New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    It's impossible not to get attached. We try, but we can't.
    Ain't that the truth. I'll try to go for even more on H-Dog. I'm hopeful for him... he'll have a lot of good things.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    Rain... I don't like your people very much...
    Pfahaha. You've... You've barely arrived and you brought a half-breed commoner with you. O.o

Oh well...

EDIT - Well, I can certainly see how the above may... not come across as intended.

What in particular is bothering you?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-10 at 01:49 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Ain't that the truth. I'll try to go for even more on H-Dog. I'm hopeful for him... he'll have a lot of good things.
    On the other hand, Princess Regent Idrisa is a horrible person, liable to arrange the murder of her brother if she can get away with it.

That said, the battle in Celero was a stalemate, just as I suspected. Two armies practically equal in size met and only three thousand troops were lost. This both does and does not bode well.

Now, to triple my populations as per the recent increases handed to us so kindly.

Edit: For future reference so I don't forget, Idrisa gains two military points.

Edit2: In regards to the War in Celero, I might just hold a peace conference to make sorting out the peace overtures more convenient. Or not. I can't decide.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-10 at 01:33 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    ...unless nobody wants to come. Did anyone want to go? I still do not know...
    The Na'nuk chieftain will be attending, as it will be a great opportunity to meet his southern neighbours. I'm just not certain if I can get around to writing the fluff today, which is somewhat important to me... first impressions and such

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    The Na'nuk chieftain will be attending, as it will be a great opportunity to meet his southern neighbours. I'm just not certain if I can get around to writing the fluff today, which is somewhat important to me... first impressions and such
    Of course.

Also, the Tekorvanin might respond a little bit awkwardly since you're coming out of the Frozen Wastes.

Let me know if anything makes you uncomfortable or what sort of things you are expecting of this event.

Did you see the invitation? It was one of my previous round's actions.

EDIT - Does anyone think a list of invalid secret actions should be made? So far we have military actions which cannot be secret. I've noted a couple of others. What do you think?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-10 at 04:39 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Of course.

Also, the Tekorvanin might respond a little bit awkwardly since you're coming out of the Frozen Wastes.

Let me know if anything makes you uncomfortable or what sort of things you are expecting of this event.

Did you see the invitation? It was one of my previous round's actions.

EDIT - Does anyone think a list of invalid secret actions should be made? So far we have military actions which cannot be secret. I've noted a couple of others. What do you think?
    Sounds like a good idea, put an expetions/can't be secret list under the secret action rules.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    And I'm actually looking more for specific single schools that are projects.
    Moprph, The Jeweled Cities has the Academy of Sailing and Navigation. It was a gret project (4 rounds).

It included an observatory (of the large-stone-with-carved-runes variety), dormatories, lecture halls, library, a drydock, and such. Currently, it is also home to teh group studying the magical model the Blazing Avatar gave them.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    So, first off, never miss an hour, let alone a couple of days of this game. Catching up is a nightmare.
    You're telling me! Each week, I leave friday, and have to come back monday...to usually 5 or 6 pages AND status updates.

That reminds me, have I already mentioned that underground regions would get some slightly different new population determination?

Indeed. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I'll have you know I ace dresses. They're pretty comfy when you're not wearing a corset.
    I've worn a few dresses in my time. Won a talent show at college for Homecoming with it. I rocked heels pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    There's a link in the OP Arkh.

Or right here.

EDIT: Also, can I fold Crima into my OP? So I can edit population and such.
    Yes please, Just put it in like Solus, and I'll account for it. I don't think that country comes into effect until the end of this round, right? Or was that last round?

I'm finishing the colonization of that this round.

We discussed and agreed to it at the Grand Fair, so I believe that negates the need for an action...? Also, should I note Copper/tin/mithral on my sheet?

If it's a fluff bit from Morph, you investigate the heck out of it, period.
    If you look at the first part of the Trade update, where I confirm actions that players have made, that should take care of that. You can't take care of future actions before they come to pass, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    Just go to tektek.org then click on Gaia Dream Avatar.

It's a fan-made with access to every avatar item on Gaia, allowing people who play Gaia to figure out their dream avatar.
    Ah Gaia. I was "Willow Amaril" on there. It's where I first started roleplaying and PbPing.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Well folks, the Second Raaneki Games have come to a close! Raaneka won most of the events (I swear I wasn't cheating! ), but special distinction goes to Trumbo Bashskull of Grmanhil, who was undefeated in the Duel Tournament.

The Third Raaneki Games will begin in Bandar of Many Colors in the summer of Year 377 (Round Ten).
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

The list of Great Projects is updated! Also it exists somewhere you can view it now, which is new.

If you you see any errors or believe a project of yours was overlooked please say so.

All Universities that I found while looking for projects. The universities in Ashenia, Guilder, Genivana, and Keldagrim were not Great Projects.
    • University of Severikand - Ashenia
    • Trade Institute for Brilliant Minds - Guilder
    • College at Asnaoga - Genivana
    • Naval Academy of the Jewelled Cities
    • Unnamed University - Keldagrim
    • Academy of Arts - Calorum, Unfinished
    • Academy of Research in Culture and Prowess - Kasumor, Unfinished
    • Training University of Lyradis - Unfinished
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    All Universities that I found while looking for projects. The universities in Ashenia, Guilder, Genivana, and Keldagrim were not Great Projects.
    I stand by my previous statement that it didn't need to be. The King of Ashenia merely gathered the greatest minds in the Kingdom, had them all move to the same place and gave them a recently refurbished building to give lessons in. Doesn't take particularly long to do that when you think about it.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

I stand by my previous statement that it didn't need to be. The King of Ashenia merely gathered the greatest minds in the Kingdom, had them all move to the same place and gave them a recently refurbished building to give lessons in. Doesn't take particularly long to do that when you think about it.
    I don't disagree with you. Genivana is on that list and that's me I was just pointing it out for the sake of distinction.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Well folks, the Second Raaneki Games have come to a close! Raaneka won most of the events (I swear I wasn't cheating! ), but special distinction goes to Trumbo Bashskull of Grmanhil, who was undefeated in the Duel Tournament.

The Third Raaneki Games will begin in Bandar of Many Colors in the summer of Year 377 (Round Ten).
    Orgnar wants to know what bash skull won

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Moprph, The Jeweled Cities has the Academy of Sailing and Navigation. It was a gret project (4 rounds).
    It included an observatory (of the large-stone-with-carved-runes variety), dormatories, lecture halls, library, a drydock, and such. Currently, it is also home to teh group studying the magical model the Blazing Avatar gave them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    The list of Great Projects is updated! Also it exists somewhere you can view it now, which is new.

If you you see any errors or believe a project of yours was overlooked please say so.

• University of Severikand - Ashenia
    • Trade Institute for Brilliant Minds - Guilder
    • College at Asnaoga - Genivana
    • Naval Academy of the Jewelled Cities
    • Unnamed University - Keldagrim
    • Academy of Arts - Calorum, Unfinished
    • Academy of Research in Culture and Prowess - Kasumor, Unfinished
    • Training University of Lyradis - Unfinished
    Thank you. That certainly helps.

Reason I asked is because there are a few things I have in mind that I would like to do with these, plus they're great fluff for their countries and the people within them.

Heck, I could do a venture within one of them.

Not necessarily, no. What takes longer is making stuff for the school and setting up appropriate facilities. Great Project probably not, unless you want to go big, but minor project perhaps. It depends a lot on what is being taught and what that requires.

Zabbarot previously requested a standardization of project rules. Like either something is a Project [2 rounds] or Great Project [5 rounds]. There's been several ways in which time can be shortened on them, anyway. Schools could be listed under Project possibilities, though players are free to make them Great Projects if they want to go big and glorious.

Might perhaps be a good extra benefit to Empires that you can spend two actions per round on one big thing. Great Kingdoms are desireable for them being relatively easy to acquire and giving an extra action (which also provides possibility of three attribute increases per round). Empires are much harder. Giving an extra action is an appropriate extension of Great Kingdom mechanics, but giving them something extra wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-10 at 09:48 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you. That certainly helps.

Reason I asked is because there are a few things I have in mind that I would like to do with these, plus they're great fluff for their countries and the people within them.

Heck, I could do a venture within one of them.
    I request the next venture be PbP, to make sure people can show up more reliably. That said, I'm working on an excuse for today's, but it's still a slim chance.

Not necessarily, no. What takes longer is making stuff for the school and setting up appropriate facilities. Great Project probably not, unless you want to go big, but minor project perhaps. It depends a lot on what is being taught and what that requires.

Zabbarot previously requested a standardization of project rules. Like either something is a Project [2 rounds] or Great Project [5 rounds]. There's been several ways in which time can be shortened on them, anyway. Schools could be listed under Project possibilities, though players are free to make them Great Projects if they want to go big and glorious.

Might perhaps be a good extra benefit to Empires that you can spend two actions per round on one big thing. Great Kingdoms are desireable for them being relatively easy to acquire and giving an extra action (which also provides possibility of three attribute increases per round). Empires are much harder. Giving an extra action is an appropriate extension of Great Kingdom mechanics, but giving them something extra wouldn't be a bad idea.
    I don't remember if mine was a project... I think I just set it up. Good to see there'll be more use out of both GKs and Colleges!

Question: If I choose a resource, of, say, Thestrals, would Griffon tech apply to them as well?
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    Orgnar wants to know what bash skull won
    As per the OP for the Games:
    In addition to whatever awards are given by their nations, victorious contestants will receive a crown made of berry vines, one years' store of Raaneki wine, and a life-size statue of their likeness in the Victors’ Plaza.
    So there's now a statue of Trumbo decorating the plaza outside Raaneka Stadium! Congrats!
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Question: If I choose a resource, of, say, Thestrals, would Griffon tech apply to them as well?
    The real question here might be if an army with Thestrals and Griffons is better or equal to an army with just one or the other.

Edit: Maybe the tech should just be "Flying Mount"
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-03-10 at 10:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Except in the case of Severikand, there was no model to follow, it was quite literally the only institution of its kind in the known world when it was founded. Appropriate facilities was a roof over their heads and some shelves to put their books on. When I established it I fully intended to use it as a springboard for projects and other actions.
    There was just the little issue of a war requiring government attention...

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Lord_Burch: I am planning to trade with you this round. Sorry for the delayed response! I remember seeing you ask this a couple pages back, but I can't find the post. Are you attending any events this round? I'd like to group a few actions together, but if not I can just devote an action to the trade.

EDIT: P-to-the-S, e'erbody: Raaneki wine is now a [Great] resource (known forevermore as "Heartwine"), which means I've got 3 more stacks to trade! Who wants the privilege and honor of drinking the world's finest wine at all of your important gatherings?
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-10 at 10:43 AM.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Except in the case of Severikand, there was no model to follow, it was quite literally the only institution of its kind in the known world when it was founded. Appropriate facilities was a roof over their heads and some shelves to put their books on. When I established it I fully intended to use it as a springboard for projects and other actions.
    There was just the little issue of a war requiring government attention...
    True. The Observatory is there, right?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

True. The Observatory is there, right?
    Still under construction unfortunately. But I should have it finished very quickly when peace is restored.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    @ Lord_Burch: I am planning to trade with you this round. Sorry for the delayed response! I remember seeing you ask this a couple pages back, but I can't find the post. Are you attending any events this round? I'd like to group a few actions together, but if not I can just devote an action to the trade.

EDIT: P-to-the-S, e'erbody: Raaneki wine is now a [Great] resource (known forevermore as "Heartwine"), which means I've got 3 more stacks to trade! Who wants the privilege and honor of drinking the world's finest wine at all of your important gatherings?
    I might be interested in some wine. I'll be at the last visitation.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

As an update on the wars. I do believe peace is being moved towards between the GC and UN. (We really ought to have animals to represent our nations like they did in the Cold War and really every war) It's still in the preliminary stages but hopefully we can all work to make this a more peaceful world.

@Zap I may be interested in some Wine. Does Timber, fish, spices (non-drug kind) or silk interest you?

Also, PMs tell you when the person's inbox is full right?

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    As an update on the wars. I do believe peace is being moved towards between the GC and UN. (We really ought to have animals to represent our nations like they did in the Cold War and really every war) It's still in the preliminary stages but hopefully we can all work to make this a more peaceful world.
    Speak for yourself
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Well... Ashenia and Crima are adequately represented by horses, and Celero by griffins.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 7 Stats!

Wenyavuk - +2 Curiosity.

Gunung - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

Celero - +2 Military, New Ruler - Crown Regent Yasira of House Noth!

Kasumor - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

The Heartwaste - Turned into an NPC!

Eyrecradia - Turned into an NPC!

Ignato Empire - +2 Military

Calorum - +2 Military

Genivana - +1 Faith, New Ruler - Tenaji II!

Hrathan-Tuor - +1 Military.

Raaneka - +1 Curiosity, New Rulers - Lady Lomadi and Lord Ujval Devdano!

Qarimos - Inactive for 2 Rounds!

Lyradis- +2 Curiosity, Gained region 32!

Razdis - +1 Curiosity, Gained resoruce - [Good] Mithril, Gained region 14B! New Ruler - Mormaer Razkai II!

Guilder - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity.

Keldagrim - +2 Military.

Pryonia - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity.

Empire of Santuary - +1 Diplomacy, New Ruler - High Prince Yuuhi!

Sympolemou - Military stat is at Max! No increase!

Domhan Abhaile - Turned into an NPC!

Bordeux - +2 Military, Gained Region 26!

Sulvan's Fury - Turned into an NPC!

Kingdom of Ashenia - +2 Military!

Crima - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military.

Tar - Inactive for 3 Rounds! Morph - Contact time!

The Jeweled Cities - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military.

Scla' Ca - +1 Curiosity.

Alydaxis - +1 Military, +1 Curiosity

Grmanhil - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Military.

United Lacertian Dominion - +1 Military, +1 Faith

Sycia - +1 Diplomacy, +1 Faith

All except Qarimos and Tar get +1 to Active Rounds. 4 Nations turned into NPC's!

Previous Round Increases:
    Round 1
    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 4
    Round 5
    Round 6
    Round 7
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-10 at 11:47 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Myself and Scla'Ca/Alydaxis have a trade agreement that's pending one of us getting ocean faring ships. It's for resources we have but I'm wondering if that'll have to be re-upped when we actually get the tech? (Also, do we need ocean tech for trade purposes only? Probably should have asked then but I was thinking no, now I'm not sure)
    Well, you can always negotiate with me for access to the technology. I don't ask for much

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick note, currently Sympolemou has a max Military of 14 Units, with a Population of 43. Following the new rules of 3x population, they would get a population of 129, making their new max military 13. Should I just bump their population to 140 to make it the same stats wise, or am I losing a unit?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone else switch rulers last round that I missed? Oh wait...didn't Silverbit? Goes to check....

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #570
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Quick note, currently Sympolemou has a max Military of 14 Units, with a Population of 43. Following the new rules of 3x population, they would get a population of 129, making their new max military 13. Should I just bump their population to 140 to make it the same stats wise, or am I losing a unit?
    Sorry mate, but you are losing a Max unit. And so does like 75% of the players tbh. So youre not the only one :P.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated