New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MM: The Great Down Under

Sam rolls out of bed with a thud. What the... "Who is that? What do you want?" Her voice is not so much irritable as it is simply "It's too early for this." "Gimme a moment." Clothes... Hey, screwdriver stuck in the wall actually. I'll have to fix that I guess. She scrounges up a shirt and sweats, opening the door part way, chain holding the door from opening completely. "Yes?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian nods, and looks around, taking a moment to identify the points of entry and exit, and identifying any camera locations so he knows what to look for should anything happen. He then heads out of the room, taking some time to examine the surrounding areas of the museum and keeping an eye out for any supers he might come across, making a circle through the surrounding areas of the museum before returning to the room with the stone.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Archon

The atrium the stone resided in had only three entrances, the main visitor entrance, and one from the adjacent exhibit. Near the back, there was an employee entrance, which led through the back corridors of the museum.

Your trip through the museum is helpful in understanding the layout of the building, though you didn't identify any Supers there. Then again, how many Supers hang out in costume at a museum? As you returned to the room, Nabanik was waiting for you. Satisfied? Good! The students will be here in an hour or so. I doubt they'll be any trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Link to a useful map. The Larger C room on the G floor is the Stone's room. If you don't have anything else to do, I'll skip to the field trip

Solara
    There is no response when you call, and no one on the other side of the door when you crack it open. The rasping on wood rings in your ears again, behind you. Inside your apartment.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Sam is a bit confused for a moment, then sighs. So much for studying it. "You know I'll just kill you again." She heads to the drawer that she put the bone in, ready for whatever jumps out. If she controls the fire, she shouldn't do too much damage. Might set off an alarm though.

Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian nods, taking up position not far from the stone - close enough that he'd easily be within range to use his NanoCaster should someone try to make a grab for the object. "Likely not, but I'll be keeping an eye open in case someone tries to take advantage of the distraction..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Archon
    A few patrons come through the exhibit, though none of them prove to be a problem. On cue, a large group of teenagers, just about your age, walked into the atrium being guided by a young women. And in here, we have the illustrious Stone. The Stone predates- I can take over from here Diane! Dr Nabanik cut in.

As the Doctor started into his energetic tirade, you scanned the crowd. Of the 30 or so students, the majority looked extremely bored, except one kid. Based on his skin color he looked like a native Australian, with wild unkempt hair. He was transfixed on the stone, slowly nodding in time with Nabanik's explanation. To top it off, your cybernetic eye overlayed a red outline over the boy's form. He was a Super.

Solara
    The femur was jostling about, occasionally knocking against the drawer wall (accounting for the knocking). Despite its jostling, it didn't seem to be acting against you. It just seemed to move, failing mainly due to lack of a joint to pivot.

There was more knocking, this time for sure on your door behind you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian frowns slightly as he sees the familiar aura tag overlay the kid. When his visual display doesn't bring up anything else about the kid, he frowns and thinks, Nothing known about him... is it a coincidence, or is he here because of the stone? What effects does it have on someone who already has powers? He keeps his eyes on the group, making sure to watch the kid in particular, but doesn't say anything intstead - unless there's an evident threat, there's no reason to cause any issues.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Sam looks out the peephole.

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Archon
    Nabanik's lecture continued to go on and on. He had deviated to discourse on archaeological excavation methods. Suddenly, a burst of static rips through your communications suite, before a voice came through. [You don't have to stare dude. Its kinda rude. ]

Solara
    Looking out the peephole, you spot an (unfortunately) familiar face. Inspector Jean, a 'Special Case' detective (SCD) from the United Nations. He had been 'assigned' to you after your initial incident in the apartment. He had made it clear in your previous interactions he is neither your ally nor your enemy.

And he was staring directly at you, through the peephole. Of course he couldn't actually see you, but it didn't make his unnerving stare any less intimidating.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2014-01-30 at 07:25 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian blinks for a moment, before making a mental note to himself. As he does, a note appears in his vision above the super, reading 'Power Suite: Radio Wave Manipulation? He sends a response back over the same channel, [My job is to protect this particular artifact from threats, and as the only powered individual present I'm sure you can understand why I'd focus more on you.]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Ricky was taken back by the response. [So you can sense powers! Hahaha thats awesome! Whats your story? I mean, you obviously got a radio in your head, so your like some kind of cyborg] A small smile crossed his face. At least they were smart enough to get a good guard on this thing. It was screaming for a super villain to swoop in and take it.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian nods, sighing, and replies, [Unfortunately, yes, I am... interestingly, you're the first super I've encountered outside of controlled environments. Some sort of radio transmission power, I'm assuming?]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Ricky grinned. He wanted to show off. He really did. But with so many kids from his class here, it was too risky. [Electricity, magnetism. I can use the magnetism bit to sense, locate and generate electromagnetic waves, like Radio waves. Haven't able to replicate higher frequency wavelengths tough. So what was it? Freak accident? Disabled from birth? Volunteer? I'd totally volunteer for that if I didn't have this]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian frowns to himself, updating the tag in his vision and replying, [I was... volunteered by my father in exchange for getting him out from some debts. Trust me, it's not nearly as nice as you'd think.] He continues watching the room as he converses with the kid via his internal codec, [What about you? Were you born with your powers, or were they something that you developed through other means?]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

His face goes pale as you explain, and then solemn and stoic as you asked in turn. [I'm sorry to hear that. I shouldn't have pried. If its all the same, I'm not sure how I got my powers. There was an accident. The night is a blur.] Finally Dr Nabanik had finished his explanation, allowing the students to wander the museum freely. [So the curator think some one is gonna steal this thing? Any idea who?]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

[Don't worry about it...] Adrian sighs, before continuing, [There's no specific suspects, but when it comes down to it, just about every known super, most unknown and any normal people who wish for whatever reason that they could have powers could easily be suspects - after all, something capable of causing superpowers to develop would be pretty valuable to nearly anyone.]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The crowd of students slowly dispersed, though the boy remained in the room, slowly pacing around the stone. [Didn't Dr. Nabanik just say that its only a theory? Ever since I stepped in this room, I've felt abuzz. More so than usual] He chuckled at his horrific pun. [But ya, any Supervillain could make use of this. Though I don't know of any normal person who could lift this thing, more or less take it.] As Ricky circled the stone, he glanced once at the cyborg. He was obviously trying to not look like a cyborg, with that trenchcoat and silly fedora, but it did make him stand out still. [Whats your name?]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

[Archon Unit 03-28] Adrian replies almost reflexively, before frowning. [Adrian Lucerne, actually... I'm used to being addressed more by the number than the name, lately.] He sighs to himself before saying, [And while it might be difficult for any single person to take it... well, if someone were planning on taking it, a forklift and explosives wouldn't be too much hassle for someone with the means to actually try for it anyway.]
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2014-01-30 at 08:58 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

[True. Then again...] Ricky looked away, chuckling all too confidently. [They'd have to fight through us first] Even through radio communication, he sounded cocky.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

[If you're offering your help, then I'd appreciate it. I never did get your name, though...]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"What do you want, Jean?" Sam says as she opens and unlatches the door. These meetings were never fun.

Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Ricky blinked dumbly for a moment before plastering on a big goofy grin. [Oh ya, sorry. I go by Sparkman. Secret identity and all that. Though you have seen my face.] Heeeeey Ricky! Another student, tall and lanky with extremely long and unkempt hair that obscured most of his face. He was waving at the Super, Sparkman, from across the atrium. Heyo Ricky! Whatcha still doin' in here? I thought we were gonna go-

Ricky had dropped his head, muttering under his breath. Damnit Morgan... Morgan jogged over to Ricky. Ricky, wassup? You ok?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrian smiles lightly as he sees the other guy approach his potential ally. [Noted... anyway, I'll leave you be for now. I don't know your range for communications, but mine is pretty far - at bare minimum, I can pick up signals throughout the city. I'll keep this frequency logged, since I don't use it for anything normally. Enjoy yourself, Ricky, and if anything happens then just watch yourself, alright?]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Archon
    [He's an idiot. I can receive anything that reaches me, but I've only got about a mile broadcast range. Just give me a buzz if anything goes down. I gotta go.]

Ricky and Morgan left the room, Ricky giving Morgan a death glare.

Solara
    Jean walked in, not responding to your question first. He paced your apartment once, before reaching down and picking up the jostling bone. The bone wiggled and squirmed in his grip. This. Why did you keep it? This is evidence, and you know it Sam. He was studying the animated bone intently, not giving you any eye contact.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

[If it's something I can't handle myself, I'll let you know.] Adrian watches as the boy heads out, making a note to himself to see what he can find out about the kid if he gets the chance to discretely do so.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"Because I figured if I couldn't figure out what it was, I knew you and your friends could. It started hopping around earlier, so my suspicion that it would reanimate was well placed." She poured a glass of milk. First few times she offered him one, but this was routine enough now that she new better unless he asked.

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Archon
    As Ricky disappeared, Dr. Nabanik stood next to you. Who was he? All of the Doctor's energy was gone. His voice was steady and serious.

Solara
    I can see that. From his trenchcoat, he pulled out an evidence bag, stuffing the bone (which was still trying to move around on its own), before returning it to his coat. Did you warn her? Did you tell her to shower when she got home?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

"Just a curious kid..." he answers, fully aware of the irony of calling someone his own age a kid.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Sam pauses mid gulp for a moment. "...why?"

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Archon
    Adrian, do not lie to me. Your focus was on him the moment he walked in here till he left. They said you could detect Supers. Who was he and is he a threat?

Solara
    Jean sighed heavily as he turned to you. His grey eyes bore into your forehead as he spoke. Any number of reasons. She did fall into an open grave didn't she? The whole host of bacterium that exist in soil at that depth that the human body is not normally exposed to. The wounds she received from the animated corpse. The large doses of radiation you washed the area in whilst she was trapped. She only complied in seeking medical attention after I told her about corpse rot. A fictitious disease, but the fear of zombism made her comply, for her own safety.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!