New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

There's a link in the OP Arkh.

Or right here.

EDIT: Also, can I fold Crima into my OP? So I can edit population and such.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-09 at 05:55 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

So if I'm running a conference/convention/thing next round, do I spend a diplomacy point now or then?

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Morph, I did not see any mention of the colonization of 26, either by me or lt_murgen. Is that an oversight, or something else?

EDIT: Oh, and Crima has public school system, and that same system is in stage four in Bordeux, although it may not be finished anytime soon.
    Oversight. Edited in.

And I'm actually looking more for specific single schools that are projects.

Silverbit, for trade with Guilder for this newly acquired region you will have to spend an action as normal. Also, you have potential claim on some countries, as per the opening post of this round.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #484

Check out the Felitorian Crest:
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Your words don't fit.

6. - Top - End - #486

Nice crest !

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Silverbit, for trade with Guilder for this newly acquired region you will have to spend an action as normal. Also, you have potential claim on some countries, as per the opening post of this round.
    Right, I'll do that. And I'll spend an action on those as well. I might be a bit slower posting my actions this round; not only do I have some big decisions to make, I've got several essays in the dreaded Real World.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

7. - Top - End - #487

Arkh does your nation have a region yet? If it does I missed it.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

8. - Top - End - #488

Not yet, still brainstorming what it'll be.
    All I know so far is the religion and that it'll have cat people or possibly dragonborn.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I think that's everything.

Arkhosia's new country could be in 51. The Kingdom of Quira might've taken it over previously, but that it now breaks away. It being next to 50, a country of similar catfolk, would be fitting.

Alternatively, there's 46, 33 or 60. 33 is very near the Salterri Imperium. 60 less so.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-09 at 06:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490

Alright, I think that's everything.

Arkhosia's new country could be in 51. The Kingdom of Quira might've taken it over previously, but that it now breaks away. It being next to 50, a country of similar catfolk, would be fitting.

Alternatively, there's 46, 33 or 60. 33 is very near the Salterri Imperium. 60 less so.
    Sounds good!
    Actually, how about it's people are beastfolk, the majority being catfolk and dragonfolk?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds good!
    Actually, how about it's people are beastfolk, the majority being catfolk and dragonfolk?
    I see us being friends.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds good!
    Sure!

Actually, thinking about it, ShadowFireLance could take region 52. That'd put him near the location he originally wanted to be at, plus it gives reason to interact with you, as you'd both have broken away from the Kingdom of Quira in recent years.

What happened to Quira is up to you two, if you go for that.

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    I see us being friends.
    YAY!
    And my Username demanded dragon people, so...
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Occurrences outside of the battle, which is why I put it that some Celerese troops were in bad fighting condition.
    Here are my updates http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=510

on finishing my colonization do I need to make a roll an does region 30 get three resources?

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

15. - Top - End - #495

So, the kid born in Tuor. Not breathing and living is a pretty serious thing. Is there any point to investigating with an action, or is it just filler?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Question, can my Ruler be an actual Dragon?
    Like, Adult Red (D&D Wise)?
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2014-03-09 at 06:37 PM.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Would now be an appropriate time to finish up the G'th Dominion?

Realm 54...that looks good.
    I'm finishing the colonization of that this round.

Oversight. Edited in.

And I'm actually looking more for specific single schools that are projects.

We discussed and agreed to it at the Grand Fair, so I believe that negates the need for an action...? Also, should I note Copper/tin/mithral on my sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    So, the kid born in Tuor. Not breathing and living is a pretty serious thing. Is there any point to investigating with an action, or is it just filler?
    If it's a fluff bit from Morph, you investigate the heck out of it, period.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

18. - Top - End - #498

If it's a fluff bit from Morph, you investigate the heck out of it, period.
    Point. I'll make the action, don't bother answering Morph. I'll find out after the investigation.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Entirely up to you~

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    Here are my updates http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=510

on finishing my colonization do I need to make a roll an does region 30 get three resources?
    You are not being opposed since last round, so ypu need not make a roll. Unless someone comes in with an army for some reason.

As to the resources, I will have to check. I am sure I put down somewhere how many they had.

Question, can my Ruler be an actual Dragon?
    Like, Adult Red (D&D Wise)?
    Uhh, no. I haven't really put dragons in yet as while there are supernatural creatures, dragons are like the pinnacle of that, so I wanted to do some buildup for them, make something awesome, and have it feel rewarding to players who worked towards that. I will drop in some events to that effect later, and you can play into them to see or get nifty stuff.

Your ruler can be descended from dragons though. I am fine with your lore saying dragons used to be around like 300 years ago, but disappeared. There are several myths and rumours that the year 1 started with an apocalyptic event. Could be one that made the dragons go away?

Dragons, among others, will get something big when they come in. You can look forward to that.

EDIT: this is largely to justify the races and rulers being generally on par with each other, mechanically.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-09 at 07:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

Uhh, no. I haven't really put dragons in yet as while there are supernatural creatures, dragons are like the pinnacle of that, so I wanted to do some buildup for them, make something awesome, and have it feel rewarding to players who worked towards that. I will drop in some events to that effect later, and you can play into them to see or get nifty stuff.

Your ruler can be descended from dragons though. I am fine with your lore saying dragons used to be around like 300 years ago, but disappeared. There are several myths and rumours that the year 1 started with an apocalyptic event. Could be one that made the dragons go away?

Dragons, among others, will get something big when they come in. You can look forward to that.
    Aaaaand it's time to find dragon-blood folks and marry 'em. Just in case.

Point. I'll make the action, don't bother answering Morph. I'll find out after the investigation.
    I mean, I've only gotten one event (I have Luck 1... ), but I made decent use of things, and plan to do more once this war's over.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-09 at 06:59 PM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

We discussed and agreed to it at the Grand Fair, so I believe that negates the need for an action...? Also, should I note Copper/tin/mithral on my sheet?
    You can only make trade agreements for stuff you already have, not stuff you will have later. Silverbit did not hvae region 14b until now.

You can arrange it at the final visitatipn, perhaps.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Entirely up to you~

You are not being opposed since last round, so ypu need not make a roll. Unless someone comes in with an army for some reason.

As to the resources, I will have to check. I am sure I put down somewhere how many they had.

Dragons are coming? Oh boy...

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Descended from Dragons, gotcha.

In a farther examination of that, how long descended are we talking? Can I have wings?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

You can only make trade agreements for stuff you already have, not stuff you will have later. Silverbit did not hvae region 14b until now.

You can arrange it at the final visitatipn, perhaps.
    Myself and Scla'Ca/Alydaxis have a trade agreement that's pending one of us getting ocean faring ships. It's for resources we have but I'm wondering if that'll have to be re-upped when we actually get the tech? (Also, do we need ocean tech for trade purposes only? Probably should have asked then but I was thinking no, now I'm not sure)

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505

Descended from dragons? Dragons return?
    You know what you just invited into this game, right?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJw2R-dtxQ
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Descended from Dragons, gotcha.

In a farther examination of that, how long descended are we talking? Can I have wings?
    I'd keep it on the safe side and stick to one or two features max. We have a country of faeries who at max generate 3 outlandish features, so something as uber terrifying as Dragon features should be on a 1-2 basis if you're lucky. Dragon wings and slit eyes would be my go to mutations.

Also, this is going to be SO GOOD. I hit a bit of an inspirational jackpot this weekend and have been drumming up a storm since then.

All I can say is that it's badass, and I'm sure you folks will like it. (hopefully)
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking, If Morph lets me, The trait of the G'th Empire rulers are the Crown of Horns. Monsterous Horns, that grow in the shape of a crown.
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2014-03-09 at 07:23 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Some of my quotes were eaten by the evil multiquote forum monster...

As for Morph Bark conversation, why can't he wear dresses and corsets and still be manly man? Man? I suppose my gender expectations are very warped after hanging out with so many friends who wear manskirts, but like... The only reason some of my friends don't wear dresses is because nobody tailors them for the man-shape. Some of the really cool coats I've seen could very easily become man dress styles...

\I should make a nation of people wearing manly dresses...! I already have beardy women...\

The whole conversation being a thing confuses me. Except the funny part where Way bursts out laughing and claims Morph can't pull off wearing a dress.

Btw, Tychris, just read the second part of your post. Really touching.
    Mmm. I even scrawled a picture related to it.

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    So if I'm running a conference/convention/thing next round, do I spend a diplomacy point now or then?
    Some people have only spent it then. I've spent one on an invite and will spend one this round.

...unless nobody wants to come. Did anyone want to go? I still do not know...

Maybe use an '&' so it fits?

51 puts you very close to where I was going to expand.

My only issue being now I'm closed in... Far out!

Sounds good!
    I like that.

Thinking, If Morph lets me, The trait of the G'th Empire rulers are the Crown of Horns. Monsterous Horns, that grow in the shape of a crown.
    I truly wish this to be a thing, but can't think of a good reason why not so it would perhaps become a thing.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

Aaaaand it's time to find dragon-blood folks and marry 'em. Just in case.

I mean, I've only gotten one event (I have Luck 1... ), but I made decent use of things, and plan to do more once this war's over.
    I actually want our nations to be besties. Like BFFs. Like. Forever.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post

Some people have only spent it then. I've spent one on an invite and will spend one this round.

...unless nobody wants to come. Did anyone want to go? I still do not know...
    I plan to come. (Probably an 80% likelihood right now? I'm really trying to do it but I don't yet know results and decisions for different things that might change things)

Spoiler
    Show