New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Kate's Apartment

Sure, I can do that

Sophie will hop over to Kate. She waits a minute before asking, "Feeling better?"

"Yeah. Good to see you again. Weird, I'll admit, but good."

"I'm not sure if 'again' is quite the right word here..."

"Well, it feels about right."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

[Kate's Apartment]

Eric goes over to the couch and sits, letting them have their conversation as his mind begins expanding outward, searching for the psychic signature of Copi. They certainly know each other by now, after all.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Eric finds Copi about five blocks away. Her mental defenses are unmistakeable, as is the way that even on the surface there's something different about her. Copi notices the scan, being highly sensitive to psychic energies herself, and tries to interact with it.

Well! What have we here?

Of course, Copi has emission issues, and so has very limited range, and as thus Eric is going to have to keep the connection up all on his own. Or just not hold the connection at all, and Copi would never know if the message ever got to him.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

The scanning falls down, and Eric opens up a mental link for chat with Copi, It's Eric here. We have a problem up at Kate's apartment, and we can't have you coming home just yet...

Recap!

... So we need to have her, you know, finish acclimatizing to Sophie before she learns she has a psychic not-quite-sister mindclone and an AI daughter. I suspect her meeting Cos might also be a problem, given the golden haired child that was with him at the funeral.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

SooOoOoOoOo... Kate's back, and you're trying to talk me out of rushing home to her?

Copi has stopped moving, while before she was moving toward the apartment at walking speed. She gives a feeling of being somewhat irrational... but Copi's control over her own mind means that she's more than capable of bluffing, or lying, over telepathy.

I'm not going to say it's impossible, and you do have a good point, but...

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Let me make this perfectly clear to you, Copi; if you do this, you will break her. Her mind is nearly snapped in half as it is because there's another set of memories invading. So, if you have thoughts of attempting to rush back before she has a chance to process this, I will stop you. Kapische?

Eric's tone, even over the link, brooks no argument, and the senses and such he can't stop frm flowing over are definitely showing he's not bluffing.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Alright, alright. It comes across with resignation. If you're intending to go into her mind and try to deal with the memories, I would appreciate it if you waited for me. Nonetheless, this is a severe issue. My guess is that Cai might be a bigger shock than I, given that when Kate left Cai was an AI in her laptop.

Sophie and Kate have begun reminiscing. Kate seems to remember events after she is reminded of them, but not before. Eric might notice that Sophie is avoiding transformations, Copi, the AI, and other really weird topics.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

That's good. It means Sophie is doing what he asked, and it's helping Kate acclimatize.

I wasn't going to; she seemed uncomfortable with the thought of my checking, and I believe she'd appreciate it from someone she sees as a sister far more than I. Still, it's a problem that needs to be addressed, and I'd do it myself if there was a comfortable way to do it, or if it was more urgent. I'm glad you'll be able to cover that aspect of the problem.
    Last edited by Halae; 2014-06-22 at 02:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate's always been paranoid about her mind, and who can blame her? Anyway, how long do you think it will take for her to get used to Sophie?

As if on cue, Kate stands up suddenly and stumbles a bit, ending with her back to a wall. Kate is holding herself, rubbing her arms uncomfortably. Sophie looks surprised, the topic at hand shouldn't have caused that reaction.