New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Skyside: Slave 2 Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Stealing isn't Bad? THE MORE YOU KNOW!

"Its only legally wrong if there is a law against it. In Skyside there are no laws. Therefore its not wrong, legally speaking. That and most of these people probably stole the things they sell here. I wouldn't be surprised if the tree you grew from was stolen from some druid's forest, smuggled here, then planted for some rich guy's amusement. Now do you want an awesome steamtech dress designed to protect you or not?

If I have to earn actual money for this and do it all purchase-like, we are going to start talking mercenary jobs I'll have to do, and in Skyside? Well, mercs are guns for hire. and to get to paid I'd have to do the job, and if I have to kill someone on those jobs whelp....thats worse than a little stealing, see? I can be nonlethal about my theft. But if the guy I work for on a merc job asks me to shoot to kill....I can't really do anything else, unless I want to betray him, and that can get messy real quick, with no guarantee of getting my money for the parts.

or maybe I can find a mechanics job, fixing things. But then I'd need money anyways for fixing stuff and whatnot. and even then- this is Skyside. the machines here are things of mad science and weaponry and things other criminals want made for nefarious reason or other, and if they come in to get their machine fixed well- whose to say I wouldn't just be repairing some weapon that would destroy some innocent soul later? assuming they will be honest about paying me and not turn their weapons on me as soon as they're repaired and threaten to kill me if I don't let them go free with said weapons. Assuming that repairmen already here wouldn't hire some gang of thugs to take down the competition I represent.

Trust me. I've been to these kinds of cities before. No rules means no playing nice. I'd rather steal stuff here than uphold a status quo that could easily crush me underfoot if I play along with its shell game. That and I can make sure that no one dies while doing so."

Then he realized he was explaining all this to a child. It all probably flew over her head.
    "....Just trust me ok?"
    "It is all pull a buddy up by the roots business?"

Poor Lion. Being the toughest weed in the Gardent does not mean much in the real world does it.

"I get it. I get it. You are right. I get it."

Then he goes back to the interesting part. "You think she was stolen too?"
    Lion lets off a puff of seeds. "Hey May? It kind of fits. Why nobody knows what you are. You were not supposed to be here."

"No little miss I did not mean it like that!"
    Lion waves his leaves around. Too late.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Bank Robbery

Tumbling down atop Invictus is exactly what the superhero wanted. Melee fighting is her primary skill set, and she can take quite a lot of pummelling. Which is helpful when they likely go tumbling end over end down the big pile of bank loot.

Invictus will try to keep Lady grappled during the fall and try to work towards getting her in a headlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Bank Robbery!

"Oof! Uggh...what was that about not being able to rip apart buildings with your bare hands?"

Intrepid staggers back. Ouch. Even with his helmet being what it is, that's definitely going to leave a bruise. He'll just have to be sure to return the favor. Let's hope Gentleman has a nice pair of sunglasses; he'll need them if this left cross connects with the bank robber's eye.

[Bank Robbery!]

Melee fighting is not, in fact, Lady's skillset! She's more of a chemical gadgeteer, really, and works best from a distance. Considering Invictus' secret identity, odds are that she's quite a bit stronger than a more or less physically average human.

So, uh, yeah. Headlock happens. Lady spends most of this turn ineffectually flailing and blurting incoherent nonsense about brutes and unhanding her this instant.

Really, I think she just massively underestimated Invictus and doesn't want to admit it, but hey.

---

Meanwhile, Gentleman and Intrepid continue their verbal and actual sparring!

"Goodness, no. I usually use my crowbar for that sort of thing, and-"

Super metal left fist go!

It connects, cutting short one of his lines of witty banter, but it doesn't seem to have done nearly as much damage as it should have. Since I believe Magtok has something resembling a sense of feeling in his metal side, he'll probably be able to detect the reason: A strong magnetic repulsion field flared up around his hat as soon as the fist approached!

This is, of course, one of Gentleman's favorite little gadgets, the bullet-deflecting top hat! Of course, it's significantly less effective on metal fists than it is on actual bullets, but there's enough result to be noticeable.

(Don't ask why the hat didn't just fly off of his head. Just don't. )

Anyway, back on subject. Gentleman unfortunately lacks a pair of sunglasses, so his domino mask will have to do.

"Ow, good show! Not everyone's got an arm like that!", says Gentleman as he attempts to quickly circle around to the non-metallic side of the crimefighter and throw a good punch at his ear!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bank Robbery!

Nope, gonna wait on Happy before posting here.

Another Totally Different Bank Robbery!

Magtok idly stands around outside the building, wondering where Arkhosia is. Hopefully this isn't some sort of trap or kidnapping or something; Magtok's had more than enough of those to last the rest of his lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #34

Bank Robbery!

Nope, gonna wait on Happy before posting here.

Another Totally Different Bank Robbery!

Magtok idly stands around outside the building, wondering where Arkhosia is. Hopefully this isn't some sort of trap or kidnapping or something; Magtok's had more than enough of those to last the rest of his lives.
    Suddenly, Ark!
    She's hanging upside down from a streetlight by her feet, facing Magtok's face.
    Hello!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #35

Self-Proclaimed Official Bank of Skyside (Not to Be Confused with any Demolished Banks with Similar Names)

"Gah!" Magtok nearly punches Ark right in the face in shock, before realizing she's not another mine turtle, and that punching a mine turtle really wouldn't help at all, either.

"How did you even...were you up there this whole time?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #36

Self-Proclaimed Official Bank of Skyside (Not to Be Confused with any Demolished Banks with Similar Names)

"Gah!" Magtok nearly punches Ark right in the face in shock, before realizing she's not another mine turtle, and that punching a mine turtle really wouldn't help at all, either.

"How did you even...were you up there this whole time?"
    Yep!
    Ark replies, grinning.
    So, what's the plan?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

The Heights

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Heights

"I spent fifteen years of my twenty-four as a child, being educated and trained in a general manner. I have no qualifications that set me out above everyone else, and little experience. To get rich, one needs a job. To get a job, one needs experience or qualifications. Until recently, I had neither. Especially as I'm baseline human with no special abilities or attributes in a world where we are in a minority. A sizeable minority, but still a minority. I was doing the best I could to get experience to get a better job to get more money so I could achieve that ambition." In that position, finding a job is very hard- though Zoe is two years older than I am and in a very different world. Plus a different gender and looking for a different type of job.

"What experience would you have gained as a waitress to improve your standing?" The Venerable asks.

SkyParkHappyFunLand

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SkyParkHappyFunLand]

Dana glances backward. "Yeesh, this didn't look nearly so far from the outside." But that;s the gimmick, right? Even so, Dana moves closer to Aiden. "Pretty, creepy, huh?" She says, exaggerating a bit too much to just be joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    SkyParkHappyFunLand

Dana joking and moving closer helps put Aiden a little at ease, and he flashes a grin at her. "I'll say. Think we can manage?" he asks. He was wondering just how long this walk would be.

The path starts to dwindle. Where once it was wide and clear, it's now quite thin and heavily overgrown. And... eww! Did they just walk face first into a spider web?

Bank Robbery the First

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

[Bank Robbery!]

Melee fighting is not, in fact, Lady's skillset! She's more of a chemical gadgeteer, really, and works best from a distance. Considering Invictus' secret identity, odds are that she's quite a bit stronger than a more or less physically average human.

So, uh, yeah. Headlock happens. Lady spends most of this turn ineffectually flailing and blurting incoherent nonsense about brutes and unhanding her this instant.

Really, I think she just massively underestimated Invictus and doesn't want to admit it, but hey.

---

Meanwhile, Gentleman and Intrepid continue their verbal and actual sparring!

"Goodness, no. I usually use my crowbar for that sort of thing, and-"

Super metal left fist go!

It connects, cutting short one of his lines of witty banter, but it doesn't seem to have done nearly as much damage as it should have. Since I believe Magtok has something resembling a sense of feeling in his metal side, he'll probably be able to detect the reason: A strong magnetic repulsion field flared up around his hat as soon as the fist approached!

This is, of course, one of Gentleman's favorite little gadgets, the bullet-deflecting top hat! Of course, it's significantly less effective on metal fists than it is on actual bullets, but there's enough result to be noticeable.

(Don't ask why the hat didn't just fly off of his head. Just don't. )

Anyway, back on subject. Gentleman unfortunately lacks a pair of sunglasses, so his domino mask will have to do.

"Ow, good show! Not everyone's got an arm like that!", says Gentleman as he attempts to quickly circle around to the non-metallic side of the crimefighter and throw a good punch at his ear!

"Surrender now, or I'll..." Invictus yells, then realizes she really needs a threat to fill in here. After a moment of mental flailing, she finds one. "... I'll... cut her hair off!"

She'll do it man! She's crazy!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-02-04 at 08:21 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #38

Bank Robbery the First

"You'll have to excuse m-Oh. Umm...Gent, I know I'm sorta obligated to side with Invictus on this, so you'll probably doubt me, but if my word's worth anything, she really means that and is going to cut huge, ugly chunks of Lady's hair if you don't surrender."

She's probably done it before, too. Why else would Intrepid wear that helmet all the time?

Bank Robbery the Second

"No idea. You're the one who invited me here, and I've never even been inside this bank before, so-"

Magtok stops making excuses and starts thinking. He's the evil genius here; this sort of thing is his job, not Arkhosia's!

"Okay, how about I open an account and deposit a huge bag of money? They bring it into the vault, leave the room, and when the coast is clear, you jump out of the bag you'd been hiding inside all along, and steal everything in sight?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #39

Bank Robbery the First

"You'll have to excuse m-Oh. Umm...Gent, I know I'm sorta obligated to side with Invictus on this, so you'll probably doubt me, but if my word's worth anything, she really means that and is going to cut huge, ugly chunks of Lady's hair if you don't surrender."

She's probably done it before, too. Why else would Intrepid wear that helmet all the time?

Bank Robbery the Second

"No idea. You're the one who invited me here, and I've never even been inside this bank before, so-"

Magtok stops making excuses and starts thinking. He's the evil genius here; this sort of thing is his job, not Arkhosia's!

"Okay, how about I open an account and deposit a huge bag of money? They bring it into the vault, leave the room, and when the coast is clear, you jump out of the bag you'd been hiding inside all along, and steal everything in sight?"
    Sounds great!
    She replies, landing on the ground and putting on a bowler hat.
    Now that Ark is in full view of Magtok, he'll notice that she's wearing this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

The Heights

"Experience serving customers and working under pressure, evidence that I can hold down a job, patience dealing with the general public, a basic wage to spend on night classes, though I hadn't actually looked through the brochures I'd taken back to my hotel room to see what was on offer and for how much." So nothing actually concrete, but hopefully stuff that will help her climb up the career ladder.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #41

Tempest Row

Two sylphs fall from the sky! Oh noes!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    SkyParkHappyFunLand

Dana joking and moving closer helps put Aiden a little at ease, and he flashes a grin at her. "I'll say. Think we can manage?" he asks. He was wondering just how long this walk would be.
    SkyParkHappyFunLand

The path starts to dwindle. Where once it was wide and clear, it's now quite thin and heavily overgrown. And... eww! Did they just walk face first into a spider web?
    [SkyParkHappyFunLand]

"We'll probably be fine. It's n-" Dana stops as they get a spider web to the face. She sputter and tries to wipe it away. "Ugh, dang spider webs." She complains. Now that's just annoying!

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Warehouse:

Ashley is quite free of any allergens. She remains unbothered as she begins to search through the warejungle. She'll notice its damn humid in the warehouse, likely to accommodate these large leaf tropical plants. It's all very green and leafy.
    Ashley keeps searching the warejungle, occasionally wiping at sweat. The fingers of her left hand are alight with flames, for whenever she finds this hive.

SkyParkHappyFunLand

Aiden makes a short groan and wipes at his face with his free hand. "Okay, I think the gag's been going on long enough now."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    "It is all pull a buddy up by the roots business?"

Poor Lion. Being the toughest weed in the Gardent does not mean much in the real world does it.

"I get it. I get it. You are right. I get it."

Then he goes back to the interesting part. "You think she was stolen too?"
    Lion lets off a puff of seeds. "Hey May? It kind of fits. Why nobody knows what you are. You were not supposed to be here."

"No little miss I did not mean it like that!"
    Lion waves his leaves around. Too late.
    "She's a dryad, Dandelion. wooden skin and grassy hair is a dead giveaway. The only question is who or what business would grow dryads in a lawless flying city gardent-whatever. Actually I am pretty sure I already know the answer but its generally not something you talk about in the presence of children. Especially since dryads are a female-only race."
    He said with disgust.
    "anyways, your origin doesn't matter all that much. What matters is that we need to get you two out of here. This is not a city for your type of people. I need to get you two to Nexus. I'm the kind of guy that can thrive here, but you plant people? Well your both pretty innocent. You deserve better."
    Hm. He needed to search for parts, but he wasn't sure if he could just leave them there. If he left to do so, who knows what will come by while he is gone? But Dandelion there couldn't even move. He gritted his teeth. He would just have to take the risk. He wasn't exactly spoiled for options.
    "Wait here, I'll be back in a few minutes..."
    He left to find a shop full of mechanical parts- any kind of such shop would do- drawing his six-shooter and loading it with non-lethal bullets. It was time to gather some materials...
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #45

