New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World III

[Hueco Mundo]
    Lesser Stadium of Las Noches

Mikael breaks his eyecontact with the Sin Rostro to give Valentina a puzzled look. She's nervous, he can tell that - but he has hard time comprehending why. She is an Espada- one of the six most influential warriors in the city. She is a Hungry Ghost herself, a being of extraordinary power, almost a peer to Jehoel.

And yet, she's creeped out by these blank things. Such a ridiculous notion is on par with an armed young man trying to pass off as an innocent kid.

Mikael turns his attention back to the faceless being and returns to solving his current dilemma. He could just reach out to the creature and pour his spiritual energy into it, but what would it achieve? This creature is not a simple item, like a knife. It's easy to see how a knife could be made better - temper the blade, sharpen the edge, make the handle of better materials. But here, he has a mass of souls, all occupying a single body, but never agreeing on just what their purpose should be.

Should he focus on just one, and try to draw it to the surface? That should create a being much like a normal Arrancar. But no... that would just waste most of its potential. Besides, it's unlikely such a state could last. If one soul wasn't powerful enough to wrestle the other into submission before, how could it manage to do that now? If he is to improve this gestalt, his solution must hence affect all of them.

But what things in common could so many people have? Well, they've all died, obviously. And lost their hearts, and turned into Hollows. Reflecting on Jehoel's story, Mikael concludes that is the reason they ended up together in the first place. The endless hunger, the desire to fill the hole left behind by their mortal cravings...

... but it appears that desire has been satisfied. But why? Why would turning into an Arrancar do that? Mikael's eyes drift towards the hole in the creature's chest. It still isn't fixed. It hasn't even moved, as appears to be the case with many Arrancars. Why would this creature be content to just sit there, knowing the void in its being still isn't full?

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe it doesn't know. In that case, he'll have to remind it. Mikael reaches forward with his left hand, placing his fingers on the Sin Rostro's forehead.

Listen. I know you are all there. I've come to tell you that your journey is not yet over. You are still incomplete. It's useless to stay there, squabbling with each other. It will get you nowhere. Wake up. Follow me, and I'll show you a road to improvement.

Blue light erupts from Mikael's back, forming for a moment a picture of snake biting its tail in the air. Then, the snake lets go of its tail, and flows into the blank black eyes of the Sin Rostro. Mikael holds his breath in anticipation of what will happen.

---

[Soul Society]
    Seireite - Main Senkaimon yard

When Koutarou and his expedition get back, the area around the main Senkaimon is quite different. A twenty meter perimeter immediately outside the gate has been cleared of plantlife, and a welcoming party of thirty people dressed in biohazard containment suits are waiting for them. They've set up a few tents for sterilizing the incomers, and the rest of Seireitei can be seen as through a darkened glass due to a Kido barrier raised around them.

"Hello, Vice-Commander", one of the suited figures greets Koutarou. Insignia on his suit tell that he's an officer from Medicine and Logistics. "I was told there were four of you going in. I only see three. What's happened?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

"We've suffered a casualty. Officer Daiki gave his life in the line of duty today so we could all make it back.

Please prioritize decontamination on Harada-san and Vern-san. I need to contact the Commander right away.

Somebody please set up a relay."

Kamen Rider Rei's voice sounds incredibly fatigued. Almost a little nauseated.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

The Med&Log officer beckons at the group, and some of the suited figures move to intercept and instruct Michael and Castus. Then he answers to Koutarou. "The Commander is unavailable right now. Report to me. I'll deliver the message at first opportunity." The officer presses a button on his suit glove, apparently activating a voice-recording program.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

"The facility has been compromised. Erscheinung Von Geister has control of his prison. He might not be able to leave - yet - but we're definitely operating on borrowed time. What little power he chose to wield through the cracks of his cell were enough to force us on the defensive and kill officer Daiki.

The Commander may need to amp the payload.

I will likewise be unavailable for the foreseeable future myself. In case of emergency, the Commander has a direct line to me that is virtually unblockable.

I'm going to need a secure Senkaimon to a specific location in Hueco Mundo. Tell the Commander it's codenamed Area 42. He'll know what it means."

Kamen Rider Rei will begin to walk elsewhere...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    42 is a number of ill omen in Japanese culture. It can be read as "Shi-ni", which is the start of the verb "shinimasu", or "to die".

The location itself would be sealed off to patrols as considered "too high risk to be worth the trouble".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

"The commander probably wouldn't want you to do that", the officer replies. "We got news from the mortal world. We've managed to narrow down the location of the King's court to a single city on Earth. If you leave now, our search party will have to be delayed."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Kamen Rider Rei halts on that very step.

"I will delay my departure until you can confirm this information as well as the make-up of the search party.

As soon as humanly possible."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]

After a moment of anticipation, something happens.

The Sin Rostro blinks.

Then, two more pairs of eyes open, leaving the Sin Rostro with six eyes, with each set above the last. Although there's no visible indication of it, it also has three mouths, each one below the previous. A large protruding horn grows vertically in its forehead, too.

Then, there's a flash of light and a release of other kinds of energy. When the light clears, there's several differences across this Sin Rostro, who now needs a name because it's no longer faceless. It has a long, black robe. Instead of a single well-defined Hollow Hole, its hole seems to grow or shrink and move across its chest over time. In addition, most strikingly, are the snakes on its neck and shoulders. It has several small snakes growing out of the back of its neck, like a mane that goes down into the middle of its back. The two shoulders each have a much larger snake. Interestingly, every single one of these snakes has a bone mask covering its black eyes.

It blinks again. Then with all six eyes. Then with all the eyes of the snakes.
    It turns and starts walking.

None of the other Sin Rostro appear to react
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Seireitei - Senkaimon yard

"Everyone at Recon", the officer replies. "Alert's been raised. What more confirmation do you need? The commander is looking to nail them while they're still there. I don't think we can do that without you." The man in the suit shrugs. "I can't stop you from going. At least, I'd rather not try to. But I can't really figure what you'd do in that place either. It's been empty for 50 years."

---

[Hueco Mundo]

Mikael reels and falls backwards as the lights flash, struggling to comprehend what exactly he has created this time. When eyes of the creature blink, so do Mikael's. When it turns to leave, the man hurries up. "Hey... don't mean to sound nosy, but... where are you going?"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

"Not good enough. We want a tactical assault team the second they have been located.

Alert Naijeru of the Combat Division. Tell him to bring four to five hand-picked men.

If we head there with nothing but scouts we'll have a bloodbath in our hands.

Harada, Vern. Rest up as much as you can. Pick a few men to come with you. We'll want to keep the collateral damage to a minimum and we don't know for sure how great their firepower is yet."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

[Four days after Koutarou's ill-fated expedition to the prison of the Ghost King...]

[One day after the massacre of the Akiyama family...]

[Fixedsys is great for those kinds of lines.]

[Dangai]
    [The Ghost King's Prison]

There is not much reason to conceal his dominion anymore. The great room around the hatch is covered in a pale shell of spiraling patterns. Bracken slime pools over the hatch itself, flowing slowly into the central hole. Nine great pureblooded drones stand guard around the walls, their larval siblings crawling along the walls behind them. The shinigami mummies are arrayed into their proper places once again. Argos looks down on all of it from above. There are scant few sounds going on in the prison.

Until footsteps echo in the domed chamber.

Reene Lucaster is the first to arrive, followed by her three... Daughters. A choice cadre of cultists follow after. When she does, three pedestals rise from the floor's carapace across the room from her.

"Everyone in their positions. Thomas, Sora, Hinata, you have the spots of honor. Hurry, hurry now. We have not a moment to lose."

[Soul Society]
    [Li's Office]

The alarm behind the family portrait begins to ring once again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Commander-General's office

Li glances up from Li's work, then grabs a metal cane and walks to the alarm. A video camera has been set up to film the feed from the alarm. Li lifts the cane and pushes the button that triggered the feed, just to see if it does anything.

This would've been the perfect moment to set off a trap. Sadly, Koutarou's expedition failed to achieve any sort of foothold in the prison. Even if Li had a bomb ready, trying to send it through now would just result in a fight, with the device getting destroyed or the targets escaping before it could be made to explode.

Of course, this sequence of events was anticipated - that's the reason why Li said the alarm was meaningless. Stopping the King's release became too late 50 years ago, when first of his subjects managed to escape and establish contact with him. Half a century is a long time to plan an escape in the dark. The only question pressing Li's mind is simply why Li's predecessor, Izanagi-no-Mikoto, didn't act then.

12. - Top - End - #432

[Hueco Mundo]

The one who was once a Sin Rostro stops. I'll call it a he, for the sake of simplicity. He stops. He pauses, and appears to be thinking. "Where am I going?" he repeats, out of the middle mouth. Then he ponders it. Where. Where is he going? Where am I going? Is there somewhere to go? He keeps on thinking. Then, he turns to the snake on the left shoulder and asks it, "Where are you going?" as if it were the most profound question in existence. As if he were asking about the future, the afterlife, and life's entire purpose.

The snake thinks, and then points towards the bleachers where all the Sin Rostro are standing. It definitely was not in the direction that he was walking, or even facing. "Oh." He looks in that direction, then returns his gaze back to Mikael. "We are going over there."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-04-12 at 10:30 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as profound questions stand, that's not actually bad pick. Mikael rolls up his sleeves and tries to smile, as far as his disfigured face allows. "Okay. You know... I was thinking of shaping them to be much like you. Like brothers or sisters, sort of. Would you like to have some?"

14. - Top - End - #434

[Hueco Mundo]

He looks back at them again. "Yes, I would, he responds out of the lower mouth. "Yes, I would. But who are they? It seems he...doesn't know he was like that! That must be the only explanation. Or, rather, the easiest explanation, since any other explanation would require a bit more thinking.

Valentina still hasn't returned. I'll give it 'til later.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

"What would be more pertinent than who", Mikael replies. "They were, like you were, discontent spirits of the dead. Their longing and attachment to the mortal world made them lose their hearts and minds and turned them into monsters." Mikael moves to the remaining Sin Rostro and places a hand on the head of the rightmost one.

"To fill the hole left behind by your unfulfilled dreams, you turned upon each other, ate each other and coalesced into greater being. But in the process, you lost your inviduality and personality." Mikael glances are the snake-haired creature. "I'm not sure what happened to you then, but something turned you into Arrancars - brough you closer, in power and form, to creatures known as Shinigami. Psychopomps, those spirits who normally oversee and facilitate transmigration. I don't think what happened to you is how things normally progress. One of my... friends told me that normally, one soul triumphs over all others in a gestalt like you and bends all others to its will. Then, if it can muster the willpower, it can transcend that state and become an Arrancar, like you." Mikael turns to look into the empty eyes of the second Sin Rostro.

"But he also alluded to another, easier way. That must've created you, and these others. You had the power, but not the will, so a helping hand was necessary. But it still wasn't enough. You had the powers of a Hollow and form of a Shinigami, but neither instinct of the former nor mind of the latter. So I gave you some of mine."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-04-14 at 09:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Day of trip to Ghost King's Prison]
    [Senkaimon Quarantine Area]

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Not good enough. We want a tactical assault team the second they have been located.

Alert Naijeru of the Combat Division. Tell him to bring four to five hand-picked men.

If we head there with nothing but scouts we'll have a bloodbath in our hands.

Harada, Vern. Rest up as much as you can. Pick a few men to come with you. We'll want to keep the collateral damage to a minimum and we don't know for sure how great their firepower is yet."
    Michael Harada, physically exhausted and emotionally drained, simply nods at Koutarou's words.

His gaze drifts down to first his own hands, and then the sheathed cane-sword at his waist. As if contemplating the inadequacy of his own skills and powers at this time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Four Days after trip to Ghost King's Prison]
    [Ghost King's Prison, Dangai]

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [Four days after Koutarou's ill-fated expedition to the prison of the Ghost King...]

[One day after the massacre of the Akiyama family...]

[Fixedsys is great for those kinds of lines.]

[Dangai]

There is not much reason to conceal his dominion anymore. The great room around the hatch is covered in a pale shell of spiraling patterns. Bracken slime pools over the hatch itself, flowing slowly into the central hole. Nine great pureblooded drones stand guard around the walls, their larval siblings crawling along the walls behind them. The shinigami mummies are arrayed into their proper places once again. Argos looks down on all of it from above. There are scant few sounds going on in the prison.

Until footsteps echo in the domed chamber.

Reene Lucaster is the first to arrive, followed by her three... Daughters. A choice cadre of cultists follow after. When she does, three pedestals rise from the floor's carapace across the room from her.

"Everyone in their positions. Thomas, Sora, Hinata, you have the spots of honor. Hurry, hurry now. We have not a moment to lose."
    Thomas walked serenely into the room, his hands tucked into his sleeves as his arms crossed in front of his body. His own adoptive daughter stayed back against one wall. She had not yet received The Gift, and thus is "stuck" with her Fullbringer powers. Still, she is happy to be of any assist, and Thomas, while certainly of a deferential attitude to the Queen and the King, will be pushing for the Gift to go to Isabelle soon enough.

For the moment, the White Bishop stepped forward, his face in a genteel smile. Any Shinigami or hapless Mortal viewing that strange, half-armored face would find themselves thoroughly discomfited.

"Of course, Your Grace."

With smooth efficiency he steps to one of the raised podiums, awaiting further instructions.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Day of trip to Ghost King's Prison]
    [Senkaimon Quarantine Area]

After getting scrubbed down by the quarantine team Vern nods at Koutarou before removing his helmet.

"I can bring a few people along with us but if they come I'd like to open up the gate at least half a mile away from the cult. I doubt there are any members of the SSI who could stand a close quarter engagement with the cult members."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

"It's a reasonable request. The SSI's participation in this operation would be limited to damage control anyway - barrier deployment and long-range methods. No sense in risking them any further than we have to."

Koutarou's voice sounds mildly strained through his own helmet. He is clearly not well emotionally, but he makes it a point to keep his duty ahead of his heart for now.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Certainly doesn't look like it."

Little Cynthia finally comes out of hiding, her eyes looking ready to shed tears, but she bravely steps forward and smiles.

"You did it, Satoshi-niichan! I knew you could defeat that big monster, I knew it!"

She walks up to the rookie Shinigami and gives him a big hug.

Awwww.
    Satoshi is certainly relieved to see Cynthia safe and sound, frightened though she was. He gently returns her hug and tells her, "That's right, I heard you shouting back there! You were very brave to do that; it really threw me for a loop...!" It might seem like a juvenile thing to say, but what else could be said? He couldn't possibly scold her for being reckless, not after she had basically spurred him on to achieve that last power surge. Plus, engaging such a versatile and dangerous Hollow without knowing anything about it was rather foolhardy of him to do himself, so he isn't in much of a position to reprimand anyone on similar grounds. All he can think to add is, "That was way too close for comfort...I'm just glad you're safe..."

((Not sure how much more you want to add to the scene, but I'm running out of ideas. Feel free to advance things at your leisure.))

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

Cynthia merely holds back her sobbing as she embraces Satoshi. And Usui smiles at his companion.

"That. That right there. That's what you're fighting for."

"Sir, we've just finished sweeping the area. No sign of the enemy or any casualties. Looks clean."

"Good. Check on the villagers, and we'll head back as soon MedLog gets here to tend to our comrade."

[Later that day...]

"I'm glad you're alright, son." Satoshi's father says while embracing his mother and looking at the young Shinigami. The woman has a big, proud smile on her face.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Cynthia merely holds back her sobbing as she embraces Satoshi. And Usui smiles at his companion.

"That. That right there. That's what you're fighting for."

"Sir, we've just finished sweeping the area. No sign of the enemy or any casualties. Looks clean."

"Good. Check on the villagers, and we'll head back as soon MedLog gets here to tend to our comrade."

[Later that day...]

"I'm glad you're alright, son." Satoshi's father says while embracing his mother and looking at the young Shinigami. The woman has a big, proud smile on her face.
    After being treated by members of LogMed for his injuries, Satoshi revisited the stops he had made earlier, ensuring that no one else had been attacked. Fortunately, the frightening encounter had been a contained event, and some of them weren't even aware that an aggressor had been present at all. The novice Shinigami returned to his home as the sun began to set, relieved that he had been able to prevent a disaster from visiting his hometown.

By this time, word of his battle had reached his parents, but he took some time to explain the circumstances to them. He left out the gory details, of course, but he made it clear that everyone was safe and sound and that the immediate threat had passed. At his father's words, he could only answer, "Yeah, me too...I thought I was a goner for sure, for a while..." He bows his head in humility for a second or two, but then he looks back up at his folks and continues, "But I made it through somehow, and you two and all the people in town are safe, and that's what matters most. I get that now...and I promise that I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and our home."

((Egad, I feel filthy typing such cliched speech.))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-04-16 at 12:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

"You did what you felt was right, son, and that's all we ask. Don't push yourself too hard on our account." Satoshi's father smiled. "You've become a fine young man. I look forward to seeing you grow even more."

His mother briefly moves away and gives Satoshi a small bundle. "I made you a few sweet buns for the way back. You take care of yourself now, y'hear?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

[QUOTE=Mahonri Violist;17297785][Hueco Mundo]

The man with the snakes looks at the Sin Rostro, too. He nods, and listens. "So what then?" he asks. "If you gave me your mind and your instinct, won't you run out? If you give it to all of these, will you eventually stop existing?"

Have I given him a name yet? If not, I need to.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael lets go of the other Sin Rostro and leans back. "That's one heck of a good question." he crosses his arms and sits cross-legged on the ground, thinking for a moment.

"The answer to that one is... complicated. Suppose my soul is like water, while this body - whether made of baryonic or spiritual matter - is merely a vessel. If the water in the vessel is divided among enough other vessels, it will of course be emptied - but the water itself still exists. Even if all the vessels are destroyed and the water turned to vapor, it will eventually condense in the atmosphere, raining back down and coming all together in another place and time." Mikael scoops up a handful of dusts and crushes it into a perfect sphere.

"It could also be my soul is like the flame of a candle. Once the candle is lit, it will eventually burn out - but that happens completely irregardless of how many other candles it is used to light in the meantime. Even a small flame in the right place could create a raging conflagration, allowing the flame to exists and impact things long after the first candle is gone." Mikael crushes the sphere to dust. Then, he opens the zipper of his jacket and starts undressing. After a while, he puts the jacket down and moves bandages around his left shoulder so that the snake-haired creature can see the faint outline of a tattoo - a snake eating its own tail.

"This is the thing that connects us. Plato called it 'Ouroboros'. In his tale, it was the first living being - the whole universe in a single entity. It is the symbol of self-reflexivity, representing how things in the world move in cycles. It is also the symbol of primordial unity - something eternal and inextinquishable. In many ways, it is like the modern concept of a singularity. According to some contemporary theories, the whole universe travels in cycles as well. All energy, and hence all matter, originates from a single point, and will eventually return to a single point, in a cycle of creation an destruction. If this cycle can't be broken, it can be said all things not only have been and will be one, they are one." Mikael pauses for a moment to catch his breath. Then, he continues.

"Plato also presented the famous idea of the observable world being nothing but a shadow of the real one. It's like we all sit in a cavern, our backs towards the exit, looking at our own shadows cast on a wall by the light behind us. It is possible you and me both are just shadows, projections of a greater entity that transcends the dimensions observable to us. If that is the case, any change in us, our lives or deaths, do not affect the real being at all. We are just tricks of light."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[RUKONGAI, TAKAKURA RESIDENCE]

"You did what you felt was right, son, and that's all we ask. Don't push yourself too hard on our account." Satoshi's father smiled. "You've become a fine young man. I look forward to seeing you grow even more."

His mother briefly moves away and gives Satoshi a small bundle. "I made you a few sweet buns for the way back. You take care of yourself now, y'hear?"
    ((Where exactly should Satoshi be going, considering the Hollow attack and all? Is he supposed to debrief with someone or at some place, or is he just going to go back to his training with Urameshi as usual?))

"Thanks, Pops," Satoshi replies, somewhat abashed by his words. He humbly accepts his mother's gift and thanks her for it, then he gathers up his belongings and prepares to set out. "I'll come back and visit again soon, I promise...Take care of everyone while I'm gone."

Hoping not to prolong the bittersweet farewell any longer than necessary, he'll turn for the door and get on his way back to Seireitei, hoping there are no more surprises waiting for him along the way...

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

[Ghost King's Prison]

The upside to integrating into Las Noches at a low level meant that Avis Durante could likely disappear without notice. Whether Jehoel thought to put her under surveillance is another issue, but for now, that issue was of no concern to Alexandra.

There is a howl of wind through the Prison as something drips from the ceiling steadily. In the darkness, it is difficult to see where, but eventually, the black tarry substance congeals into a somewhat indistinct humanoid form, something similar to fog. The wind stops as it becomes solid, a black staff forming in hand.

Alexandra Dubois looks upon the prison with the closest thing approaching glee that anyone had ever seen from her. Before she speaks, she kneels lowly, staff placed on the ground horizontally with one hand, and the other pressed deep against her chest. "...My king."

This was... a culmination of her entire life. And unlife.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

((His leave of absence is up, so he needs to return to Seireitei.))

On his way out of the house and all the way back to the edge of the village are the people of his hometown, cheering for their local hero. They've taken a small bit of their time to ensure he knows they're thankful for his service, for his efforts.

Little Cynthia even gives Satoshi a small trinket at the end. A pendant, it looks like.

"My mom made this to thank you for saving me, Satoshi-niichan. She said it's a good-luck charm to protect you on your duties." She smiles cheerfully at him.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

((His leave of absence is up, so he needs to return to Seireitei.))

On his way out of the house and all the way back to the edge of the village are the people of his hometown, cheering for their local hero. They've taken a small bit of their time to ensure he knows they're thankful for his service, for his efforts.

Little Cynthia even gives Satoshi a small trinket at the end. A pendant, it looks like.

"My mom made this to thank you for saving me, Satoshi-niichan. She said it's a good-luck charm to protect you on your duties." She smiles cheerfully at him.
    A strange feeling - a mix of embarrassment, pride, and hope - washes over Satoshi as the people of his hometown see him off. He recognizes the faces of several former nay-sayers among them, individuals who had originally doubted his capability and mocked his decision to become a Shinigami. Seeing their change of heart lifts his spirits significantly, and he allows himself a small smile as he passes. When Cynthia approaches, he takes a knee as she presents him with a homemade keepsake. He humbly accepts the pendant and places it around his neck; now he can't help but crack a grin, and he gives her a big hug as he thanks her for the gift, promising to take good care of it.

After bidding his friends and well-wishers farewell, the newbie Shinigami continues on his way to Seireitei. After passing the Seireimon partition, he navigates the winding labyrinth of buildings to IntSec's territory, where he seeks out Urameshi to announce himself and receive further instructions...

29. - Top - End - #449

That Place That Draken is Also At

Sora grinned that mad, mad grin and nodded amicably. "Man, this place sure is differen' then what ah'd think fer a prison."

He almost casually waltzed towards one of the pedestals, humming a little tune as he walked along, footsteps echoing in an empty chamber.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Hinata walks towards the hole instead, standing in front of it.

"It is but the foyer. Behind the hatch at your feet is a whole world, detestably empty of anything but myself."

"And for a final touch..."

A tentacle erupts from the hole holding a larva, flinging it at Hinata, where the critter merges with her, and then the limb coils back under the assault of the seal.

"That should do the trick. Now, now. you three, open your minds to me so that I can lead you through the chant. It is a long one."

"One-hundred and forty-four links, whispered chains, ageless walls, pillars of the beast, gluttonous ichor, celestial justice, cyclopean hounds, dying screams, iron gates, proclamations, anger, pain and loss.
    One-hundred and thirty-two links, one relic, one hundred treasures, ten-thousand great weapons, one million guards, all souls, mortality, divinity, plants, animals, death and rebirth.
    One-hundred and twenty links, twin lovers, friends, family, treason, demise, madness, pardon, enemies, longing and isolation.
    One-hundred and eight links, blood, frogs, hunger, lice, flies, fire, smoke, locusts, pox and plague.
    Ninety-six links, nine lands, eight directions, seven seas, six arms, three axis, eight faces, bloated faces, darkened faces and illuminated faces.
    Eighty-four links, leaven sand, ebony marble, molten sap, cracked roots, hungry shades, dead canopy and broken moon.
    Seventy-two links, storm, earth, fire, water, light and sadness.
    Sixty links, broken swords, living martyrs, walls of the abyss, paper prayers and bronze nails.
    Forty-eight links, threefold blasphemies, broken days, stretched nights and hidden stars.
    Thirty-six links, six hands, six-hundred words and six cages.
    Twenty-four links, mad gods and righteous demons.
    Twelve links, tied around the lost treasure.
    No links, cast beyond the world.
    In order, against god's will.
    Break into so many parts."

Each line bends one of the swords that anchor the chains and the gate, begetting a groan from the mummy positioned near it. When the last sword bends, the fields over the hatch on the floor flare to visibility before vanishing once again.

Four great hands slowly grasp the edges of the central hole, bending the steel with careful fingers and folding the plates outward as the bone-white covers melt away into foul blight.

Von Geister then slithers through the air, out of his cell as if a lamprey, but his body is a great many stalks woven together and bony wings and three six-fingered armless hands and one five-fingered fourth deny even that stretched comparison to any known natural thing.

He takes a deep breath and turns to Natsuki, silently holding Alexandra's old staff. A long tendril claims that tool and brings it to his mutilated hand, where the lost finger takes its own shape and attached once again.

"Wonderful, absolutely wonderful."

One hand is then balled into a fist and flies violently towards the ceiling, cutting off Li's feed as whatever served as a camera is punched into uselessness.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing