New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!][IC] Cantus Sai 「366」

Rogar grinned at the Yorukuninin and his party. “Of course I understand. We do have art and religious objects, and in the letter it said you would accommodate our… exhibits.” When the Yorukuninin mentioned his father, that grin went away. “My father is well, but could not attend. He did request that I and the captain-” gesturing at Captian Godel “ and I be allowed to speak with the high prince. In person, and in private, if at all possible” the prince smiled again. He knew that today would be interesting, at least to learn of other religions. and to see the reaction of the crown prince. That would be glorious.
    Godel stiffened at the mention of his name. Not that he could have been any stiffer, after the cold, the prince, and the appearance of the dignitary. When he had seen the guard and his platemail his mind had gone through two of the three questions that were known in the RMIC, jokingly of course, as the Holy Three. What is it? Who made it? Can we make it better? He stopped himself before he finished not because of the fact that he had gone through this inquiry many times in the past, but because the prince had mentioned his name. And when the prince had finished, Godel was all the more aware that he was supposed to protect the Prince second, and The Book first. By the Holy Fire, this would be a long night.
    Vliinmeg heard the Yorukuninins song and knew that it would be interesting to see how he would react. The air caste was devoted to exploration, and to feel the hint of fear, the deference, and most of all, the anticipation coming from the Yorukuninin. Then he heard the song of Captain Godel, and was intrigued, as he always was, when the Captain struggled with himself. But Vliinmeg had his orders, and heard the air sing, and the cold sing, and the light sing. Oh, how the Symphony was glorious, and how much he pitied those who could never hear it. But then, that was part of why he was here. After all, to hear song from all over the world would be so amazing, even if he was the only one who heard.
    Last edited by Arutha; 2014-03-11 at 04:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    A large man in a white robe tied at the waist with a blue cloth belt strode purposefully toward the newcomers.
    The young man looks towards Akira Shirokinu as he approaches, then smiles politely after he finished. Slowly and with a heavy yet sonorous accent he answers "No apology is needed. We are here for the first time. I am Näiyop an Kal, this is my sister Ania. Please allow my sister speak for me. I still lack much..." he pauses shortly, unsure how to phrase this most appropriately, then smiles again "... wordiness". As he finishes, the woman answers Akira's question "We are not familiar with the name Fadoken, but you are correct, we hail from the frozen wastes in in the north. I would be happy to tell you about the less desolate places there. I will not mention it to your sister if you think this best, if you could share her name. But may we inquire why this would cause her distress?".

Ania pauses for a moment and Näiyop uses the opportunity to remind her of something she seems to have forgot, then winks at the third Na'nuk that is standing behind them, talking to Lady Lomadi. The man hands him the box he's been carrying since they entered, before returning to their conversation. Ania tries to mask her embarrassment as she asks Akira "Before I can tell you about our lands, I have to ask a favor. We brought a piece of Art from home, to contribute to the exhibition and as a gift. Would you kindly tell us who we may present it to?"
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

By the light of the evening sun, the Tekorvanin who lingered outdoors stopped to curiously watch the sky. The closer the party from the Hurosha Empire came to the simple stone pillar a short way outside the Gates of Aes Shinchuu the more the crowd grew. A barely audible gasp came from the gathered as the large foreign insect alighted delicately atop the pillar.

「Party: Hurosha Empire」

Shortly after the crowd had dispersed, a small group of Scouts were approached by those of the Hurosha Empire. At the Eienguard's words, one of the Scouts attempted to subtly adjust their robe over their hips. ((OOC - Sorry! I could not resist. :P))

"I see you for the first time." the Scout who seemed in charge was on the ground in a bow with the rest of his group before Nyallana could finish her sentence. In the distance, a large figure is seen approaching them, what little sunlight was left glinting off of his full plate armour.

At Nyallana's signal, the lead Scout continued in the most respectful Formal Speech he could muster, "Alongside this young gentleman here, a Bushi has been elected to accompany you throughout the event if you so desire." The heavily armoured figure crosses his arm across his chest and places his fist over his right shoulder and bows awkwardly as he stops a good distance away from the Eienguard. A long, elegant blade with a slight curve in a simple black scabbard was clearly visible at his right hip.
    "My apologies, sir. I see you aswell for the first time. I am Eienguard Nyllana Earthguard, hailing from the Hurosha Empire, formerly known as Kasumor. This is Eleljak, Ambasadeur of Zargrim and his wife, Paryna Earthguard, my daughter."
    Eleljak and Paryna made a small polite bow and courtsy respectivelly.

She noticed the females in the group of Scouts.
    "Oh, forgive my rudeness, I did not see there were also women in the guard. My mistake." (OOC: I'll wing it, no sweat on forehead!)

Nyllana turned towards the armored figure.
    "Prowess to you, warrior. I see you for the first time aswell. May I be so straightforward to ask you your name?"
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

4. - Top - End - #34

An old man, grizzled with age, walks slowly into the hall. Leaning heavily on a cane, ho looks weighed down by the cares of the world. Five guards, veterans like himself, stride behind him, keeping a respectful fistance.

In a voice raw with age and disuse, the Lord David Bordeux gestures with his intricately carved cane at the nearest Yorokunin. I seek three, sir: The Emperor Olwyt, the Lord Ujval, and the High Priestess Fabula. Do you know of them, young one?

Spoiler: OOC for Zap
    Show
    Can we perhaps stage our trade talks before you have to leave the hall, or perhaps in a private chamber outside the festival?

Spoiler: OOC for HisHolyAngel
    Show
    Did I get you leader's name right? I was going by context in this thread. Also, care to discuss trade and religion?
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-11 at 05:42 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    「Fabula: Sycia」

A gentle chattering of metal on metal is heard as the footsteps come to a halt a respectful distance from the High Priestess just as she speaks of the poor manners of Sanctuary. After having told the youth in front of her exactly what she thought of him, she turned to face another being the same size as the buffoon she was most recently greeted by. Somehow the newcomer seemed larger and more dignified, even as he bowed with grace. Clad entirely in black, with an ornate cowl covering much of his face he would seem like any other Yorukuninin present if not for his immense size.

The pair of long chains rattled at his wrists as he rose. Unlike a prisoner's, one end of either chain was left to hang at his sides. A third chain acted as a very loose belt for his coat.

"Indeed, the 'Lord' of this town has come to greet you as is proper. For I am Aristocrat Ameshi Kouri, the 'Lord' of Aes Shinchuu, where we currently have gathered to appreciate fine art." his voice was authorative, his stance tall as he gestures kindly toward Fabula, "and your name?"

「Lorelle and Scale: Sycia」

Where a moment before there was pain, now there was nothing, not even a sign of intelligence. Slowly she scanned the crowd with unseeing eyes. As she stood up she never seemed to register the small trickle of blood that now fell from one corner of her mouth. Standing, she strides toward the main entrance.

A few of the surrounding Tekorvanin stole glances at her yet did nothing. One of the Tekorvanin standing near Scale looked ready to run after her, but as he opened his mouth to at least warn someone a Yorukuninin lightly touched him on the shoulder. The Tekorvanin's eyes became slightly vacant as he turned to admire the fossil of some small, long forgotten crustacean.

Lorelle may notice a slight tightening of Scale's grip as he closes his eyes and gasps briefly. Perhaps she may also notice his upper canines seemed slightly larger than normal in that brief instant before he opened his strangely dark eyes and shivered one... twice...

A cold falls over them no more than a few seconds after Scale began to react strangely. Could this chill be perhaps...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    An old man, grizzled with age, walks slowly into the hall. Leaning heavily on a cane, ho looks weighed down by the cares of the world. Five guards, veterans like himself, stride behind him, keeping a respectful fistance.

In a voice raw with age and disuse, the Lord David Bordeux gestures with his intricately carved cane at the nearest Yorokunin. I seek three, sir: The Emperor Olwyt, the Lord Ujval, and the High Priestess Lorelle. Do you know of them, young one?

Show
    Can we perhaps stage our trade talks before you have to leave the hall, or perhaps in a private chamber outside the festival?

Show
    Did I get you leader's name right? I was going by context in this thread. Also, care to discuss trade and religion?
    Fabula

Fabula opens her mouth to speak, but as she does, one of her head priests returned, and popped out from behind her, quickly speaking over her.
    "She is the Fabula, Bearer of the Rod, High Priestess of the Chosen People, Guide to the Sacred Land, and the Hand and Voice of Yphine, Goddess of the Frost and Bringer of the Eternal Winter."
    Fabula nods, face plain, though inside she is annoyed.

Spoiler: OOC for Burch
    Show
    You mean Fabula. Lorelle is merely a diplomat. And absolutely!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Show
    After the debacles and surprises of the evening had calmed down, the Raaneki found lodging for the night.

"Vengeance!" Cried Bhavi, a woman with burtn orange skin and particularly aggressive red tattoos.

"It is not the way of the Raaneki to meet ignorance with violence," said Lord Ujval. "Nor is it the way of the Raaneki to rail so long against the wishes of Lady and Lord. We are not welcome. We will return to our loved ones wiser of the outside world."

With a somber air not often found among a gathering of the Painted Folk, they began to plan the details of their journey home. Lady and Lord would travel on their berundas, of course, but they would stick with the caravan in case their arts had offended Sanctuary more deeply than they realized.

Spoiler: OOC, particularly for Lord_Burch and QuintonBeck
    Show
    Raaneka will be staying overnight in a space that is both thematically appropriate and private enough for trade deals. Feel free to initiate a conversation that would happen later on in the evening.

For everyone else, I've got one stack of Raaneki Heartwine up for grabs. Let me know if you're interested!
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-11 at 06:32 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

「Olwyt: Ignato Empire」

A surprisingly short time later...

"Indeed, this treaty looks to be in order. Was there anything else you wished to discuss?" Sakuranbo was a little surprised at how swift and straightforward the negotiations had seemed to her. The Emperor of the Ignato Empire certainly had his head on his shoulders.

「Syana: Ignato Empire」

The Tekorvanin opened his mouth to protest before a scantily clad Yorukuninin lady with elegant, deep red-purple Hanseiyoku appeared.

"Perhaps you should go with him?"

With that, she strode off in the same direction as Garuntha had gone. The Tekorvanin glanced down at Syana, waiting for a response. After all, he was not supposed to leave either of them on their own though they were of course free to do as they wished.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I don't know how old Syana and Garuntha are 「I should've looked that up」, but regardless the Yorukuninin do get up to cloak and dagger type stuff, which is why there's someone supervising them.

「Party: Pryonia」

Shadou Elysius smiled briefly in return to Rogar's own smile, "Indeed. We have set up a frame and some specially treated leathers to accomodate your fiery displays. It is a shame that your father was unable to attend. I do not think it likely you could see High Prince Yuuhi..." Shadou looked around to ensure there were no ears around which may hear what they were not supposed to before whispering to Rogar.
    Spoiler: The Pryonians only - lowered voices
    Show
    "...publicly. He has had to leave the main event briefly to attend to some matters. We can arrange for you to meet with him where he is currently, as he is simply awaiting me to finish what he must do. Be aware however that he may not be able to meet with you. Furthermore, he does not speak the same language as you do."

Show
    I haven't sent an Aristocrat to greet Pryonia at the Hall as Shadou Elysius himself accompanied them in before excusing himself and leaving to deal with other matters in the Hall.

Also, some things in your post confuses me. Who's reacting to who, what? That's about it.

Yorukunin deference? Heehee. 「They're very arrogant」

「Party: Wenyavuk」

Slightly irritated at the newcomer turning his back on him briefly to persue another conversation, Shirokinu waited patiently for him to finish.

Smiling, Shirokinu understandingly nods and listens intently to Ania's words. "A very, very long time ago our allies used to use the lands you now call... ehmm..." despite many years of acting as a diplomat on occasion he was still not very good at it. Having noted the newcomers didn't in fact call their lands anything he continues, "They used to be part of a trading route with very close allies of our past, but we have heard nothing from them for centuries. In fact, we have new news at all of them since before the First Year of the Standard Calendar. Is there perhaps..." Shirokinu falters slightly. Though centuries had passed and Tekorvan lives were short, many of the Tekorvanin were still feeling the loss of the aforementioned allies.

"It would be appreciated greatly. Her name is Akira Sakuranbo. Of course, you would want to address her as 'Aristocrat Akira' as you would address me. I hope this isn't too confusing. Already, some foreign emissaries have found this to be so." Shirokinu scratched the back of his neck a little awkwardly as he kept his eyes lowered as was polite, "These allies... We currently call them the Lost and it is a sore point of discussion around here. My sister enjoys studying history of Tekorva, so..."

At the question of art display, Akira Shirokinu relaxes a little. "Well, the Yorukuninin were not expecting you though an invitation must have reached you. We did have some spare places set up throughout the Hall for some unexpected displays of art. Would you wish to display yours or would you wish to keep it private? The High Prince usually would never speak with those from a foreign country, but he has expressed the desire to publicly receive gifts personally if any nation wishes to make a big show of giving them."

Shirokinu looks a little uncomfortable before gesturing to the Na'nuk lady and leaning in so they could hear him better.

Spoiler: Ani and Na'nuk with keen hearing only - whisper
    Show
    "However, someone will inspect your gift beforehand to ensure it is safe I am afraid. If you wish, I could do it so you don't have to deal with the Yorukuninin. They are... not always... Anyway, another thing. High Prince Yuuhi only speaks the High Speech of Te... Sanctuary. If you have decided already what you would say or if you would not say anything at all, you don't have to deal with a translator at all."

Show
    Don't mind Shirokinu. He's easily offended, but keeps it all on the inside. He also never holds grudges and likely will have already forgotten about it.

The Scout listened intently to Nyallana's words and returned the bow from the strange little creatures at her side. Indeed, the Allies of Sanctuary were fascinating and diverse.

The majority of the lady Scouts blushed prettily and gestured that it was alright and no harm was done toward Nyallana.

"Prowess to you also." the Bushi said awkwardly in the most formal tones and language he could muster. "My name is Kaaba Zirvad."

「Lord David Bordeux: Bordeux」

To have been treated as one would have a commoner was something that set his teeth on edge. Fanning his small Hanseiyoku, he replied respectfully so that this newcomer would not be upset.
    "Indeed. Those you seek are unknown to me."

Snapping his fingers, the Yorukuninin whispered directions to one of the nearby houses in the Tekorvanin's ears and gestured for her to guide the stranger away. Turning back to examine the water feature he tried to focus more on the gentle sounds of water over rocks rather than his irritable thoughts.

Show
    The Tekorvanin will take you to the house where there are currently the Princess Regent Idrissa of Ashenia and Emperor Olwyt of the Ignato Empire. That is, unless your Lord does something other than follow her.

"Ah, my sincerest apologies for not showing the respect you are perhaps used to. I have not heard of you, your lands or your goddess before." the Tekorvanin in black who claimed to be Ameshi Kouri responded.

「Miscellaneous OOC」
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, well considering the High Prince is ultimately going to decide to deal with Raaneka's actions at a later date you can just go to one of the houses where you were supposed to be staying anyway. So like, make it as colourful and Raaneki as you desire.

Do you mind if Akira Shirokinu enters your conversation Zap Dynamic and Aspi?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-11 at 08:27 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    "Captain Jonas!" Lord Ujval exclaimed, parting from the group and embracing the old Islander. He had not seen the captain since Lord Ujval was a boy, but he had many fond memories of his stories and antics. He pulled his robes tighter against the cold outside the hall. "Alas, it is too chilly in there for the Raaneki. Cantus Sai may be an arts festival, but this is no atmosphere for revelry."

He opened his mouth to continue, but stopped as soon he noticed Amber's gaze. It had been his parents' decision to allow Evelyn to stay among the Raaneki, but he and Lomadi were now Lord and Lady of Raaneka. By not banishing Evelyn, he implicitly condoned her presence.
    Jonas embraced the man. He always liked the Raaneki. Even their sovreigns were friendly. "Lord Ujval, well met. I too have missed you and your people. Though the wine traders who frequent our shores bring tales of your lands that gladden our hearts." It was then that Jonas noticed Ujval's distraction. He stood aside to allow the man to talk to his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    "Regina Amber!" Lord Ujval exclaimed, tentatively stepping toward the Islander sovereign. "It has been many years since the Raaneki Games. You may not remember me, but I could never forget watching the joy you brought to our people."
    Amber chose to play it calmly for a time. She could not be made at the Raaneki lord. It was in their nature to embrace others.

"Lord Ujval, the honor is mine! The games are one of my fondest memories. It nearly broke my heart that we couldn't attend the latest one. But... there were issues on the Islands that needed my attention." She replied.

The pair made small talk for a couple of minutes, until it became clear the Raaneki were leaving. "Perhaps we should allow your party to depart. We should make our presence known to our host." She smiled at him. "With luck, we can talk later."

Spoiler: OOC for Sap
    Show

I might be interested in trading stone for olive oil. Also, in the fluff for my country I mentioned pigments and colors from animals. I might make it a curiosity thing to develop them into a resource starting next round and might hit you up for trace / tech help. We will see. Lastly, was it this guy or his son that the twins allegedly spent the night with?

9. - Top - End - #39

「Lord David Bordeux: Bordeux」

To have been treated as one would have a commoner was something that set his teeth on edge. Fanning his small Hanseiyoku, he replied respectfully so that this newcomer would not be upset.
    "Indeed. Those you seek are unknown to me."

Snapping his fingers, the Yorukuninin whispered directions to one of the nearby houses in the Tekorvanin's ears and gestured for her to guide the stranger away. Turning back to examine the water feature he tried to focus more on the gentle sounds of water over rocks rather than his irritable thoughts.

Show
    The Tekorvanin will take you to the house where there are currently the Princess Regent Idrissa of Ashenia and Emperor Olwyt of the Ignato Empire. That is, unless your Lord does something other than follow her.
    Leaning heavily on his cane, Lord David slowly follows the Terkorvanin, amused by the politeness of these strange people. Especially so when he breached their code of conduct- one which he did not know of, and frankly could have cared less about. He had seen too much conflict in his days to care about the intricacies of a foreign land. "Leave that to Anton", the most diplomatic of his three sons, he thought.
    As he enters the house wherein his ally- and once enemy- sit in discussion, Lord David asks what has been discussed to date.
    Show
    Have you guys actually discussed anything yet? I haven't read through the backlog as of yet.

Later on:
    Spoiler: For HHA only
    Show
    High Priestess. bowing slightly- as much as his bones would allow him, at any rate.I confess, I know little about your home-though tales from afar have led me to the belief it is quite wondrous. For instance- and I say these words lightly, lest I sound the fool- are the tales of winged horses true? I would not believe them, myself, but I had heard it from a- well, a trusted source.
    Show
    Do you mind if I abbreviate your name?

Even later on:
    Spoiler: For Zap Only
    Show
    Lord Ujval. Lord David spoke gravely, with only a nod of his head- not out of disrespect, but out of weariness- these damned Terkorvanins and their courtesy. A nuisance for an old man such as he. Besides, of anyone here, the Raaneki would stand the least on courtesy.
    I have much to discuss with you- but first, if you may be so kind, tell me, what of my daughter? I have heard little from her in a long while- an old man such as me gets lonely when his heirs are scattered across the globe, even in such noble service.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-11 at 08:49 PM.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

10. - Top - End - #40

Cats!
    A person approaches!
    It's a slender, androgynous person... With cat ears!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC For Burch & GC Members
    Show
    Nothing discussed so far, everyone was just arriving. Also I think we can go ahead and start the discussions of peace. I know the GC was involved but it was me you were coming for, the GC just defended me. Plus I've discussed the terms and such with the GC so I think I can speak for us. That said, if GC members want to come by they can, but I'm going to try and wrap this up quick.

Having just moved into the room with the Princess Regent Olwyt rose again as the elderly leader of Bordeux entered the room, bowing his head respectfully to his father's old enemy,

"Greetings Lord David, you honor this hall with your presence," Olwyt noted the elder Lord's look of boredom with pleasantries, "To business then?" Olwyt asked, pulling out a document from one of his pouches, "Myself and those of the Grand Coalition worked to lay out what we believe to be an amicable treaty to end this war. With the Umajin dead and the war still raging in Sympol neither of us desires continued war. Perhaps even trade may bloom between our peoples."

Spoiler: Peace Agreement
    Show

Peace Agreement to end the War in Celero between the Union of the Nortwhest and the Grand Coaltion

In order for peace to prosper between our two great alliances terms must be met by the aggressors as reparations for damages in the war.

1.) All Union troops will be recalled from Celero and no further violence shall occur between UN and GC forces for a period of time numbering at least 20 years.

2.) The regions under control of the Union of the Nortwest will submit to demilitarization and shall in raising armies not exceed the limit of 8% of the population. Failure to do so will be seen as an act of aggression and may be responded to in kind by Grand Coalition forces.

3.) In order to aid in the demilitarization of Crima and make reparations to the GC forces lost Lord David shall hand over the 2 units of Cree warships to Celero and the Ignato Empire. 1 to each nation. Crews trained in their use will instruct their new nation in their usage and operation and upon completion of this these sailors shall be returned to Crima.

4.) Lord David shall make no claim to the Eyrecradian throne.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-11 at 10:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: [EMPIRE!][IC] Cantus Sai 「366」

Spoiler: Conversation flow from last post
    Show
    It went Rogar talks while Godel studys, then Rogar mentions Godel, who reacts, while Vliinmeg reacts to the mind -song

Spoiler: Rain dragon only
    Show
    That is why I have a translator" said Rogar " and most of the written information is translated from Galish to the High Speech

"Yes, it would be good to put the displays in a fireproof room. The crystal matrix projects light, so perhaps an enclosed room would be useful and less... Disruptive.

Godel was busy assessing the man who had greeted them. Thinking about the calming, if clawed, figure soothed him. And scared him. He had seen that like before, deep in the black wood. He had been on a hunting trip, eight years ago when he had seen the thing that schoolers called an "Ice Demon." It to had been beautiful, clawed, and calming to be near. The memories pulled him in..... Until Vliinmeg elbowed him in the waist.

Vliinmeg heard the sudden fear flow from the mind of the captain, and elbowed him to jar him back to the present. After all, it was bad enough if his song was filled with fear, but he sung where others could hear. And. It. Hurt.

Show
    Deferent in that he's the second in command of there closest ally, and he's famous for the whole faith thing. And yes, of course Rogar has a translator. Heck, he probably does not need one, but his translator had certain... Advantages that he does not (We Sing To The Deaf) And yes, Godel has a traumatic backstory. So sue me.
    Last edited by Arutha; 2014-03-11 at 09:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah, my sincerest apologies for not showing the respect you are perhaps used to. I have not heard of you, your lands or your goddess before." the Tekorvanin in black who claimed to be Ameshi Kouri responded.
    Fabula sighs inwardly as the head priest continues over her head.
    "A simple mistake, and one that hardly needs forgiving. The High Priestess is truly appreciative of the hospitality presented to her and our group."
    He returns the mans bow.

~~~~~~~~

Later with Burch
    Spoiler: Is this secret stuff? Why spoilers?
    Show
    Fabula smiles and nods her head in respect to the man. She was glad she had managed to separate herself from the Head Priest.
    "Yes. The pegasus is the pride and joy of Sycia. I am curious about this source of yours however."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadou inwardly flinched at this but kept his face neutral. This... could be dealt with later if indeed it turned out to be an issue.

"I believe we have, as per your request. The building we have set aside for your display is directly adjacent to the Hall and we already have informed our guides so that your display may be appreciated by all who wish to see it."

Shadou Elysius gestured toward Aes Shinchuu's entrance.

"Perhaps you would like to see it first before entering the Hall where some of our art exhibits are?"

Spoiler: General OOC
    Show
    Sorry, but the hall's like, one entire thingy but you get an entire building. Yey!

Also, I am extremely happy you read the description of my people. Sooo happy with your previous post. I'm sorry it took so long if you were set to invisible mode and peeking your head in for an answer...

Spoiler: OOC Pryonia only
    Show
    The thing with High Speech is that it's very closely guarded. Nobody outside of Sanctuary speaks it and only the higher ranking Aristocrats can understand it. The only people who can speak High Speech out loud is the ruling family and when addressing the ruling family directly, so umm... That translator is not going to go down well at all unless you have one of my nobles trusted by Pryonia.

If you do decide they're Pryonian the story around that should be cool, and since you seem to have read my stuff I trust you to be able to write a high ranking Aristocrat who has a /lot/ of business with Pryonia well.

I understand now! Thank you for the clarification.

「Stranger: Arkhosia」

None but the sharpest had noticed him leave his seat at the base of the dais or managed to quite follow his winding path through the Hall to greet the newcomer. His large Hanseiyoku looked strange on his small frame as he rubbed his hands together and smiled at the feline.

"I am Shkura Mechanimus. You intrigue me. I would hear your name." His voice sounded like a scales sliding over rock. It was soft, but firm and dignified though his posture was not.

Spoiler: OOC note on Arkh's post for everyone
    Show
    Agender is a person without gender. Androgynous. Just in case you didn't already know.

It makes sense as well, as man cats don't look too different from lady cats.

A little irritated at the head priest speaking for someone other than himself Kouri comments, "You know, one would think such an important person as the High Priestess of the Chosen People, Guide to the Sacred Land, Harbinger of the Eternal Winter would be able to speak for herself if she wishes as she quite clearly was doing so earlier before you interrupted. With all due respect, the bow you presumed to return was not aimed at you, neither were my comments." his tone was respectful though the words were not quite.

Turning to very clearly face Fabula, Kouri states, "Would you like some recommendations as for art displays or perhaps some refreshments? There is wine going around, but if you wish something more there is also food and various fruit juices this way." Kouri gestures toward the back of the Hall.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-12 at 12:36 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    The pair made small talk for a couple of minutes, until it became clear the Raaneki were leaving. "Perhaps we should allow your party to depart. We should make our presence known to our host." She smiled at him. "With luck, we can talk later."

Spoiler: OOC for Sap
    Show

I might be interested in trading stone for olive oil. Also, in the fluff for my country I mentioned pigments and colors from animals. I might make it a curiosity thing to develop them into a resource starting next round and might hit you up for trace / tech help. We will see. Lastly, was it this guy or his son that the twins allegedly spent the night with?
    "With luck!" Lord Ujval replied, turning to depart with his fellows.

Spoiler: OOC for lt_murgen
    Show
    I just got my last stack of stone tied up, sorry! I'm absolutely interested in trading pigment, though. When are you thinking of developing the resource, and how could I help?

This is actually that guy's younger brother. I *think* that happened at the Central Sea Conference... Lord Ujval was 11 at the time.

Even later on:
    Spoiler: For Zap Only
    Show
    Lord Ujval. Lord David spoke gravely, with only a nod of his head- not out of disrespect, but out of weariness- these damned Terkorvanins and their courtesy. A nuisance for an old man such as he. Besides, of anyone here, the Raaneki would stand the least on courtesy.
    I have much to discuss with you- but first, if you may be so kind, tell me, what of my daughter? I have heard little from her in a long while- an old man such as me gets lonely when his heirs are scattered across the globe, even in such noble service.
    Spoiler: For Burch Only
    Show
    Lord Ujval embraced his kin and welcomed him to sit. Cushions littered the floor, but there was also a stool and a chair. When Lord David was comfortable, Lord Ujval poured the wine himself. "You bring happiness to a somber door, kinsman. I welcome you for it! Cassandra and Tikta are well, though we do not see them often ourselves. They have taken residence in the north of Raaneka, where Tikta may reflect upon the Miracle Pools and our ancestors." He chuckled. "If the common folk tell it truly Cassandra has bent the starlings to her will, and uses them to gather news of the world. She has always been our most cunning diplomat."

Spoiler: OOC for Rain Dragon and aspi
    Show
    I actually wrapped that up pretty quick. Lady Lomadi hopped over to find out why the music from her homeland suddenly stopped in a court that probably freaks her out a little. I guess you two are free to talk, though!
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-11 at 11:10 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

16. - Top - End - #46

Show
    The thing with High Speech is that it's very closely guarded. Nobody outside of Sanctuary speaks it and only the higher ranking Aristocrats can understand it. The only people who can speak High Speech out loud is the ruling family and when addressing the ruling family directly, so umm... That translator is not going to go down well at all unless you have one of my nobles trusted by Pryonia.

If you do decide they're Pryonian the story around that should be cool, and since you seem to have read my stuff I trust you to be able to write a high ranking Aristocrat who has a /lot/ of business with Pryonia well.

I understand now! Thank you for the clarification.

