New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Worse.
    Spoiler: Pay no attention to the rant behind the curtain.
    Show
    I couldn't make it. The bus station I was supposed to go to was under construction and signs I needed to follow to the replacement bus station left me someplace that wasn't a bus station at all. Then I backtracked a mile on foot, went to the other side of the train station, located the bus line I needed according to the information I had, and rode it all the way to the end because it turned out that the busstop I needed to step out at wasn't part of that line. And both bus drivers I met going back and forth along that line to get back to the central station didn't even know the stop I needed to be at wasn't part of their route. Then I located a free wifi station, looked up the adress, got on a boat across the river, walked several miles to get there, only to find out that I couldn't get to the school because from that part of the city the only way there was by a major road that pedestrians couldn't access. Or rather, they could, but only half way. I would've needed to walk through the brush beside the busy road or walked all the way around, and since I had already spent 2 useless hours, I decided to head back home instead. 7 hours and a fistfull of dollars euros wasted.

In other news, I'll be locking the round in an hour. In the meantime, I'll update the rules with the new stuff. New rules will be put in Green text, like the latest update was (which will therefore stop being green). Blood claims and... I don't even remember what else there was.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Worse.
    Spoiler: Pay no attention to the rant behind the curtain.
    Show
    I couldn't make it. The bus station I was supposed to go to was under construction and signs I needed to follow to the replacement bus station left me someplace that wasn't a bus station at all. Then I backtracked a mile on foot, went to the other side of the train station, located the bus line I needed according to the information I had, and rode it all the way to the end because it turned out that the busstop I needed to step out at wasn't part of that line. And both bus drivers I met going back and forth along that line to get back to the central station didn't even know the stop I needed to be at wasn't part of their route. Then I located a free wifi station, looked up the adress, got on a boat across the river, walked several miles to get there, only to find out that I couldn't get to the school because from that part of the city the only way there was by a major road that pedestrians couldn't access. Or rather, they could, but only half way. I would've needed to walk through the brush beside the busy road or walked all the way around, and since I had already spent 2 useless hours, I decided to head back home instead. 7 hours and a fistfull of dollars euros wasted.

In other news, I'll be locking the round in an hour. In the meantime, I'll update the rules with the new stuff. New rules will be put in Green text, like the latest update was (which will therefore stop being green). Blood claims and... I don't even remember what else there was.
    I hate those kinds of days. At least it's over now, but that is damn frustrating.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "The occasion has been judged proper for asserting, as a principle in which the rights and interests of the Sympol people are involved, that the Eastern continents, by the free and independent condition which they have assumed and maintain, are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for future colonization by any Coalition powers.

We owe it, therefore, to candor and to the amicable relations existing between the Sympol and those powers to declare that we should consider any attempt on their part to extend their system to any portion of this hemisphere as dangerous to our peace and safety. With the existing colonies or dependencies of any Coalition power we have not interfered and shall not interfere. But with the Governments who have declared their independence and maintained it, and whose independence we have, on great consideration and on just principles, acknowledged, we could not view any interposition for the purpose of oppressing them, or controlling in any other manner their destiny, by any Coalition power in any other light than as the manifestation of an unfriendly disposition toward Sympolemou."

"I am not a crook!"

*Places a sign next to the throne that reads* "The Buck stops here."

Yes. Thank you Blade
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-03-16 at 03:49 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Closing the round now.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

So, if I disappear for a week or so don't worry. My wife may be going into labor a touch early... Baby is due at the end of the month, but could be in the next 24 hours @_@

Edit: Hospitals are boring and have WiFi, so I might still be around between excitement.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-03-16 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*Snip*
    Yikes, that does sound like a bad day! I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    "I am not a crook!"

*Places a sign next to the throne that reads* "The Buck stops here."

Yes. Thank you Blade

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    So, if I disappear for a week or so don't worry. My wife may be going into labor a touch early... Baby is due at the end of the month, but could be in the next 24 hours @_@
    Well, I can't say I've been there because I haven't, but it sounds stressful. Good luck!

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Hospitals are boring and have WiFi, so I might still be around between excitement.
    Best wishes for you, the wife, and the baby!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Best wishes for you all!
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, to be honest I'm not 100% sure the baby is really coming just yet, but we did rush out the door to come to the hospital. We're just waiting while they get vitals. I'd promise updates, but if the baby comes it'll be the only time I'm actually unable to post.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... I guess I'm not playing anymore, so I'll try to keep my posts here to a minimum unless someone summons me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Wars started because cartographers kept running out of colors. That's my official belief.
    Hey, you even used a similar purple to the one I had in my signature linking to the useful-summary-of-things post.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Is it your birthday? I'm going to assume it's your birthday...
    Happy birthday!
    Spoiler
    Show
    You and your fireworks!

Alright I've made my request and included the need for the dress. Hopefully someone decides to take up my silly request and create something.
    I hope so also.

Worse.
    I'm very glad I haven't quite had it that bad. That really really sucks.

Best wishes for you, the wife, and the baby!
    ...what Quinton said. I don't mean to sound inconsiderate, just that he ninja'd me with well-wishes I was going to type out in pretty much the same way.

Yeah... Hospitals are boring and smell like detergant and bleh.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, to be honest I'm not 100% sure the baby is really coming just yet, but we did rush out the door to come to the hospital. We're just waiting while they get vitals. I'd promise updates, but if the baby comes it'll be the only time I'm actually unable to post.
    Congratulations anyway!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Better to be safe than sorry! Congratulations! it's not going to be named Mosi is it

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Well... I guess I'm not playing anymore, so I'll try to keep my posts here to a minimum unless someone summons me.
    Don't make me summon you daily.

In other news, round is up! As always, I hope I don't come up with a ton more events to add on Monday, but we'll see. I tend to do that anyway, after all.

Also, I will state that I'll put up limitations for resources per region this round to 4, but there will be possibility of expanding that amount. How? That will follow later.

Furthermore, rules for confederations and ideas for heads of religions to have more stuff to do are being brainstormed.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-16 at 08:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Bugbear in the Playground

Congrats! I hope that your wife and child will remain safe.

Better to be safe than sorry! Congratulations! it's not going to be named Mosi is it

In other news, round is up! As always, I hope I don't come up with a ton more events to add on Monday, but we'll see. I tend to do that anyway, after all.

Also, I will state that I'll put up limitations for resources per region this round to 4, but there will be possibility of expanding that amount. How? That will follow later.

Furthermore, rules for confederations and ideas for heads of religions to have more stuff to do are being brainstormed.
    A couple of questions about my actions Morph: First, for my second action, can pulling troops back and defending a region be one action? Secondly, do we (Elemental and I) need to spend an action invading, since we captured the leader and killed all of his men? I'd assume yes, but want to confirm. I have too many actions to take.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

So you can only have 4 Good Resources in a region at any one time? Hmmm.....

Edit: Also should I just post my continuation for the last rounds Story Arc this round and just say it happened last round? Or should I post it here? I know I can't edit it in because that's not allowed, so I'm just curious.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-03-16 at 08:36 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

And after reading this round's update, it would appear I am being invaded.

Huh. Well. Didn't know about that. Changes a few things..........
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you have the mana?

Mmm, quite...

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    A couple of questions about my actions Morph: First, for my second action, can pulling troops back and defending a region be one action? Secondly, do we (Elemental and I) need to spend an action invading, since we captured the leader and killed all of his men? I'd assume yes, but want to confirm. I have too many actions to take.
    By default, all troops are in their home region at the start of a round. This makes it easier to keep track, because we're not going to track the location of every unit everywhere.

You can send military units to multiple places with a single action, too.

And if you wish to conquer the region, yes, you will need to spend another action. Or at least the person who wants to have the region needs to.

So you can only have 4 Good Resources in a region at any one time? Hmmm.....

Edit: Also should I just post my continuation for the last rounds Story Arc this round and just say it happened last round? Or should I post it here? I know I can't edit it in because that's not allowed, so I'm just curious.
    4 Resources. Multiple may be Great. I have thought on limiting that as well, and am thinking of making it limited to 2 Great Resources per region. As the default, of course.

Just post the next arc this round in the IC thread as per usual for that stuff. You can always say it's the very first thing to happen this round, or the last in last round.

Looking forward to it.

Do you have the mana?
    Of course!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-16 at 08:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #918

Hey Morph, mind reviewing Felitora so far?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hey Morph, mind reviewing Felitora so far?
    Hey Arkh, I wanna look at it too.
    Do you have a link?

20. - Top - End - #920

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

PM question:
    Questions about colonization, why is everyone using curiosity for it? Isn't it a diplomacy/military action?

Also, if someone is trying to colonize the same region as me but they haven't noticed I'm trying to colonize it, and thus, have not made any attempt to roll and try and beat my roll, or to switch to military and automatically beat my roll, am I allowed to not remind them and win solely because they never rolled?
    I'm paying little attention to the tags people use since Wombat's handling stat increases. While exploration can be Curiosity, colonization is certainly diplomacy or military.

You are allowed to not tell someone about it if you notice that, though in good sportsmanship I'd say I'd prefer you did tell and leave the consequences to doing or not doing it to their fault. Rolls that aren't linked aren't counted (or rolled by the GM if absolutely necessary). For first-round colonization, not posting rolls will mean that if others attempt to colonize the same region and they do post their rolls, they automatically win. For the second round of colonization, they don't automatically win if that happens, because in such case, I will make the roll if there is none to be found.

I figured this might be important to some, so I posted it now. I am now off and will answer other questions later. Good night.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! I like the formatting under people best, and you could probably put the landmarks into terrain.

Remember the thing with the city? You can list cities too as well like I did under a different section, but you have an extra terrain feature you can list. They're supposed to be more like natural wonders.

You could probably merge landmarks into Terrain.

You mentioned in the Cantus Sai thread that scouts are really important in your land and that your people like doing acrobatics. You could put that under people if you want maybe? EDIT: Oh yeah, and something about music and drums. I... forget.

While exploration can be Curiosity, colonization is certainly diplomacy or military.
    I just noticed mine was tagged incorrectly too. Ahahaha hilarious copypasta issue. 「That action was planned to be the final action of those Tomes I never ever got around to unburying yet.」

At least Wombat doesn't have to worry about that. I get to laugh at my own derpiness though.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-16 at 09:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Got home, no baby yet. Gonna sleep while I still can. The baby is due on the 31st of this month though. So it's getting close.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

Couple questions
    1.) How did my exploration looking for an Under-Aloren go? I'm sure it failed, but I'm still hoping the theory that the kobolds are rarely seen because they're underground may hold true.

2.) We get population increases this round right? (I'm assuming I'll get a penalty with this dang Tellurian Whooping Cough, hopefully my imports offset it)

3.) Did the Salterri specify who they were declaring war on? Clearly Grrmanhill wasn't part of it, so I'm wondering who is.

I don't know why you thought the war was over... You never offered a peace conference and you didn't post your actions til the last second. It's no grudge just...

Got home, no baby yet. Gonna sleep while I still can. The baby is due on the 31st of this month though. So it's getting close.
    Enjoy your rest for now haha Best wishes again for it all :)

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Thanks! I like the formatting under people best, and you could probably put the landmarks into terrain.

Remember the thing with the city? You can list cities too as well like I did under a different section, but you have an extra terrain feature you can list. They're supposed to be more like natural wonders.

You could probably merge landmarks into Terrain.

You mentioned in the Cantus Sai thread that scouts are really important in your land and that your people like doing acrobatics. You could put that under people if you want maybe? EDIT: Oh yeah, and something about music and drums. I... forget.
    I'll echo the stuff Raindragon said, plus the stuff I said last time I reviewed it that hasn't already been addressed.

Seriously, use Wombat's template and add/remove categories as necessary. It makes everything easier and ensures you haven't missed anything important.

EDIT:

3.) Did the Salterri specify who they were declaring war on? Clearly Grrmanhill wasn't part of it, so I'm wondering who is.
    My money is on you, since you're sort of right next to them and a prime offender. (They don't take well to crossdressing. )
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-03-16 at 09:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Well, I need to bring the region fully under my control and upend the place. I suspect all manner of interesting things to fall out, one of them hopefully being an aging King who will likely be shocked to find out he is king.
    So yes. But you don't have to because my remaining troops should be able to handle the rest of it.

I'm paying little attention to the tags people use since Wombat's handling stat increases. While exploration can be Curiosity, colonization is certainly diplomacy or military.
    Damn... I've been colonising as a curiosity because I view my colonisations from an economic standpoint. From now on, I shall make certain to do so as military or diplomacy actions.

Congratulations anyway and best of luck for the thirty-first.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    EDIT:
    My money is on you, since you're sort of right next to them and a prime offender. (They don't take well to crossdressing. )
    I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not...

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ettin in the Playground

I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not...
    Well... Seeing as they're crossing Region Thirty, that leaves two possible paths for their army; Hrathan-Tuor and Raaneka.
    I think the former is much more likely, it is a known ally of the Ignato Empire after all and why anyone would invade Raaneka I have no idea.

Now, I need to decide whether or not events in the East warrant military assistance from the West. I guess we'll wait and see.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know why you thought the war was over... You never offered a peace conference and you didn't post your actions til the last second. It's no grudge just...
    I didn't think it was over, I just remembered people asking me where I was attacking so they could defend, and presumed that meant conflict was on the defensive instead of the offensive. Spending most of my time writing and working on fluff (And, in more recent events, tending and worrying for my friend who got stabbed) made me not look too deeply into the IC thread.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Well... Seeing as they're crossing Region Thirty, that leaves two possible paths for their army; Hrathan-Tuor and Raaneka.
    I think the former is much more likely, it is a known ally of the Ignato Empire after all and why anyone would invade Raaneka I have no idea.

Now, I need to decide whether or not events in the East warrant military assistance from the West. I guess we'll wait and see.
    Assuming their target is so close. It may be somewhere else.

I didn't think it was over, I just remembered people asking me where I was attacking so they could defend, and presumed that meant conflict was on the defensive instead of the offensive. Spending most of my time writing and working on fluff (And, in more recent events, tending and worrying for my friend who got stabbed) made me not look too deeply into the IC thread.
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend! I hope he's alright!

It's fine, like I said, it's just those questions were being asked to decide how to split forces and whatnot. In fact since no one died with it and with the Salterri maybe marching against us it might be best if we all just cough awkwardly and walk away since no one died this round.

Spoiler
    Show