New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: (AD&D 2 F.R.) Hoarfrost in the Moonwood

He gets up and bows to her. Smiling Yes I do. Although I might be a little lacking, it has been some time since I've done so. He makes sure to set aside his pack, bow and arrows. He follows her to the dance floor the chill air pleasantly reminding him that the seasons change as does all things. He feels at peace with the environment.
    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show
    Lea - Gangs of Freeport(Pathfinder)

Spoiler: Previous Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

KEVAMIN

The Halfling beams with pride, "Indeed, I am Kevamin the Magnificent - wanderer by day, patron of alehouses by night. It is a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances! I am glad my offering of a free round was enough to broach a conversation betwixt us. I had been eying your table from afar. Pray tell, what business do so many beautiful women have together on a fine day such as this?" The halfling meanders over to the girl's table, " Be you merchants or travelers? Perhaps noble knights from a distant land?" He giggles at the last comment and flashes a wry grin.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Knowing from the Scribe only that the Cauldron of Crowns was somewhere north, and that if she spent time in the area it's owner's crimes would reveal it sooner or later, Summer arrived at the village of Boardwalk on the banks of the Rauvin just as the sun had set and a chill breeze was kicking up.

Directed to an inn on the river itself—actually a sizable river boat docked there—Summer entered the Ferryman's Rest. She noted a comely human girl dancing with a fit looking elf lord. A band of adventuring women were welcoming a haflling man to their table.

Elsewhere in the tavern, locals ate, drank, and played at dice. Comely young bar wenches circulated, keeping drinks full and parties lively.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Kimimi gave a sequel of glee and scooped up the orange haired halfing in a bear hug. She spun around a few times, then set the petite girl smoothly down on one of the still empty chairs at their table. “It's so good to see you, Jewel! Stay! Oh, please stay with us! I sent a letter your way. Did it not arrive? The messengers were dubious about being able to find you in the Moonwood.”

She turned to smile at the halfling man. She blinked a little bit at the suggestion of 'Noble knights from a distant land' and actually blushed but shook her head. “Well met, good Kevemain! My name is Kimimi. I am a priestess of Lurue the Unicorn Queen. A Silvermaid some call us. My companions and I were are Jewel,” she indicated the other halfling, “Rin,” the waifish mage, young even in this company, “Sarah,”the elfkin swashbuckler, and “Katarina,” the scantily clad monk.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Elegant and graceful, energetic and skilled, Felicity proved to be a joy to dance with. Her petite body was firm, but soft in all the right places, and she was short enough to be perfectly eye to eye with Hais.

Though the woodsman had never had the time to formally learn dancing, the elf made up for a lot of it with his supernatural grace. He also noted that Felicity—though seeming to be lead—was actual guiding him with subtle pressures of her hand and drawing from her body.

Outsde, the mist off of the Rauvin rose higher, stretching out through the town and over the fields, shrouding the night in chill magic.

The third dance was slow. The human girl—who's hazel eyes had tell now lingered over the elf's—now gave a contented sigh and lay her head on his shoulder...

A few moments later Felicity jerked back at the sound of a great iron bell tolling. Locals all around the bar jumped to their feet, hands going to daggers or weapons of opportunity.

The barkeep yelled out, “Foe men coming.” He groaned when the great bell clanged a third time. “Three rings! They're already in town! Cast off! Cut the moorings and cast off! The river will protect us!”

Felicity looked frightened but yelled, “I have to get to the temple!”

While other locals were still hesitating between staying in the shelter of the boat and seeking out their loved ones in the night, the human girl grabbed her rowan wood staff and darted out the door faster than anyone could hope to stop her...

They could still follow if they were fast enough!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Hais lets his own grace and her guiding take effect to the point he's not even thinking so much as it just being second nature. He laughs lightly on the 3rd dance. Hais just about jumps out of his own skin when the bells go off. Everything happens so fast as the people jump up going for weapons. He's taking the time to check the doors and then his equipment. When the barkeep mentions enemies in town he goes for his equipment not content to leave Renithsar, sidestepping the table deftly and with ease. He throws his pack and quiver over his right shoulder as he grabs the bow with his left hand and darts for the doors after Felicity using the most clear path available. He's not content to let Felicity go out there alone without some help.

Spoiler: stats
    Show
    Armor Class: 3 (Base 10, Chain Mail 5, Dex -2)
    Mental Armor Class: 10 (Base 10, Int +0)
    Hit Points: 29
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2014-04-11 at 08:50 AM.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Rin stood when the bell sounded for Enemies approaching, and she went to the rim outside the tavern to look about for an enemy. After all, if it was soliders of her kingdom, then she would not help at all, but woe betide those that were not. She had no love for monsters and bandits, for those threatened her kingdom as well. She hadn't said a single word to the other girls, and frankly had no mind to either. Rin wasn't the social type, she was trained for war and combat, not making friends, nor had she been ordered to act like a lost child either.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Jewel let out that squeal she'd repressed when Kimi picked her up, returning the taller woman's embrace, settling herself into the chair when she was finally put down. She inclined her head to the other halfling, and then let out a laugh at his question. "Knight? Pft. Hardly. I'm a mentalist of some skill actually," she said, drawing herself up rather proudly.

When the bells rang, though, her chin came up, and she glanced at Kimi. "Well that sounds like trouble. What say we go see if we can help deal with that?" she said, and scrambled out of the chair, bolting for the door herself.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 7
    MAC 6
    HP 18
    PSPs 34

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Katarina

The brunette monk let out a soft chuckle at the halfling's mostly correct guess as to her true nature. Not that she was going to confirm it for him.. she didn't really like her first impressions on people to include her upbringing it, it often led to expectations that that the young woman was neither able nor willing to live up to.

"Good sir, we are here to discuss the formation of an adventuring company. I don't think it was to be specifically a girls only proposition..." she added with a soft giggle.

----------

When the bell rang and the presence of enemies was announced, Katarina leaped to her feet. She reached into her pack as she ran, fixing on a wicked looking gauntlet over her right hand, then sprinting and leaping off the boat if she had to. She didn't turn to see if the other girls were with her, but if she knew Kimimi half as well as she hoped she did, she knew that she didn't have to.
    Last edited by Lunawuff; 2014-04-13 at 11:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Group 1: Hais, Jewel, Katarinam Rin

The next few moments were particularly confusing. It was a testament to elven grace that Hais was able to get out the door with his pack shouldered and an arrow knocked before the mists swallowed sight of Felicity completely. As he hurried after the girl, he found that Katarina was moving along the boardwalk with him. Rin and Jewel, both somewhat confused by the dark and the mists, managed to mistake Katarina for Kimimi 'til all four of them had turned off of the boardwalk and onto a trail leading south towards the temple to Chaunteah.

They didn't get far before enemies loomed out of the mists, coming between them and Felicy. There were six of them, the shortest of them 6'3 and most of them half a head taller than that! Their shoulders were broad and their bodies were thick. They wore heavy leather pants and boots and mail clinked bellow crude surcoats, reinforced with assorted iron shoulder and knee guards. Their faces were furry, with wide mouths on muzzles. Their narrow eyes gleamed golden in the dim light. Wide, triangular ears with tufts of blood red fur twitched like those of massive foxes. The four in front carried round bronze shields of the type called targe and heavy clubs full of iron spikes. The two behind them carried steel halberds with oak shafts. They gave delighted hoots with a smattering of some crude goblin language as they moved in, more or less holding their formation, hungry for blood!

Even in this confusing element they weren't fast enough to strike before the young heroes had a chance to act first...

Spoiler: Game Mechanics
    Show
    Our enemies are hobgoblins. They come into view 20 feet ahead of Hais and Katarina, 25 ahead of Jewel and Rin. So no one will have any trouble closing with them if they wish to fight hand to hand. Maneuvering around the hobgoblin formation will be trickier. There’s a carpentry shop on one side, a stable on the other. Going around them shouldn't take too long, but in the dark and the fog, what else might obstruct your path?

I have rolled initiative on your behalf—using Hais's dexterity bonus—and we act first. Unless for some reason Hais wouldn't be running with an arrow knocked, he gets that attack as well.

Each round indicates about a minute of combat, but that's very fluid. Basicly, a round describes quite a bit of maneuvering and trading blows to set up for one or two good shots, not just a few thrusts and parries as in later editions.

The hobgoblins with shields have AC4. Those without have AC 5, but are behind a shield wall! Subtract that number from your Thac0 with your attack form of choice. If you roll that number or higher, you hit. A natural 20 will also allow you to roll your damage dice twice.

Writing for group two next!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Rin would looked at her companions and speak rather flatly. "You go back inside, I'll handle this." She said as she murmured a spell, all at once she would seem to Double, Triple! Quadruple! Until many of herself were stood in an arch of 15 ft from the enemy in a semi circle pattern. She would then begin reading herself for another spell.

[there's only 4 of her, Khadavla rolled for me]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Catching sight of the enemies Hais looses an arrow at one of the closer shield bearers.
    Spoiler: knocked arrow
    Show
    att (1d20)[3] 11-3=8ac miss dmg (1d8+3)[9]

After firing he slows down to take his next shots at the 2 halberd wielders.
    Spoiler: 5/2
    Show
    att (1d20)[9] 11-9=2ac hit dmg (1d8+3)[10]
    att (1d20)[17] 11-17=-6ac hit dmg (1d8+3)[8]
    move 60ft around the obstacle but still in Felicitys general direction

He's reaching back for another arrow as he tries to circumvent the unit of enemies.

Spoiler: stats
    Show
    Armor Class: 3 (Base 10, Chain Mail 5, Dex -2)
    Mental Armor Class: 10 (Base 10, Int +0)
    Hit Points: 29
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2014-04-15 at 12:54 AM.
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Tag Jewel and Katarina

The hobgoblins had a moment to gloat when the first one caught an arow on his shield.

The gloating didn't last long. First, they noted what they'd originally taken for little morethan a chidl—surely easy prey—call upon the power of magic to multiply into four.

Then, the elf buried an arrow into the heart of one halberd wielder and the throat of another. No sooner had he left them with only four opponents than did the elf fade back into the night and start his way around the barn. The only reason they didn't break on the spot is that—thouhg there were apparently six opponents remaining, all were girls and none bore much in the way of armor or weapons—the largest of them brought nothing to the fight but a single gauntlet!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

And their day got even worse, as the tiny halfling girl with the red hair skidded to a stop, pointed at the largest of the group, and a cruel grin crossed her face. "Time to crack open that skull," she hissed, as she curled her hand into a fist, a faint shimmer of cerulean blue light flicking across her eyes.

Spoiler: Mechanics and Stats
    Show

AC 7
    MAC 6
    HP 18
    PSPs 34 (Setting aside four as the minimum for Psychic Crush)
    Last edited by AliyaStormwrack; 2014-04-15 at 12:05 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Group 2: Kevemain, Kimimi, Sarah, Summer

Kev and the other girls were just the slightest bit slower out into the night, getting through the door along with the barkeep. That man had a heavy axe in his hand, but it was his intent to cut the moorings with it, not go looking for a fight...

Turning down the boardwalk towards the ropes, he pulled up short with a startled cry as a leather lash from out of the mist laid open his cheek. The bloodied barkeep staggered back as three hobgoglins appeared on the boardwalk between himself and the moorings—two in front, one further back.

Four other hobgoblins loomed slowly out of the mist on the road in front of the board walk!
    Last edited by Khadavla; 2014-04-15 at 01:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Group 3: Hais

As the elflord backed up, the mist swallowed him.

Moving deftly through the mist, he went around the stable in an attempt to get past the hobgoblin blockade.

Up ahead, Hais heard a horse wicker in rage, accompanied by the snorting of several others. Up ahead he could make out three hobgoblins standing in front of the stables, two holding halberds at the ready, the third with his morning star on his belt and a dagger in each boot. He had both hands on the reigns of a beautiful white mare and was trying to wrestle her out into the night.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Enraged by the mistreatment of a animal by these monsters Hais stops, calmly drawing an arrow he fires in quick succession starting with the one that had ahold of the horse he fires at each hobgoblin.
    Spoiler: 3/1
    Show
    sacrificing his movement Hais speeds up his rof
    att (1d20)[15] 11-15=-4ac dmg (1d8+3)[9]
    att (1d20)[19] 11-19=-8ac dmg (1d8+3)[4]
    att (1d20)[14] 11-14=-3ac dmg (1d8+3)[4]
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2014-05-04 at 03:52 AM.
    Show

Show