New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Assault on Isle Deepspring - IC

Assault on Isle Deepspring
    Quote Originally Posted by Promises Kept View Post
    Thunder crashes overhead, as your small boat draws nearer to the Isle. The smell of ozone is strong in the air, as another bolt from the eternal storm surrounding the Isle strikes the water near your craft. The captain calls out from the wheel, "It's not usually so violent, this time of year! Think the wizard may be in a mood again!" As spray from the waves crashing into your tiny vessel strikes you in the face, you get a glimpse of your destination, a massive, rocky mass in the middle of the grand lake, with a truly enormous castle rising from the center of the isle. Castle Deepspring, the dwelling place of a dark king, a traveller from another plane, and perhaps the most powerful archmage in all the land. And you hope to kill him. You poor sods.
    The winds grow louder and louder as you draw near to the isle. Looking port, you think you see why - a massive waterspout has formed, and is headed straight at you at a remarkable speed. You'll have mere seconds before it reaches you.

Leeroy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Mindsight range is 60 feet, yes? Lurking roughly 50 feet below the boat, you detect two minds. The first is of the Dragon Type, and has an Intelligence of 12. The second is of the Magical Beast Type, and has 21 Int.

Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unsurprised:
    ??? 1: (1d20)[16]
    ????: (1d20+4)[21]

Leeroy:(1d20+20)[37]

Surprised:
    Kamynar: (1d20+2)[6]
    Henry: (1d20+4)[20]
    Maylene: (1d20+5)[14]
    Helmed Horror: (1d20+6)[23]
    Last edited by Promises Kept; 2014-03-14 at 04:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Assault on Isle Deepspring - IC

Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unsurprised:
    ??? 1: (1d20)[19]
    ????: (1d20+4)[7]

Leeroy:(1d20+20)[21]

Surprised:
    Kamynar: (1d20+2)[18]
    Henry: (1d20+4)[17]
    Maylene: (1d20+5)[14]
    Helmed Horror: (1d20+6)[14]

It appears Leeroy gets to start the surprise round!
    Last edited by Promises Kept; 2014-03-14 at 04:05 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Leeroy suddenly launched himself in the air, grasping his naginata.

- We have visitors, underneath the ship! I can sense two creatures, and one of them is... a dragon? I never heard of an underwater dragon, have you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Vigor, Overchanneled to the max (+75 hp, effective 150 hp buffer due to Share pain). Also fly upward, hopefully the water creature(s) can't reach into the air
    Last edited by Adunatar; 2014-03-14 at 06:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Henry remains in his seat, fiddling with his Claw-Gauntlets. "That's nice," he says calmly, unconcerned about what Leeroy perceives as threats. "Haven't seen one of those in a while."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

An immense... turtle rises up from beneath the boat, capsizing it and throwing everyone but Leeroy into the water. A simple snap of its titanic jaws leaves you lacking one captain. As you hit the stormy seas, an incredibly thick, barbed tentacle snakes out of the depths and grabs at Kamynar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+28)[29] vs. Flat-Footed AC
    Damage: (2d8+12)[17]

If the attack hits, Grapple Check: (1d20+24)[41]

Make an Opposed Grapple Check

If this succeeds, Constrict Damage: (2d8+12)[18]

---Surprise Round End---

---Round 1 Start---

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Insert At Proper Intiative Order

Maylene splutters and shakes her head to clear the water out as she treads water. The feeling that something was beneath the black water ready to pull her down almost had her panic, but years of adventuring had drilled in that it would be the least useful thing, and probably last thing, she might do.

Beasts? Let that hunky looking guy take care of that - he looked like he knew his way around his pole. Clunk was usually quick to attack threats too.

But, it wouldn't hurt to soften them up a bit.

She pulled out her wand of Magic Missile, tweaked the magic in it just enough that it would drain life and let a blast of Fell Drain Magic Missiles fly.

Spoiler: Fell Drain Magic Missile attacks
    Show

3 missiles at the tentacle grabbing Kamynar and 2 at the giant turtle.

(1d4+1)[3] and drain a level from tentacle monster
    (1d4+1)[2] and drain a level from tentacle monster
    (1d4+1)[5] and drain a level from tentacle monster

(1d4+1)[5] and drain a level from turtle
    (1d4+1)[4] and drain a level from turtle
    Spoiler: I am playing...
    Show
    Thanks to Elder Tsufu for the awesome Mat Cauthon avatar!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Clunk was bumped up into the air by the upswelling beast, but as the boat dropped back down to be crunched by the massive jaws, Clunk hovered in the air. Basic magical imperatives outside of direct commands flowed through him, the first being to save his master from immediate danger, but she bobbed back up.

Very well. Then was to attack to the best of his skills to keep Maylene from danger. The tentacles seemed to be the most dangerous as they flailed about. Very well.

Clunk Charged through the air toward the tentacles.
    Spoiler: Clunk Charge Attack
    Show
    Attack at +16 +2 for charge, AC -2 until next turn = 30.
    Attack: (1d20+18)[33]
    Crit Confirm on 17-20: (1d20+18)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[15]
    Crit damage if confirm: (2d6)[10]
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Henry barely seems to notice the boat under him vanishing; he lands in the water with hardly a splash and then simply floats there, still staring at his claw. Only when Kamynar is assaulted does he stop studying himself and take in the battle. He is pleased at having battle delivered to him. Annoyed at the loss of the captain and the attack upon one of his companions, but still pleased deep down.

“I was using that. They are mine.” Bubbles froth from his mouth with each worth and his Greater Claw is raised threateningly in the air.

It is impossible to tell what about the Turtle provokes him. All that is obvious is that Henry skims across the water and slams his Greater Claw down on the beast in a manner that certainly hurt it more than it hurt him. His lesser claw also gets a turn at ravaging the creature, but with significantly less impressive results.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Henry Charges the Dragon-Turlte, gaining +2 to Hit on the attacks that follow.

Greater Claw Attack: (1d20+31)[37]
    Greater Claw Damage: (6d6+17)[45]

If that hits Henry attempts to start a grapple as a free action; this does not provoke and Attack of Opportunity.

Opposed Grapple check: (1d20+44)[46] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws)

If successful he constricts the opponent for Greater Claw damage

Greater Claw damage: (6d6+17)[45]

---

As a swift action Henry prepares to Shell Smash with his Lesser Claw, making that attack count as a Melee Touch attack.

lesser Claw Attack: (1d20+26)[40] vs Touch AC.

lesser Claw Damage: (4d6+12)[25]
    ----

If both claw attacks land on the Dragon Turtle this triggers Henry’s Limbripper ability targeted at one of the Dragon Turtle’s right leg: the Dragon Turtle must make a fort save DC 29 or lose (in this case) it’s right leg, along with 10 movement speed and it’s Claw attack from that limb.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-03-15 at 12:57 AM. Reason: didn't color my text

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Dragon turtle - that must have been the "dragon" he had sensed in the depths - seemed to be well under the care of his companions, but the other monster, a devilishly smart tentacled abomination, was still lurking beneath the waves, untargetable as of yet, and dangerous. Leeroy figured he'd do no good up in the air, and decided to take the battle down to the mysterious tentacled creature.

- Prepare for the transformation. I'm going in! - shouted pixie, as his body suddenly elongated, taking the shape of a strange tentacled tree, and the transformed creature plummeted in the waves, its tentacles already unfurling in a battle formation towards the submerged monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Metamorphosis into Octopus Tree (Fiend Folio). Since it's 14HD, I have to Overchannel by 1 ML and take (1d8)[1] damage, which is halved and deducted from my temporary HP buffer. Since I still have movement left, I'll use it to close on the Kraken as much as possible (my swim speed is 50 in this form)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Leeroy's sudden shapeshift seems to catch the turtle off guard, but he has but a moment to savor its shocked expression before he plunges into the stormy sea. As he swims deeper, he catches sight of an immense, tentacled monster. It looks almost like a squid, but... other, and its eyes gleam with a cruel intelligence. He has no time to contemplate this, however, as one of its massive, barbed tentacles swings up at his form!

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO with a Tentacle:

Attack: (1d20+28)[32]
    Damage: (2d8+12)[19]

If the attack hits, Grapple Check: (1d20+24)[41]

Make an Opposed Grapple Check

If this succeeds, Constrict Damage: (2d8+12)[18]

Of course, given your AC, it's not exactly likely to hit you.

Barring the Grapple interrupting movement, you're about 10 feet away from the Kraken.

Shortly after Leeroy hits the water, the great turtle acts. Turning slightly so as to catch all those on the surface, it breaths out an immense cloud of scorching hot steam, scalding you all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maximized Clinging Steam Breath as a full-round action.

Everyone but Leeroy is caught in the Dragon Turtle's Breath. You take 72 points of Fire Damage. Make a Reflex Save, DC 31, for half damage.

The breath clings to you in a cloud after you are first burned. Next round, take 1/2 the damage taken this round.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on Kamynar, now.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Feeling the singe of the turtle's scalding breath, as he manages to roll out of the main blast, his faith rewarded by the gift of air. Kamynar unfurled his white energy, feather manifesting wings going to the sky. He called out to his fellows, channelling his positive energy, "Let us fight this day in the name of all that is Free of Will and Pure of Heart!" He then summoned the power of his bard song, "In the days of yore, we find the light to come."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: 15ft up and the rest is used as part of Good maneuverability.
    Swift Action: Hero's Leadership: +10 morale to Hit, (10d8)[44] Temporary HP.
    Standard Action: Inspire Courage: +13 Attack and Damage. Supercedes the attack from Hero's Leadership.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2014-03-16 at 09:40 AM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kamynar's words grant strength to his allies - most particularly Henry, whose immensely powerful blows find purchase in the Turtle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed Grapple Check to resist Henry:(1d20+49)[64]
    Fortitude Save against Henry's Limbripper:(1d20+21)[28]

Just as the crab-man is done beating down the turtle, though, the waterspout hits. Tornado-strength winds buffet the party, and the vortex threatens to suck you in. The funnel cloud itself seems to seek out the flying Kamynar, though, and he is sucked in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maylene, Clunk, and Henry need to make a Fort Save DC 30 to avoid being sucked into the torndado. It moved into Kamynar's square, so he doesn't get a save. He's being whirled around in the tornado for (1d10)[4] rounds. The first round, he takes (6d6)[19] points of damage. The same is true for any who fail the save.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Maylene or Clunk makes their save, I'll assess their damage to the Turtle. If not, they're stuck in a tornado. I'm proceeding assuming that you won't change actions.

As the chaos on the surface unfolds, the Kraken attempts to deal with Leeroy. Using all it can bring to bear, it tries to overwhelm the Octopus Tree.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack routine from the Kraken. 2 Tentacle, 6 Arm, 1 Bite.

Tentacle 1: (1d20+28)[35]
    Damage: (2d8+12)[26]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[62]
    Constrict: (2d8+12)[21]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+28)[32]
    Damage: (2d8+12)[22]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[54]
    Constrict: (2d8+12)[16]
    Arm 1: (1d20+23)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[12]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[56]
    Constrict: (1d6+6)[8]
    Arm 2: (1d20+23)[34]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[12]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[57]
    Constrict: (1d6+6)[9]
    Arm 3: (1d20+23)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[48]
    Constrict: (1d6+6)[11]
    Arm 4: (1d20+23)[43]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[7]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[60]
    Arm 5: (1d20+23)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[7]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[64]
    Constrict: (1d6+6)[11]
    Arm 6: (1d20+23)[42]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]
    Improved Grab: (1d20+44)[57]
    Bite: (1d20+23)[33]
    Damage: (4d6+6)[19]

Dang, for a vanilla monster, that's a hell of an attack routine.

---Round 1 End---

---Round 2 Start---

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Crit Confirmation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arm 4 was a nat-20, so:
    Arm 4: (1d20+23)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]

Additionally, this means you'll have to roll to resist the grapple for that arm.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Reflex Save
    Show
    (1d20+19)[20] and I have Fire Resist 30.

Maylene screeches as the scalding steam washes over her, and she is tempted to duck under the water to try washing it off, but forces herself through the pain and lets off another blast from her wand, again tweaking it to drain energy when it hits.

Spoiler: Wand Attack
    Show
    Auto hit magic missiles.
    (1d4+1)[4] plus negative 1 level
    (1d4+1)[3] plus negative 1 level

The Helmed Horror continues floating above the water to strike at the turtle, but the powerful winds suck it into the swirling vortex of water and wind.

Spoiler: Helmed Doesn't Attack
    Show
    Attacks: (1d20+16)[35] ; (1d20+16)[32] ; (1d20+11)[15]
    Crits?: (1d20+16)[30] ; (1d20+16)[18] ; (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[13] ; (2d6+7)[16] ; (2d6+7)[12]
    That first attack was a crit, possibly confirmed if a 30 to hit confirms it.
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2014-03-15 at 10:45 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Fort save vs Tornado
    Show
    Sorry; I posted too quickly.
    Fort save for Maylene: (1d20+16)[36]
    Fort save for Clunk: (1d20+6)[24]
    (Clunk's a construct, so fort saves are funky for them. If its Cha score would be substituted for its non-existent Con score, its Cha bonus is +3 and not included in the roll above)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Henry hisses and snaps his claws as the steam washes over him. The red in his claws and armor changes from the natural, dull, washed out red-orange it usually is to the bright and flavorful Red of a cooking shellfish. He’s not too happy about that.

Rich, delicious smells waft away from him constantly with the most potent concentration of the smells drifting directly at the Turtle who has become Henry’s sworn enemy as Henry continues to pound its shell into dust.
    “FOR THE CRABS! FOR THE CRABS!” He screeches, locked in his deathmatch.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Henry uses his Delicious Crab ability with the DC augmented by 1 point due to the fire damage he recently took, and then bops the Dragon Turtle twice.
    ----
    Delicious Crab: The Dragon Turtle (and any other nearby enemies) must make a will save DC: 28 or attack me on the next opportunity. It attacks to the best of its ability, but must use a Bite Attack if it has one.
    ----
    Greater Claw Attack: (1d20+42)[58]
    Greater Claw Damage: (6d6+30)[53]

If that hits Henry once again attempts to start a grapple as a free action; this does not provoke and Attack of Opportunity.

Opposed Grapple check: (1d20+44)[45] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws)

If successful he constricts the opponent for Greater Claw damage
    Greater Claw damage: (6d6+30)[50]
    ---
    lesser Claw Attack: (1d20+37)[40] vs Touch AC.
    lesser Claw Damage: (4d6+25)[43]

If that hits Henry once again attempts to start a grapple as a free action; this does not provoke and Attack of Opportunity.

Opposed Grapple check: (1d20+44)[49] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws)

If successful he constricts the opponent for lesser Claw damage
    Greater Claw damage: (4d6+25)[44]
    ----
    If both claw attacks land on the Dragon Turtle this triggers Henry’s Limb Ripper ability targeted at the Dragon Turtle’s right foreleg: the Dragon Turtle must make a fort save DC 27 or lose (in this case) its right foreleg, along with 10 movement speed and it’s Claw attack from that limb.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Leeroy laughed, as he dodged the swarm of tentacles trying to latch at his flesh. Even the ones that seemed to surely catch him, failed to get a grip. "You have met your match, the abomination from the depths. I shall dine on your flesh tonight!", - he taunted his opponent's mind telepathically, while maneuvering around the sluggish squid, striking with all of his tentacles at every opportunity.

Spoiler
    Show

All tentacles should auto-hit except on natural 1.
    Tentacle 1: (1d20+29)[34] for (2d6+23)[33]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+29)[46] for (2d6+23)[34]
    Tentacle 3: (1d20+29)[40] for (2d6+23)[25]
    Tentacle 4: (1d20+29)[31] for (2d6+23)[30]
    Tentacle 5: (1d20+29)[49] for (2d6+23)[29]
    Tentacle 6: (1d20+29)[41] for (2d6+23)[34]
    Tentacle 7: (1d20+29)[48] for (2d6+23)[25]
    Tentacle 8: (1d20+29)[38] for (2d6+23)[25]
    I don't think I'm getting close enough for a bite.

EDIT: and that were some crappy damage rolls - at least 6 1's in a row...
    Last edited by Adunatar; 2014-03-16 at 09:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Kamynar cries out a word of power, using the melding of his song and magic he'd learned on his onset to calm the storm around his mind, popping out away from the waterspout, and out of the way of combat for the moment. He looked onto the scene continuing to support his allies as best he could and looked for options, healing the damage he had taken earlier, "Wherefore that light will bring eternal peace."

Spoiler
    Show
    Maintain Inspire Courage
    Immediate: Spent Previously on Badge of Valor
    Standard: Melodic Casting: Dimension Leap: Concentration: Perform (Sing): (1d20+36)[6](42)
    Move: Non-restricted from teleportation (lacks the move action to move only text): Lay on Hands, Self, 36
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The wave of steam which washed over Maylene seems to have had another effect - her morningstar has been warped beyond repair, becoming totally unusable.

Spoiler
    Show
    You rolled a nat 1 on the save, so an item took damage. I rolled and got "Stowed or Sheathed Weapon," which I took to be your morningstar. Even if it successfully saved, it takes enough damage to be destroyed.

Leeroy's resilience and assault seems to have severely weakened the Kraken, which appears to be on the brink of death.

Kamynar has no difficulty concentrating enough to remove himself from the vortex.

The Dragon Turtle seems to be quite, quite angry, what with missing a limb and all. It fights back against Henry as best as it can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite Attack: (1d20+28)[30]
    Damage: (6d6+12)[31]
    Claw Attack: (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage: (3d8+6)[18]

Henry's brutal reply seems to very nearly finish off the turtle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save: (1d20+16)[34]

Clunky is spun around by the waterspout, which, as if sensing the turning tide, heads towards the island, carrying the horror along with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just gonna roll all three remaining rounds of damage now.
    This Round: (6d6)[22]
    Next Round: (6d6)[25]
    Round Clunky Goes Free: (6d6)[21]

Assuming nobody tries to get him out (since he can't move out normally), he'll be deposited somewhere between here and the island's shores, and you can pick him up on your way in.

Maylene's missiles seem almost too much for the poor turtle, which is looking decidedly worse for the wear after the brutal beating it has received.

The Kraken, sensing the battle is lost, puts up a smokescreen and jets away.

Leeroy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's well out of the range of your Mindsight now.

---Round 2 End---

---Round 3 Start---

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Kamynar looks to the Turtle, possibly taking its last breath beneath the waves, and is overwhelmed with pity for the dying creature, he dives in, calling out to his comrades, "Don't kill it, it's not a threat and I can't let something that has been robbed so thoroughly of life die if its comrade has abandoned it!" As he calls out, he pushes into the mind of the turtle, wishing to give it one last chance, calling this time to the turtle in the tongue of the dragons, "<Please, If you let me in, I can give you back your life!>"

Spoiler
    Show
    Friggin exalted path.
    Move: Dive in so that people can hear me.
    Standard: Psionic Dominate: Duration - 1 day. DC27 Will Negates
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Henry raises his Greater Claw in the direction of the Turtle, the action now a clear threat, and waits for the Turtle to dig its own grave.

“One chance,” he states without looking at his companions. “It gets one chance. Then it’s mine and it’s dead. For the crabs.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I hear you, Kamynar", - Leeroy's voice whispered in everyone's heads, as the ocean sprouted several wicked-looking tentacles, and pixie's tree-like form surfaced a few feet away from the turtle, its tendrils a-ready. "The Kraken proved to be a cowardly opponent - but then again, I won't blame him for not be willing to become sushi. I always preferred the turtle meat, though, so I'm awaiting..."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Dragon Turtle seems to hesitate a moment at the forces arrayed against it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delaying its action till after Kamynar's.

As Kamynar forces his way into its mind, the turtle tries with all its might to resist his intrusion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+6)[12]
    ??? K: (1d20)[16]
    ??? F: (1d20)[2]

Kamynar easily overwhelms the tired and drained mind of the turtle, bringing it under his control. He feels a further moment of resistance, but it quickly passes.

The winds seem to calm as you overcome this first challenge - not much, but enough to make it possible to talk without screaming.

--- Battle Over ---
    Victory!
    Last edited by Promises Kept; 2014-03-16 at 06:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Kamynar flew over to his new Charge, calling out to the team, "Okay, I got him! We'll have to take some time on the way there. I think I'll have enough if we try to work our way through the rough waters as we can." Kamynar Called out for a pleasant aura of soft snow accompanied by the sound of soft harps came about to all present.

He then began to repair the damage done to the turtle over the course of their altercation. Refreshing his Lay on Hands before he could finish.

He also began to speak to the beast in the tongue of the Dragons as he did healing work, "<Hello, my name is Kamynar Densin, and I'd appreciate it if you would help me know a little more about you. I'm going to make you better, so I don't want you to squirm. It shouldn't take too long. I know you're under my control, but there really wasn't any other method I had that could call off the battle. I'd prefer to have charmed you in all honesty, but that's only useful when we haven't begun fighting. I hope that by the end of the day we can release you without having to worry, as I'd hate to have my friends need to neutralize a threat. We're here to fight an archmage, so another big guy would be appreciated. Do you know anything about this island? I'm sorry if this comes to me asking your mind for information.>"

Spoiler
    Show
    Snowsong: 2hrs 10min: Fast healing 1 to everyone in 30ft, +4 insight to AC as well.
    Everyone Fast Heals.
    Lay on Hands Expend 50 Points for Greater Restoration, refresh, then 20 points for each limb, then 20 Points to get another Hero's Leadership.
    Refresh Temp HP, Extend +10 Morale to hit to Dragon Turtle.
    Temp HP: (10d8)[47]
    Follow up some of my monologue by peering into its perspective to view attitudes briefly.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2014-03-16 at 07:46 PM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Henry lowers his Greater Claw into the water slowly, barely containing his displeasure at the situation. "I...will allow this. For you."

His lesser Claw reaches up and grasps the spiral shell dangling from his necklace as he channels vital energy into himself, undoing the injuries inflicted upon him by the Turtle who is only just barely being kept alive by Kamynar's claim on it.

After about ten seconds on concentration his shell returns to the dull, healthy colors it was before the battle.

"Bring your pet. I will carry the rest."

Henry sinks under the surface, foam and bubbles streaming up to breach the surface. A massive shadow takes the shape of a crab under the surface, stretching and expanding until it dwarfs the tamed Dragon Turtle.

An unnaturally large Crab lifts the waterborn party-members onto its back, allowing each a place among massive obelisk-like spikes and an undergrowth of vines and seaweed.

"Ready to go." Henry's voice states, much deeper and heavier than usual.

Spoiler
    Show
    --Round 1--
    Henry uses Touch of Healing on himself and enhances the Heal check DC to 33, adding 3 points of healing per level. He'll take a 10 on this check via Natural Expertise, and receive 47 on that check automatically.

Amount healed: (13d4+39)[69]

--Round 2--
    Henry uses Touch of Healing again, this time keeping the natural DC of 10. He also takes a 10 on this one, receiving 47 on the check.

Amount Healed: (13d4)[31]

--Round 3--
    Henry Assumes his Colossal Crab Form and lifts any members of the party who are still in the water onto his back. Fortress Crab makes him easy to ride and grants anyone on his back his Natural Armor, including the Ghost Ward property on him (which is from Fortress Crab).

Allies on his back gain a total of 24 NA, and +5 armor VS touch attacks.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-03-16 at 09:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Leeroy, seeing as the battle has ended, pushed his body from out of the water, latching onto the crab shell with his tentacles. Then, as the body of the giant tree was almost out of the water, the tree was no more. Only the troublesome pixie was sitting on the edge of the crab ship. Then even the pixie disappeared, leaving only the disembodied voice in everyone's heads: "I'll keep low profile, just in case."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A powerful, steady voice echoes from the Dragon Turtle's massive head, "Hmmm. I thank you, paladin. Were it not for your aid, I fear I would have perished. You have my gratitude. The isle I know little of - I was brought here by some magic beyond my experience. Hmmm. I had no control of myself. Hmmm. A voice spoke into my mind, as yours does now, but far stronger. I know not how you overcame it. I met the being who did this to me. Hmmm. I sensed it to be of my kin, but not. A Dragon, but something more. It wore the form of a man. Could this be perhaps your mage?"

It pauses, as if deliberating with itself.

"Hmmm. I would be willing to take you to the isle, were your large friend not performing quite well himself. Hmmm. Regardless, I would like you to free me from your control. Hmmm. I have no desire to fight any more this day. Hmmm. You have my word I will not harm you."

It waits, expecting an answer.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Kamynar gives the large turtle's nose a hug, "So perhaps you were summoned? If this voice is as strong as you say, I fear only distance and luck saved a casualty. I am glad to have your word, but I don't have that mage's. For now, I'll tell you to do as you see fit, and suggest that you go away from the island, should your previous intruder try to reassert himself. I'm going to keep this bond for a few hours, no more than sunset, more as a second chance to resist." He rubs the Turtle's nose, "I hope you don't come back as a plot device in this tale, so I command you to do as you see fit. If you would leave me your name, I would be grateful."

He then joins the crab, sitting towards the front, "Turns out I'm sending him away from this place. He was also a summoned creature who didn't want to fight anymore. Friggin Exalted Path."
    Last edited by supernerd; 2014-03-17 at 08:21 AM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Leeroy's voice started to sound curious. "Dragon, but something more? Probably a flying Dragon, just as this one is a swimming one. And polymorphed into a humanoid. Wasn't his name Dran Draggore, by any chance? I've heard a story about a tower inhabited by a being of such name, and he turned out to be a polymorphed Dragon, too..."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

"If I see it again it is mine." Henry's voice rumbles up at those sitting on his shell.

Having acquired all three of his charges, Henry swims forward towards the island. After moments he is at his top water speed...and then he exceeds that, lifting into the air to just barely skim over the water's surface, borne aloft by delicate diaphanous wings that sprout from his sides.

"Why do we waste time with boats? I inevitably carry all of us. Typically away from cultists. Occasional straight towards cultists.

...We will never carry cultists with us again. Not after last time. I tire of witnessing occult rituals on my back and the dark-magic leaves stains on my shell."

Henry's lesser Claw darts down and snatches up Maylene's toy as he passes it.

Spoiler: Full speed ahead!
    Show

Henry uses his 140 fly speed and ramps up to a a proper Flying-Run action for a total of 560 ft/round.

It should take about five rounds to reach the island. Seven if you include his ramp-up and slow-down round to avoid jarring his passengers.

He'll also grab the Helmed Horror on his way. It should be fairly easy for the two to link Hand and Claw, but if it doesn't react in time Henry will just grab it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lesser Claw grab at Helmed Horror:(1d20+24)[34] vs Touch AC.
    This does not provoke an AoO, but I'd like to assume it wouldn't attack me willy-nilly anyway.

This is followed up by a Grapple Check: (1d20+57)[77] and Henry's nonlethal Unarmed strike damage (2d6+11)[15] which the Helmed Horror should be immune to.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2014-03-17 at 10:00 AM.