New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

I suppose I will attend something Zap, since I've got 2-3 things going on. RD has something this turn, right?

Also, war.
    Against the Heartgouger dude, no worries y'all.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Anyone else switch rulers last round that I missed? Oh wait...didn't Silverbit? Goes to check....
    About switching rulers. Is that +1 Faith you have up there rolling over to Tendaji II? Mosi was at max so he wouldn't gain it. Despite moving onto my third ruler I still have no idea how this works
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Sorry mate, but you are losing a Max unit. And so does like 75% of the players tbh. So youre not the only one :P.
    At what point do we round up? I've got a population of 69,000, so it'd be 6.9 units, whereas I was at 7 before the increase.

Quinton, I don't suppose you'll be at the Last Visitation, eh?
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

4. - Top - End - #574

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    As an update on the wars. I do believe peace is being moved towards between the GC and UN. (We really ought to have animals to represent our nations like they did in the Cold War and really every war) It's still in the preliminary stages but hopefully we can all work to make this a more peaceful world.

@Zap I may be interested in some Wine. Does Timber, fish, spices (non-drug kind) or silk interest you?

Also, PMs tell you when the person's inbox is full right?
    Felitora's is a dragoncatwolf. A cat with flame breath, wings, and a lupine face.

Ancient Felitorans used a Manbearbig for theirs.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I suppose I will attend something Zap, since I've got 2-3 things going on. RD has something this turn, right?

Also, war.
    Against the Heartgouger dude, no worries y'all.
    He does! I suppose you probably wouldn't be interested in attending the Last Visitation as it'll be full of GC folks... right?
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    At what point do we round up? I've got a population of 69,000, so it'd be 6.9 units, whereas I was at 7 before the increase.

Quinton, I don't suppose you'll be at the Last Visitation, eh?
    Au contrair, I shall be. I'm attending all the cool parties this round.

@Tychris, you already lost a couple units in the war so really it all works out

The UN horses and the GC Griffons? I mean, so far only Logic has them, so they're not super representative. We got called snakes a lot though in war declarations last round. Maybe we should just embrace that.

I've mad an action of mine to host/attend a peace conference in the west. Figure we can hammer out details there between the UN and GC.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Roll over occurs, so new rulers go up instats from the previous round, even if they were earned by a previous ruler.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Looks like peace talks between GC and UN will be held at Cantus Sai. Groovy.

EDIT: MORPH In regards to places of study, Aloren has the Enclave of Existence which is kind of an academic place (and one I plan to expand on)
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-10 at 11:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is Scla´ca invited to GC-UN talks?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

The UN horses and the GC Griffons? I mean, so far only Logic has them, so they're not super representative. We got called snakes a lot though in war declarations last round. Maybe we should just embrace that.
    Well, of the Union of the North, the majority of members can be represented that way. The GC is less lucky. Their cultures are all over the place with regards to animals.

Saves everyone actions. Otherwise Woodwind would be spend the turn rushing around the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnur View Post
    I'd rather the talks be kept small. Scla'ca doesn't have a stake in them.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-10 at 11:48 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Part 1 of 3 is complete! Man that was fun to write. Hope y'all enjoy!
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Gunung
    Region 1, Chacmon
    __

[link to roll]

Ruler Name

Current Stats:
    Diplomacy: 4
    Military: 5
    Curiosity: 7
    Faith: 3
    Luck: 3

Population: 88.000
    Terrain: Lava Belt, Small mountains, White plume mountains, Golden vale.
    People: Berapi (Demi-humans, red-skined, high body temperature and very heat resistand), Itzli culture.
    Resources:
    • [Good] iron/steel,
    • [Good] Obsidian,
    • [Good] Farm produce (grain and vegetables),
    • [Great] Adamantium.

Import necessity/great desire: wood.
    Religion: Lord of fire (as a spirit of fire and the great volcano), volcano spirits, ancestor of the royal famaly as prophet and volcano pacifier
    Technologies: Adamantium forging.

Spoiler: Original Stats
    Show

Original Stats:
    Diplomacy: 3(+1)
    Military: 4
    Curiosity: 3(+2)
    Faith: 3
    Luck: 3

[link to Family]

Region Details

Spoiler: General/History
    Show

The Gunung country looks like a large expanse of mostly mountains from a distance, a closer look however reveals that over 60% of these mountains are in fact volcanoes. It is around these volcano’s that the ancestors of the present day Berapi first settled farming the extremely fertile soil on the volcano slopes and forming warring tribes where an eruption changed the political landscape more often then war.
    This lasted until the reign of Acal the clan leader of the Iyolloco tribe came up with the idea to use the rare and extremely heat resistant adamantium found in Itztetl to create what is a system of drainage canals to tame the volcanoes. (Think primitive medieval Dutch waterworks with lava instead of water) With this advantage Acal managed to unite al Berapi tribes in the Gunung kingdom. On a side note, Gunung is the Berapi word for volcano.

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    Gunung is a large mountain region composed mostly of volcanoes rather than actual mountains. Farming happens on the slopes and in the valleys of these volcanoes and the city’s of Gunung are located in the main lava chambers of the volcanoes that have had drainage canals installed. Roads wind through the valleys and mountain passes. The large fortresses in the mountain passes and frequent patrols means that these are mostly safe. The land itself is divided in 4 distinct regions each with it’s own features.
    • Small mountains – A misleading name, the mountains and volcanoes here are actually quite large. It is named like this because the central volcano of the region; Acachto (meaning first) dwarfs al the mountains around it. Acachto used to be the regions most active volcano but nowadays it’s main lava chamber is the site of Gunung’s capital Itzli. The surrounding volcano city’s nicala and oontetl are small outposts by comparison.
    • Lava Belt – The southern region, composed of highly active volcanoes. The lave of these supply’s most of Gunungs obsidian making this region the centre of its construction and weapons industry. Two lava chamber city’s are within this region; cali and tocha.
    • White plume mountains –The northern region named after its mostly calm but constantly smoking volcanoes and the frequent snows. It contains the second largest volcano city of Gunung; Iztac. Most of Gunungs iron and steel comes from the lava of this city’s canals
    • Golden valley –A place of past glory, The very fertile Golden valley (between the two white stripes on the south eastern part of the region 1 map) used to be the breadbasket and most populus region of Gunung until Acal “tamed” Acachto and started farming it’s slope. Nonetheless this region remains one of Gunangs agricultural centres and the site of it’s largest (and only) aboveground city; tonatiuh

Note: the actual terrain features as far as game play are concerned are; fertile land, mountains and volcanoes

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The Berapi are descendants from humans who became extremely resistant to heat before living memory. If this was a natural process or a blessing of the lord of fire remains a topic of much debate to this day. Berapi can breed whit al species humans can breed with any species humans can.
    Berapi skin has a reddish hue and their body temperature is several degrees higher then that of normal humans. Their most notable feature is their extreme resistance to heat however although outsiders sometimes comment that the prevalence of red and white hair among the Berapi is more noticeable.
    Culture:
    For most of their history the Berapi where warring tribes that fought over the stable volcanoes and the Golden valley because of this they still have somewhat of a warrior culture although this has lessened in recent years as the tribes have become more and more unified. The modern day culture Itzli culture is focused towards working for stability and trade rather then war, but considers the maintenance of its military part of this stability. Cooking is considered a communal activity in the city’s where it is done on large cooking platforms next to the central lava lake of each city.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

• [Good] iron/steel,
    • [Good] Obsidian,
    • [Good] Farm produce (grain and vegetables),
    • [Great] Adamantium.
    Gunung has more than enough farms to sustain its people and city’s where the food is stored in separate (cooler) rock cambers. Most other resources from gold to meat and furs is part of the bounty of the mountains although none of it is exploited in great enough quantities for extensive export. Special attention needs to be given to the lava canals and what the Berapi scoop from them with crude Adamantium shovels.[*]Adamantium – This extremely heat resistant metal is the pride of Gunang and is scooped from the lava canals of its capital in great quantities. Molten adamantium cools much slower then al other known metals but once it has cooled it is almost impossible to melt or even warm it again. The downside to this is that adamantium is extremely hard to refine and work with and as of 330 the Berapi can only pour very unrefined adamantium that is more brittle then iron. Under Topiltzin the first the amount of Adamantium that can be scooped from the canals was increased significantly[*]iron/steel –The lava canals of Iztac are blessed with a unique feature, a large amount of molten iron. Most of Gunungs iron and steel is scooped from the lava of this city’s canals.[*]Farm produce (grain and vegetables) –Under the rule of Aitah the first Gunung’s farms where expanded allowing for the production of more food than the people need, which means the excess can be stored or traded.[*]Obsidian –The primary building and weapon material of Gunung is found mostly in its southern regions where it is both mined from its volcanoes and scooped from the lava rivers of its city’s[/LIST]
    In addition to this the Berapi use pumice stone as a lightweight building material and sulphur as an accelerant to help start the (rare) wood based fires (mostly in villages and Tonatiuh).
    Wood is rare in Gunung with all the woodland found in the Golden valley used for tools and Tonatiuhs cooking fires. Because of this large wooden objects like furniture are a much vaulted luxury good in Gunung. Having a carved wooden door is considered the height of opulence and the throne of Gunung is was carved from the second largest tree in the kingdom hundreds of years ago.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    The Lord of Fire is the (unenforced) state religion of Gunung. Like most people they do of course have some specific ways of worshipping however:
    -The lord of fire is also considered the lord of volcanoes and through this father of the earth
    - Acachto is thought to be his place of birth and as such Itzli is home to the extremely opulent (and much larger then the royal palace) step pyramid temple of fire’s birth which contains an ancient statue of the lord of fire carved from what was Gunungs largest tree. The top contains a brazier that is always lit using sulfur harvested from surrounding volcanoes.
    - Acal, tamer of volcanoes is considered a prophet of the fire lord (and indeed the person who converted his people to the fire lord).

Spoiler: Technologies
    Show
    Under king Aitah the first the technology to forge Adamantium by submerging it in lava for long periods of time was developed. Gunung does not trade or share this technology but all adamantium traded out of Gunung is forged into whatever shape the recipients require.

Spoiler: Education and Military
    Show
    Education is mostly taken care of by the clergy with all temples having halls of learning nearby where the children of Gunung are educated. Beyond this very basic education all Gunung citizens are required to spend at least 2 years in the military.
    -Those who show an aptitude for learning our priesthood are brought to the temple of Fire’s birth for further education.
    -Most people either take up an apprenticeship (usually with their parents),marry or stay as soldiers after their mandatory service is over.
    -The army, called yaoc mostly patrols the mountain passes, occupy the border mountain pass fortresses as well as the fortresses build in the entrance tunnels to the lava city’s
    -there are a lot of old fortresses in poor condition inland from the clan era that are now longer really used as anything more then outposts or stops along the roads
    -Service in the army is mandatory from either for 2 years except in the case of pregnancy the age of admission is either 16 or 18 but most Berapi serve a “full term” of 4 years (age 16-20)
    -Unlike most military’s the Gunung make extensive use of obsidian for both armour and weapons

Mictlanpa
    Region P1, Chacmon

Population: 81.000
    • [Good] Artic fish
    Import necessity/great desire: Farm produce (grain and vegetables).

__

Show
    Chilling Plains, where snowstorms blow almost continually and the dry snow acts like razors to exposed skin.

Quiet Mountains, on the southern edge of the entire region. Called such because there is only 1 volcano in the entire mountain range. It is within this volcano that the Berapi founded the regions capital, Centetl.

Show
    Berapi colonist live in the volcano city and a combination of the indigenous Inuit,Berapi and hybrids of both people live everywhere else.

Show
    Its only resource is fish of Good quality caught from beneath the regions ice lakes. There is also several places where crude oil bubbles to the surface but no active harvesting of this resource is implemented. Grain and vegetables are the resource the region needs as the wintery landscape does not allow for the growing of these products.

Show
    Lord of Fire, using the same details in the how and why as Gunung whit the exception of some customs that the native people of the region share with their eastern neighbours.

Tletica
    Region P8, Chacmon

Population: 24.000

[Royal Heraldry pending]
    __

Show
    Plains of rising Fire, a large and surprisingly warm and lush plain filed with strange white grass that makes the rising temperature the only way to tell the imminent change in climate from a distance and the many cracks in the grounds from which puffs of blue fire rise, 90% of the population lives on these plains.

Daughter of Fire, Mother of the Sky, A large and lone mountain in the centre of the plains of rising fire, blue fire constantly rises from its peak, but only during the day, and it is around this peak that the regional capital was build, Tlecuahuitl.

Show
    Berapi colonist live in Tlecuahuitl and farmsteads in the plain surrounding it. The colder regions contain some the indigenous Inuit. Berapi and hybrids of both people can also be found everywhere.

Show
    Its main resource is Blue fire of Good quality found on the plains this “fire” while looking exactly as it sounds like in fact seems to be a kind of very warm very light gas that only seems to be burning, native berapi trap it in large bags an use it as decoration, a source of warmth and as balloons for the kids.
    It also has White Flax which grows on the plains of rising fire, its fibres have a great variety of uses as all kinds of cloth and rope.
    Wood is the resource the region needs as the climate does not allow trees to grow and the soil in the rising fire region somehow does not allow for trees (although al other plants grow just fine).

Show
    Lord of Fire, using the same details in the how and why as Gunung with the exception of some special customs related to the blue fire, specifically they believe that blue fire is why the sky is blue during the day, a belief which is spreading.

Intepeuh
    Region 46, Chacmon

Needed resource: fish

Rest of the info pending a question to the DM
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-05-10 at 06:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Well, of the Union of the North, the majority of members can be represented that way. The GC is less lucky. Their cultures are all over the place with regards to animals.

Saves everyone actions. Otherwise Woodwind would be spend the turn rushing around the continent.

I'd rather the talks be kept small. Scla'ca doesn't have a stake in them.
    That's what family's for! I planned to send a myriad of people related to the Emperor and representing him to the different events and I was looking to boost diplomacy, but I can sideline that for now.

But Scla'ca could attend Cantus Sai just to attend Cantus Sai and talk to the different people there even if not directly involved in the negotiations. I'm sure Emperor Olwyt would love to see his lizardfolk friends there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Just read it, that was pretty awesome my man haha
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-10 at 11:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Sorry mate, but you are losing a Max unit. And so does like 75% of the players tbh. So youre not the only one :P.
    To all those who might be worried about existing units: don't worry. Existing units won't suddenly disappear. At least not until brutally murdered.

Roll over occurs, so new rulers go up instats from the previous round, even if they were earned by a previous ruler.
    Oh, that's how you've been doing it? I've always told people it applies to the previous ruler, but if it raised them to 4s or 8s or higher their heir may get bigger bonuses. I think your method is probably easier though...

EDIT: MORPH In regards to places of study, Aloren has the Enclave of Existence which is kind of an academic place (and one I plan to expand on)
    Noted. And nice that you're expanding on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Looks like we've got another Sympol short story on our hands! Will read tonight.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    Question: If I choose a resource, of, say, Thestrals, would Griffon tech apply to them as well?
    Question: If you choose a resource, of, say, Thestrals, would you trade them to me?

Who wants the privilege and honor of drinking the world's finest wine at all of your important gatherings?
    This seems to be implying an untruth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    RD has something this turn, right?
    Yes.

We got called snakes a lot though in war declarations last round.
    I wonder why people paid you such compliments while leaping for your throat...

Ehm... Well now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shnur View Post
    Scla`ca's most important lizards are invited to the Cantus Sai, a celebration of the arts by the Aristocracy.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Noted. And nice that you're expanding on it!
    I've been planning to for a few rounds now, but haven't been able to. I'm just going for it now though. Also, did you decide on what to do with NPC country actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Ehm... Well now...
    We could do it at the Last Visitation if the UN's down to. (Man, this Cantus Sai is some really complicated stuff )
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-10 at 12:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So, for the sake of keeping you guys up to date on stuff, it looks like my service disruption might be pretty short after all. As I mentioned to Morph on Saturday, it turns out that I evidently fail at algebra and I can in fact still afford to pay the service bill.

Of course, I discovered this after I had already canceled my service and now I have to deal with a bunch of bureaucracy to get it reinstated and hopefully still at an affordable price. Also next week is Finals Week, so I have that to look forward to.

Anyway, I might just come back sometime within the next week or so if I can find the free time. I can't really play Crima anymore (particularly since it's already officially passed to Bordeux and most of the potential heirs got killed off anyway, plus I made a big enough deal of leaving that it'd probably be a little skeevy to immediately come back like nothing happened), but I've got an idea for a new nation.

Is Region 59 taken? If not, I'd like to lay a claim there. If it is, I'm not really sure where I could fit my stuff in and still have it make anything resembling sense, but hey.

(If nothing else, I'd prefer a snowy or icy region that's generally within the proximity of the "far east" region. 59 fits well, but something further east could work too if it were revealed.)

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    So, for the sake of keeping you guys up to date on stuff, it looks like my service disruption might be pretty short after all. As I mentioned to Morph on Saturday, it turns out that I evidently fail at algebra and I can in fact still afford to pay the service bill.

Of course, I discovered this after I had already canceled my service and now I have to deal with a bunch of bureaucracy to get it reinstated and hopefully still at an affordable price. Also next week is Finals Week, so I have that to look forward to.

Anyway, I might just come back sometime within the next week or so if I can find the free time. I can't really play Crima anymore (particularly since it's already officially passed to Bordeux and most of the potential heirs got killed off anyway, plus I made a big enough deal of leaving that it'd probably be a little skeevy to immediately come back like nothing happened), but I've got an idea for a new nation.

Is Region 59 taken? If not, I'd like to lay a claim there. If it is, I'm not really sure where I could fit my stuff in and still have it make anything resembling sense, but hey.

(If nothing else, I'd prefer a snowy or icy region that's generally within the proximity of the "far east" region. 59 fits well, but something further east could work too if it were revealed.)
    Glad you'll be coming back!

Good luck with bureaucracy and finals, they're some of the most annoying things in this world.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Glad you'll be coming back!

Good luck with bureaucracy and finals, they're some of the most annoying things in this world.
    Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be right back at each other's throats soon enough.

Thanks though.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

FOLKS! I may have messed up with updating scores, especially in terms of Military and Curiosity! If your scores look wrong in the Ruler's stats, please mention it to me!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be right back at each other's throats soon enough.

Thanks though.
    Not if you'll be out east I hope Haha

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

This seems to be implying an untruth.
    Clearly you haven't tried Raaneki Heartwine.

As far as Cantus Sai is concerned... is this not an appropriate place for Diplomacy actions? I'd really enjoying showing off some of Raaneka's arts, but I need to be wherever these peace talks are taking place.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Thestrals could utilize the same training/taming/riding tech as griffons and similarly behaving/built creatures, I figure.

Region 59 has been reserved for a new player, but other regions beyond it may yet be revealed at next round start! In the meantime, good luck with finals. (Perhaps this is where I should be like a responsible person and say it'd be better for you if you waited 'til after your last final that week to make your return?)

Is Guilder's Final Visitation linked anywhere?

Also, that wine... hmmm. I've got an idea that might be fun, though long-term, should there be one stack left to trade.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-10 at 12:30 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, that wine... hmmm. I've got an idea that might be fun, though long-term, should there be one stack left to trade.
    Consider it reserved.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

We could do it at the Last Visitation if the UN's down to. (Man, this Cantus Sai is some really complicated stuff )
    It... is?

I was commenting on the sudden popularity considering nobody seems to remember what it is. Also, the Second Raaneki Games had very few attendees, so I'm just a little surprised is all.

Sorry, I should've clarified. It is 02.30 here.

Clearly you haven't tried Raaneki Heartwine.

As far as Cantus Sai is concerned... is this not an appropriate place for Diplomacy actions? I'd really enjoying showing off some of Raaneka's arts, but I need to be wherever these peace talks are taking place.
    Clearly you haven't tried Nix Merum. 「You know how this one goes」

It is the perfect place for Diplomacy actions. /and/ showing off arts.

EDIT - By Ehm... Well now... I was talking about the UN and GC peace thing suddenly happening.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-10 at 12:50 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Region 59 has been reserved for a new player, but other regions beyond it may yet be revealed at next round start! In the meantime, good luck with finals. (Perhaps this is where I should be like a responsible person and say it'd be better for you if you waited 'til after your last final that week to make your return?)
    Fair enough! I can wait until next round before I actually join anyway, though I'll probably do the writeup this week on "Region X" or something of the like.

My finals are mostly clustered toward the start of the week and I have them all well in hand, thankfully. It doesn't stop them from being stressful, but at least I can study normally instead of cramming until my brain oozes out my ears.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearly you haven't tried Nix Merum. 「You know how this one goes」
    In the spirit of friendly banter, I believe it goes like this: "Raaneki Heartwine is a [Great] resource and the only wine listed as a Resource. I'll bet it's better than this new thing I've never heard of. "

Lemme know if you ever legitimize Nix Merum. This could be a fun rivalry!

I'm not very used to translating my words into text. Derpiness can happen.
    I don't think anyone's a stranger to The Derp around here!
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

FOLKS! I may have messed up with updating scores, especially in terms of Military and Curiosity! If your scores look wrong in the Ruler's stats, please mention it to me!
    You have the stats of the Princess Regent of Ashenia listed as 4, 7, 6, 1 and 2 (in order). They should be in fact 3, 7, 5, 1 and 2 (again in order).
    Not that I object to extra stats.
    Actually... I see where you got the extra diplomacy and curiosity from. But the actions that would have granted those were from the last round the old king still lived and his stats were still in effect. I don't believe that results in increases for his heir...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #599

Yay, Blade returns !
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

You have the stats of the Princess Regent of Ashenia listed as 4, 7, 6, 1 and 2 (in order). They should be in fact 3, 7, 5, 1 and 2 (again in order).
    Not that I object to extra stats.
    Actually... I see where you got the extra diplomacy and curiosity from. But the actions that would have granted those were from the last round the old king still lived and his stats were still in effect. I don't believe that results in increases for his heir...
    You actually do get the bonuses to your new ruler from the last actions of the last ruler.

Spoiler
    Show