New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    They haven't been... If you're referring to chief's Fire lances and Cannons those are some of the earliest simple gunpowder weapons ever made and certainly not on par with a flintlock rifle. Now, I still don't know where they came from (a secret action presumably) or what they do for him mechanically but I don't think they sound unreasonable.

Absolutely! The more the merrier!
    We await Arutha's explanation.

When does it start?
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

The ball? It'll be Round 11, so a little ways off. I'm just trying to get it out there now as a thing since conflicting events have occurred before. I'm laying claim to round 11!

Oh yes! I almost forgot! It will also be tied in with the third Nyrothian Weaving Competition which occurs every 10 years. This is the first time it will be open to nations outside the Empire. Not sure if there will be actual competition rolls or just fluff, leaning towards just fluff, but it is a thing that's happening. Should be quite the party.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-31 at 10:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo! Forum's back! Now to adjust to the new layout...

Also, how would people feel about a Grand Ball/Senatorial Opening being held in Round 11 (That's to say, round after next)? Wombat, I know you're the Grand Ball guy and were talking about maybe doing something, would you mind if I picked it up? If so I'll just wrap up my senate project and call it a day, but I thought it could be a RP event and I could take up the torch of hosting the Grand Ball.
    It is worth noting that by then I am very much likely to have a new King as the current one will probably be dead or institutionalised, and the Princess Regent is also getting on in years.
    That said, it should be a fun thing to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Also, Elemental, if you could send some troops? Or anyone? I have a barely superior force and an almost certainly inferior military score, I could really use some help.
    I can't unfortunately. My troops are either over helping out in Hrathan-Tuor or seizing Heartgouger's Tower, thus completing my conquest of that region.

Edit: Oh, and in case anyone remains unaware; Razkai, son of Razkai, Mormaer of Razdis and Elbaraz, has won the Primarch's Throne by right of heritage and combat and is now the sovereign ruler of Sulvan's Fury. Long live the Primarch and may he honour the Paragons.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-31 at 10:37 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Edit: Oh, and in case anyone remains unaware; Razkai, son of Razkai, Mormaer of Razdis and Elbaraz, has won the Primarch's Throne by right of heritage and combat and is now the sovereign ruler of Sulvan's Fury. Long live the Primarch and may he honour the Paragons.
    Ah yes, I forgot to mention that. Thanks for doing so!

I'm keeping all trade agreements the Sulvans had, I'm mainly going to be pilfering sharing their technology and army.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Barbarian in the Playground

The ball? It'll be Round 11, so a little ways off. I'm just trying to get it out there now as a thing since conflicting events have occurred before. I'm laying claim to round 11!
    Barring unforeseen events or diplomatic catastrophes, Näiyop will be attending, although he might drag some younger folk along to do the actual dancing for him A proper meeting with the Ignatos will be long overdue by round 11!

Concerning gunpowder I'd say it fits well as we're slowly advancing towards a renaissance era with ocean faring ships, oversea colonization and even optics. Now if we can just discover some magic this will be a most awesome setting to explore!
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Barring unforeseen events or diplomatic catastrophes, Näiyop will be attending, although he might drag some younger folk along to do the actual dancing for him A proper meeting with the Ignatos will be long overdue by round 11!

Concerning gunpowder I'd say it fits well as we're slowly advancing towards a renaissance era with ocean faring ships, oversea colonization and even optics. Now if we can just discover some magic this will be a most awesome setting to explore!
    Whoo! More people!

I just remembered you were going to do another World's Fair Round 10 at my request Logic, you still can and I'll still attend but if you want to spend your actions elsewhere this coming up round and roll whatever we were going to do there into the Round 11 ball I'd be happy to do that and it would perhaps be more action economical.

Morph, in regards to the battle at Cassia, I presume it's default a Coastal battle right? Considering the nature in which the Salterri are attacking it?

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoo! More people!

I just remembered you were going to do another World's Fair Round 10 at my request Logic, you still can and I'll still attend but if you want to spend your actions elsewhere this coming up round and roll whatever we were going to do there into the Round 11 ball I'd be happy to do that and it would perhaps be more action economical.

Morph, in regards to the battle at Cassia, I presume it's default a Coastal battle right? Considering the nature in which the Salterri are attacking it?
    Well, I was going to host round eleven, but I suppose it could just as well be you.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoo! More people!

Oh, and I did mention a few pages back that during round 12, the Jeweled Cities will be hosting a 50th anniversary party, to celebrate 50 years as a unified kingdom. Arts festivals and technology expos are great, but sometimes you just want to relax and have some fun for a week. I'm still planning on it, provided we are still around.....
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-04-01 at 08:32 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright folks! All my tables are converted! (had to get rid of the resource listings, due to the increased character count of writing tables).

If anyone needs conversions (from old style to new), I can direct you to a nifty site...
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-04-01 at 08:41 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yes! I almost forgot! It will also be tied in with the third Nyrothian Weaving Competition which occurs every 10 years. This is the first time it will be open to nations outside the Empire. Not sure if there will be actual competition rolls or just fluff, leaning towards just fluff, but it is a thing that's happening. Should be quite the party.
    Alright! I'll be in attendance for the ball... dunno about the Weaving Competition. Not sure Guilder has much stake in that right now.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Should be quite the party.
    We shall see...
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Morph! PM coming your way with questions about the Dinosaurs... I'm eager to roll out my program for those guys. Also a question about that project you ahd for me.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-04-01 at 10:47 AM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Well, I was going to host round eleven, but I suppose it could just as well be you.
    Awesome, thaqnks Wombat

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Oh, and I did mention a few pages back that during round 12, the Jeweled Cities will be hosting a 50th anniversary party, to celebrate 50 years as a unified kingdom. Arts festivals and technology expos are great, but sometimes you just want to relax and have some fun for a week. I'm still planning on it, provided we are still around.....
    I didn't mean to step on your toes! I'm sure we'll have diplomatic things needing doing then too so that's all fine.

Alright! I'll be in attendance for the ball... dunno about the Weaving Competition. Not sure Guilder has much stake in that right now.
    The weaving competition is just a thing that's a Nyroth tradition and will likely be just a fun thing for guests to stroll through looking at fine tapestries during the ball/party/event

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    We shall see...
    Surprisingly ominous?

Hey Morph! PM coming your way with questions about the Dinosaurs... I'm eager to roll out my program for those guys. Also a question about that project you ahd for me.
    Dinosaur project. Sounds legit.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Dinosaur project. Sounds legit.
    We'll see... I have high hopes! BLOODFEAST THE EXTREMEINATOR LIVES!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Surprisingly ominous?
    That settles it. Parties are officially channels for Raaneki divination. There is wisdom in wine...
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't mean to step on your toes! I'm sure we'll have diplomatic things needing doing then too so that's all fine.
    You aren't. I just figured if you were going to host something in round 11, I would mention I plan something for round 12. We seem to be having a diplomatic get together every 5 years or so (every round). I suspect that is quite healthy.

I really, really, really, really, really want to see the dwarven delgations on boats.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-04-01 at 12:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really, really, really, really, really want to see the dwarven delgations on boats.
    Then you probably shouldn't have told them 15-20 years in advance... plenty of time to start digging a tunnel
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow... You are handling my old region much better than I was...

19. - Top - End - #1279

You aren't. I just figured if you were going to host something in round 11, I would mention I plan something for round 12. We seem to be having a diplomatic get together every 5 years or so (every round). I suspect that is quite healthy.

Boats? Boats? Is that what those strange floating minecart things are? What do tou mean we can't mine in the sea? Why would anyone go there?

Show

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Just to note to all: I'll be setting up the next thread already, as the new tables have a lot more characters needed. I'll also be gone this whole weekend, and since a new thread might be needed before Sunday, we best get it up before then--especially since Way will also be gone and Wombat is usually less available on weekends. Just continue to post in this thread until it hits page 50 before moving on.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    Boats? Boats? Is that what those strange floating minecart things are? What do tou mean we can't mine in the sea? Why would anyone go there?
    I thought I remembered a lesson on the Razdisi language that clearly implied that the dwarves were aware of the sea. Something about it being inadvisable for mining?
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

22. - Top - End - #1282

Not exactly afraid; more puzzled.So much water and you can't drink or mine it. What is the point! You humans are weird, sailing on it habitually. And Razdis does have ships already, Qarimos ships. We traded for them. However, they are in the wrong ocean entirely to get to the islands.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    Wow... You are handling my old region much better than I was...
    Thanks, I really appreciate that! You really didn't handle it at all so really I'm just trying to springboard ideas off of the work you put into it. I enjoy building on established things.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Just to note to all: I'll be setting up the next thread already, as the new tables have a lot more characters needed. I'll also be gone this whole weekend, and since a new thread might be needed before Sunday, we best get it up before then--especially since Way will also be gone and Wombat is usually less available on weekends. Just continue to post in this thread until it hits page 50 before moving on.
    So round ends tomorrow right? Early tomorrow or late? Also, did you see my question about the battle in Cassia? Is it defaulting to a coastal conflict due to the nature of the sea based attack? (I'm sending troops (mainly for leader bonuses) and I'm curious whether I'll get my winning tactic bonus without rolling since I imagine it would be taking place in the applicable area anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, I really appreciate that! You really didn't handle it at all so really I'm just trying to springboard ideas off of the work you put into it. I enjoy building on established things.
    /pictures the Doomkhan writing fanfiction

So round ends tomorrow right? Early tomorrow or late? Also, did you see my question about the battle in Cassia? Is it defaulting to a coastal conflict due to the nature of the sea based attack? (I'm sending troops (mainly for leader bonuses) and I'm curious whether I'll get my winning tactic bonus without rolling since I imagine it would be taking place in the applicable area anyway.
    Evening for me, so prolly afternoon for you.

And I'd have to double check with the rules, but iirc it'd default to a coastal battle if no tactical maneuvering is made to change the battle scene.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

/pictures the Doomkhan writing fanfiction

Evening for me, so prolly afternoon for you.

And I'd have to double check with the rules, but iirc it'd default to a coastal battle if no tactical maneuvering is made to change the battle scene.
    Hahaha, something like that.

Cool enough, so that means I'll get a bonus for Winning Tactics Coast?

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1286

If so, that'll put the total defense at 37 (15+8+4+2+8).
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-04-01 at 04:00 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

I'll have to think about that for a bit, actually. Like whether you can apply your Winning Tactic to fights you aren't leading (I decided that you can do that, so that two players can cooperate and lead a battle together, one supplying Military score, the other the Winning Tactic) and more importantly whether you can apply your Winning Tactic when your ruler isn't present there at all. I mean, it would make sense that it could apply without them, as the troops themselves will have trained for those tactics, but your ruler is most likely to be with the bulk of your army anyway. Which means that armies they're not leading are small ones, like in this case, where you got 1000 troops alongside, what, 14000 Bordeusi troops? I have to wonder whether they'd make enough of an impact, tactically.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

I'll have to think about that for a bit, actually. Like whether you can apply your Winning Tactic to fights you aren't leading (I decided that you can do that, so that two players can cooperate and lead a battle together, one supplying Military score, the other the Winning Tactic) and more importantly whether you can apply your Winning Tactic when your ruler isn't present there at all. I mean, it would make sense that it could apply without them, as the troops themselves will have trained for those tactics, but your ruler is most likely to be with the bulk of your army anyway. Which means that armies they're not leading are small ones, like in this case, where you got 1000 troops alongside, what, 14000 Bordeusi troops? I have to wonder whether they'd make enough of an impact, tactically.
    Actually, I will be leading it, I'm sending Olwyt to take command over there. High Guildmaster Loki will be leading the PAIN fight and has control over my forces there.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-01 at 05:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming this is the correct thread to request such, could I join the waiting list for the game, please?
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Assuming this is the correct thread to request such, could I join the waiting list for the game, please?
    It is the correct thread and welcome!

Burch, I have +3 adamantine tech for defending and +1 for insects as well for your calculations if you didn't get them in. Also, sorry for my roll if it's the one that's used.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-01 at 06:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show