New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Turf War - GAME STARTED ON PAGE 5

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhooves View Post
    That few? I'm used to 33% wolf ratios, with bonus night kills. In general, in games I've played, if town never blocks a kill they have 3 mislynches and then it's over.

Yikes.

I see almost no bonus kill powers for wolves either. Game just got easy for town.
    Wolves have an extra kill when the beast dies, which is unbanable by the way.

I think 20-25% is a perfectly reasonable ratio. With the identities of the wolves being secret, 3 mislynches is probable. This gives the villagers a chance.

I guess I'm fine with that overall. Disappointed but fine.

More votes on Recaiden please he may as well have posted "I'm a wolf please lynch me"
    No. He gave a perfectly valid reason as to why he pointed at you.

If you are town, you're pretty bad at it. Announcing you have a power role and making yourself a Night Kill target, and going after someone who isn't very suspicious. I hope you're not the seer, or to a lesser extent, the baner.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

That few? I'm used to 33% wolf ratios, with bonus night kills. In general, in games I've played, if town never blocks a kill they have 3 mislynches and then it's over.

Yikes.

I see almost no bonus kill powers for wolves either. Game just got easy for town.
    Smaller wolf groups find it easier to hide. I've run 40 player games with 5 wolves and they've won every one of them. The town seer not being able to scry proper roles is a decent disadvantage for the village side.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post

I think 20-25% is a perfectly reasonable ratio. With the identities of the wolves being secret, 3 mislynches is probable. This gives the villagers a chance.

If you are town, you're pretty bad at it. Announcing you have a power role and making yourself a Night Kill target, and going after someone who isn't very suspicious. I hope you're not the seer, or to a lesser extent, the baner.

Now hold on. I never said I had a power role. I said two things: My role is invaluable to town, and I'm invaluable to town. You don't think vanillas who know how to play as vanilla are invaluable as well?

His reason for voting me is terrible. And post-hoc. He's a wolf.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd peg him/her at vanilla town. Probably the best role to play aggressively, I'd reckon, and that's certainly what we're seeing. I'd prefer that over random anyways. We can always lynch Recaiden and if that turns out poorly, well we can lynch Dr. Whooves tomorrow.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

@DoctorWhooves:
    Still makes you an NK target. I think Recaiden's reason stands, claiming to be invaluable to town doesn't sound like a smart thing for a townie to do. At the very least, it's an understandable reason. That said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll be switching my vote later today.
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2014-02-25 at 12:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Still makes you an NK target. I think Recaiden's reason stands, claiming to be invaluable to town doesn't sound like a smart thing for a townie to do. At the very least, it's an understandable reason. That said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll be switching my vote later today.
    If the wolves want to kill me due to me claiming I'm really good at this game, I'm flattered, and I consider dying night 1 a great honor.

Of course in my experiences as a wolf I never do the obvious thing. The obvious thing loses wolves games faster than anything else.

Shame there's no power like a Tracker or a Watcher that would follow night actions.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Okay DoctorWhooves, you seem town to me.

Still not convinced about Recaiden. The Fiery Tower, though, he was giving essentially no reason at best. I'll go with him.
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2014-02-26 at 02:30 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

I actually don't think any of the roles are invaluable. I put your value at one townie, higher than the people who are pointing via random number generator.

And just as valuable to the wolves.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

*enters wearing a huge red bow tie and hideous checker patterned vest*

Point at the tubber, Mr. Jacklu!

*exaggeratedly places hands on my hips, then raises a forefinger to my chin, pursing my lips thoughtfully*

*smiles wide, making up my mind.*

*points at a random garbage can.*

No Mr. Jacklu, a tubber! A tubber!

*Points at that slightly cracked brick*

Mr. Jacklu, that isn't even the right colour! Point at a TUBBER!

*flails my arms in exasperation. Spins in place a few times, making myself dizzy and wobbling about, bumping into things*

*children laughing* No Mr. Jacklu! Point, not spin!

*Regains my balance. Nods in understanding.* *Points at The Fiery Tower.*

*more laughter* Yay! You pointed Mr. Jacklu!

*Makes an exaggerated bow*
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

10. - Top - End - #220

DoctorWhooooooooves.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Okay, so we've currently got 4 votes for both Fleeing Coward and DoctorWhooves, and if it stays like this the tiebreaker's complicated. DoctorWhooves reached 4 votes, then Fleeing Coward was brought to 4, then I switched my vote bringing DoctorWhooves to three, then he was brought to 4 again. What does that count as?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Halfling in the Playground

DoctorWhooves

Sorry Doctor, but you've already got everyone running in circles, trying to redirect blame at other people. It almost seems like you've made such a bold statement to bait people into targeting you so you can use some rather flimsy reasoning to turn suspicion back onto them.

Either you're a wolf, or you're more trouble than you're worth as a streetman.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I actually don't think any of the roles are invaluable. I put your value at one townie, higher than the people who are pointing via random number generator.

And just as valuable to the wolves.
    He literally just called me a townie despite having his vote on me.

He's a wolf, he knows i'm town, he needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    DoctorWhooves

Sorry Doctor, but you've already got everyone running in circles, trying to redirect blame at other people. It almost seems like you've made such a bold statement to bait people into targeting you so you can use some rather flimsy reasoning to turn suspicion back onto them.

Either you're a wolf, or you're more trouble than you're worth as a streetman.
    Oh don't be a fool. Where did I cause anyone to run in "circles?" I jump started the game because town was taking too long to start being productive. Beyond that, I've found my wolf for the day and don't disagree at all with the votes on Fiery, my other major suspect.

Your entire reason for voting for me makes no sense. Do better.
    Last edited by DoctorWhooves; 2014-02-25 at 03:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Okay, so we've currently got 4 votes for both Fleeing Coward and DoctorWhooves, and if it stays like this the tiebreaker's complicated. DoctorWhooves reached 4 votes, then Fleeing Coward was brought to 4, then I switched my vote bringing DoctorWhooves to three, then he was brought to 4 again. What does that count as?
    You mean you guys don't do sudden death?

15. - Top - End - #225

You've no reason to be anywhere near so sure you've found a wolf.

You've flimsy evidence at best, little more than some poor wording on Recaiden's part if that, and you're using that to outright claim he's a wolf for sure.

I stand by my statement. Heck, I'll go one further and say I'm very confident you're a wolf, deliberately trying to convince others to go barking up the wrong tree.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Also this level of activity is horrible for having 43 people playing.

We should lynch someone who's done nothing at all today if this keeps up.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

You've no reason to be anywhere near so sure you've found a wolf.

You've flimsy evidence at best, little more than some poor wording on Recaiden's part if that, and you're using that to outright claim he's a wolf for sure.

I stand by my statement. Heck, I'll go one further and say I'm very confident you're a wolf, deliberately trying to convince others to go barking up the wrong tree.
    Think about the following things:

1) Posts made in haste have perspective slips. I believe he has made one by calling me a townie. Perspective slips are the #1 way to catch wolves.

2) Again, there are 43 people in this game and half of them have not posted. Why would I draw this much attention to myself on day one if I were a wolf? Why not just not post? So easy since it doesn't look like anybody holds your feet to the fire to be productive on day one around here.

Seriously, think for two seconds here. Don't be lazy.

18. - Top - End - #228

Anything to redirect blame from yourself and give other people more false targets, eh Doctor?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Also is this the type of community where people vote once then leave and hope for the best, without checking in again all day?

If it is I'm just gonna claim my role now before 10 more people do their civic duty, vote, and abandon the game till tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Also this level of activity is horrible for having 43 people playing.

We should lynch someone who's done nothing at all today if this keeps up.
    Help me understand your reasoning. You're saying that we should lynch someone who will be auto lynched in 3 days if they keep doing what they are doing?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe you should learn the meta around here (or for that matter the rules, I mean Sudden Death, really?) before declaring yourself to have TEH SKILLZ. No one is invaluable enough to be above lynching Doctor Whooves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Help me understand your reasoning. You're saying that we should lynch someone who will be auto lynched in 3 days if they keep doing what they are doing?
    Duh?

How do you make sure wolves don't just coast through the first day every time?

Seriously, why even have a day 1 if you let people get away with doing nothing for it and there are no consequences? Wolves will just not post day one every time and you guarantee lynch a townie.

Stop being lazy. All of you.

I'm confirmable. I'm The Accountant. Aka Emperor, Double-Voter, whatever you want to call it. I can confirm it by getting us to 2 votes away from a majority lynch and hammering.

Now get off my lynch and help me do something productive. Jeez.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Maybe you should learn the meta around here (or for that matter the rules, I mean Sudden Death, really?) before declaring yourself to have TEH SKILLZ. No one is invaluable enough to be above lynching Doctor Whooves.
    Sudden Death is the only way I've ever seen a tie handled in a dozen different sites and playgroups.

You learn more as town from how people deal with a sudden death tie than anything else.

24. - Top - End - #234

I don't actually like the FC bandwagon particularly, but being the accountant is pretty easy to test. I'd prefer we get another person like FT up in the votes. I'll check back in before day ends, but for now Fleeting Coward.
    Last edited by Meta; 2014-02-26 at 11:09 AM.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

For my money you're more likely to find a wolf in Fiery than Fleeting.

Of course neither of them scream wolf like Recaiden. We have the trifecta of day one anti-town staring us in the face.

-Lack of reasoning on a bandwagon initial vote
    -Perspective slip
    -Post-hoc explanations

Though with so many inactives it really is just a crapshoot.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll change my vote to DoctorWhooves. His behaviour is hostile and aggressive, like that of a wolf.

A stereotypical wolf, that is. Actual wolves aren't quite as vicious as popular media and folk tales portray them. And they don't engage in arguments of logic, as far as I'm aware. Also, I doubt a wolf has time in his busy schedule to post on an internet forum with any regularity.

That's four sentences in a row that begin with the letter A. This might be a message of some sort. Then again, now I seem to be starting several consecutive sentences with the letter T. Could just be a coincidence. Or I'm doing it on purpose.

27. - Top - End - #237

Lack of reasoning applies to you too, Doctor.

Recaiden does not scream wolf. At all.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

This forum tends to have relatively low activity and relatively high numbers of players. Consequently, wolves have a higher win%. Which IMO is good, because town won way too easily on the other forums I've seen. But yeah, day one is usually vote once and pray, activity doesn't really pick up until day three or so.

FWIW, you're being very insistent and a bit rude with the amount of certainty you seem to have about finding a wolf.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I think I'll change my vote to DoctorWhooves. His behaviour is hostile and aggressive, like that of a wolf.

A stereotypical wolf, that is. Actual wolves aren't quite as vicious as popular media and folk tales portray them. And they don't engage in arguments of logic, as far as I'm aware. Also, I doubt a wolf has time in his busy schedule to post on an internet forum with any regularity.

That's four sentences in a row that begin with the letter A. This might be a message of some sort. Then again, now I seem to be starting several consecutive sentences with the letter T. Could just be a coincidence. Or I'm doing it on purpose.
    I swear people post without reading the topic.

I'm completely confirmable. Your logic is "His playstyle differs from mine, so he must be a wolf."

Lack of reasoning applies to you too, Doctor.

Recaiden does not scream wolf. At all.
    My argument: I think Recaiden is a wolf. Here are a number of reasons why I believe he is a wolf. These reasons are in keeping with my past experiences in hunting wolves on day one, and it would surprise me if I were wrong. At the very least, it is worth exploring him as a potential lynch candidate for the day.

Your argument: No he isn't.

This is ridiculous.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Chessgeek View Post
    This forum tends to have relatively low activity and relatively high numbers of players. Consequently, wolves have a higher win%. Which IMO is good, because town won way too easily on the other forums I've seen. But yeah, day one is usually vote once and pray, activity doesn't really pick up until day three or so.

FWIW, you're being very insistent and a bit rude with the amount of certainty you seem to have about finding a wolf.
    If that's the case then this simply is not the place for me. I require a dedicated playerbase that knows what it's doing and it sounds more like this is just a casual group with few people who really care about the art of mafia.

Still I'd like to believe that since I have a confirmable role there will be enough people to show up today that realize there's absolutely no reason to lynch me for the way I play the game. It's not like I would have been this brazen early if I wasn't confirmable.