New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Oh cool. I await eagerly your counter to the accusations that Crimar is nation primarily responsible for the Order of... Umm, the LoF Heresy.
    Really, them doing it at all would be pretty impressive, given that the Order of Fire is a fair bit older than Crima is.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Really, them doing it at all would be pretty impressive, given that the Order of Fire is a fair bit older than Crima is.
    Gyah, I keep misspelling 'Crima'. Well, that's a very interesting tidbit of information. EDIT - My thoughts on our nations is that they're a fair bit older than the game. The Inquisitor seems convinced Umajin hired the assassin of the Blazing Avatar, which seems dodgy at best...
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-06 at 07:45 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Strictly speaking, yes you can! Curiosity 5 action, Assassin's Guild Services. Done.

Anyway, I'll try to get actions up tonight.
    I know we have to either barter for or steal technologies... Would the same thing apply for unique resources like this? On one hand, it makes sense that anyone could train assassins. On the other, it'd be a bummer for a cool resource like that to lose value with something as simple as a Curiosity 5 action.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

I'm betting on my faith score giving my High Priestess divinely bestowed powers once magic is introduced.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Strictly speaking, yes you can! Curiosity 5 action, Assassin's Guild Services. Done.

Anyway, I'll try to get actions up tonight.
    Huzzah! You are still here! If somewhat temporarily!
    Please don't forget to invade Celero... My troops... My poor, poor troops...

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    I'm betting on my faith score giving my High Priestess divinely bestowed powers once magic is introduced.
    It's going to be a long time before we get magic. At least, if things continue on their current path.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jeez, apparently being ill in this game for a couple of days is ill-advised. I've missed seven pages of stuff. What in the world have y'all been doing?
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Jeez, apparently being ill in this game for a couple of days is ill-advised. I've missed seven pages of stuff. What in the world have y'all been doing?
    I haven't done anything but talk about Yphine so... Not much.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I know we have to either barter for or steal technologies... Would the same thing apply for unique resources like this? On one hand, it makes sense that anyone could train assassins. On the other, it'd be a bummer for a cool resource like that to lose value with something as simple as a Curiosity 5 action.
    I was considering starting with a nation like Yorukuni, but couldn't pass up Friendly Giants as an opportunity to try something different. With the original idea I had, I would've started with spies for certain if not assassins themselves.

And poison. Everybody /LOVES/ poison.

Though Hrathan and Tuor already started with assassins and basilisk poisons. So... I would have been ripping off someone else.

Just more reason to make Friendly Giants.

Unfortunately, it means working toward my usual playstyle and enslaving the Friendly Giants with an unintentional effect the Yorukunin Aura has... is not going to be smooth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    Please don't forget to invade Celero... My troops... My poor, poor troops...

It's going to be a long time before we get magic. At least, if things continue on their current path.
    To think I'm your friend OOC. You poor, poor guy. You have such faithful, wonderful friend in me. I hope your troops pull through Elementium!

Definitely, though I think HisHolyAngel is also thinking in the long term as well. Hmm, I'm also thinking in the longterm actually, what with my plans to found a religion and all. To be fair, it would've happened last ruler if not for lots of super-weird stuff going on.

\I hope I'm not interrupted so much this time! Especially with Night and Song starting rumours about the Artist being more than just legend...\

Nooo, you're going to hate me.

Remember how I was trying to talk to Guilder last round and this round? Yeah... Umm, the talk with Guilder is looking good. Just waiting for a couple more signatures before I publish the treaty.

Speaking of which, SamBurke I hope one of your actions is available 「I suppose next round if not this one」 to also do the treaty-thing otherwise I'm going to look a bit silly.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Alright, edited my actions in response to some changes.

I am very sorry about my bout of rage yesterday. It was spiteful and very uncalled for. I understand if some people might think I acted indignant or whiney, my life's just very screwy right now, and some of the things that happened just hit a.... sore note. Again, I apologize.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, THE DUKE REALLY WANTS TO DEFEND HIS HOME.

Gaht Dayum
    I can hardly cast stones considering my own reaction earlier in the week. No worries pal, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Apology accepted and I'm looking forward to playing with you more here

I believe the table is updated unless someone has posted in the long lull I've been on the draft page of this post due to a phone call. (Which is highly possible)

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

10. - Top - End - #190

I

Nooo, you're going to hate me.

Remember how I was trying to talk to Guilder last round and this round? Yeah... Umm, the talk with Guilder is looking good. Just waiting for a couple more signatures before I publish the treaty.

Speaking of which, SamBurke I hope one of your actions is available 「I suppose next round if not this one」 to also do the treaty-thing otherwise I'm going to look a bit silly.
    So... Negotiation with Guilder looks good, so you're breaking with the UN and NB, yes? Well, that's a shame. Probably spells the end for us, since every ally is critical.

Also- Blade, you are leaving correct? I'm sorry to see you go, man.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    I can hardly cast stones considering my own reaction earlier in the week. No worries pal, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Apology accepted and I'm looking forward to playing with you more here
    I also am glad you're feeling better and would like to apologize for my own poor communication.

Any games of this nature I've played involve either Skype calls or in person stuff so I'm having a hard time keeping track who I've sent PMs about what and bleh.

So... Negotiation with Guilder looks good, so you're breaking with the UN and NB, yes? Well, that's a shame. Probably spells the end for us, since every ally is critical.

Also- Blade, you are leaving correct? I'm sorry to see you go, man.
    Yerp, though I didn't really know the UN and the NB was canon and IC. I was kinda left out of the loop except your PMs.

If you're available to chat we should talk about your secret action last round. We had a minor misunderstanding!

12. - Top - End - #192

I also am glad you're feeling better and would like to apologize for my own poor communication.

Any games of this nature I've played involve either Skype calls or in person stuff so I'm having a hard time keeping track who I've sent PMs about what and bleh.

Yerp, though I didn't really know the UN and the NB was canon and IC. I was kinda left out of the loop except your PMs.

If you're available to chat we should talk about your secret action last round. We had a minor misunderstanding!
    Sure, if it can be squeezed into the next hour or so. Otherwise, this conversation will have to be continued... Some time Saturday, I think. Friday is way too busy to have a conversation.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, if it can be squeezed into the next hour or so. Otherwise, this conversation will have to be continued... Some time Saturday, I think. Friday is way too busy to have a conversation.
    If you have Skype and feel it would be quicker, I can message you my details.

EDIT - It shouldn't take long.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-06 at 09:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

You would be amazed at the amount of stuff that's going on. Truly, this war is a mark of the upcoming apocalypse.
    Or, at the very least, it's going to severely depopulate a number of countries and cause economic disruption for a generation or two.

And poison. Everybody /LOVES/ poison.

To think I'm your friend OOC. You poor, poor guy. You have such faithful, wonderful friend in me. I hope your troops pull through Elementium!
    Meh... Poison grows on trees.

I hope they do too. In any case, I fully suspect a climactic battle on the plains of Celero (Does Celero have plains?) that will determine the outcome of this war, no matter the events in the East.
    Oh well... This is what I get for starting on the opposite side of the map to you.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, had a super busy day today and I have another one tomorrow but I'm going to try and catch up on comments for today's activities.

Comment the First: Assassins!? *Gasp*! Who knew there were assassins about!?

Comment the First Addendum - Assassins as a Resource: Okay, so I was thinking maybe assassins can be established as a resource but given their nature perhaps older guilds are better at doing the job? That way assassins can come available to everyone should they wish to develop them, but the man with the original plan always keeps a slight edge over the upstart guilds. Thoughts?

As for the mechanics of it? I have no idea, seems to fall under Military and Luck, maybe a roll with half of each added to it for both the assassination and avoiding said assassination? No clue.

Comment Blade: Really sorry to see you go man! I feel like our nations were the evil opposites (Evil being relative to each side of course haha) from the same historic people and our conflict was great. Not to mention you're a great player and I don't like to lose those. Sorry finances are getting tight on you, hope it pulls out quick man.

Comment Multi-National Combat Losses: The most realistic thing I think has already been proposed, a proportion based system based on the amount of troops there. Yeah, it may make allies shy away from throwing in too many, but that's how real war would be as well. You gotta weigh your options, sometimes going all in is what you have to do, other times you aren't willing to be so ballsy.

Comment The Heartwastes & C'Nor I think your country's invasion is being cancelled (*cool action hero voice* "This apocalypse is cancelled") so I think you ought to be able to live there. Considering the stink it caused to invade it I don't think anyone will be too eager to again.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Only works if there are robots, Quinton.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #197

So, if no one is invading the HW... Then wouldn't the whole recent conflict be averted? Assuming that actions are not canon until the start of the next round, basically half the worlds actions are in response to something that never actually happened. Unless, of course, I'm wrong about how actions work in canon.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

So, if no one is invading the HW... Then wouldn't the whole recent conflict be averted? Assuming that actions are not canon until the start of the next round, basically half the worlds actions are in response to something that never actually happened. Unless, of course, I'm wrong about how actions work in canon.
    Shhhhhhhhh

Stop treading on my WW I reenactment fantasies.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

If this is correct, and the invasion of the Heartwaste isn't happening as previously thought, then this conflict has no cause.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

You would be amazed at the amount of stuff that's going on. Truly, this war is a mark of the upcoming apocalypse.
    Or, at the very least, it's going to severely depopulate a number of countries and cause economic disruption for a generation or two.

I hope they do too. In any case, I fully suspect a climactic battle on the plains of Celero (Does Celero have plains?) that will determine the outcome of this war, no matter the events in the East.
    Oh well... This is what I get for starting on the opposite side of the map to you.
    Hurray, apocal... It's a bad thing? Oh um... \yay apocalypse\

Only some of it. Some of it is also found in rocks, on the ground, in the river, on a plane, in the desert, in an animal, on an animal, in your drinks... Umm... Hopefully you don't intend on drinking that...

It will be only the most climactic battle of climactic battles yet seen in EMPIRE!

This is also what I get for not dropping everything and putting my region next to your region when I realized. But then I would've also had to have noticed before all of the regions were taken...

I was considering going on the waiting list for a region near you, but I wanted to play. Besides, as long as you don't take your destroying my empire too personally everything is well and good in the world. Wait...

Okay, had a super busy day today and I have another one tomorrow but I'm going to try and catch up on comments for today's activities.

Comment the First: Assassins!? *Gasp*! Who knew there were assassins about!?

Comment the First Addendum - Assassins as a Resource: Okay, so I was thinking maybe assassins can be established as a resource but given their nature perhaps older guilds are better at doing the job? That way assassins can come available to everyone should they wish to develop them, but the man with the original plan always keeps a slight edge over the upstart guilds. Thoughts?

As for the mechanics of it? I have no idea, seems to fall under Military and Luck, maybe a roll with half of each added to it for both the assassination and avoiding said assassination? No clue.

Comment Blade: Really sorry to see you go man! I feel like our nations were the evil opposites (Evil being relative to each side of course haha) from the same historic people and our conflict was great. Not to mention you're a great player and I don't like to lose those. Sorry finances are getting tight on you, hope it pulls out quick man.

Comment Multi-National Combat Losses: The most realistic thing I think has already been proposed, a proportion based system based on the amount of troops there. Yeah, it may make allies shy away from throwing in too many, but that's how real war would be as well. You gotta weigh your options, sometimes going all in is what you have to do, other times you aren't willing to be so ballsy.

Comment The Heartwastes & C'Nor I think your country's invasion is being cancelled (*cool action hero voice* "This apocalypse is cancelled") so I think you ought to be able to live there. Considering the stink it caused to invade it I don't think anyone will be too eager to again.
    Comment on comment the First - I knew! I am still quite jealous, though I didn't make my jealousy clear the first time it was discussed.

Comment on comment the Assassins - I don't want to be 'that guy', so I will leave establishing the Yorukunin Assassins for either a while or simply leave it alone indefinitely.

I think splitting modifiers is a little too complex, but I agree with Military or something being the defense modifier. As long as the defense modifier isn't Luck because Luck is not reliably raised whereas the other four stats are. In fact, instead of half, since it is supposed to be difficult maybe adding the full Military and Luck is an idea since assassinations are really supposed to be difficult. I think uncovering an assassin seems more Curiosity to me, but they do both make sense. It could even be argued that Diplomacy is relevant as well...

Comment on comment the Combat Losses - Agreed entirely and I was under the impression that was already the case though the results split units though rounding up or down is certainly fairly simple.

Comment on comment the HW & C'Nor - Now, that's not to say Heartwaste is going to be incredibly annoyed at what I did. If I were in their shoes, I certainly would be.

Also, there is still a lot of war happening. Who said the apocalypse was cancelled? Why wasn't I notified?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Only works if there are robots, Quinton.
    Robots? Ahh, my br... I don't... Wh...

No actually. I'm treating my promise of helping Sympolemou as canon, and the entire war as canon and if everyone else changes their actions I'll treat it as canon still and still have to apologize to Kasumor. In fact, one of my fluff things this round is the High Prince Yuuhi himself arriving in Kasumor to kneel before the Eienguard in an official apology.

Also, the Grand Coalition did attack Heartwaste last round and slaughtered two thousand people. So the war is very valid!

That's /really/ going to hurt his pride lemme tell you.

I'm thinking my secret-action-fluff-year will have that going on but I have no idea how Nyallana would react so it'll probably be reflections on it.

I also still don't know whether Kynvessa is peeved enough at High Prince Yuuhi's actions to leave him or not. I know that the son I rolled for this round is not being born because she's not likely to want to talk to him at all as it is...

EDIT
    Shhhhhhhhh
    If this is correct, and the invasion of the Heartwaste isn't happening as previously thought, then this conflict has no cause.
    Yeah shh. I realize my posts are very long, so I'll leave this here.

Heartwaste was being invaded last turn still, so your righteous fury is more than justified for certain! Also, you can always pretend word of the Grand Coalition's withdrawal of the final action required to fully conquer Heartwaste didn't reach you in time for sure.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-06 at 10:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. Only in the west, near the border with Crima and Ashenia. By the way, I'm thinking about putting up a fence. I gotta keep those dogs off of my lawn!
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-03-06 at 10:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I have an equal to or better Luck/Military score, I think the (60? Late 50's? I have to double check) Duke of Sympolemou just went Master Splinter on that Ezio wannabe and kicked him out.

Incoming Fluff Post describing the failed assassination.

Dis gun be good.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as I suspected. Guilder's invasion of the Heartwaste appears to have been cancelled. Sorry Tychris, but I'm not too fond of a WWI re-enactment if there's nothing to at least pretend to get warlike about.

Hurray, apocal... It's a bad thing? Oh um... \yay apocalypse\

Only some of it. Some of it is also found in rocks, on the ground, in the river, on a plane, in the desert, in an animal, on an animal, in your drinks... Umm... Hopefully you don't intend on drinking that...

It will be only the most climactic battle of climactic battles yet seen in EMPIRE!

This is also what I get for not dropping everything and putting my region next to your region when I realized. But then I would've also had to have noticed before all of the regions were taken...

I was considering going on the waiting list for a region near you, but I wanted to play. Besides, as long as you don't take your destroying my empire too personally everything is well and good in the world. Wait...
    So under, next to, around, in the general vicinity of, on the same planet as... Still near trees.

Well... There haven't been any battles I consider climactic yet...

It's okay. The distance prevents us from conspiring to play everyone against each other to fulfil our own expansionist desires.

Yeah shh. I realize my posts are very long, so I'll leave this here.

Heartwaste was being invaded last turn still, so your righteous fury is more than justified for certain! Also, you can always pretend word of the Grand Coalition's withdrawal of the final action required to fully conquer Heartwaste didn't reach you in time for sure.
    Yeah... Except Ashenia needs to pretend to have righteous fury about these things. No offence, but Ashenites don't care about much further east than Celero. As for pretending word didn't reach us, the rounds are five years long. It doesn't take that long for word to spread.
    In any case, it appears the initial reason for war appears to have been resolved diplomatically. As Ashenia wasn't going to actually get anything out of this as we didn't want anything, we might as well stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Yes. Only in the west, near the border with Crima and Ashenia. By the way, I'm thinking about putting up a fence. I gotta keep those dogs off of my lawn!
    Oh dear... Is Andust going blind? Those are horses on your lawn.
    Still, at this rate, said battle will probably be cancelled and replaced with a very uneasy peace.

Anyway... As said: War between the Union of the Northwest and the Grand Coalition will probably be cancelled. Apologies to everyone for ruining the party, but it appears we may end up with no invitation.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Just as I suspected. Guilder's invasion of the Heartwaste appears to have been cancelled. Sorry Tychris, but I'm not too fond of a WWI re-enactment if there's nothing to at least pretend to get warlike about.

So under, next to, around, in the general vicinity of, on the same planet as... Still near trees.

It's okay. The distance prevents us from conspiring to play everyone against each other to fulfil our own expansionist desires.

Yeah... Except Ashenia needs to pretend to have righteous fury about these things. No offence, but Ashenites don't care about much further east than Celero. As for pretending word didn't reach us, the rounds are five years long. It doesn't take that long for word to spread.
    In any case, it appears the initial reason for war appears to have been resolved diplomatically. As Ashenia wasn't going to actually get anything out of this as we didn't want anything, we might as well stay home.

Still, at this rate, said battle will probably be cancelled and replaced with a very uneasy peace.

Anyway... As said: War between the Union of the Northwest and the Grand Coalition will probably be cancelled. Apologies to everyone for ruining the party, but it appears we may end up with no invitation.
    You don't care about further West but if the HW isn't being attacked you'd pull out? Does not compute. Besides, I thought this was about the GC expanding and you guys being upset that we were getting land at about equal rate as you guys subjugating free people?

I mean, after all this I'm not sure the war can be cancelled. Obviously the actions can change but with cards laid out like this and it having been so for the better half of the week there really isn't any hope of peace. We'd had a cold war, but that's been shattered now. Willingness to invade has been shown, hard to just not respond to that. Perhaps this diplomacy should have happened before marching (think before you act and all that) I just don't know. Like I said, obviously actions could be changed but at this point any hope of returning to the status quo is shaky at best.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-06 at 10:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Plus, I want to see some world shaking big punch out battles here! Some Ragnarok level **** with oceans of bodies clashing against each other, lightning roaring in the sky, and shields smashing against one another in bloody and gritty combat. Full Plate Rats, Elves, Flying Insect Riders, and hell Air Balloon Goblins are all pretty freaking awesome.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Plus, I want to see some world shaking big punch out battles here! Some Ragnarok level **** with oceans of bodies clashing against each other, lightning roaring in the sky, and shields smashing against one another in bloody and gritty combat. Full Plate Rats, Elves, Flying Insect Riders, and hell Air Balloon Goblins are all pretty freaking awesome.
    The epicness is also a factor haha

But again, an air of discontent between our alliances was one thing, a clear showing of willingness to march is another.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't care about further West but if the HW isn't being attacked you'd pull out? Does not compute. Besides, I thought this was about the GC expanding and you guys being upset that we were getting land at about equal rate as you guys subjugating free people?

I mean, after all this I'm not sure the war can be cancelled. Obviously the actions can change but with cards laid out like this and it having been so for the better half of the week there really isn't any hope of peace. We'd had a cold war, but that's been shattered now. Willingness to invade has been shown, hard to just not respond to that. Perhaps this diplomacy should have happened before marching (think before you act and all that) I just don't know. Like I said, obviously actions could be changed but at this point any hope of returning to the status quo is shaky at best.
    This whole thing is a tangle of alliances being pulled at. The Union of the Northwest has no alliance with the Heartwaste (excepting a marriage involving Ashenia, but that came with no guarantees), but we had one behind the scenes with Tekorva/Sanctuary that pulled us into being an unspoken ally with the Nightmare Bond which includes the Heartwaste. When Sympolemou went to war, we did also because we fully expected Tekorva/Sanctuary to march with us. They didn't, but we were annoyed enough with them to desire the crushing of their nation in retribution, which we'd need to cross the GC to get to.
    In any case, our war with the GC was more about weakening that alliance and hopefully splintering it, and maybe getting concessions and tribute. I can't speak for Crima and Bordeux, but Ashenia really doesn't want your land, and we don't want a war either. If Ashenia cared, we'd have denounced you guys for invading Aloren, Nyroth and Zargrim.

Clearly things cannot go back to the way they were. That would be very unlikely, and if you want to invade us even if we choose not to march into Celero, very well, that's your prerogative, and I would not be surprised if you chose to do so.
    War was, unfortunately, inevitable, I'd just prefer to wait before enacting it. And alas, it's probably still going to go ahead despite my very strong desires to not continue it. My hopes at this point hinge primarily on the unlikelihood that my associates in the UN agree to pull back, and if that doesn't work, on the battle in Western Celero being the most climactic in history, decimating the troops of both sides and bringing an end to fighting on the western front as both sides choose not to advance, resulting in a stalemate and return to the thin ice of cold war.

Edit: Oh dear heavens... It is a WWI analogue...
    No one develop trench warfare, I beg of you! That'll drag things out interminably until the internal combustion engine is developed, and that's centuries away.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-06 at 11:11 PM.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    That was one of the coolest quotes in the trailer.

Incoming Fluff Post describing the failed assassination.
    Curious, where are the official mechanics on the assassins? I must've missed where Morph posted how defense works.

Still near, but not always growing on. Hmm, though maybe poison always grows on trees depending on your definition of /trees/ themselves. I also do realize you didn't say poison always grows on trees. I just took the opportunity to be a git way too far.

Me neither, but this one looks to be. Maybe...

That's probably for the best. You know how I usually play games... It would end well. It would not end well.

He probably is going blind by this point you know. It amuses me that a lot of rulers are growing old at the same time just as it amused me that a lot of rulers started at around the same age.

The epicness is also a factor haha

But again, an air of discontent between our alliances was one thing, a clear showing of willingness to march is another.
    Absolutely. /doublethumbsup

The Union of the Northwest has no alliance with the Heartwaste (excepting a marriage involving Ashenia, but that came with no guarantees), but we had one behind the scenes with Sanctuary that pulled us into being an unspoken alliance with the Nightmare Bond which includes the Heartwaste.
    I don't know quite how I seem to be able to confuse everyone, but I had entered no alliance with the UN yet. I thought your attack was because the Grand Coalition was being very conquer-happy as well.

I'm not confused at all, but a little perplexed.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know quite how I seem to be able to confuse everyone, but I had entered no alliance with the UN yet. I thought your attack was because the Grand Coalition was being very conquer-happy as well.

I'm not confused at all, but a little perplexed.
    You ignore the fact, which I am totally aware of, that you arranged everything. Which is why Tekorva/Sanctuary's betrayal is so damning.

But this is probably going to descend into out-of-character bickering, so I'll stop there.

Dragons!