move.

Tenhelrim attempts to put the panicked Overseer out of his misery, but the Overseer in his blind fear wriggles free from the Dark Magician's grasp. The Overseer however, takes the opportunity to blindly swing his blade back, in hopes of smacking his adversary and driving back these abrbaric Goblin murderers!

Almost as if in sticking up for the tribe, the Goblin at the front of the wagon leaps off, also focusing his attack on the Dark Magician!

Spoiler: Atk Rolls
    Show
    Panicked Overseer vs Tenhelrim (1d20-2)[5] if hit then (1d8+2)[10] damage. (Panicked creatures will fight back, if cornered with no other options)
    Leaping Goblin (ends on B5) (1d20+4)[16] if hit then (1d4+0)[4] damage.

Spoiler: Creature in the Bushes
    Show
    Perception to hear the battle raging. (1d20+4)[21] vs DC 8 (sounds of a pitched battle 20ft away)

Updated Map again. Syviraux is still up for this round, then it's back to the rest of y'all again.

edit: Reaven is on B6, not C6, and Cassie is on C6 then. I'm not making a new map just for a couple of small adjustments.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-12 at 11:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

GreataxeFighterGuy

The other Leaping Goblin jumps out, viciously dragging his dagger across Tenhelrim's flesh as the creature lands on the ground. The creature from the bushes rises up at the sounds of the fight. The creature draws it's Morningstar and heads towards the battleground.

Show
    The Goblin struck you for four damage. The Overseer completely missed you in his blind, fearful swing (and a good thing he did, because that would have been lethal haha).

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why do you keep fighting?" Syviraux asks in Goblin. "Surrender and live!"

She opens her jaws and produces another jet of flame.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aiming at goblin in D7, 30' flame breath for (1d6)[2] damage, Ref save DC 15 for half.

22. - Top - End - #172

NecromancerGuy

"I think you'll find that was a poor decision." Tenhelrim addresses the goblin and favors his cut arm. He maneuvers to flank his assailant and reaches out to attack him.

Show
    5' step to flank the goblin diagonally with Rowan, then attack.
    attack - (1d20+2)[20] - damage - (1d8+1)[9]
    Last edited by broodax; 2014-03-13 at 09:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

'Okay. now this is just getting annoying.'

Seeing that the goblin has chosen to attack his magical inclined ally, but seeing as said magical ally seems to be able to handle it, Reaven chooses to attack the overseer instead, and even the fight.

Show
    I attack the overseer on A-6 (1d20+2)[12]
    critical confirm, if needed (1d20+2)[4]
    if hit (1d6)[1]

24. - Top - End - #174

GreataxeFighterGuy

The battle continued to rage on! But finally, fate would seem to favour our heros as one, by one, the Goblinoids would begin to drop at our heros' hands. Another gout of flame comes barreling directly into the face of the shaken - yet defiant - Goblin.The Goblin, in perhaps a baited breath, manages one last sentence.

"Protect. Cargo. No let Outsiders take! Protect. Cargo."

The Goblin's skin turns a pasty white, as a foamy substance begins to form from it's mouth. Almost as if injected by a steroid shot, the Goblin's chest puffs up, his steely will more determined than ever, he reaches out to take yet another stab at the guy with the really big sword!

Reaven makes a delicate sword strike to the Overseer, but the Overseer's wild and erratic movements from fear are hard for Reaven to follow, causing him to misstep! The panicked Overseer responds, making a wild, fearful swing in Reaven's general direction!

The creature from the bushes finally makes his appearance known - perhaps the biggest relative of Goblinkind, this brute-ish creature lets out a bellow - he's not shy of making sure everyone knows that he is here!

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Reflex (1d20+1)[17] vs DC 15
    (1d20+2)[16] Atk vs Rowan if hit then (1d4+2)[6] damage.
    (1d20+2)[12] Atk vs Reaven if hit then [roll]1d8+2[/roll damage. This die result should have been an 8, not a 12. I put +2 instead of -2. But since a 12 isn't a hit, then an 8 really isn't a hit so it's moot.

Updated map to reflect current changes. The blue on the map is the creature from the bushes.

Cassie, & Rowan still have actions from last turn. Otherwise everyone else is up.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-13 at 09:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

PirateCaptain

Cassie, upon hearing the new creature fro mthe bushes enter the fray, will quickly rush toward it and prepare to bring it down.
    Show
    MOving up to a4

26. - Top - End - #176

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidSnake View Post
    Cassie, upon hearing the new creature fro mthe bushes enter the fray, will quickly rush toward it and prepare to bring it down.
    Show
    MOving up to a4
    I can move you to A5. Rugged terrain, half movement. Two diagonals is 15ft but Dwarves have only 20ft speed (and thus 10ft movement under such rugged conditions). Is that okay? I'm dumb ignore this.

Rowan has an action to take, then everyone is up again.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-03-14 at 11:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

PaladinGuy

Rowan grunted as the goblin's blade ripped off his arm. That one hurt, damnit! And with a new enemy on the field, he couldn't let this fight go on any longer. Once again, he brought his sword down on his small opponent, hoping to bring an end to this particular confrontation.

Show

Attack roll : (1d20+6)[24]
    Critical roll (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage roll : (2d6+4)[9]
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

28. - Top - End - #178

GreataxeFighterGuy

The brave Knight's blade comes crashing down on the shaken Goblin's head, killing him on impact. All that remains is the panicked Overseer, and the beefier, more muscular fellow.

Everyone is up again.

29. - Top - End - #179

NecromancerGuy

And again she comes to my defense. Something must drive this lass as well.

The necromancer turns to the newcomer as well and joins him in melee, attempting to dodge past his weapons and lay a hand on his shoulder.

Show
    Touch Attack - (1d20)[14] - damage - (1d8+1)[7]
    Touch Attack Conf - (1d20)[19] - Extra Cdamage - (1d8+1)[3]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Reaven, having dodged the paniced overseer's attack, counters with a strike of his own, hoping that this one will hit.

Show
    I attack the overseer (1d20+2)[13]
    Critical confirm if needed (1d20+2)[20]

If hit(please let it hit) damage (1d6)[2]