New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

No, no, uh. Let me clarify.

The numbers I'm listing are ATLEAST numbers, not their own exclusive nunbers. So out of the 9,750 Special Gene Girls, 4,875 of them have another Feature slapped onto them, and 2,438 of the 9,750 have two extra features ontop of their first feature.

Atleast, that's how I calculated it and interpreted it. But sure! Feel free to link it! I like math!
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

So, first off, never miss an hour, let alone a couple of days of this game. Catching up is a nightmare.

Second, here are the modifiers for the invasion for the UN, to the best of my knowledge.

+1 Mithril Tech
    +6 Bordeux Troops
    +8 (haven't confirmed) Crima Troops
    +4 (haven't confirmed) Ashenite Troops
    +8 (assuming Umajin leads battle this turn)

Modifier: +27
    Total: 28. (roll of one)

Normally, I wouldn't go through with an invasion so late, but since the action has been up since mid-week, I will still go through.

Morph, would I be correct in saying Umajin leads this turn, since he has the highest Military of us three and Blade hasn't actually left yet?
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    So, first off, never miss an hour, let alone a couple of days of this game. Catching up is a nightmare.

Second, here are the modifiers for the invasion for the UN, to the best of my knowledge.

+1 Mithril Tech
    +6 Bordeux Troops
    +8 (haven't confirmed) Crima Troops
    +4 (haven't confirmed) Ashenite Troops
    +8 (assuming Umajin leads battle this turn)

Modifier: +27
    Total: 28. (roll of one)

Normally, I wouldn't go through with an invasion so late, but since the action has been up since mid-week, I will still go through.

Morph, would I be correct in saying Umajin leads this turn, since he has the highest Military of us three and Blade hasn't actually left yet?
    Blade did post here and I updated my list of goings on has been updated here except without techs cause I don't know how they work exactly.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    The religion stuff is completely fine. At this point I think I might as well remove the fluff requirement I put in the OP limiting religions to a small group of stuff or Lord of Fire. Cool stuff you wrote up there.

On population, I haven't yet really previously decided on something particular for polar regions. I figure 10 plus 1d10 times a thousand would fit?

Also, you only need to put down one of those imports as a mechanical necessity for the game. The others you can put down purely for the fluff and work on in trade agreements to get.
    Thanks, that looks good. I put in the population and adjusted the requirements.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

I'm so excited for this next round start post! Ish is getting so real!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #426

Hmm...
    Actually I would like to turn over Eyrecradia's RPing to either NPC nation (Morph) or anyone who wants to play it.
    I've gotten tired of the nation that I poorly thought out.
    I will likely actually make a new one that will be actually more than just "underground elves that I never really put brainpower into".
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Blade, it will be sad to see you go, as I enjoyed reading the fluff of your nation. I am very curious as to how this will all turn out, and would rather see you here to watch it unfold (and direct its course) with us.

And my latest IC post is to reflect the soldiers on the ground. The Royal family of Celero have committed soldiers and officers to the defense of the homeland, but will not be present at the battle themselves. (Except the King's eldest & illegitimate son, Kinil.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

I did more fluff. Yay me [/highpitchedvoice]. I think Godel may end up in Venture. Who knows.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hmm...
    Actually I would like to turn over Eyrecradia's RPing to either NPC nation (Morph) or anyone who wants to play it.
    I will likely actually make a new one that will be actually more than just "underground elves that I never really put brainpower into".
    Fresh starts are always good. Lemme read up on your nation a bit, but I could take it if you'd like. I could probably make lots of fluff connecting it to me.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't mean to spoil your fluff Arutha, but Sympolemou doesn't use banner bearers, atleast not for real warfare. They like using guerrilla warfare and quick lightning skirmishes. Which are not aided at all by lugging around a giant dumb flag. Also, they're Spartan in how they approach appearance, the Duke's own throne room is just a plain drab slab of Iron, and thus a sergeant is not someone who gets shinier armor or better armor.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Don't mean to spoil your fluff Arutha, but Sympolemou doesn't use banner bearers, atleast not for real warfare. They like using guerrilla warfare and quick lightning skirmishes. Which are not aided at all by lugging around a giant dumb flag. Also, they're Spartan in how they approach appearance, the Duke's own throne room is just a plain drab slab of Iron, and thus a sergeant is not someone who gets shinier armor or better armor.
    Ah, no banner bearer, good to know. The Banner did have a reason to exist in ye olden days, which many people tend to forget.

As for the Sargent, I'm thinking that he's just more focused on keeping his armor clean and well repaired, no so much better that it's mail and the newer rats have leather. I will amend my fluff.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
    Ah, no banner bearer, good to know. The Banner did have a reason to exist in ye olden days, which many people tend to forget.

As for the Sargent, I'm thinking that he's just more focused on keeping his armor clean and well repaired, no so much better that it's mail and the newer rats have leather. I will amend my fluff.
    It was necessary for a very different set of combat strategies, though. The Sympol seem to be "KEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKE" sort of folks, not "knights and chivalry."
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    It was necessary for a very different set of combat strategies, though. The Sympol seem to be "KEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKE" sort of folks, not "knights and chivalry."
    If I remember correctly the banners were for identifying your own guys. The sympol don't have much of a problem in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    If I remember correctly the banners were for identifying your own guys. The sympol don't have much of a problem in that regard.
    "Sympol Diagram for War"

"Sympol?"

"Yes: Don't kill."
    "No: Stab really fast."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    "Sympol Diagram for War"

"Sympol?"

"Yes: Don't kill."
    "No: Stab really fast."
    Curiosity 10 Action: Masks that look like Rats (+20 against Sympol forces)

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Ha! With the same bonus to "frame" the Sympol when attacking Sympol aligned nations.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    And my latest IC post is to reflect the soldiers on the ground. The Royal family of Celero have committed soldiers and officers to the defense of the homeland, but will not be present at the battle themselves. (Except the King's eldest & illegitimate son, Kinil.)
    I should probably do much the same so no one gets it in their mind that the Princess Regent of Ashenia is actually present.

And I need to start arranging marriages for people again...

Edit: Stuff it. I can't be bothered writing up fluff for my actions this turn.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-09 at 12:29 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

I should probably do much the same so no one gets it in their mind that the Princess Regent of Ashenia is actually present.

And I need to start arranging marriages for people again...
    As do I, including a crown princess, a prince and princess royal, and their cousins. (I never did determine how many children Rion and Leona had. Oh well, random thing to do tomorrow.)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is that an actual thing? If so, the Sympol are as good as doomed.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    Always time to join a certain religion!
    I will never give up! I will never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Thanks, that looks good. I put in the population and adjusted the requirements.
    I like your people. They're more snow-tribey than my Overworld snow tribes. Even better, all I have to do now is rethink a couple of things as to how to introduce more about the old allies of Tekorva who used to trade rice to them.

Excellent. I'm liking my writing better as time goes on, so rewriting earlier things or shuffling notes is always cool.

Just a note, my people are going to use your region name for sure, but with the subtitle 'the Frozen Waste'. I look forward to you ingame!!

Just a note, if you want some allies but don't want to spend seven zaillion actions on them next round, there are a couple of events going on.

Guilder is hosting the Last Visitation 「is this correct?」. I have heard rumours of this being the last day the Doge has on this earth. 「Sorry SamBurke, I don't actually know a lot about your event... I've been busy and may have missed it...」

Sanctuary is hosting Cantus Sai. An Ancient arts festival lasting a week every twenty years. Recently in history, the Aristocrats have banded together during the middle of the week to appreciate the finest of arts together. With the recent events linking Yorukuni more strongly to the Overworld, all of the most powerful beings 「that would include your ruler」 are invited to celebrate Cantus Sai with the Aristocracy in Tekorva!

I'm so excited for this next round start post! Ish is getting so real!
    And... Sanctuary has weaseled their way out of it for now.

Yorukuninin... Psh, /SO/ typical!

Hmm...
    If you have a marriage alliance, you can leave the NPC nation and allow marriage claims. Then you can see the fluff you started grow as the claimants to the throne struggle to keep the sore losers at bay.

Or, you could even write a catastrophe and region 5B becomes empty again for new players.

I'm fairly sure the OP lists some things you can do when you have to leave. Or, you could do what I'm doing. I wrote a region I didn't really want with the intention to make them really cool over time. The only problem with this being my region started getting pushed around, so I had to introduce the Yorukuninin 「the main guys」 really very early...

Stuff it. I can't be bothered writing up fluff for my actions this turn.
    I know how you feel... If it isn't already the end of the round, it's too close to it for me to finish writing Kynvessa's Righteous Fury.

Oh well... Heh. I hope nobody feels they have to read my stuff. I feel... I almost feel pity for those who do!

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    Is that an actual thing? If so, the Sympol are as good as doomed.
    'Twas a joke. Even then, would one truly be able to act Sympol enough to be able to prevent the stabbing from happening anyway?
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Umajin, as per Blade's post, is leading the troops. He'll die in the battle, leaving the lands of Crima in the hands of the Bordeux family, as far as I've discussed with him. This means that next round you'll need a different ruler to lead the troops, if you'll still be fighting then.

Hmm...
    That's possible, no problem. You could contact Silverbit about it, since Razdis' fluff and people are already connected to Eyrecradia. Otherwise, I can well take it over and you can restart elsewhere. Any ideas or preferences yet? Thinking of trying out the two players two tribes idea? I can have some rules for that finished pretty quickly, as I already have a basic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Just a note, if you want some allies but don't want to spend seven zaillion actions on them next round, there are a couple of events going on.

[...]

I know how you feel... If it isn't already the end of the round, it's too close to it for me to finish writing Kynvessa's Righteous Fury.

Oh well... Heh. I hope nobody feels they have to read my stuff. I feel... I almost feel pity for those who do!
    Events are great for diplomatic stuff like alliances, trade, marriages, and other agreements.

As to Kynvessa's righteous fury, you've got another hour to make a post for that.

Or you could leave it for next round, especially if there'll still be fighting going on (or you just put it in the first year of next round so that that's no issue).

Also, I've put some thought into it, and I think I will triple all populations. I will adjust military limits accordingly, to 10% of the population. That will leave military limits the same as they currently are, but the population amounts and amount of them in the military are more realistic. The world will still be less densely populated than Mongolia, so some cataclysmic event in the past is still a likely explanation (or populations of monstrous creatures in the wilds), but this should alleviate some of that.

I will also figure out something for population determination for polar and subterranean regions, as those are likely to be less populated than aboveground regions. Population increases every 5 rounds will also be adjusted accordingly.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-09 at 05:01 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #442

Thumbs up Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Hmm...
    Firstly, I'm very curious as to what you come up with next. Secondly, I would be interested in at least helping to RP Eyrecradia, if not IC controlling it. HisHolyAngel, maybe we should share it? It'd give Morph another chance to test the two-tribes rules. And I do rather like how you do fluff .

As for Sympol battle tactics, I'm sure they have some allies that aren't Sympol. Tychris, my position has changed on the matter we were discussing, more towards your point of view .
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

23. - Top - End - #443

And here I was planning on invading Eyrecradia in the light of recent events. Awell, if I can get the rest of 4b, I'll be happy.
    I mean, Eyrecradia has to pay something for breaking the treaty which was only 2 years old, durpadurp.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, RD, Katara is going to set fire to all of the remaining Bloodfire, as close to at once as she can (not personally, mind, but still), in the hopes that all the underground reservoirs and such going off will trigger off earthquakes (we are on a fault line, after all, to judge by the mountains) and otherwise mess up the Heartwaste.

At that point, Kynvessa becomes official queen, as the next stage is to have Lilium ritually kill the entire court, feeding on all of the deaths, to become a full-fledged goddess (I know, recognizing her as one was an action last round, but this actually gives her power commensurate with that status, not a title), and take the empty castle as her seat of power.

Anyone have an issues with my leaving the game that way...?

Edit: Well, crap. >.> Seems I was late. Ah well. That plan's shot, so do whatever works for you.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-03-09 at 07:26 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445

Hey all!~

I'll be taking on region 50 here in the near future and would love to meet my neighbors!~

Also, do we must our realm info to a gm or post it, if post, where?~
    I have seen the top of the mountain and you will worship me as though I were a GOD!

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by tortor View Post
    Hey all!~

I'll be taking on region 50 here in the near future and would love to meet my neighbors!~

First inform if region 50 is free, then post your countries information in this thread. Morph will then go over it if he has time to see if everything is acounted for. Offcourse some players will also look at it to see if you missed everything. You can find the format in the country section in the openingspost. Or you could take a random country as a template.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-03-09 at 08:00 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Firstly, I'm very curious as to what you come up with next. Secondly, I would be interested in at least helping to RP Eyrecradia, if not IC controlling it. HisHolyAngel, maybe we should share it? It'd give Morph another chance to test the two-tribes rules. And I do rather like how you do fluff .
    That does sound delightful. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by tortor View Post
    Hey all!~

Well one of your neighbors is me. As I already live in region 50. >.< Sorry! You're gonna have to pick a different place.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Alternatively, there is the possibility of an underground region if your heart is set on that part of the world.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #449

OmO OOP!

Gm lady said grab 50... I will have to grab a different one.
    I have seen the top of the mountain and you will worship me as though I were a GOD!

30. - Top - End - #450

*re-reads*

OH Next to 50~