New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Selyra's details are completed, folks!
    I like the looks of it! (Also, is Abyssium going to become Mustard gas? I believe we're supposed to be WWIing it right now)

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    What? "Hurry up and finish the war so we'll have time for tea." You've gone soft Doomkhan! What happened to the blood and thunder? Great vengeance and furious anger! Crush your enemies and see them driven before you! Hear the lamentations of their women!

: P
    I have! Not to mention all these wars have been thrust upon me which is very different from choosing to attack. They've totally not allowed me to do anything but keep being a military force when I'm trying to evolve :P

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    With two diplomatic events happening next round one I pretty much need to attend (The Fair) and one I would very much like to attend (the games) I'd like to see this Salterri war ended decidedly as I'm sure many would in order to to free up their actions.

Send units to PAIN and make sure those blasted Salterri leave us alone so we can have titillating conversations at diplomatic events instead of worrying about troop mobilization for a while!

The PAIN Campaign approves this message.
    I suddenly have a feeling we won't ever get to see someone worshipping a war god if even the most military countries want to go for peace.

I've also just realized that the only country that didn't react to Blazing's gifts was Guilder, even though they received one of the more... interesting ones.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I suddenly have a feeling we won't ever get to see someone worshipping a war god if even the most military countries want to go for peace.

I've also just realized that the only country that didn't react to Blazing's gifts was Guilder, even though they received one of the more... interesting ones.
    I think Sympol and myself could both go for some peace and quiet right now :P Though I may still not get the chance with the Tunneldom under Aloren.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

When it comes to creating landmarks for the Terrain section of a region... do we have to describe natural landmarks? Would it be acceptable for one of our landmarks to be a building?

I realize I don't have a region to write up, but I was thinking about it and thought I'd check.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    When it comes to creating landmarks for the Terrain section of a region... do we have to describe natural landmarks? Would it be acceptable for one of our landmarks to be a building?

I realize I don't have a region to write up, but I was thinking about it and thought I'd check.
    Buildings are kosher, I just prefer geography.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashenia's horse culture means they're rather like the Huns or Mongols, but they portray themselves as more civilized and polite, or rather: settled. While Crima still seems steeped in the horse-riding culture and only seems to be settling recently, Ashenia feels like it has done this since a longer time and the horse culture having been turned from everyone riding horses to it being more of a noble pasttime. If it were more of a trader country, Central Asia would be a perfect fit, especially since its -kand named cities remind me of Samarkand, a Central Asian city in the midst of the silk road. It already has similarities with Samarkand, which was the capital of Tamerlane's empire and a center of Islamic study.

If you use torture or intimidation tactics, which might be necessary, Military. Otherwise Diplomacy.

Oh boy, I hope you never visit Amsterdam, it might only disappoint you.
    Originally, I was going to go for a more East Asian feel, but I kind of ended up with Central Asia. Unfortunately, I don't get to be a nexus of trade. At least, not until I find really shiny things further West that everyone wants.

Thought so. In the meantime however, I'll keep him in chains until I have an action spare.

Oddly enough, I have a relevant quote about Amsterdam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic1110
    ...it was just a regular city, no more adventurous or depraved than Brussels.

Edit: And the dark horse candidate in so far winning Zwergkampf.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-19 at 05:14 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, Wombat!

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I just noticed Raaneka was invited! I can't spend an action to attend, but I don't NEED an action to get you rowdy dwarves liquored up.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamBurke, I would ask Morph if you can build units with Plate Armor now. Sanctuary did not confirm, so by the rules, you cannot use that tech atm.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

9. - Top - End - #1149

Good lord man, that's unexpected. Good roll!

I'm being defeated by a commoner! Help! Help!
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Good lord man, that's unexpected. Good roll!

I'm being defeated by a commoner! Help! Help!
    Alas, the second roll is not so flash. No offence Wombat, but I kind of hope you fudge yours.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

And thus, the Salterri March.

Here that is.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Here that is.
    Well, I WAS going to edit my actions to finish my War Memorial before marching off to another war, but I guess now I can't do that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Orc in the Playground

I'm gonna need a day before I'm ready to reply in the Summit. Some crap just went down in my house that we all kinda thought we had moved past a long time ago, and I'm a little rattled...
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    I'm gonna need a day before I'm ready to reply in the Summit. Some crap just went down in my house that we all kinda thought we had moved past a long time ago, and I'm a little rattled...
    Never a good thing when that happens. :/ Good luck with it. In case you have a response for me later, I'll wait for it.

Things I'll try to get up tomorrow:
    - New unit loss rules
    - Default battleground determination
    - New Player Tips and Advice
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-19 at 07:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking over the heraldry some of the players have come up with is really interesting. I think Quinton really has a nice style down.

Granted, nearly all of them would be really complicated to say in proper heraldic jargon, but damn, do these look really neat.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Looking over the heraldry some of the players have come up with is really interesting. I think Quinton really has a nice style down.

Granted, nearly all of them would be really complicated to say in proper heraldic jargon, but damn, do these look really neat.
    Well, only the first two on my page were made by me but I appreciate it haha

I had Woodwind's and then I figured I'd make one for the entirety of the Empire that included a little piece of each region's separate herald as they, erm, "joined"

But I agree that I like the variety of heralds and that we have them. They're kinda minor but I feel like they add a lot in terms of imagery to the game.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

I like the looks of it! (Also, is Abyssium going to become Mustard gas? I believe we're supposed to be WWIing it right now)
    Wondered that myself.. scary stuff, right there.

I got a what now? ...

Uh... when he died...?

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    SamBurke, I would ask Morph if you can build units with Plate Armor now. Sanctuary did not confirm, so by the rules, you cannot use that tech atm.
    I sent a PM before you posted, and Morph put it into the Sanctuary NPC actions post. -1 Wood, +Plate Tech.

How would you describe his? Also, I can't seem to get the thing to make it look the way it does in my head, and they end up looking weird because.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

How would you describe his? Also, I can't seem to get the thing to make it look the way it does in my head, and they end up looking weird because.
    Well, this one:
    Spoiler
    Show

is described (per heraldry notation) as a shield parted per pale and per fir twig fess.

And that is considered a simple description of a simple design.

The simplest ones are usually like "Azure cross field or." (Blue cross on golden background. In this instance, the word "or" describes the color gold.) Also note, my translations are usually accurate, but truncated and likely grammatically incorrect.

But, much like my skill with Latin, I am much better at understanding heraldry notation than translating plain English to the lexicon.

But Sam, if you want specific help, I can navigate most heraldry generators fairly well, and translate them well enough that most heraldic scholars would be able to muster out the design. I might be able to design what you want if you give me the plain English* description of what you are looking for.

*Apologies to non-native English speakers, I live in the Arrogant States of America, where our education system has mostly decided that if it isn't English, it isn't worth teaching. Therefore, I can't help you if you give me the plain Dutch** version of your heraldry.

**Example language given.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-03-19 at 09:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    I hope everything works out. Best of luck.

Eh... There are some actual heraldic designs that would be just as annoying. For example, the Temple-Nugent-Brydges-Chandos-Grenville family arms. I mean... That's just crazy.

Well, only the first two on my page were made by me but I appreciate it haha

I had Woodwind's and then I figured I'd make one for the entirety of the Empire that included a little piece of each region's separate herald as they, erm, "joined"
    I thought about doing that with the arms of the Kingdom of Ashenia, but then I realised just how annoying that would get, so I decided against driving myself insane.

Maybe try something simple. Maybe just a plain gold field? It is a rather important colour to the Guilderenes as near as I can tell.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe try something simple. Maybe just a plain gold field? It is a rather important colour to the Guilderenes as near as I can tell.
    All blazons of the Guilderene Expanse contain gold or bronze already.

But I may do that in the future... Simple is best!
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

I thought about doing that with the arms of the Kingdom of Ashenia, but then I realised just how annoying that would get, so I decided against driving myself insane.
    I plan to just do it with the first four that will hopefully compose my GK, then after that colonies (if I get that far and there's enough land left) will have 4 region heraldic groups.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Send units to PAIN and make sure those blasted Salterri leave us alone so we can have titillating conversations at diplomatic events instead of worrying about troop mobilization for a while!
    Mmm... I see how this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    What? "Hurry up and finish the war so we'll have time for tea." You've gone soft Doomkhan! What happened to the blood and thunder? Great vengeance and furious anger! Crush your enemies and see them driven before you! Hear the lamentations of their women!

: P
    Except this is Khan Olwyt. Doomkhan Dyamus? Alas...

Here that is.
    I really like the NPC actions so far.

Interesting.

/steeples fingers

I sent a PM before you posted, and Morph put it into the Sanctuary NPC actions post. -1 Wood, +Plate Tech.
    Sweet. Guilderene Plate Armour incoming; ETA round 10!
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

23. - Top - End - #1163

I can now reveal what I've been spending secret actions on for ages; the Deepflame and now the Deepdart!

*carmina burana o fortuna*
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp... My shoehorned in challenger to the throne of Sulvan has no chance of victory, and would be extremely lucky to tie for second place. Still, I hope he acquitted himself well.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

Alas, the second roll is not so flash. No offence Wombat, but I kind of hope you fudge yours.
    Why you no like Lyradis? Razdis and I are very close. Brothers even.

Never a good thing when that happens. :/ Good luck with it. In case you have a response for me later, I'll wait for it.

Things I'll try to get up tomorrow:
    - New unit loss rules
    - Default battleground determination
    - New Player Tips and Advice
    Unit loss...sounds ominous...

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Mmm... I see how this is going.

I really like the NPC actions so far.

Interesting.

/steeples fingers

Sweet. Guilderene Plate Armour incoming; ETA round 10!
    Your actions in round 7 signed the treaty of awakening...and now Sanctuary is signing again?

I can now reveal what I've been spending secret actions on for ages; the Deepflame and now the Deepdart!

:smallgape: That's awesome! Well done, sir.

Welp... My shoehorned in challenger to the throne of Sulvan has no chance of victory, and would be extremely lucky to tie for second place. Still, I hope he acquitted himself well.
    Yeah, I was doomed from my second roll, as I feared with my first. My only hopes is that a critical helps things.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: I'm sorry Morph, I can't do a Jamaican accent. I just can't.
    Just a little disappointed. ; . ; I was looking forward to hearing all about 'da great monmon' though I like Jamaican culture enough to name on of Vanavati's kids Tafari. And if you know who Tafari is without google, good on you
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice! Everyone's having such great ideas for thus game!
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. Death by touch crystal arrowhead. Awesome!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Your actions in round 7 signed the treaty of awakening...and now Sanctuary is signing again?
    The treaty didn't include the trade, so this is an adjustment I think.

EDIT - It looks like Razdis has won the Swag Camp? :O
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-20 at 09:33 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    The treaty didn't include the trade, so this is an adjustment I think.
    Okay, I'll add it in then (next round).
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-03-20 at 09:00 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic