New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Skyside: Slave 2 Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    'I s'pose I better say yes, before you hike the price up even higher, eh?'

Tonja smirks again. This woman knew how to do business. The required monies are fished from her pocket and presented to Celica.
    Celica chuckles as Tonja pays, and the transaction is completed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)

"Aaagh!"

Gah, another arrow! Damn this stupid archer, and damn Magtok's lack of armor! That's going to hurt tomorrow, but despite what Therlynn might have intended, shooting an arrow through Magtok's hand, and possibly stabbing into Ark with it, that's probably just going to make it harder to dislodge the catgirl, if anything.

He flies higher, trying to find the nearest edge of Skyside. If he can just find a way to jump off the flying island, how's the werewolf going to follow them from there?
    Ark puts her gun away and focuses, trying to drain Therlynn's energy and give it to Magtok so it'll be easier for him to hold her (who, though lightweight, is now burdened by a few sacks of coins, gems, paper money, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The door swings open and the light in the shop dims slightly, a large figure ducks through the doorway and approaches the shopkeeper.

YOU.
    Celica's eyes widen.
    ****!
    She runs to the back door of the shop in an attempt to escape.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-02-11 at 02:25 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dirty Dan's Diner
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Xenna presumably arrives here with Arlem!
    A bit over-presumtuous, as Arlem stated that she would arrive separately.
    Across the street from the diner, a tall man in a beret has set up an easel and is busily painting a rather poor surreal version of the Skyside street, a distraction while he reads the minds of passers-by and waits for the slavers to arrive. He makes no additional notice of Xenna, but she may hear someone say, I'm ready once they arrive.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    His hand first goes to his steampunk mono-goggle eyepatch. He turns a little knob on it to adjust the vision on it to see in the Magic Spectrum. It was no enchantment- just science. Magic was a type of energy and was visible on a certain level of light, and all he had done was adjusted his mono-goggle to that. He saw the banshee just fine. What? its not as if he never faced magic before.

He then activated his pogo-boots, bouncing upwards, then deactivating them and landing on the car itself. Safest place from car was on top of car. Ok, now he kinda knew what was happening here. The banshee was trying to hypnotize people into making her ruler of the place. Used the Longmaker as an opportunity to start conquering? whatever the heck the Longmaker was. Oh well. The motivation was cliche and unreasonably stupid enough, time to kill the villain. He took aim at the banshee and fired off two shots of ecto rounds at her as a start.
    Tinkertown, A ShortLong Street

The car bounces down when Valcario lands on it. And Linda's seat bounces down in the air too? She looks down. "Do not scratch the paint!" she shouts. "It is new!" She honks the horn on the wheel and arms lift the front wood bumper up and straight at Valcario. It is set up the way a dump truck is. Lift up and go over and dump whatever is on it behind the driver seat.

But there is still time. "Do not point that eye piece at me, young man."

Valcario shoots and hits! More of the women scream and run out of the street.

"Rats and bugs and ghosts and now guns? That is it I quit!"
    "Kevlar purse strap! Nobody can shoot me and I look fashionable."
    "First prize for the Kevlar purse strap, now sell me one too."

Patti rolls over and over in the air but hears the magic word Sell and pays attention to that instead. "What is that dear? Sales already?" She cannot fly straight any more. The ghost tries to fly into the crowd but goes from side to side on the way. Better fire fast or you will not get another shot! "What was your name? My husband's shops will be very interested in selling your design with your name on it."
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Ark puts her gun away and focuses, trying to drain Therlynn's energy and give it to Magtok so it'll be easier for him to hold her (who, though lightweight, is now burdened by a few sacks of coins, gems, paper money, etc).
    Feeling exhausted both from the impact and Arkh's power, it takes Therlynn long enough to pull herself out of the impact mark on the wall that Magtok and Arkh are far enough away that all she can do is shake an angry fist in their direction. Looks like evil wins again.

A few minutes later, Therlynn meets back up with Eyros, and says to him, "Sorry about that...Those two are just insane, and I've sort of taken it upon myself to stop them whenever I run into them doing something evil. I'm a member of HALO, see, and they're AMENites, so they do evil, and it's my job to try to stop them."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The door swings open and the light in the shop dims slightly, a large figure ducks through the doorway and approaches the shopkeeper.

YOU.
    Celica's eyes widen.
    ****!
    She runs to the back door of the shop in an attempt to escape.
    At first, Tonja is of the assumption that the mystery guest might be after her, her newly-acquired gun being raised slightly in the large figure's direction. However, once it becomes clear that this person was not after her, the winged woman merely stands to one side of the shop, so as not to get involved. It was legitimately none of her business, and now that her business was done, she didn't really have a reason to stick around.

She kinda wants to see where this goes though, so she lingers, steely gaze watching as Celica attempts to flee the scene.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Feeling exhausted both from the impact and Arkh's power, it takes Therlynn long enough to pull herself out of the impact mark on the wall that Magtok and Arkh are far enough away that all she can do is shake an angry fist in their direction. Looks like evil wins again.

A few minutes later, Therlynn meets back up with Eyros, and says to him, "Sorry about that...Those two are just insane, and I've sort of taken it upon myself to stop them whenever I run into them doing something evil. I'm a member of HALO, see, and they're AMENites, so they do evil, and it's my job to try to stop them."
    Eyros nods.
    Ah.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Aftermath]

Therlynn pants a little bit, and says to Eyros, "Alright. Let's keep looking for your friends."

((Scene close? Also, you post first when they get to HALO from the Island.))

8. - Top - End - #188

[Aftermath]

Therlynn pants a little bit, and says to Eyros, "Alright. Let's keep looking for your friends."

((Scene close? Also, you post first when they get to HALO from the Island.))
    ((Yep! Could you please? ))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Warehouse:

Nest actually, and her search through the miniature jungle proves fruitful (Eh? Eh?). She eventually hears mor than the sounds of rustling plants. The sounds lead her towards the back of the warehouse, where she finds a small clearing made of trampled plants.

Seems she's stumbled across a struggle between the monsters. Thorns has Vines on it's knees, one hand where a hands throat would be the other hand pounding against Vines' head. Medals fall out of its head until they form a new club like its old one.

It has the advantage until Vines sticks its tendrils in its back. Thorns shrieks in pain as rows and rows of medals are ripped from it and returned to Vines with more on top. Vines stands triuphant, with thorns on the ground barely keeping from passing out.

Neither of them have noticed Ashley yet.
    Ashley decides that now isn't the time to get into a fight. She tries to sneak around Thorns and Vines, to just find the nest and burn it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SkyParkHappyFunLand]

"Okay, this is really starting to freak me out." Dana finally admits. To herself as much as anyone. "Maybe we should just try another ride."
    "Yeah, maybe we should. Can we just backtrack?" Aiden honestly wasn't sure if he could.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

[Celica's Smithery]

Therlynn walks into the empty shop, and waits by the counter for the owner to appear.

11. - Top - End - #191

[Celica's Smithery]

Therlynn walks into the empty shop, and waits by the counter for the owner to appear.
    Let's Have This Be A Separate Scene!

Celica is at the counter!
    Hello miss! What'cha looking for?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Let's Have This Be A Separate Scene!

Celica is at the counter!
    Hello miss! What'cha looking for?
    Therlynn smiles at the owner, and says, "Hi!" She flashed the card Caelynn gave her, and says, "Caelynn told me about this place. She also gave me this stuff called Dust, and said it could be used to make weapons? Thing is, I have no what it is or how it works, so I was hoping you could help me out, and maybe make me a nice new bow out of it."

13. - Top - End - #193

Therlynn smiles at the owner, and says, "Hi!" She flashed the card Caelynn gave her, and says, "Caelynn told me about this place. She also gave me this stuff called Dust, and said it could be used to make weapons? Thing is, I have no what it is or how it works, so I was hoping you could help me out, and maybe make me a nice new bow out of it."
    Actually, it's more used to power weapons with elemental effects. For example, Caelynn's gauntlets use white dust gems to create a concussive shockwave upon impact. Want a normal bow or one that can transform into a melee weapon, and what type of bow?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, it's more used to power weapons with elemental effects. For example, Caelynn's gauntlets use white dust gems to create a concussive shockwave upon impact. Want a normal bow or one that can transform into a melee weapon, and what type of bow?
    Therlynn thinks for a few minutes, and then says, "Well, having a melee weapon would certainly be nice, so I think I'll take the transforming option...As for the type, can you make it like this?" Therlynn shows Celica the bow she's currently using, a composite longbow.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-12 at 05:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Therlynn thinks for a few minutes, and then says, "Well, having a melee weapon would certainly be nice, so I think I'll take the transforming option...As for the type, can you make it like this?" Therlynn shows Celica the bow she's currently using, a composite longbow.
    What męlée weapon?
    Celica asks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

What męlée weapon?
    Celica asks.
    Therlynn thinks some more, and eventually says, "Is a longsword possible?"

17. - Top - End - #197

Therlynn thinks some more, and eventually says, "Is a longsword possible?"
    Yep!
    Celica replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Yep!
    Celica replies.
    Therlynn smiles and says, "Cool. So, I just give you the Dust, and you can make this for me?"

19. - Top - End - #199

Therlynn smiles and says, "Cool. So, I just give you the Dust, and you can make this for me?"
    Celica nods.
    any way I can contact you when I'm done?
    The rabbit faunus asks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Celica nods.
    any way I can contact you when I'm done?
    The rabbit faunus asks.
    Therlynn rubs the back of her head, and says, "Um...Now that I think about it, no, actually. I need to fix that at some point. Can you just estimate how long it will take, and I'll come back then?"

21. - Top - End - #201

Therlynn rubs the back of her head, and says, "Um...Now that I think about it, no, actually. I need to fix that at some point. Can you just estimate how long it will take, and I'll come back then?"
    Probably in about a week.
    Celica replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Probably in about a week.
    Celica replies.
    Therlynn nods, hands her the Dust, and says, "I'll see you then."

[In The Interest of Time]

One week later, Therlynn comes back into the shop. She asks, "Is my bow done yet?"

23. - Top - End - #203

Therlynn nods, hands her the Dust, and says, "I'll see you then."

[In The Interest of Time]

One week later, Therlynn comes back into the shop. She asks, "Is my bow done yet?"
    [Timeskip!]

Celica nods, presenting a composite longbow made of steel with a slot next to the arrow rest.
    Here you go! The slot next to the arrow rest is a dust compartment. White dust will imbue the arrow with a shockwave on impact, red will make an explosion, orange will burst unto flame, blue creates ice, yellow stuns, and purple poisons.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

[Timeskip!]

Celica nods, presenting a composite longbow made of steel with a slot next to the arrow rest.
    Here you go! The slot next to the arrow rest is a dust compartment. White dust will imbue the arrow with a shockwave on impact, red will make an explosion, orange will burst unto flame, blue creates ice, yellow stuns, and purple poisons.
    Therlynn laughs as she takes the bow, and holds it by the grip. She says, "Looks like the playing field's been leveled, Arkh," then turns back to Celica, and says, "You said it could also turn into a longsword? How does that work?"

25. - Top - End - #205

Therlynn laughs as she takes the bow, and holds it by the grip. She says, "Looks like the playing field's been leveled, Arkh," then turns back to Celica, and says, "You said it could also turn into a longsword? How does that work?"
    Press the button on the handle.
    ((How the bow looks in both forms is completely up to you)).
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Press the button on the handle.
    ((How the bow looks in both forms is completely up to you)).
    Therlynn presses the button, and the bow changes in her hand into a longsword with a black hilt and slightly spiky handguard, and she presses another button under the handguard, and it shifts back to being a bow. She says to Celica, "Thanks! This will definitely even the odds against anybody who thinks they can take advantage of the person who uses archaic weapons. How much do I owe you for it?"

((Bow version is on my tektek in the directory.))

27. - Top - End - #207

Therlynn presses the button, and the bow changes in her hand into a longsword with a black hilt and slightly spiky handguard, and she presses another button under the handguard, and it shifts back to being a bow. She says to Celica, "Thanks! This will definitely even the odds against anybody who thinks they can take advantage of the person who uses archaic weapons. How much do I owe you for it?"

((Bow version is on my tektek in the directory.))
    [Reasonable price with a discount due to being a friend of Caelynn's.]
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

[Reasonable price with a discount due to being a friend of Caelynn's.]
    Therlynn nods, and says, "Alright, here you go! Thank you so much!" Therlynn hands over the amount asked for and leaves.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley decides that now isn't the time to get into a fight. She tries to sneak around Thorns and Vines, to just find the nest and burn it away.
    Warehouse:

The area of flattened plant life is as close to a nest as she has seen thus far. In this case, in the style of a gorilla's nest.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Arkant's Workshop

Well, Arkant did give them something simular to a sky whale. Just better.^^ Arkant seems to speak such important things out and also calls numbers to some. Mainly the halfling fod thing and the whale fear. such things should be changed. Then he tries to go deeper, searching for things the creature has done for it's master. If you know what the creation should do he can fit them in .
    ((Still saw no replie from you Earl))

Arkant's Warehouse

It's been much time since something happened here. People who took care about the facility will notice that the warehouse got quiet busy. People get in and come out different. For example someone goes in and as he leaves he got wings on his back. Those people don't seem to mind the new limbs, skin or whatever they have. In fact they appear happy.And with time passing by, the people forget about the rumors that have been their while ago.

There are still people disapearing every day, but none while point at the warehouse and say it's cause of them.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK