New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Blood and Pancakes (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Joyous Noise had been quiet, waiting for the right moment to speak up. Now was probably the time.

"I thinks it's time that everypony made clear what they're looking for." she said "What I want is to get to Tauronto without having to worry about assasins or bounty hunters at my back."

"You presumably want a stable rule, you don't want friction between you and the Olive Family. It is abundantly clear that this is not about guilt or innocence, but about politics and business. That's fine. We are a group of ponies with a wide set of skills, so I'm sure we could negotiate something."

She paused, briefly searching the sultan for a reaction.

"So what needs to happen for all of us to walk away happy? Obviously, we-" she gestured to her friends "will need to discuss your terms privately before accepting anything."
    Sari opened and closed her mouth a few times, like a fish. When she spoke, a hint of fear - or was it disgust? - was in her voice.

"This absolutely is about guilt and innocence, and most importantly it is about justice. A good acquaintance of mine is dead and while I am able to accept that her death might have been partially her fault, it seems as if you assume that this is some sort of...game. What I assumed we were discussing was the matter of jurisdiction, but it seems as if that you would prefer on focusing what you can do to avoid confronting the issues you have caused."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Because from the sounds of it, it is more about vengeance then any sort of justice, to the point where you've flat out admitted that Addawsa trying to murder us by proxy will actually garner him support. You've also pretty much admitted that we're going to be found guilty unless we somehow prove our innocence, which at the very least is going to involve crashing a funeral or some graverobbing. Which is likely a crime which brings us right back to square one. Supply shrugs, her voice dull and uninterested.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Spamalot in the Playground

"You are correct that this isn't a game. We never thought it to be a game, but what we do believe is that self-defense isn't a crime. Yet we have been constantly accused of murder without a chance to prove our innocence," Doc said with a quick glance to his companions. "We could have walked away after olive expired, but we wished to show good faith when the camel spoke of orphans needing medications. We stayed to help those orphans despite Olive being the aggressor that nearly killed one of us. After the camel left us to die we met some of your soldiers and we willingly traveled here with them because we want to straighten this out and prove our innocence. To prove that Olive's death was nothing more than an accident when she attacked us and we only defended ourselves. We've even been more than willing to help with tasks in Olive's absence, but still we have met mostyl deaf ears and hearts only wanting blood for some slight that doesn't exist."

Doc leaned his weight forward a tiny bit. "As a medic, I can recite to you a plethora of ways a pony can die and they need not be from extreme trauma. A stray shot to an artery, a blow to the back of the head. A pony could actually drown in their own vomit after a night of binge drinking. Tell me, if you were attacked by someone and you fought back to save your own life, and that strike accidentally killed your attacker, would you consider yourself a murderer? Would you believe it fair that you be put to death for defending yourself?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Chiseled decided to speak up.
    "Forgive me for playing the draconequs, but for the clan of the olive mare, it is certainly about justice. From their perspective, their daughter has been murdered by unknown ponies. She may not have been in control of herself, she may have provoked the conflict, but all that they know for sure is that their daughter is dead and the ponies responsible walk freely. Worse yet, the family is in their grief enough to excuse the circumstances, unwilling to speak ill of the dead. They are more willing to believe their filly is guiltless than accept her death as something justified, that on level it was acceptable for her to die. In my tribe one of our own was once killed by a scavenger team. All within our tribe clamored for a blood feud, especially the pony's family. Later we captured one of the scavengers, and he told us that our pony had stolen from them, tried to rob them like a common raider. We dismissed the claim, sure that one of our own would never indulge in such foul behavior. It was only when the pony's sister stepped up on the scavenger's behalf and revealed he had been stolen money from a traveler before to buy liquors from the traders, did we begin to accept that the scavengers were correct in their claim."

he gave a glance to the rest of his group. "To the ponies of this town we are little different than the scavengers, strangers who have killed their own on claims they cannot accept lest they admit to the faults of the dead. And so until they can accept our proof as sufficient evidence of olive mare's guilt, we are no better than raiders in their eyes."

he looks up to the mare in the bed. "Forgive me lady Sari, if I speak out of turn. I am Chiseled Jaw, a guardian for these ponies."
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

5. - Top - End - #485

Sari looks at the three ponies with something between surprise and mortification. Her big green eyes looked slightly watery for a few moments before she batted her eyelashes, apparently to fight back tears.

"I am attempting to help you all. Because of the monstrosity of what Addawsa has done, I truly wish to assist you through this, which is the sole reason I had you come to me. If Olive Leaf's death was a accident, I do not wish more ponies to be hurt because of that, and even if it was not a death for a death is not right. She would not approve of that."
    She breathed in deeply, and turned her head slightly to face Supply Route.

"While the Olive family would prefer to have you executed for killing Olive Leaf, unicorn, I am attempting to assist you in getting a fair treatment. As much as it might appeal to you for me to say the names of a few ponies to kill and be done with it, in this domain justice supersedes vengeance and mindless killing holds no sway here. If you would rather, I could have you pointed into the direction of the Olive family compound, where you are perfectly welcome to meet with them and attempt to talk to them, which will likely end in your death."

She turned her head to face Doc Wagon.

"While you might disapprove of what I have to say, for the sake of the argument you have no proof that you could defend yourselves with. At this moment, there is one dead mare, one camel with a grudge, and a large, powerful family which will wish for your immediate deaths very soon. Because, for the most part, you are all relative unknowns, your case must be defended by an established citizen here, a patron, if you wish. I have enough power to force the Olive family to back down fully, but even nulling Olive Leaf's death does not remove the issue of Addawsa's actions, which I personally consider abominable.

When she looked at Chiseled Jaw, however, the slightly sour look she had on her face faded to where it was only the color on her cheeks that could have told a pony that she was still especially upset. She nodded at his words, in a way that was quite possibly not because she completely agreed with them.

"In a way, you are right. The ponies in this land, especially the larger families such as the Olives, could be considered a tribe. They are a large earth pony clan, a farming dynasty that even now continues their trade. I find the idea of allowing power to be distributed to solely the powerful to be barbaric manner of doing things, which is partially why I intend on assisting you and your friends."

Sari paused, and nodded at the stallion. "You have not spoken out of turn, Chiseled Jaw. Please, you are allowed to speak freely as much as you wish. Tell me, what do think of my hospitality, for one who has never been here before?"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-05-26 at 09:39 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Supply Route sighs and gives Sari a small sad smile. I understand, and I do appreciate your efforts. But I do think it's futile. Addawasa's actions prove that they are more interested in vengeance then justice, else he would have turned us over to the authorities rather then try and kill us. And I don't think going through a trial task or whatever is going to prevent them from sending mercs and assassins after us.

Believe me, I don't want to kill any of them. But I'm more then willing to defend myself, and when they send mercs after us there will be blood spilled. The only way to avoid further bloodshed is for us to disappear, and that means keeping our location a secret and getting as much distance between us and them as fast as possible. Not doing some public job that lets them know exactly where we are.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #487

Sari, good mood fading quickly, slowly raises off the ground and takes a few steps forward, towards Supply Route. When she got close enough the her to where either could have reached out and touched the other, she looked down, neck and back slightly arched slightly and head angled to where she was all but looking directly down at the unicorn. Her almond-shaped green were narrowed slightly, and her mouth was a thin line.

Supply Route would have noticed that Sari's mane smelled faintly of mint.

"If you are questioning my abilities in enforcing my own decisions, I am sorry for the inconvenience. But, I assure you, for all that the Olive family is, they respect the decisions of others in power, no matter the result. If you believe you require protection for the remainder of your stay, I wish to remind you that you are already being protected by the very ponies who brought you here."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar stomps a hoof in anger. "Supply Route, you killed a pony! There are consequences for that, even in self defence!" She glares at the unicorn, well aware that Olive Leaf's death wasn't at all accidental. Oh, the first blow might well have been fatal left untreated, but in the final accounting it was Supply Route's own ruthlessness that had been the death of the Sultana's agent. Stellar wasn't about to out her companion over that, but she out to be showing a damn sight more contrition over what she'd done.

Still glaring at the unicorn, Stellar pointedly stalks over to the Sultana's side and sits there. She holds her glare for a few seconds longer before speaking to the Sultana.

"I don't have to hear what the task is. I will do as you ask, Sari."

With a sigh, she turns back to the others, ears flopping. "Some of you might think you can run from this. Some of you may even be successful. But my home and family are nearby, and I have no intention of being a fugitive for the rest of my days."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-05-27 at 01:13 AM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

I don't want you putting your guards at risk to defend us. I just think it's going to come down to bloodshed one way or the other. Supply shrugs her sad smile faltering. Still she keeps her gaze locked with Sari's, til Stellar speaks up at least.

Yeah, usually the consequences are myself and my friends living for another day. Supply snaps, glaring at Stellar. It's clear Stellar has inadvertently touched on a sore subject for Supply Route, and if she pursues it, well there's going to be yelling at the very least.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar holds Supply Route's glare with unflinching disdain.

Spoiler: Glare
    Show
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2014-05-27 at 02:24 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491

Doc pushed his glasses up the bridge of his snout a bit. "It's apparent that the justice system works a bit different around here then at home," he said. "Regardless of my opinions on that, it seems either choice we take now is an uphill climb. Therefore, I reckon our best bet is accepting the Sultana's offer and perform these tasks. At least having somepony on our side that knows the system would give us a better chance of getting through this ordeal alive."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #492

Sari, besides giving Stellar an approving little nod, seemed content to observe the ponies debate and argue amongst themselves. Apparantly, though, she found the Supply Route's argument to be weak, because after the doctor finished speaking she herself began to do so.

"I assure you, the Olive family is not prone to sending hit squads. Perhaps that is how they solve problems in the south, but here solving issues such as this in a non-violant manner is the norm. The only reason violance can be introduced into this is if you wish for it to be. The Olive's hardly need a stain to their reputation, and needless to say my own guards are suitable enough for me and my people."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Orc in the Playground

Great. Noise herself had set this whole snafu in motion.

It was time to make amends.

"Sari, I apologize for my words earlier. I... have not had a good experience in the wasteland. I'd assumed that any leader would be a mogul, a petty despot. Clearly you are much more than that."

Noise hung her head in exhaustion- or perhaps shame. When she spoke again, her voice had an edge of grief.

"I'd tried to give us an image of strength by playing the part of a cold mercenary, but that is not something you respect. It's not something I respect."

She paused to gather her thoughts.

"Most of my companions here are recent acquaintances, but Supply Route and I have been travelling together for several months. It has not been easy," she drew a shuddering breath "the wasteland is not kind to ghouls. Not that it's kind to anypony..." she trailed off.

"What I'm saying is that I don't want to see anypony else get hurt. We'll do what it takes to prove our innocence."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

14. - Top - End - #494

"Don't feel too badly about it, Noise," Doc said, "I doubt this has been a good experience for any of us and I can only imagine you have it a bit harder than most. We'll make it through these tasks together though."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #495

Sari looked slightly preturbed by Noise's words, and while she was smileing it didn't look like she was especially happy at the moment.

"I appreciate your honesty. I will admit that I can be petty at times, but I have no fear in admiting my own faults."

She let out a small laugh. It sounded quite exeptionally fake.

"For example, I assumed you had some horrible skin condition up until now."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496

"You want to give the sultana's idea a try first, Supply?" Doc asked quietly. "I mean, if you end up being right anyway I'll support you. I just think we should give this idea a chance. We confront the problem this way and give it some sort of closure."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

That depends on the job, but generally I'm fine with it if the rest of you wish to take the job.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    When she looked at Chiseled Jaw, however, the slightly sour look she had on her face faded to where it was only the color on her cheeks that could have told a pony that she was still especially upset. She nodded at his words, in a way that was quite possibly not because she completely agreed with them.

"In a way, you are right. The ponies in this land, especially the larger families such as the Olives, could be considered a tribe. They are a large earth pony clan, a farming dynasty that even now continues their trade. I find the idea of allowing power to be distributed to solely the powerful to be barbaric manner of doing things, which is partially why I intend on assisting you and your friends."

Sari paused, and nodded at the stallion. "You have not spoken out of turn, Chiseled Jaw. Please, you are allowed to speak freely as much as you wish. Tell me, what do think of my hospitality, for one who has never been here before?"
    Chiseled gave a slight bow, "My thanks, Lady Sari. I must admit these are strange lands for one used to roaming the open expanses of the wastes. I must concede I have not before seen such a place where so many ponies would settle in one place, even the other bone-dwellers, largely stayed in small groups or were nomadic themselves. It seems to me that it speaks for your tenacity to cling to one place rather than move where living is easier."
    he turned back to the rest of the group. "Regardless of the Olive Tribes goals, be it justice or vengeance, these ponies have offered the chance to clear our name. It was more leniency than my tribe was willing to offer the scavengers, to my regret. It would be wrong to ignore this mercy."

19. - Top - End - #499

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Chiseled gave a slight bow, "My thanks, Lady Sari. I must admit these are strange lands for one used to roaming the open expanses of the wastes. I must concede I have not before seen such a place where so many ponies would settle in one place, even the other bone-dwellers, largely stayed in small groups or were nomadic themselves. It seems to me that it speaks for your tenacity to cling to one place rather than move where living is easier."
    he turned back to the rest of the group. "Regardless of the Olive Tribes goals, be it justice or vengeance, these ponies have offered the chance to clear our name. It was more leniency than my tribe was willing to offer the scavengers, to my regret. It would be wrong to ignore this mercy."
    Sari's ears perked up when she heard the tribal speak, and she listened to what Chiseled had to say with rapt attention, quite happy to overlook the conversation the assassin and the doctor were having.

"Ah, you have traveled for most of your life? No wonder you are, ah, so well built."

Sari stopped talking quite suddenly, coughed lightly, and motioned over towards the door with a hoof.

"I do believe that we all think better with food in our bellies. A fresh shipment of food came in last night, and I simply must apologies for not having food sent down to you yesterday. We can talk about this issue latter today, as it is far too early for this sort of talk, but for now, I must ask if you are all hungry."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500

"Oh, thank you kindly for such hospitality. I am a bit hungry."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

If you insist, Supply said neutrally, before her belly gave a loud rumble causing her to blush.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #502

Sari, without comment, turned and began to trot at a steady pace towards the door.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503

Doc quietly followed. He began to feel a little optimistic that Sari really was a kind leader, though he wanted to hear what kind of jobs she had in mind for them.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #504

Without bothering to turn around, Sari decided to speak up around the time she stepped out of the room.

"What brought you all into this land anyhow? Southerners tend to ignore this place, from what I can tell."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Supply didn't immediately answer, she was too busy updating her mental map of where they were going.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #506

"I've recently begun traveling, mostly for the experience. A good doctor's skills can also find demand nearly anywhere. I joined up with these fellows through a caravan."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Supply didn't immediately answer, she was too busy updating her mental map of where they were going.
    Given that there was only one hallway, it was pretty clear that she was heading close to where the group entered, anyhow. The illusionary wall reappeared when the last member of the group exited the room, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "I've recently begun traveling, mostly for the experience. A good doctor's skills can also find demand nearly anywhere. I joined up with these fellows through a caravan."
    "That's quite fair." Sari offered, "If you wish for permanent employment, there is a care center near the center of the city that would probably enjoy some helping hooves."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm actually a local myself! I grew up in the satellite town of Bolton, to the north. I've been accompanying caravans to Tauronto all my life - a Pegasus is a useful mare for a caravan to have around! This time I just went a little further, and now I'm on my way back home. I've picked up some useful combat techniques as a caravan lookout, but my special talent is science and computers. I use my travels to track down as much tech from the ministry of arcane sciences that I can find!"

29. - Top - End - #509

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "I'm actually a local myself! I grew up in the satellite town of Bolton, to the north. I've been accompanying caravans to Tauronto all my life - a Pegasus is a useful mare for a caravan to have around! This time I just went a little further, and now I'm on my way back home. I've picked up some useful combat techniques as a caravan lookout, but my special talent is science and computers. I use my travels to track down as much tech from the ministry of arcane sciences that I can find!"
    Sari seemed slightly reluctant to answer the pegasus, but that might have been because she was making a right turn down the hall. In daylight, the building's carpet looked slightly faded and the walls looked a little off-color in places, but otherwise it was well kept, for a building in the wasteland. The sounds of hooves shuffling on carpeting and of far-off voices could be heard, both around and above the ponies.

"Well, that's quite alright. If you wish, you can claim Olive Leaf's things if you can be proven innocent of guilt. No one else here would wish to have them, and she had a dwelling in her family's compound, so they might overlook it." Sari replied.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2014-06-01 at 11:30 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Chiseled spoke "I came to learn about the ways of the bone-dwellers. Travelers and traders would often mention this Taur-on-toe, and how so many creatures lived together in the skeleton of one of the great cities. Many of my people shun the skeletons as cursed, but I felt I must venture there to see it for my self while on my journey."