Bank Infiltration

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sounds great!
    She replies, landing on the ground and putting on a bowler hat.
    Now that Ark is in full view of Magtok, he'll notice that she's wearing this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Nifty hat. The jacket and scarf, too. Alright, now get in the bag." Magtok commands, pulling out a massive burlap bag for Ark to be thrown in. It's already half-full of gold coins and paper currency, so it's not likely to be totally comfortable.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #46

Bank Infiltration

"Nifty hat. The jacket and scarf, too. Alright, now get in the bag." Magtok commands, pulling out a massive burlap bag for Ark to be thrown in. It's already half-full of gold coins and paper currency, so it's not likely to be totally comfortable.
    Ark jumps into the bag.
    I feel like scrooge mcduck in here!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Bank Robbery the First
    "Surrender now, or I'll..." Invictus yells, then realizes she really needs a threat to fill in here. After a moment of mental flailing, she finds one. "... I'll... cut her hair off!"

She'll do it man! She's crazy!
    Bank Robbery the First

Bank Robbery (Original Flavor!)

Gentleman just rolls his eyes.

"Oh, jolly good, just go ahead and arrest me. Having to wear a wig is so much worse than a Criminal Record, after all.", he says, dripping with sarcasm.

And then he suddenly whips his cane out of hammerspace and tries to jab Intrepid in the sternum with it. With a normal cane, this would not be particularly dangerous. Gentleman's Cane includes a few "special features", though, including an exposed live wire to stun people and a very strong electromagnet, used to grab objects at a distance and disable security cameras by disrupting their computer systems. Of course, since he's unaware of Intrepid's Cyborg-ness, he's just expecting to taze the guy and focus on helping his wife while he's distracted.

All Gentleman's really expecting the magnet to do is maybe scramble up any HUD in that helmet.

"Unhand my wife, you miserable quean!"

---

Meanwhile, Lady is busy being a damsel in distress because she can't reach her parasol-dartgun-shield! Unless...

...Haha, no, she just keeps struggling in frustration and generally being rather annoyed at this turn of events. Still, she ever-so-subtly manages to push the button hidden in her shoe.

I'm still not sure of the extent of Magtok's Cyborg "powers", but she just sent out an encrypted radio signal.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-05 at 05:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

"She's a dryad, Dandelion. wooden skin and grassy hair is a dead giveaway. The only question is who or what business would grow dryads in a lawless flying city gardent-whatever. Actually I am pretty sure I already know the answer but its generally not something you talk about in the presence of children. Especially since dryads are a female-only race."
    He said with disgust.
    "anyways, your origin doesn't matter all that much. What matters is that we need to get you two out of here. This is not a city for your type of people. I need to get you two to Nexus. I'm the kind of guy that can thrive here, but you plant people? Well your both pretty innocent. You deserve better."
    Hm. He needed to search for parts, but he wasn't sure if he could just leave them there. If he left to do so, who knows what will come by while he is gone? But Dandelion there couldn't even move. He gritted his teeth. He would just have to take the risk. He wasn't exactly spoiled for options.
    "Wait here, I'll be back in a few minutes..."
    He left to find a shop full of mechanical parts- any kind of such shop would do- drawing his six-shooter and loading it with non-lethal bullets. It was time to gather some materials...

"Hey where are you going? I am not your average dandelion! I am free!"

Lion tries to follow Valcario. And gets to the end of his root and stops. "Look at that. I put down roots again." One grows down and between two pieces of curb now.

"And that thirsty feeling went away too. That is nice. Hey. HEY! I liked walking. Cut me loose you stupid repair spider!" But those are back in the Gardent or busy repairing the bomb damage. There are no spiders here to cut Lion free. He is stuck.
    Last edited by Taet; 2014-02-05 at 06:46 PM.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.

19. - Top - End - #49

"Hey where are you going? I am not your average dandelion! I am free!"

Lion tries to follow Valcario. And gets to the end of his root and stops. "Look at that. I put down roots again." One grows down and between two pieces of curb now.

"And that thirsty feeling went away too. That is nice. Hey. HEY! I liked walking. Cut me loose you stupid repair spider!" But those are back in the Gardent or busy repairing the bomb damage. There are no spiders here to cut Lion free. He is stuck.
    Hey Lion, I'm not feeling so well...
    May complains to Lion, sounding kinda sick.
    Her distance from the birch tree is affecting her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Hey Lion, I'm not feeling so well...
    May complains to Lion, sounding kinda sick.
    Her distance from the birch tree is affecting her.
    "May? Little miss?" Lion stops pulling on his stuck root and looks May over. "You look like November. Real bad. Here put a root down and you will feel better."

But she does not have roots. He looks at her feet. He looks at the curb and the sidewalk and the nearest broken bomb area with no soil under it. He bends over and pokes at the crack in the curb. "Nothing in here but some dust. This is not even enough for a weed May."

"I think we have got to get you back to the Gardent."
    That is weird. I guess being a plant means you understand dryads. Even when you never heard the word before. "Here. Grab hold of my root and try and pull me loose. No spikes on my root. But maybe it will not come out and then. I hope Valcario gets back soon. Because you have got to go with or without me, little miss."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Robbing a Clock Store

Ah there was a place! an old clock store. Contained all the little gears and brass and copper and bronze and so on and so forth. Perfect to make the steamtech, or in this case, clocktech, the two technologies were more similar than not, as many inventors blended the two together until there was little difference between them.
    That and it probably had many types of clocks that employed steam power anyways.

He kicked in the door and pointed his revolver at the store owner.
    "Hand over the clocks! Only old-fashioned gear and steam ones now! None of that digital trash! I want to hear the tick-tocks, y'know what I am saying? gears turning, steam flowing through pipes, all that good stuff! I am in hurry here so get to it!"
    The store owner hurriedly started gathering clocks and putting them into an outstretched bag, not wanting to get shot, not knowing that none of the bulets would truly hurt him.

He then tries to get away with his new bag of clocks, does he succeed in his robbery attempt?

22. - Top - End - #52

"May? Little miss?" Lion stops pulling on his stuck root and looks May over. "You look like November. Real bad. Here put a root down and you will feel better."

But she does not have roots. He looks at her feet. He looks at the curb and the sidewalk and the nearest broken bomb area with no soil under it. He bends over and pokes at the crack in the curb. "Nothing in here but some dust. This is not even enough for a weed May."

"I think we have got to get you back to the Gardent."
    That is weird. I guess being a plant means you understand dryads. Even when you never heard the word before. "Here. Grab hold of my root and try and pull me loose. No spikes on my root. But maybe it will not come out and then. I hope Valcario gets back soon. Because you have got to go with or without me, little miss."
    May tries to pull him loose!
    Does she succeed?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #53

May tries to pull him loose!
    Does she succeed?
    But May is weaker now!

She pulls! Lion pulls! But the root wants to stay put!

Robbing a Clock Store

Ah there was a place! an old clock store. Contained all the little gears and brass and copper and bronze and so on and so forth. Perfect to make the steamtech, or in this case, clocktech, the two technologies were more similar than not, as many inventors blended the two together until there was little difference between them.
    That and it probably had many types of clocks that employed steam power anyways.

He kicked in the door and pointed his revolver at the store owner.
    "Hand over the clocks! Only old-fashioned gear and steam ones now! None of that digital trash! I want to hear the tick-tocks, y'know what I am saying? gears turning, steam flowing through pipes, all that good stuff! I am in hurry here so get to it!"
    The store owner hurriedly started gathering clocks and putting them into an outstretched bag, not wanting to get shot, not knowing that none of the bulets would truly hurt him.

He then tries to get away with his new bag of clocks, does he succeed in his robbery attempt?
    Two minutes 19 seconds after Valcario leaves with a bag that is ticking, the store owner is reaching for his phone to complain to someone. But that was an old fashioned spinning dial and it is gone too.

He gets back and hears Lion yelling "Ow ow ow! Stop! It is not working!" and sees May lose hold of the root and fall down sitting down. Lion wobbles back and forth with all the energy let go.

"You got back just in time Valcario! May's in trouble. I think she needs to be planted. Take her back to the Gardent and hurry! Forget me. I will be fine here. I am a tough weed. I got a root down."

He looks at the bag that is ticking and looks puzzled and a little sad. But he points down the street the way that he and May came from.

Fourteen minutes 55 seconds after Valcario leaves, Mr. Clockson has figured out how to make a call on the cell phone his granddaughter got him for Thanksmas.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

May in Trouble

"Oh right. Dryad. needs her tree."
    He quickly puts his gun back in its holster then ties his bag around his shoulder, much a backpack, then tries picks up May in both arms, in a cradling manner.
    He then starts running down the street.
    "Ok, May this is a bad time to ask, I know, but can you describe the tree that you fell out of? Kind of important. I'm not exactly an expert, even if I have interacted with Dryads before."
    He said while furiously searching for this Gardent place. Does he succeed?

25. - Top - End - #55

May in Trouble

"Oh right. Dryad. needs her tree."
    He quickly puts his gun back in its holster then ties his bag around his shoulder, much a backpack, then tries picks up May in both arms, in a cradling manner.
    He then starts running down the street.
    "Ok, May this is a bad time to ask, I know, but can you describe the tree that you fell out of? Kind of important. I'm not exactly an expert, even if I have interacted with Dryads before."
    He said while furiously searching for this Gardent place. Does he succeed?
    Mayday! Mayday!

A giant birch tree in the center.
    He is easily able to find it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Mayday

He runs into the Gardent and towards the big tree in the center. He needed to hurry, and there was no guarantee that just because it was Garden(t) that it meant it was safe, especially when it had a magical tree and who knows what else in a lawless city like this. Like meat-eating plants. Suddenly one reached out and snapped at him and he reflexively ducked. Speak of the devil!

However he kept running, couldn't fight while May was in danger. He soon got to it and laid her down next to the big birch tree.
    "Well....this will be hard to work into my plans for getting you guys out of here. Creating a mechanical leg-pot for Dandelion will be one thing. Making something that will get you out of here without getting you too far from this will be a real challenge, real difficult."
    And all without letting it die. His protective dress might have to wait. He wasn't a magic man, he was a catfolk of science. Steamtech science. He had no doubt that a druid could commune with the tree, or a wizard could wave his hands and magick up something that could solve this in an instant. But he was neither of those things. He could think of maybe two ways to solve the big birch problem, but one he wasn't sure would work, and the other he would need a lot more clocks to make.
    "Might even have to get this birch a rocket. Birches love rockets."

27. - Top - End - #57

Mayday

He runs into the Gardent and towards the big tree in the center. He needed to hurry, and there was no guarantee that just because it was Garden(t) that it meant it was safe, especially when it had a magical tree and who knows what else in a lawless city like this. Like meat-eating plants. Suddenly one reached out and snapped at him and he reflexively ducked. Speak of the devil!

However he kept running, couldn't fight while May was in danger. He soon got to it and laid her down next to the big birch tree.
    "Well....this will be hard to work into my plans for getting you guys out of here. Creating a mechanical leg-pot for Dandelion will be one thing. Making something that will get you out of here without getting you too far from this will be a real challenge, real difficult."
    And all without letting it die. His protective dress might have to wait. He wasn't a magic man, he was a catfolk of science. Steamtech science. He had no doubt that a druid could commune with the tree, or a wizard could wave his hands and magick up something that could solve this in an instant. But he was neither of those things. He could think of maybe two ways to solve the big birch problem, but one he wasn't sure would work, and the other he would need a lot more clocks to make.
    "Might even have to get this birch a rocket. Birches love rockets."
    No, they love cannons. Get it right.
    The birch opens it's eyes.
    ...wait, what?
    It's a treant!
    He yawns.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Tempest Row

Two sylphs fall from the sky! Oh noes!
    A young, somewhat wolfish looking woman is walking through Skyside...for some reason. When she sees the Sylphs start to fall, she breaks into a run and changes into a wolf-man, trying to use the enhanced strength of the other form to catch them.

((I'm sorry, the idea of a were-sylph is too funny to pass up.))
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-05 at 09:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    A young, somewhat wolfish looking woman is walking through Skyside...for some reason. When she sees the Sylphs start to fall, she breaks into a run and changes into a wolf-man, trying to use the enhanced strength of the other form to catch them.
    She succeeds!
    They're both males. One appears to be an archer, and the other appears to be a farmer.
    They're both unconscious
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

[Falling Air-People]

Therlynn gently lowers the sylphs to the ground, taking especial care with the archer. She then returns to human form and tries to wake them up. After all, it wouldn't do for the first thing for them to see after waking up is a big wolf-man monster thing, would it.