New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 4: Taz'dingo Ate my Baby.

What's a filigree gold border around a card mean?
    I found a venture Co. Mercenary with one, in my most recent pack.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    What's a filigree gold border around a card mean?
    I found a venture Co. Mercenary with one, in my most recent pack.
    Gold cards are mostly the same as regular ones. The main difference is purely aesthetic - it's shiny and has a little animation in the image. The other difference is that it's worth far more dust if you disenchant it than a regular one. Where a common card like Venture Co. normally gives only 5 dust when disenchanted, a gold common gives 50. (For completeness: Rares give 20 normally and 100 when gold, Epics are 100 normal 400 gold, and Legendaries are 400 normal 1600 gold.)

Personally, I disenchant any gold cards I get immediately because of that. Don't see any reason to keep them when I can instead turn them into resources to make specific cards I want.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah! You can disenchant cards and craft new ones from the dust, right? Huh... Is that really worth it though?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    Oh yeah! You can disenchant cards and craft new ones from the dust, right? Huh... Is that really worth it though?
    Oh hell yes. It is far and away easier to get specific cards that you want by crafting than it is by buying packs. This is especially true for the higher rarity cards, but when you're new it's even true of commons to an extent, because there's simply so many commons that you can't count on getting any specific one from packs even though you'll usually get 4 per pack.

Plus, since you can only use two of any card in a deck anyway, the only use of your third+ copy of a card is to disenchant it. This means that once you've got most of the commons, most of your packs are feeding you dust from all the commons you're getting a third copy of anyway.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Unless you are a philistine (kidding, Zevox ), dusting cards is only worth it if you already have 2 of them, or 1 for Legendary cards. 2 is the maximum any deck can have, so any extras above and beyond that are worthless.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Unless you are a philistine (kidding, Zevox ), dusting cards is only worth it if you already have 2 of them, or 1 for Legendary cards. 2 is the maximum any deck can have, so any extras above and beyond that are worthless.
    Well, it's also worth dusting gold cards, if you don't personally care about whether they're gold or not. I also like to dust the legendaries that I wouldn't use in any decks (Loremaster Cho, Gelbin, Elite Tauren Chieftain, etc.)

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blisstake View Post
    Well, it's also worth dusting gold cards, if you don't personally care about whether they're gold or not. I also like to dust the legendaries that I wouldn't use in any decks (Loremaster Cho, Gelbin, Elite Tauren Chieftain, etc.)
    You can't disenchant promo cards like Gelbin Mekkatorque or Elite Tauren Chieftan, though.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    You can't disenchant promo cards like Gelbin Mekkatorque or Elite Tauren Chieftan, though.
    Only the Golden versions of those cards are promo. You can craft/disenchant the regular versions like any other card.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Only the Golden versions of those cards are promo. You can craft/disenchant the regular versions like any other card.
    Just did a bit of research on this. You can craft the regular versions of the, but you can't get them in packs, so turns out I'm right despite being wrong.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Just did a bit of research on this. You can craft the regular versions of the, but you can't get them in packs, so turns out I'm right despite being wrong.
    I don't even have a way to respond to that. Why would they not come in packs?
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Categories of cards I disenchant immediate would go:

1) 3rd+ copies, or 2nd+ copy of a legendary, if I ever get that. Obvious.
    2) Gold cards.
    3) Hunter cards (the one I class I do not play nor want to play at all).
    4) Legendaries I don't see myself using in a serious deck (because they're worth so much dust). So far I've had two in this category: King Mukla (who was the second legendary I ever got, and I think became my first Pyroblast) and Nozdormu (who I got in the pack from my one 12-2 arena run and used as part of the dust I needed to make Ragnaros).
    5) Bad cards I would never use. These are things like Wisp, Young Dragonhawk, Alarm-o-Bot, Ancient Mage, etc.
    6) Murlocs. Because I would never run a Murloc deck, and there's no other reason to keep them.

Eventually I'll stop disenchanting cards from categories 4-6, as my collection fills up and I no longer have cards I really want to craft to improve my decks or have additional options for them. On the off chance everything else ever fills up that much I'll stop disenchanting Hunter cards, and then eventually gold cards as well, but that's much less likely to ever happen since we'll surely get expansions adding new cards down the line.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. I had a zero and three arena run, and the pack I got from it had two rares, an epic, and Alexstraza.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I don't even have a way to respond to that. Why would they not come in packs?
    Why would Blizzard decide to do it that way? Or why do I think that that is the case?

For the former, it does seem a bit strange, but I guess it makes sense if you assume that all of the promo cards are meant to be "for fun" and not really viable in play. My best guess is that they keep them out of packs so that they don't have to worry about players being disappointed to get them instead of a normal, competitive rare.

For the latter, I'm going off of this State of the Game blog post. I suppose it may have changed since then, but I can't find anything to suggest that it has, and certainly haven't heard of anyone opening a Gelbin or ETC, so it seems pretty certain that it's still true.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

WOO! Beat all the AI opponents! Gul'dan can SUCK IT!

Holy hell, that took forever... I need a central theme to my deck. Using this for now. S'okay. Not enough board clear for my tastes though.

Time to try this arena thing...

Edit: Thanks for the DE-ing advice, guys. I'll do that with any extras I get.

And yes! I love that you can poke the board and do stuff! Too funny.
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2014-03-13 at 01:16 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Just found out I can interact with the board background... :3
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

As I said.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

How useful are Pint-Sized Summoner and Summoning Portal?
    Is it worth having two of both in a minion-focused(midrange I think is the term I'm looking for.. 4-6 mana, correct?) warlock deck, or would that just be overkill?
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    WOO! Beat all the AI opponents! Gul'dan can SUCK IT!
    What, really? I found him trivial. When I was beating up the AI to unlock classes, Malfurion and Garrosh were among the more tiresome ones for me. And then you have Anduin. Anduin is basically the worst.

Probably a symptom of priests being terrible, terrible people (yet I play them anyway).
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

How useful are Pint-Sized Summoner and Summoning Portal?
    Is it worth having two of both in a minion-focused(midrange I think is the term I'm looking for.. 4-6 mana, correct?) warlock deck, or would that just be overkill?
    Pint-sized Summoner is considered a useful card. It has decent stats and its card text is particularly useful in early game, where it's comparatively stronger. It has a place in many decks.

Summoning Portal is also useful, but I'm not too familiar with Warlocks, so I can't really tell. My hunch is that it's a bit so-so due to its lack of attack, but in a minion-flood deck it might be useful.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground

Neither are that great cards. Pint-Sized can be fairly effective if you build your around it - e.g. low amount of 3-drops in exchange for additional 4- and 5- drops - but it is generally not seen in the absolute top tier decks due to its low base stats.

Summoning Portal is too expensive for what it does. At 4 mana you don't really need mana acceleration any longer, and you generally can't even afford to play it on turn 4 since it has no immediate impact on the board. Unlike Pint-Sized it also doesn't do anything by itself - Pint-Sized can at least kill a random Murloc or trade for a Knife Juggler, whereas Summoning Portal will generally be card disadvantage for you.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

That aggro-warlock draft went 6/3. I lost mostly to being out-aggroed.

SCIENCE: 80 gold, 50 dust and a pack. Pack contained Mana Wyrm, Golden Argent Protector, Aldor Peacekeeper, Forked Lightning, and Ice Lance. Most of these are triples.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Just found out I can interact with the board background... :3
    Kinda makes you wish your opponent could see you fiddling with stuff, like loading up the catapult and shooting them with it. >:3
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Kinda makes you wish your opponent could see you fiddling with stuff, like loading up the catapult and shooting them with it. >:3
    I have a feeling this is done on purpose, instead of being a feature they haven't had the time to implement.
    Last edited by Kalmageddon; 2014-03-13 at 08:07 AM.
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesą!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

They need to change what Mind Control Tech says. It's not "take control of one of your opponent's minions at random", it's "take control of their best card all the time, instantly forcing them to lose the match".

...Except when I use it of course. D':

25. - Top - End - #145
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

"Whichever card would be the biggest board-shift against you by switching control right this moment, it now does."

Except when the other guy nabs your Searing Totem. Though it doesn't help that he's already got Ragnaros in play.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2014-03-13 at 08:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Wow, just had by far my most succesful Arena run ever (Druid, 10-3, 350 gold and a pack). My previous best was 6 wins (also druid), so I'm extremely happy with it.

I was also pretty lucky with my deck, the first really well-balanced one I've had. The first time I've really been well-covered with removal (Starfire, Starfall, Wrath, Swipe), card draw (Cult Master, Nourish, Acolyte of Pain), cheap minions (Juggler, raptors, oozes and 3 Scarlet Crusaders) and beef (2 Ironbarks and a Sea Giant). No Ancients, but I guess you can't have everything.

Is is just me, or does everyone play mage in Arena? I think 80% of the opposition for this run were mages, more or less.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    "Whichever card would be the biggest board-shift against you by switching control right this moment, it now does."

Except when the other guy nabs your Searing Totem. Though it doesn't help that he's already got Ragnaros in play.

In other, slightly more humorous news, my last opponent played Leeroy Jenkins on turn four to kill my Shieldmasta. I thought that was really silly. On turn seven, since they had somehow still survived, the two Whelps (now 2/2s thanks to Stormwind Champion) dealt the killing blow. I thought that was poetic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    Is is just me, or does everyone play mage in Arena? I think 80% of the opposition for this run were mages, more or less.
    If Mage is given as an option, there's pretty much no reason not to go Mage. All of its best cards are commons, so you'll frequently have the chance to run more than two Fireballs, Flamestrikes or Frostbolts. It's basically an easy way to get a large number of wins, which in turn means a large amount of gold.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2014-03-13 at 08:46 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

MindFlayer

In other, slightly more humorous news, my last opponent played Leeroy Jenkins on turn four to kill my Shieldmasta. I thought that was really silly. On turn seven, since they had somehow still survived, the two Whelps (now 2/2s thanks to Stormwind Champion) dealt the killing blow. I thought that was poetic justice.
    Killing a Mage with a Bloodlusted Sheep from Polymorph was probably my favourite. Rarggrgrahharrrrhgh! Mehhhhh! BOOM!

That or using a Houndmaster to turn a Hexed Frog into a 2/3 and deal the killing blow.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

29. - Top - End - #149
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 4: Taz'dingo!

In other, slightly more humorous news, my last opponent played Leeroy Jenkins on turn four to kill my Shieldmasta. I thought that was really silly.
    There's no shortage of people who think Legendaries=Win. On both the "it's a legendary, use it" side and the "it's a legendary, concede and whine on public forums if you see it" side.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

In even more humorous news, one of my latest opponents played Leeroy Jenkins out when they had no other creatures on the board and I had a Knife Juggler. The two summoned whelps ended up knifing the Leeroy before he could do anything.

So... in effect they played a 4 cost card that gave me 2 1/1 creatures. I'll take it!