New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery II

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Alright, I've updated the Alliance Map.
    I have been watching the ingame actions very closely and kept track of everything myself just in case. I do not see any actions last round involving Tekorva or Sympolemou joining the Grand Coalition.

In fact, Tekorva knows nothing of the Grand Coalition except rumours that the Khan of Woodwind is waging war on Aloren. Which we really don't care about.

EDIT - Copied directly from my post under the resources, trade and alliances section. I know, I know it might seem a bit much to look through everyone's big post but...

Trade Treaties
    Pryonia 「Coal」 for Tekorva 「Fish」 『Including formal alliance』
    Lyradis 「Grain」 for Tekorva 「Iron」 『Including non-aggression』
    Sympol 「Wood」 for Tekorva 「Fish」 『Including formal alliance』

Import necessity - Grain 「Rice」 『Currently imported from - Lyradis』

Formal Alliances
    Pryonia-Tekorva Alliance 「Pryonia and Tekorva」 『Peace treaty and military alliance』
    The Mountain Blade Treaty 「Sympolemou and Tekorva」 『Peace treaty and military alliance』
    Marriage Alliance 「Razdis and Tekorva」 『No terms』

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Now, how would brass compare, to, say iron? Or steel, or Mithril?
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    Brass is already stated to be equal to Iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Ummm...aren't you thinking of Bronze, sam?
    Ahhh I'm dying!

But no really, I don't know why brass and bronze are getting mixed up like this. Prime uses of brass include... Not making armour and swords out of it that's for sure.

You'll see later what we'll use it for, but for now if you're talking about metal and military, think bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    How does anyone feel about little OOC challenges resulting in (small) IC benefits (that you could've otherwise gotten with a single in-game action)?
    I am ready. /Jion adopts a combat-ready stance

EDIT - Here you go Wombat. As of 345 Jaten is 34.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-10 at 08:03 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I have finally finished my updated country info. It should be up to the standards required, but feel free to remind me if I left anything out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I have been watching the ingame actions very closely and kept track of everything myself just in case. I do not see any actions last round involving Tekorva or Sympolemou joining the Grand Coalition.

In fact, Tekorva knows nothing of the Grand Coalition except rumours that the Khan of Woodwind is waging war on Aloren. Which we really don't care about.
    I was informed both had applied for membership (I voted on both admittances myself) and the votes added both to the GC. If I'm mistaken I can of course remove them.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I am ready. /Jion adopts a combat-ready stance
    Good! You can find one such example in the letter to the Shiinguard in round 4 already (though Way is using an action for it). (I also cannot say definitively whether his translation is accurate, or by what percentage. That will follow by the turn of the week.)

Not all such challenges will be linguistic, though. (In case that might be anyone's worry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Alright, I have finally finished my updated country info. It should be up to the standards required, but feel free to remind me if I left anything out.
    I will check it out in the morning.

I wanted to put up the info for Zargrim today, but selfstudy homework and listening to players translating badly took up plenty of time.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

DnD has old age starting at 70, but is also high magic, and it also models a bit too closely to real life perhaps. However, circumstances are probably better than the Middle Ages. (They were pretty clean as people, but their cities were cramped and not as clean.) I figure from the 60s onwards there is a very real chance of death by old age

EDIT: How does anyone feel about little OOC challenges resulting in (small) IC benefits (that you could've otherwise gotten with a single in-game action)?
    Cool enough, that sounds reasonable. Still might be an interesting curiosity action to up medical knowledge extending age.

I'd totally be down for that even though I'm unclear what it would be exactly!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

I was informed both had applied for membership (I voted on both admittances myself) and the votes added both to the GC. If I'm mistaken I can of course remove them.
    I just checked and neither of us have spent an ingame action applying.

Not all such challenges will be linguistic, though. (In case that might be anyone's worry.)
    Whew! So for example, is Waylander's letter only accessible by those he chooses to share it with or is it for anyone to try?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

I just checked and neither of us have spent an ingame action applying.
    I think it was an invitation *from* the GC. Specifically so in the case of Sympol, I requested their admittance, which was discussed in PM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Well I'll let the more politically minded in the GC deal with that, I'm just here for maps.

Updated without their inclusion.
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Alternative Keyed Map

Spoiler
    Show

DOUBLE EDIT: I just got to wondering, does a Winning Tactic apply only to that leader or is in passed on? I could see it going either way and Curiosity 10 actions have lasting consequences, as does Faith 10, as does Diplomacy 10
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-02-10 at 08:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it was an invitation *from* the GC. Specifically so in the case of Sympol, I requested their admittance, which was discussed in PM.
    Afaik, actions still need to be spent on both sides. EDIT - I was more informing QuintonBeck on Tekorva's random inclusion.

Well I'll let the more politically minded in the GC deal with that, I'm just here for maps.

Updated without their inclusion.
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Alternative Keyed Map

Spoiler
    Show

DOUBLE EDIT: I just got to wondering, does a Winning Tactic apply only to that leader or is in passed on? I could see it going either way and Curiosity 10 actions have lasting consequences, as does Faith 10, as does Diplomacy 10
    That's a good question.

Also, if you want to make your key neater you could put a box outside the map with little coloured squares next to the Alliance names. It is a very good and useful map! Thank you.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-10 at 08:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Note: Not all true.
    Spoiler: Rumors from Celero!
    Show
    • King Andust is upset that Yasira's first born was a girl.
    • Kinil thinks Ruffino is annoying.
    • Yasira hates Ruffino's mother.
    • Yasira dislikes Tumberink.
    • Kuri has fathered his own illegitimate child, with a princess of another nation.
    • Kinil much prefers the company of Olwyt Ignato to the Doomkhan Dyamus.
    • Qualton Stopes has been spotted in The Sulvan Primarchy.
    • Heinrich has been spotted in Crima following leads about Stopes' whereabouts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't Lyra married/betrothed to boot?

Either way, very interesting that the oddball option is the one that ended up on top.

EDIT: How does anyone feel about little OOC challenges resulting in (small) IC benefits (that you could've otherwise gotten with a single in-game action)?
    She is indeed! To an Ashenian Prince! And they've got kids!

This throws all my plans out of wack, but I'm glad I chose her for Faith. It actually makes sense, her dad was Anti religion because the death of his wife, but Lyra's faith grew stronger due to her mother's death.

I WOULD I WOULD!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Note: Not all true.
    True or not, the last one catches my eye somewhat.

She is indeed! To an Ashenian Prince! And they've got kids!

This throws all my plans out of wack, but I'm glad I chose her for Faith. It actually makes sense, her dad was Anti religion because the death of his wife, but Lyra's faith grew stronger due to her mother's death.
    Only the best of plans fall apart when it comes to crunch. One must master the art of 'making it up on the fly' when it comes down to it.

Though if Lyradis is suddenly about to have a fanatical Lord of Fire worshipping leader I worry for our trade. As it is, tensions between Tekorva and Pryonia are likely to build with the death of Jaten.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, everyone! Trade and treaties in the alliances post should be set, now to work on the first post more, and get rid of more redundancies.

Still need updated Country posts from (last I checked) Chacmon, moossabi, WaylanderX, C'nor, Arkhosia, QuinenBeck, Chief, Thunderfist, ImperatorV, Avr, Silver_ablaze, arutha, Tychris, THEchanger, Percy, BladeofObliviom, and Aeternus.

Thanks to all who have! And thanks for letting me know about your rulers and family trees. Got whoever submitted.

True or not, the last one catches my eye somewhat.

Only the best of plans fall apart when it comes to crunch. One must master the art of 'making it up on the fly' when it comes down to it.

Though if Lyradis is suddenly about to have a fanatical Lord of Fire worshipping leader I worry for our trade. As it is, tensions between Tekorva and Pryonia are likely to build with the death of Jaten.
    Not sure I'll go to the Lord of Fire exactly. Looking more at...nature to be honest. Lyra is a Animal enthusist. She loves to ride horses, and has studied animals much of her life. She's got some big plans, and not all of them technology.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-02-10 at 10:08 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Updated, same post but here's a link to make checking easier.

Woodwind

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

ALSO! If you notice in the rulers list, it shows ages. Please let me know your rulers age so I can add it in! That way, we can keep track of rulers that are getting past their prime or life span.
    King Hazael Toranath II was fifty-seven as of the end of last round. Which means that he was fifty-eight in 346. He's nearing his twilight years and he will likely die in a few rounds.

Also... Because I don't recall you mentioning it... Did Lyra and Korath ever have that child? Oh, they did. I should pay more attention.
    I'll just go back to recording people's wedding dates on my family tree.

As for the out of character challenge thing, that really depends on the challenge. If it's mountain climbing, those in character benefits had better be good.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

I just discovered when Elder Jaten is going to die...

So... About regency. When we roll the stats, would the stats be for the heir or the regent? It makes more sense to me that they'd be the regent's stats and we roll when the heir comes of age, but then it would also make it possible to get free stat 5 specials before the heir comes of age...? If the heir's stats are used though, then we get basically a few free rounds to develop the stats.

I'll double check to see if I have missed the rules on this somewhere.

Not sure I'll go to the Lord of Fire exactly. Looking more at...nature to be honest. Lyra is a Animal enthusist. She loves to ride horses, and has studied animals much of her life. She's got some big plans, and not all of them technology.
    That sounds interesting. I cannot wait as her plans are unveiled. 「I found another i before e exception guys...

Unrelated, but I kinda want to see Egyptian-style god system sprout somewhere at some point.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds interesting. I cannot wait as her plans are unveiled. 「I found another i before e exception guys...
    That sounds like it could be inconvenient. Though I hope you won't take offence if the King of Ashenia doesn't go into mourning.

There are actually more exceptions that adherents to that rule. Such as glacier and hacienda.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    That sounds like it could be inconvenient. Though I hope you won't take offence if the King of Ashenia doesn't go into mourning.

There are actually more exceptions that adherents to that rule. Such as glacier and hacienda.
    I wouldn't take offense in the slightest. The King of Ashenia and Elder Jaten never even properly met! I really doubt he'd even like Jaten.

There are actually a lot of commonly used words like glacier and weird which are exceptions to the rule, this is just one that I've rediscovered because I don't use the word 'veil' that often. Do you say hacienda every day?

EDIT - Typo
    EDIT- Ah English rules are so reliable!
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-11 at 12:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

I wouldn't take offense in the slightest. The King of Ashenia and Elder Jaten never even properly met! I really doubt he'd even like Jaten.

There are actually a lot of commonly used words like glacier and weird which are exceptions to the rule, this is just one that I've rediscovered because I don't use the word 'veil' that often. Do you say hacienda every day?

EDIT - Typo
    EDIT- Ah English rules are so reliable!
    They might have gotten along. But as you said, they never really met, even with the Grand Ball. Do they have common interests? I don't really know... All the King of Ashenia does in his spare time is read, teach birds to sing and hunt wolves from horseback with the aid of specially trained golden eagles. (It's a thing, look it up)

Veil also happens to be pronounced in such a way which gives it away. At least, it does when I pronounce it. And yes. I do say hacienda every day. *shifty eyes*

That's why it isn't a rule any more. They abandoned it when they realised just how silly a rule it was.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

With all the talk of death, should we implement a rule for it? Say, start rolling a percent chance of death each round once hitting a certain age that gets higher each round? Like, 20% at 60, 40% at 65, 60% at 70 and so on? (Or some other percent chance) or do we just want to leave it to be decided by the players or the GMs if the players are dragging their lives on too long?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

They might have gotten along. But as you said, they never really met, even with the Grand Ball. Do they have common interests? I don't really know... All the King of Ashenia does in his spare time is read, teach birds to sing and hunt wolves from horseback with the aid of specially trained golden eagles. (It's a thing, look it up)

Veil also happens to be pronounced in such a way which gives it away. At least, it does when I pronounce it. And yes. I do say hacienda every day. *shifty eyes*

That's why it isn't a rule any more. They abandoned it when they realised just how silly a rule it was.
    She was brought up as a Hunter because she was one of at least seven and she has dyslexia. Nonetheless, she was still smarter than her six brothers. 「EDIT - A note here. Her six known brothers are dead and never married... There's a good reason Ambvard sometimes worries about her.」 Also, I know it's a thing so I don't have to look it up. She would probably join hunting wolves with the King if she were able, but as for reading let's just say... She finds it difficult.

It does when I do as well. Ah, be proud of your hacienda-saying-ritual! I guess...!

Except it seems like all English rules are silly. They also still teach using it, so if it is so dated... It just... English is such nonsense.

With all the talk of death, should we implement a rule for it? Say, start rolling a percent chance of death each round once hitting a certain age that gets higher each round? Like, 20% at 60, 40% at 65, 60% at 70 and so on? (Or some other percent chance) or do we just want to leave it to be decided by the players or the GMs if the players are dragging their lives on too long?
    I asked about this earlier because I'd set up my own system pretty much exactly like that using a d20. It was ok for the player to decide as long as the rulers die off at an appropriate age.

I would find the aforementioned posts in the last thread but I'm too lazy. Just trust me.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-11 at 02:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

I just realized the Goblins have a word for Hovercraft. We're doomed.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it full of eels?

(Monty Python has a lot to answer for)
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

So, this..looks amazing.

What's the ETA to more players?

And where should I read to catch up on what's going on?
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2014-02-11 at 05:15 AM.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    So, this..looks amazing.

Yep, it is amazing.

If you want to catch up, read the IC thread and the previous OOC thread (well, maybe skip past a few of the 49 pages).
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

She was brought up as a Hunter because she was one of at least seven and she has dyslexia. Nonetheless, she was still smarter than her six brothers. 「EDIT - A note here. Her six known brothers are dead and never married... There's a good reason Ambvard sometimes worries about her.」 Also, I know it's a thing so I don't have to look it up. She would probably join hunting wolves with the King if she were able, but as for reading let's just say... She finds it difficult.

It does when I do as well. Ah, be proud of your hacienda-saying-ritual! I guess...!

Except it seems like all English rules are silly. They also still teach using it, so if it is so dated... It just... English is such nonsense.
    No doubt she would join in the hunting.If she were allergic to eagles then it wouldn't work out, but that would be a very specific allergy so she's probably fine.
    As for reading, I doubt she'd be able to read with the King of Ashenia anyway, dyslexia or not, as there's no evidence to say she can read Ashenite script.

I am indeed proud of my hacienda ritual.

You mean the People of Woodwind don't? What if a force of hovercraft attacks, how would they send word to their khan?

So, this..looks amazing.

Well... Depending on how current exploration missions go, it shouldn't be too long. So maybe next round. As Silverbit said, browse the old thread and the in character, that should get you up to speed with the world.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Is it full of eels?

(Monty Python has a lot to answer for)
    Actually, the entirety of the letter was secretly a Monty Python reference.

So, this..looks amazing.

I would second what others have said but the OOC thread has a lot of guff. Unless you're good at skim reading, I recommend reading the opening posts of this thread and the IC thread. Then you could ask questions for the rest and thanks to the handy Wombat FAQ, they're likely to be new ones.

As for the ETA, I would assume 'really soon'. The first page of this thread has a list of recently discovered regions which are available, but Shnur has taken one already.

No doubt she would join in the hunting.If she were allergic to eagles then it wouldn't work out, but that would be a very specific allergy so she's probably fine.
    As for reading, I doubt she'd be able to read with the King of Ashenia anyway, dyslexia or not, as there's no evidence to say she can read Ashenite script.

I am indeed proud of my hacienda ritual.

You mean the People of Woodwind don't? What if a force of hovercraft attacks, how would they send word to their khan?
    I doubt she's allergic to eagles... As for Woodwind's word for hovercraft, I don't think it's particularly relevant to attacks. Is 'hostile force inbound' and the necessary detailed description for any attack not sufficient?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Looking at your family tree, has anyone already discovered how to add someone from another person's family tree to theirs? Like, for marriage? With that, I could easily see most family trees being connected already.

Whew! So for example, is Waylander's letter only accessible by those he chooses to share it with or is it for anyone to try?
    Actually, the entirety of the letter was secretly a Monty Python reference.
    You may all make your attempts at it.

The letter is two thirds references, a pinch of outrage (but not Maltak outrage), much humour, and may or may not have been written by a half-Sith.

I just got to wondering, does a Winning Tactic apply only to that leader or is in passed on? I could see it going either way and Curiosity 10 actions have lasting consequences, as does Faith 10, as does Diplomacy 10
    Hmmm, fair point. At first I figured the bonus was pretty big, but that is only taking into account one-on-one battles. For that reason, and figuring it would basically be the sign of a military genius that doesn't come around that often (like Alexander the Great, Ghengis Khan or Napoleon Bonaparte), I kept it at just the one ruler. Since it takes at least 3-4 rounds to get to a Winning Tactic though, might as well let it stay longer.

You can only have one Winning Tactic at any time, though. If you introduce a new one, the old one goes away.

As for the out of character challenge thing, that really depends on the challenge. If it's mountain climbing, those in character benefits had better be good.
    As much as I love climbing (well, hiking really, I still need to learn proper climbing), the challenges will be purely mental ones. The weirdest might be analysis of soundbits you pick up from magic locations or from outer space, tops.

So... About regency. When we roll the stats, would the stats be for the heir or the regent? It makes more sense to me that they'd be the regent's stats and we roll when the heir comes of age, but then it would also make it possible to get free stat 5 specials before the heir comes of age...? If the heir's stats are used though, then we get basically a few free rounds to develop the stats.

I'll double check to see if I have missed the rules on this somewhere.
    You roll stats for the regent, they gain a +1 to two stats, and they cannot use Special actions. If all is well, it's under "New characters" in "The Basics".

So, this..looks amazing.

The IC thread is a good start to get a basic feel for it. Currently the waiting list is empty, so you'd be put at the top, unless you want to claim region P1 (a polar region that has less features and less resources than other regions) or region 28 (which already has one terrain feature pre-defined and one resource stated).

New regions will likely be added at the start of the next round, which will be Sunday morning.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

As for Woodwind's word for hovercraft, I don't think it's particularly relevant to attacks. Is 'hostile force inbound' and the necessary detailed description for any attack not sufficient?
    Yes and no. The Khan might prefer brief and to the point reports over ones with long explanations of what exactly is attacking.

As much as I love climbing (well, hiking really, I still need to learn proper climbing), the challenges will be purely mental ones. The weirdest might be analysis of soundbits you pick up from magic locations or from outer space, tops.

The IC thread is a good start to get a basic feel for it. Currently the waiting list is empty, so you'd be put at the top, unless you want to claim region P1 (a polar region that has less features and less resources than other regions) or region 28 (which already has one terrain feature pre-defined and one resource stated).

New regions will likely be added at the start of the next round, which will be Sunday morning.
    Interesting...

Damn. I'm trying to colonise region twenty-eight.
    But yes, a lot of people are exploring at the moment (colonisation of empty territory is cheaper than warfare!), so unless we all manage to fail spectacularly, there should be land opened up, so if you wait, there should be a great variety available.

That said... How do we go about increasing our populations? My long term plans involve westward expansion into The Unknown, and I'm rather concerned about how much control I can exert over those lands without emptying half of Ashenia.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

You roll stats for the regent, they gain a +1 to two stats, and they cannot use Special actions. If all is well, it's under "New characters" in "The Basics".
    I looked and couldn't find it. Maybe I've missed it though. Thank you. Thankfully, Ambvard is still around. I'm not sure I'd want the Council of Tekorva more directly in charge of the country!
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-11 at 07:46 AM.