New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Find Yourself-Avatar Tuner

As you come to your senses you suddenly feel... blank. As if all the memories have been wiped from your memory. Or maybe they were just blocked? As you try to look for them deep inside your mind a sudden pain almost makes you pass out. It is than that you realize that your eyes are closed. As you slowly open them you realize that you are in a pod of some kind. Feeling of being trapped lasts only for a few seconds, as your movement causes the pod to open automatically. Moving your body seams strange at first, but you still manage to get up somehow.
    As you observe your surroundings you notice that you are not alone, there are four more people with you. Judging by their faces they are probably as confused as you are, but perhaps they know more than you?
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2014-06-01 at 02:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Find Yourself-Avatar Tuner

All Soga could recall was his name, and a single word, or just its texture, he couldn't tell. Treason. Mistrust was all that he could feel, and it was about to be directed to the men in the room. But they seemed confused, as if in his own predicament. Can I trust them? he wondered, as he looked around, trying to get anything he could from the objects around him. The pod may hold an answer, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin looked at the others, they seemed just as confused as himself, they needed to work together. Every chessmaster needs pawns. Martin exited his pod Greetings, my name is Martin strange, care to introduce yourselves? he says with open arms.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-06-02 at 08:19 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

The pale man opens his eyes and steps out, his mind cloudy and his movements lethargic like his body was passing through some viscous, translucent substance. Gazing at the other figures he couldn't comprehend what they even were nor did he discern who or what he was. All that lay inside his mind were questions and an eerie calm that felt strained, like it was a great barrier holding some dark wave attempting to break in from the back of his psyche. Hearing one of them speak was slighting jarring and thus succeeded in rousing some sluggish part of his brain. Opening his mouth, the bald man tries to speak but nothing comes out, as if his mind knew the words but it was unable to direct his tongue to shape and convey them physical. Struggling for a better part of a moment, the man was able to release a deep moan it was as though a seal had been released allowing sound to escape from his lips.

Steeling himself he gathers his will and attempts again "I.......I..... I am..... I am... I don't know." His eyes suddenly flare up with frantic concern as he looks around him in a panic for any indication of an identity. A cold wave of relief washes over him as he spies a nameplate over the capsule he emerged from: VIC. Turning back to the others he retorts "Vic, my name is VIC." He allows the word to roll around in his mouth, caressing his tongue so he can get a feel for its accuracy. A sense of rightness permeates from within himself and he nods as an outward sign of this. "V-I-C, VIC, was his nameo!" His voice was deep and hollow, a sound that seemed farcical in nature but conveyed a disturbing undertone that made one feel like this particular being had been wiped clean with the tenacity of an obsessive compulsive janitor.
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Soga focused on the two men. That 'Vic' person didn't seem like the kind of guy whose intentions were betrayal. There was something eerie about him, but not malicious. He could lower his guard to him. The other man, though?

"You can call me Soga." A part of his mind noted that wasn't his full name, but it eluded him. It's just as well, I guess. A forced security.
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

A frail-looking girl emerged from the next pod with all the grace of a zombie rising from its grave. She brushes her hair out of her face, then glances back at her pod. Where all the others had nameplates, her own was blank. She was oddly unperturbed by this- in fact, she seemed to feel her empty mind as oddly comforting rather than disconcerting. She turned back to the others. "Hmph... call me what you wish." Barely taking note of the others, she starts pacing around the room, seeing if there are any exits.
    Last edited by Syless; 2014-06-03 at 12:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick search of the room provides you with a few trinket, but no real answers to many questions you have. You also notice that the computers that are in the room are disconnected from the outside and the memory has been wiped clean. However, one thing draws your attention, a simple photo next to one the computers. As you look at the photo you see the five of you and a blond woman that looks somewhat familiar. As you try to remember her the pain strikes you once again. One thing strikes you as strange on the photo, the six of you are all smiling. Checking the back of the photo you find a keycard and writing:
    "Me and the team. 04.03. Third month of the project."
    Show

LGBTAitP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Soga was taken aback from the picture. It seemed like he knew those people, at least once. But there was something... off, about the smiles, but he couldn't place it.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    He's not being paranoid, there's an explanation to that.

Are we to trust it? Isn't it convenient it would be our first link to this world upon awakening? He didn't notice, but he'd started feeling slightly more comfortable around the others. Felt like they were victimized in a common situation. Allies.

"That woman", he said, pointing at the picture. "We need to find her. And a way out of here."

9. - Top - End - #9

The raven-haired girl recoiled back as she glanced at the picture, her hair falling in front of her face. The pain of seeing the woman struck her quite hard indeed. After the pain subsides, she looks at the back of the picture and reads the marking. She turns away and starts shaking her head and... giggling? "Oh this is too much. No one seems to have said it, but this picture makes it obvious- You're all as empty-headed as I am, aren't you? I mean look at this, all of us as a shiny happy team. And now all of us are here. Here and blank. Except her. 'Soga' here has a point. Whoever she is... obviously she'd be the one to answer our questions, hm?"

10. - Top - End - #10

Vic shambles forward, his muscles still protesting against use but he ignores them and walks behind the others with his constant, awkward gait. He takes his time, listening to the voices of the others, not trying to remember them or anything pointless like that no he listened so he could begin calibrating their normal emotional levels so he could detect changes. It was an unconscious analysis and once he realized he was doing it he simply chalked it up to a habit from his former existence. The photograph didn't make Vic feel one way or another he simply gazed at it remembering every detail he could about it and his eyes settled on the blonde woman. An odd sensation begins to form in the darker part of his mind, the scratching on the barrier intensifies for a moment causing something like an itch. Vic had no clue why but he silently agreed on finding this out of place woman but what was more concerning was him, he had a hunch that it was not a normal thing for him to smile. Without a word he grabs the keycard.

"Enough talking, I assume this will allow us to exit wherever we are... If I were you I would not be so eager to look for my past, if even the slightest attempt grants a head ache I imagine the whole story might just cause an aneurism." He moves on with the card in hand searching for... something? He couldn't remember what it was used for but he felt like his gut would tell him.
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems logical, so where can we find her? Martin said with crossed arms.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not in here, that's for sure. Which means, we need to get out."

13. - Top - End - #13

"Well I say we follow Vic the Brick over there, then. He seems to be on to something- though since he's not after HER I have no clue where he might be going with our only lead."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Luke shook his head for a moment, trying to clear the last of the haze fogging his mind. The lanky figure was the last of the group to stand and surveys the others. On the discovery of the picture, his brow furrowed in thought.

"What we don't know can kill us. While the rest of you don't really feel familiar, nothing else does so that might not mean anything. Does the card have writing on it?" Spoke Luke as he tried to find a door or something that might use a keycard.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey look who else got here Martin said and pointed his head against Vauron.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

16. - Top - End - #16

"Hate mornings. Hate them so much." grumbled Luke.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Turning to the new figure, Soga nodded in greeting. Without a doubt, this was another of the faces on the picture, and from his state not of the researcher's category. A fellow trapee.

Turning towards Vic, he slightly tugs on his sleeve and points at the door.

18. - Top - End - #18

Vic turns to the force pulling at his sleeve, which happens to be the meat bag designated as 'Soga', it takes a moment for the stunned man to realize that Soga was pointing at something. Following the finger Vic notices an odd break in the wall I think this is where this thing goes into... Might as well try it out since there don't seem to be any other doors... Wait that's it, I was looking for a DOOR. A lazy smile forms on his face as his glazed eyes focus on the door. He shuffles over towards the door and inserts the card key into the only crevice that seemed reasonable.
    Blarg...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Since there is nothing else of interest in the cold room, so you make your way through the newly opened door and step into the unknown. The first thing you notice is an unusually long corridor. But that is not the strangest thing, what really draws your attention is the wall full of mirrors. Apparently, the room you just left is full of one-way mirrors, and the strangest thing is that the mirrors are on the outside. Why would anyone make something like that? As if the intention was to watch from the inside, but that makes no sense, does it?
    Unfortunately, your train of thought is disrupted by loud noises coming from the distance and a group of armed figures starts approaching you.
    "The test subjects have escaped, sound the alarm! They must not be allowed to roam freely."
    Show

LGBTAitP

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Test subjects? Well at least we got that much covered. Martin says while making a combat stance.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #21

Vic slowly yet surely presses on despite the new arrivals and in some way is excited about it for a completely unknown reason. His heartbeat begins to increase its pace in anticipation and a crooked smile takes shape on his doughy face. His eyes begin to gleam with a menacing light as he stares at the figures before them "Vic's mind is cracking up, cracking up, cracking up; Vic's mind is cracking up, my dead baby... Use his fists to rend your spine, rend your spine; Use his fists to rend your spine, myyyyyyy DEAD BBBBBAAAAABBBYYYYYY" He could feel something grow from within, that sublime rapture heralding his ascension to The Afterman. A hollow cackle escapes from his thin lips and his body begins to shake from the expectancy.
    Blarg...

22. - Top - End - #22

The nameless girl, at the sight of the armed guards, quietly slips behind the others of her group- if this came to blows, she would much rather just hide behind those who could fight then run towards the guards and just get shot.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Sonohoga instinctively moved to protect the girl, immediately realizing he was getting too trusty. [COLOR="#4B0082"]It's just as well, for now...[/COLOR] He also noticed Vic do what would be best described as 'loosing it'. But if he had such an issue hiding his aggression, he sure wouldn't stab him in the back easily. Just as he'd thought.

Realizing they couldn't stand in a fight, he swiftly looked around for cover, such as a door that could be opened to another room. "We don't have to fight, we just..." he said before pausing, distracted by another realization.

Had he just thought of himself with a name other than Soga? If he did, the pressure -and the pain spike he was now feeling- took it away.

24. - Top - End - #24

Glancing over the mirrored walls, Luke pondered the odd choice of decor. Could that have been some kind of safe room? Were we in there for our protection? Luke's musing were interrupted by the squad of uniformed guards. As the guards called out, Luke couldn't help but think of only one thing: Lunch.

"Let us go. We aren't going back and you can't make us."

At the prospect of battle, an all-devouring hunger began to burn within his lanky figure. It felt inhuman in its scope, and oh so wrong.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

The guards simply ignored everything you had to say, but their casual facial expression is soon replaced with fear and hatred.
    "Commander, the test subjects, they are tuning!"
    "Then the experiment failed. We must eliminate them, they can not be allowed to leave the complex. Get you weapons ready."
    Four guards and a commander approach with their weapons drawn. Apparently, this guys are not in a mood to chat.
    Show

LGBTAitP

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin stepped back and started shaking. His skin turns grey and horns grow out of his head. Large wings spread out on his back. His fingers transform into large claws glowing ice blue. GoOd, I wAs HuNgRy FoR a FiGhT!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

27. - Top - End - #27

Vic smiles maddeningly before letting out a wild shriek of pain and ecstasy. His body begins generating a massive amount of heat and his skin seems to melt then ignite with a black flame. His scream intensified as jagged metal erupted from within his body, covering his scorching flesh into a suit of segmented plates. Soon Vic no longer remain, in his place stood a metal juggernaut with flames burning beneath the armor "HAHAHAHA foolish mortals, you have wasted your only chance at survival... Look up me and despair I am your end, now I lay my claim upon your lives with full intent to collect this very moment."
    Blarg...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Realizing the extent of the danger triggered a strange response in Soga, as a fierce itch started tormenting his forearms, as if his coat's fabric was digging into them. But it lasted for just a moment. not because it receded, but because of what felt like there was no longer a forearm to itch.

His hood was pulled lower, leaving him with an odd need to grin, his hands suddenly felt awkward as tools of control (but oh so perfect for tearing gashes through enemies). He threw his neck back an a triumphant roar, but no sound was made. Still, he felt the itch of fear in the others, for they had perceived it nonetheless. He was unsure why, but it felt like this was the reward of a long and painful effort.

Snapping out of admiring this new form, he roared once more, ribbon-like tentacles of black velvet shooting out of his back and forearms. "What a mistake you've made", he thought onto the enemies. "You could have fled before your feet gave way."
    Last edited by Xhosant; 2014-06-23 at 03:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

As the guards ready their weapons, adrenaline begins to pulse through the girl. She is immediately seized with the urge to run- but rather than run, she looks down at her wrist. She bore a mark she'd never seen before, one that glowed brighter with each passing second. She bared a fiendish grin at the guards, and veins of light radiated out from the mark, slowly growing around her into a suit of divine armor. When the light subsided she bore a blank metallic face, her grin having disappeared in her transformation. Her arms had become weapons- a sword in the right, a cannon in the left. She raised the former and aimed it at the enemies, her course now known to her.

30. - Top - End - #30

Luke froze for a moment, desperately trying to hold back the hunger within him. "I warned you." With that, a bright light began to shine from from right hand as his skin turned from soft pink flesh to a hard viridian carapace. His fingers fuse together into wicked claws as bone spurs sprout out of his back. Luke let out a keening cry as his power awakened.