「Stranger: Arkhosia」

None but the sharpest had noticed him leave his seat at the base of the dais or managed to quite follow his winding path through the Hall to greet the newcomer. His large Hanseiyoku looked strange on his small frame as he rubbed his hands together and smiled at the feline.

"I am Shkura Mechanimus. You intrigue me. I would hear your name." His voice sounded like a scales sliding over rock. It was soft, but firm and dignified though his posture was not.

Spoiler: OOC note on Arkh's post for everyone
    Show
    Agender is a person without gender. Androgynous. Just in case you didn't already know.

It makes sense as well, as man cats don't look too different from lady cats.

A little irritated at the head priest speaking for someone other than himself Kouri comments, "You know, one would think such an important person as the High Priestess of the Chosen People, Guide to the Sacred Land, Harbinger of the Eternal Winter would be able to speak for herself if she wishes as she quite clearly was doing so earlier before you interrupted. With all due respect, the bow you presumed to return was not aimed at you, neither were my comments." his tone was respectful though the words were not quite.

Turning to very clearly face Fabula, Kouri states, "Would you like some recommendations as for art displays or perhaps some refreshments? There is wine going around, but if you wish something more there is also food and various fruit juices this way." Kouri gestures toward the back of the Hall.
    The catperson, adorned in leather armor and with a backpack and long yellow hair, replies.
    I am Scouting Officer Felix Schrodinger of the nation of Felitora. Pleased to meet you.
    He/she/it(?) bows.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

「Stranger: Felitora」

((OOC important - You should probably use the neutral pronoun 'they' or the modern 'zie' or avoid them altogether. I'm sorry, but strange as it is, referring to a someone as 'it' is not okay with me.))

Leaning his head to one side and showing his fangs in a large smile which may or may not be seen as a friendly gesture, Shkura responds, "Ahh, I have not heard of your lands. Though, I would hear of them later. Would you mind me asking the purpose, uses and or the history of this piece of you?"

Shkura points at the catperson's tail.

Show
    Just a note for others, Arkh's nation isn't canon again, but she's fine with just some FFRP. I hope nobody minds.

Even if her nation doesn't get up and running, it's not too far-fetched that there are far off cat people in the world.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-11 at 11:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

((OOC important - You should probably use the neutral pronoun 'they' or avoid them altogether. I'm sorry, but strange as it is, referring to a someone as 'it' is not okay with me.))

Leaning his head to one side and showing his fangs in a large smile which may or may not be seen as a friendly gesture, Shkura responds, "Ahh, I have not heard of your lands. Though, I would hear of them later. Would you mind me asking the purpose, uses and or the history of this piece of you?"

Shkura points at the catperson's tail.

Show
    Just a note for others, Arkh's nation isn't canon again, but she's fine with just some FFRP. I hope nobody minds.

Even if her nation doesn't get up and running, it's not too far-fetched that there are far off cat people in the world.
    ((not strange at all))
    hm? Oh, my tail? My race is descended from werecats. We can't shift, but we have some characteristics.
    It mainly aids in balance.

Félix answers, ginning.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ahh. Balance for running, aerobics...?" Shkura lets the question hang. After Felix's response, he appears to relax a little, placing his hands over his chest.

"Excellent! What does being a Scouting Officer mean to you and your people?" Shkura leans in a little.

Spoiler: Felix only - lowered voice
    Show
    "After all. Titles mean power here. The longer the better! Perhaps our little arts display has attracted more than we had expected at first. Of course... In your case I hope this is not a bad thing." Shkura frowns briefly as he flexes his claws and stretches, arching his back lazily before relaxing again. His Hanseiyoku rested against his sides, making him appear smaller still and relatively non-threatening.

20. - Top - End - #50

"Ahh. Balance for running, aerobics...?" Shkura lets the question hang. After Felix's response, he appears to relax a little, placing his hands over his chest.

"Excellent! What does being a Scouting Officer mean to you and your people?" Shkura leans in a little.

Spoiler: Felix only - lowered voice
    Show
    "After all. Titles mean power here. The longer the better! Perhaps our little arts display has attracted more than we had expected at first. Of course... In your case I hope this is not a bad thing." Shkura frowns briefly as he flexes his claws and stretches, arching his back lazily before relaxing again. His Hanseiyoku rested against his sides, making him appear smaller still and relatively non-threatening.
    Acrobatics.
    I am third in command of the Felitoran Scouting Corps! We've begun exploring the vast world, and I in my travels have stumbled upon here!

The catperson replies, grinning
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"Stumbled, eh? Well..." Shkura doesn't bother lowering his voice too much as Felix certainly hadn't.

"I recommend keeping quiet on how unimportant you are. Would you like to come appreciate some art with me? What do you like?"

Shkura leans his head sharply to the other side and steeples his fingers.

Show
    Of course, OOC I'm not insulting you. It's just the character! :D

22. - Top - End - #52

"Stumbled, eh? Well..." Shkura doesn't bother lowering his voice too much as Felix certainly hadn't.

"I recommend keeping quiet on how unimportant you are. Would you like to come appreciate some art with me? What do you like?"

Shkura leans his head sharply to the other side and steeples his fingers.

Show
    Of course, OOC I'm not insulting you. It's just the character! :D
    Hey! I'll have you know the Scouting Corps are highly respected in Felitora.
    Sure, I guess. Mainly music, honestly.

The cat person replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

"Some sort of... royalty perhaps?" Shkura winks before gesturing toward a his right.

"Perhaps you would hear the chimes of the Ketsuek Krystals? Their sound is one of my personal favourites."

24. - Top - End - #54

"Some sort of... royalty perhaps?" Shkura winks before gesturing toward a his right.

"Perhaps you would hear the chimes of the Ketsuek Krystals? Their sound is one of my personal favourites."
    ...ah. Not directly. Cousin of the heir.
    Félix replies.
    'Fraid not, sadly. I'd love to hear them though.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-12 at 12:30 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see you for the first time. I am Akira Sakuranbo. I am afraid I have little time for formalities at present as I have a little bit of important business to attend to currently. Emperor Olwyt mentioned you would be arriving to discuss private matters and I hope this place is suitable to your needs." Rising from a bow, Sakuranbo speaks evenly and respectfully, assuming the crowned woman was the correct person to address. She hoped she was not wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    (Olwyt - UN/GC Peace Conference)

Olwyt approached from behind the Aristocrat he had just been dealing with,

"Ah, Princess Toranath," he bowed his head to the regent, "It is good to see you received my letter and decided to come. And of course that you made it here, though I imagine this climate is a little more tolerable being from the Union as you are." he said, maintaining a politeness he had learned from Aloren nobles (now potential senators) due to a lack in proper training from his father.

((Achievement Unlocked! Splitting the Party!))
    "Emperor Olwyt," she said, bowing her head, "The Winters may be harsh in Ashenia, but I have never experienced such a biting cold."
    "Thank you Lady Sakuranbo. I hope you will have no objection if I request that your scribes are not present as the Emperor and I deliberate? My guards will ensure our safety. Their swords will remain sheathed as we are guests here."
    As she spoke, her guards took positions on either side of the door, four outside and two inside. When Lord David arrived, Idrisa moved to the table and sat down, removing her gloves as she did. (I assume the scholars have left by this point, if not, Idrisa's going to make them. Politely of course.)
    "Come gentlemen, one should not stand to discuss affairs of state.
    "Might I see that document?"

Assuming Emperor Olwyt complies, she begins to peruse it, making mental notes of sections that need alteration.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-12 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Clarifcation
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Shkura steepled his fingers again and whispered,
    Spoiler: Felix only - whisper
    Show
    "Henceforth when discussing anything with my kin I shall introduce you as Scouting Officer Felix Shrodinger, Cousin to the Future Ruler of Felitora, a far away land. Trust me; it'll help you greatly."

Shkura inclined his head slightly and grandly motioned in the direction of the music he had mentioned earlier, "If you would care to follow me, let us go forth and appreciate the music!" Leaning his head to one side once more and gesturing awkwardly with one hand Shkur asks, "What is the music like where you live?"

Show
    You could probably add some of your answers to your Felitora nation fluff I think. In a way that makes sense, even though most of it's not hyper-relevant to very much at all.

Do you want me to ask about your lands at some point? The pair could run into umm... another Yorukuninin or Ameshi Kouri's doppelganger.

Spoiler: Not Canon
    Show
    「Party: Ashenia」

At the casual use of a foreign title and her given name, Sakuranbo showed barely a sign there was anything wrong at all. Simply noting the Princess is of Ashenia so she may supply the information to the appropriate people for the appropriate records, Sakuranbo keeps a professional face as the Princess continues to blunder with a statement on the Scholars.

Moving to one side carefully to clear the doorway and leave for important matters more quickly, Sakuranbo responds to the Princess, "I can certainly understand why you would feel the need to bring your guards with you."

Allowing the Princess full view of the Scholars, Sakuranbo formally excuses herself and strides away to formalize the newly formed treaty she held. Shortly afterward, the Scholars had finished sorting and packing their equipment. One of them tapped the tip of their nose to the Tekorvanin in murky yellow robe with a green armband. With that, said Tekorvanin bowed deeper than one could think possible to the current company and left shortly after the Scholars.

In the middle of the table were several small morsels of meat, a few bowls of rice and several small packages of strange fungi and raw meat alongside a sampling of alcoholic beverages. The Tekorvanin in the murkey yellow robe had been sorting several blank pages of parchment for the Peace Conference at the bidding of Akira Sakuranbo and left several of them on a side table next to a small strange thorny plant with a black trunk and round deep green leaves.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-12 at 11:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

The Scout listened intently to Nyallana's words and returned the bow from the strange little creatures at her side. Indeed, the Allies of Sanctuary were fascinating and diverse.

The majority of the lady Scouts blushed prettily and gestured that it was alright and no harm was done toward Nyallana.

"Prowess to you also." the Bushi said awkwardly in the most formal tones and language he could muster. "My name is Kaaba Zirvad."
    [/SPOILER]
    "Well met, Sir Kaaba Zirvad."
    She smiled and said to both the Scouts and the Bushi,
    "Shall we go inside? My people do not handle the cold that well. Also, I need to speak to the one who holds the treaty Sanctuary has made with the Grand Coalition to sign it."

She chuckled with myrth.
    "We wouldn't be good allies if we did not sign it, would we?
    And lastly, I would like to know where the UN-GC peace conference is being held. I have important business there aswell. Afterwards though, I would be delighted to have a talk with some of you, if you wish."

She laughed, a crystal clear laugh that echoed all around them.
    "Maybe even a little sparring match!"

Meanwhile, Eleljak and Paryna were chuckled at Nyllana. When people were not comfortable with her presence, she always went into "Cheer Mode", trying to create an informal atmosphere to lighten things up. She was aware of her position as a queen, however, she did not think she was above the common man. Eleljak for one, thought that to be a very good quality to have for a queen as strangly and beautiful looking as her.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler: Not especially, but...
    Show
    ...since I want to discuss converting Bordeux to Ylphine, I'd rather not everyone know immediately. Anyway, IC now:

The half-pegassi? Well, honestly, I do not know. Their existence is as much a mystery to you as it is to me. However, that does lead me to what I wanted to discuss. I would like to what effect your pegassi- if any- would have on our breeding program. What goods could I interest you in? My southern colonies produce olive oil and glass, while I also have wood to spare.

Show
    Sorry Zap, Elemental, and QuintonBeck, but I don't have time right now to type up a response. Will get to it later on.

29. - Top - End - #59

Cats!

Mainly music focusing around drums and horns and other similar instruments.
    Félix replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

Show
    Sorry, I was a bit slow there. I think we wrapped up the two conversations nicely.

As Lady Lomady takes her leave, Inaun seems to be surprised by the commotion, but then begins to wander through the exhibition. He examines the foreign art, taking care not to strive to far from his chieftain.

Ania and Näiyop listen attentively while the Aristocrat speaks. "Your account of the Lost is most curious. We know of no other places aside from the Tears of the Sun that are habitable and there are no stories of other tribes. But until very recently, we also assumed that the icy plains of Wenyavuk stretched into eternity and were mistaken. I am no scholar of our lore, so I suppose there might be mention of further Tears that are lost to us or were never known. If you would like, I will gladly consult storytellers of the four tribs once we return home. Concerning our gift, there is no need for a formal gesture in its presentation to your people, we simply found it inappropriate to not contribute ourselves and would much oblige a public display. We are sure the High prince will appreciate it at his own discretion." Näiyop gently touches his sisters arm and she finishes her sentence before pausing. The chieftain then adds "But we would value a chance to discuss trade later. You possess much that can make life simpler for my people. If not with the High Prince, maybe with a representative?"
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa