New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Legend of the Guardians

Your vision is blurred and your head hurts, but as you regain consciousness you realize there are voices ringing in your ears. It takes a few moments for you to realize that that this voices are coming from the outside. You can also see a few people that appear similarly confused. A soft breeze that is coming from the only window in this dimly lit room gives you an impression that you are on a higher ground, probably a tower of some sort. There is no time for introductions, because the voices become louder, and three figures step into the room.

The first one to speak is a thin man dressed in light, yet flashy clothing.
    "Are these the once from last night? Don't really look competent to me."
    As you look into his eyes you see no malice, as if his intention is not to insult you, but rather to provoke you.

"Sometimes looks can deceive. At first glance, you don't look that incompetent. But we know better."
    The smile on the girl's face is something you have never seen before. This little insult goes beyond friendly joke, but before this can go any further they are interrupted by the third person.

"Children, behave. You can continue that later, we are here for a reason."
    The second man turns towards you, giving you a semi-smile.
    "The breakfast will be over soon. If I were you I would rush to the dining room. Trust me, you will need the strength to pass today's test."
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2014-03-04 at 02:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Legend of the Guardians

Glaive gets up, doing his best to show no physical discomfort, and immediately starts following his nose towards food. Bad guys always have their little rituals and games. Playing them usually costs nothing and makes it that much more surprising when he flips the board and puts a fist through their chest.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Marjie woke up sloppily, rubbing her eyes and shaking her head.
    "Auugh... Where am I?..."
    She then looked up and around, she stops, looking like she had some sort of realisation.
    "Wait wait where AM I really?! Competency? Breakfast?! What's going on here?"
    Looking around, she then realised that she wasn't alone.
    "Err... Hello?"
    She stands there, waiting for some kind of answer, most definitely unsure about all that was happening.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Corva shakes her head, trying to clear the cobwebs. "I don't remember having enough fun last night to explain feeling this bad now." She mutters, looking around as she drags herself up off the ground.

Corva looks over at Marjie as she starts firing off questions. "Well, I'm no expert on being kidnapped, but I think they're going to test us to see if we meet some completely arbitrary standard. If we pass maybe they'll offer us a job? Can't say for sure. I do know I'm wicked hungry though, where's this dining room?" She calls back to the three figures over her shoulder.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Maric raised his head, strying to shake off the dizzyness. - Too much shrooms yesterday - he muttered to himself. Hearing the "test and compentece" rat from the omnious figures he shrugged his shoulders - that was kinda sudden, but then again, what wasn't. At least his kidnappers was kind enough to offer some food - so the boy rushed towards the pleasant scent.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Elyn stand up and looked around; she really didn't know where she was. She was not the only one from the look of the others as confused as her.

She turn her head toward them; "I didn't feel any malice in those persons, I'll play along for now."

She then head toward the door.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Marjie blinked.
    "...Alright alright, if everyone's going to take it that way..."
    She then followed the group.
    Those people are weird.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Your new friends looked puzzled for a second, but they quickly realize what is happening.
    "You still aren't awake, right. You really need to get going. And please remember that heavy drinking and no sleep is not an appropriate preparation for an important test. And since you are new you probably don't want to wander around alone. Once you get down follow the path straight to the great dining room. We will meat you there after breakfast. I believe you have your equipment with you, but we can stop by the armory if you need something. If you have no more questions we really need to leave now."

As the trio leaves the room you notice some strange yellowy glow coming from the stairs.
    Show

LGBTAitP

9. - Top - End - #9

Glaive continues to head to the dining room, intent upon swiftly finishing his meal and seeing what exactly this was all about.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Marjie stares in disbelief for some seconds.
    "...They did not just call me a drunk. I don't drink. Well not like that. Except that one time where-"
    She coughs and looks at the others while keeping the pace towards the dining room.
    "Anyway. I'm fairly sure this is not Karnak around here. Do you guys have any idea where we are? And since I'm going to tag along for now, please call me Marjie. Who are you guys?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't know anything about Karnak, but I think it'd be safe to bet that we're pretty far from 'home.'" Corva replies to Marjie, her feet lifting a few inches off the ground as she moves down the hall with the group.

She bows her head slightly at Marjie's introduction. "Pleasure to meet you Marjie, I'm Corva. And if you ever want to relive that one night of drinking then give me a call once we're outta here, yeah?" She says, a wry grin spreading across her face.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Marjie smiles back, glad to see someone communicating normally.
    "Nice to meet you Corva! Thanks for the invitation, I'll think about it, but what do you mean call you? I guess I could send a pigeon but that would take a while... Not good for meetings, hm."
    She looks away a bit, pensive. She then looks back and raise her eyebrows.
    "...Did you just grow talle- Wait are you flying?! Are you a mage or something?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Corva glances down at her feet, then turns to Marjie with a sheepish grin. "Right. Not a thing everyone can do. I need to remember that better." She says, sinking to the ground and starting to walk again. "And no, I'm not a mage. I'm a hunter and an occasional partier, but my magic skills are pretty limited."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

After getting to the dining room, Maric grabbed a bowl of whatever smelled the nicest and dug in. He eated rushly as if not sure, when will be the next time. When the talking started, he glanced towards the talking people and threw in his own couple of words:
    - Oh, right, hi. The name's Maric. Maric Starcaller - munch-munch - at your service. So...anyone have an idea, what's up?
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Marjie turned her head towards Maric.
    "Hey nice to meet you Maric, got your priorities straight I see! So that makes 3 of us who don't get what's up. Mask guy hasn't said anything yet and just goes so maybe he knows? And then there's miss- wait I didn't realise but she got some weird clothes- so miss grey I was going to say, who doesn't seem to know either. No one knows and the people here think we're crazy!"
    Marjie kinda throws her arms in the air.
    "So yeah we're 5 strangers, or rather 3 acquaintances plus 2 strangers, stuck in some sort of towery place with people who think we're crazy and we're going to be tested. At least there's free food."
    She then also grab something to eat starting to fill herself.
    "So yeah!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

She looked at the stangers: "I'm Elyndrael. But everyone call me Elyn. Nice to meet you all. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue about what's going on in here."

17. - Top - End - #17

Glaive sighs. Apparently these people were in the same boat he was and could prove capable allies. "Names Glaive. Mercenary." Okay, so maybe he's a little out of practice when it comes to polite conversation.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

"Elyn and Glaive huh? Nice to meet you two, now we're a perfectly coordinated group of lost people. ...What I just said shouldn't make sense. This is terrible."
    Marjie then went back to eating while waiting.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Corva digs into the grub with a gusto that would suggest she should have a much larger build. Nodding when the others introduce themselves, she speaks up after Marjie goes back to eating.

"I have a pretty good idea what's going on. The weirdos back in the room where we woke up told us. We're to take part in some test with what one can only assume are completely arbitrary difficulty levels and rules. Should we fail we'll probably die or become enslaved or something equally wretched. If we succeed they'll either offer us a job or tell us about some great task they want us to undertake." She pauses, looking wistful for a moment. "It reminds me of home, though I can't imagine that whoever's in charge here is quite as capricious as my family."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

"There are a lot more people this year, I didn't really expect that. My name is Clay, I am one of the last year's cadets, and this is Liena. You are the new guys, right?"
    As you look at the guy that approached your table you notice a well built man with lots of muscle (but not too much, to make him look like a meathead). With one simple glance you can see that he is not a scholarly type, but rather a warrior. The short, blond girl that is with him looks completely opposite. It is obvious that she doesn't really know how to wield a weapon (and the short staff attached to her waist proves it) but there is strange aura surrounding her. It is clear that she is a magic user.
    Before the duo has the chance to sit down you notice a commotion near your table. In a swift, almost unseen move one of your "friends" from earlier knocks down a man almost twice his size and puts his foot on the man's throat.
    "As of this second you are removed form the program. You have one hour to gather your stuff and leave this place."
    As the man comes to his senses he tries to protest, but that's hard to do with a foot at your throat.
    "You can't do that!"
    "I can, and I just did. If you don't leave I will start by breaking your arm, and just let my imagination go wild."

"I don't agree with what he did, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same. I mean, that guy was a bully, and this is his home turf." Clay comments as he sits down at your table.
    Show

LGBTAitP

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

"Hey, nice to meet you Clay and Liena, I'm Marjie! You guys know your way around here then? What's the deal with this place th-"
    Marjie suddenly got interrupted by the commotion.
    "...What the heck? What is wrong with this place?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Corva continues to stuff her face as Marjie introduces herself, jumping slightly when the fight breaks out. Once the commotion settles down and Clay has taken his seat she leans over to Marjie. "I might have to revise my earlier statement on the capriciousness on our hosts." She says quietly.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, didn't notice the forums were back up until last night at work.