New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Fallen London: Hello, Delicious Playgrounders

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Well, shall we say...

My pupil Toomey has uncovered a singed playing-card beneath the so-called Exceptional Rose at the carnival.

I immediately made a supposition, for it seemed to greatly resemble the playing cards I have likewise noted were being distributed by a certain Doctor Blake...

...I have since instructed my pupil to investigate.

Also, RE: the Destinies...the bit about Lorn-Flukes is...vastly interesting. VASTLY. Mainly because I sank the Fate to get access to Flute Street. So...I've met the Flukes and know a bit about what they are, and their connection to the Rubberies...
    And said pupil *did* investigate, only to lose Dr Blake in a crowd. Upon returning to his own abode, he found a Jar of Pickled Liars Tongues with a note that could only be from Dr Blake to tell his mentor hello, and that said mentor would know what the liar's tongues meant...

MySTERious! And very like Dr Blake, I would wager. Toomey cannot ascertain yet if this is a friendly feud between the two men or if there is bad blood and he is caught in the middle...
    Similes are like metaphors.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    It says more about the Lorn-Flukes. And I also have Flute Street. Good investment.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Lorn-Flukes are the oldest and largest Flukes. And probably the most pure. Far older and larger than those of Flute Street. And very, very hostile to the Bazaar.
    Ohhhhhhh.

OHHHHHHH.

That re-contextualizes the attitude of the Flukes immensely.

And yes; I quite agree that Flute Street is one of the best Fate investments in the game.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-02-25 at 02:30 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Varen_Tai View Post
    And said pupil *did* investigate, only to lose Dr Blake in a crowd. Upon returning to his own abode, he found a Jar of Pickled Liars Tongues with a note that could only be from Dr Blake to tell his mentor hello, and that said mentor would know what the liar's tongues meant...

MySTERious! And very like Dr Blake, I would wager. Toomey cannot ascertain yet if this is a friendly feud between the two men or if there is bad blood and he is caught in the middle...
    Or, in fact, if there is an imposter. Which would be an option that does not actually implicate Doctor Blake.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Or, in fact, if there is an imposter. Which would be an option that does not actually implicate Doctor Blake.
    Yes! Another possibility! The plot thickens...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. The more I read about the other Destinies, the more I realize how utterly screwed we all are. The Liberation is especially...disappointing, though it might still be worth considering.

Spoiler
    Show
    Although if the Liberation of Night does, in fact, kill the Bazaar, it might be a good thing. Might as well go out fighting.

Honestly, Dr. Axton might just try to collapse the damned Neath and be done with it. Lousy lovecraftian horrors. At least then the surface might be safe.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2014-02-25 at 02:39 PM.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the "save your beloved" option for Liberation of Night seems to be the best. It outright states that you're heading back for the surface. The "save whoever you can" option also implies it, but it's not certain.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

I read through the destinies...and...yeah, I rather agree. On the other hand, PARABOLA!

(Somewhat of a tangent: Failbetter Games just announced they're working with BioWare on...something)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Colossus in the Playground

Ohhhhhhh.

OHHHHHHH.

That re-contextualizes the attitude of the Flukes immensely.

And yes; I quite agree that Flute Street is one of the best Fate investments in the game.

How so? And what exactly do you mean by attitude? I should probably return to Flute Street, I don't remember all the details.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Yeah, the "save your beloved" option for Liberation of Night seems to be the best. It outright states that you're heading back for the surface. The "save whoever you can" option also implies it, but it's not certain.
    There's also "save no one". In which you plunder all the riches to the Bazaar, drink all the Hesperidean Cider and head back to the surface as the richest gentlebeing in history.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp. Time to grind my Dangerous to 200 and try to raise some sort of army.

Or demolitions corps. Depending on how well things are going.

On a more serious note, I'm extremely interested in the Bioware information. Many possible things could come from that, and I can't think of a bad one.

Reapers that acted like proper eldritch horrors would have been amazing.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2014-02-25 at 03:04 PM.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    How so? And what exactly do you mean by attitude? I should probably return to Flute Street, I don't remember all the details.
    Mainly how they referred to the rubberies, and to their purpose, and the like. Interesting, given the Kaiju-Flukes' hostility to the Bazaar.

12. - Top - End - #282

Mainly how they referred to the rubberies, and to their purpose, and the like. Interesting, given the Kaiju-Flukes' hostility to the Bazaar.
    Oh.

Oh.

Ooooooh.

Damn.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Side note: I've been by the official forums; the Name cannot be achieved by the random tattoo option. They've seen to that.

That certainly narrows down my options some. I'm much more inclined to get the tattoo in remembrance of my poor daughter. Vengeance shall not rest.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

BTW, since I can't leave my Talkative Rattus Faber on me all the time, drop me a line here on in game to let me know you are ready to give me a lesson - I'll put him back and and let you know, then you can fire away. Sound good?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Varen_Tai View Post
    BTW, since I can't leave my Talkative Rattus Faber on me all the time, drop me a line here on in game to let me know you are ready to give me a lesson - I'll put him back and and let you know, then you can fire away. Sound good?
    Sounds good to me!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, I'm sorely tempted to get the Nadir tattoo. It seems interesting, but no Dreaded or Bizarre bonus is mentioned. It also seems a bit silly to tattoo your own name onto yourself.

The other option I'm considering is the Knight. Good ol' Boatman, I don't see enough of him these days.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2014-02-25 at 05:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

What about the fate investment involving the Bishop of Southwark? I was pondering saving my fate for that continuation after that whole chain.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
    What about the fate investment involving the Bishop of Southwark? I was pondering saving my fate for that continuation after that whole chain.
    It unlocks some very helpful pets, and is the key to the Bifurcated Owl, which I have yet to assemble, horrific as it seems. I've found the Dream-Hound in particular to be very worthwhile for a certain Menace.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

My Ocelot is a prominent member of my newspaper staff. It seems unkind to murder him.

Besides, we need to make Wednesday's edition.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground

Why not forever immortalize your Ocelot by turning him INTO Wednesday's Edition?

And is that path how the Brazen Fate quality is unlocked?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

With cleansing blade, my friend.

(Yes, I believe it unlocks the required opportunity card)
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2014-02-25 at 08:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Success! I have become acquainted with the Captivating Princess.

Sadly, my Masquing is still five so I can't trade in my Gifts of Scorn.

Edit: Maybe I should just go for the Affably Spy and save the Stiff-backed Young Lady for next year...
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2014-02-25 at 10:45 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

I have added TectonicRobot, after long last! Sorry, my brain was just too frazzled to get the 'bot into the opening post.

I think, all-told, I'm going to go for a specific tattoo. I just haven't decided which.

24. - Top - End - #294

Grinding Wines is taking longer than I thought. But give me a day or two and I should have them.

Edit:
    Okay. I remembered the circle trade and that I had about 600 leftover gossip from the Feast. Wines are okay. Now I just need ten actions, that will take another few minutes. Then Hydra and I can go on an epic bender together.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2014-02-26 at 04:05 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone else wants a random tattoo, I'll happily join you in the drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can't decide if I want a Hunter tattoo or just a big eye in the middle of my forehead.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

OK, OK, I'll bite. I have all the necessary wines if someone wants to go on a drinking bender with me and get a random tattoo.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

If anybody still wants some Feast gifts, I've got a pile of proscribed materials from dangerous grinding ready to make a few.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    If anybody still wants some Feast gifts, I've got a pile of proscribed materials from dangerous grinding ready to make a few.
    Sure, I could use a few. 3, to be exact - that will get me all the 10-and-under companions.

Added you as an acquaintance!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So Szadovar and I hit Fallen London with a wide variety of wines, spent the night working myself up to a frenzy of whatever-man-I-don't-care-what-I-get-isn't-this-a-lark-falling-down-drunk, talked to Milicent, and got myself a Shadow tattoo.

Szadovar? What'd you get, good sirrah?