New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: How many Dwagons?

Quote Originally Posted by innovan View Post
    Because I'm quite certain the upkeep on a dwagon is much higher than for Hampster.
    Much higher? For a single fighting unit, albeit powerful and flying, than for the Chief Warlord? I doubt that very much.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Parson's upkeep is 1000 schmuckers a day. The 500,000 support-planned summoning spell would have drained the treasury. Stanley took the 350,000 schmucker version. 150,000 remain. He has 150 Chief Warlord days remaining before bankruptcy. If each dwagon has an upkeep equalling or exceeding Parson's, Stanley would have maybe 6 days of Dwagon and Chief Warlord remaining. Ansom would not need to worry about a siege.
    -2 Cursed Keyboard of Typos.

Official Commentary by

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

That depends on no income. Sure, it's only one city, but it is a capital.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Since the Arkenhammer 'tames' the dragons, it might also help with their upkeep cost. The other thing would be that Stanley probably has a decent amount over 500,000 schmuckers in his treasury. Maybe twice as much.

Otherwise, Wanda wouldn't have suggested buying the 500,000 gp spell. Why buy a warlord when you can't afford him for even a single day? Stanley was just being cheap when he took the 350,000 option of having wanda cast it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogenki View Post
    Since the Arkenhammer 'tames' the dragons, it might also help with their upkeep cost. The other thing would be that Stanley probably has a decent amount over 500,000 schmuckers in his treasury. Maybe twice as much.

Otherwise, Wanda wouldn't have suggested buying the 500,000 gp spell. Why buy a warlord when you can't afford him for even a single day? Stanley was just being cheap when he took the 350,000 option of having wanda cast it.
    That assumes that Wanda knows exactly what's in the treasury. There's no reason why that information would necessarily be available to anyone but the Overlord.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0006.html

"That would literally empty the treasury!"

Stanley had 500k, +/- "literally". He lost 350k of it.

The issue of the capitol's revenue is a good call, though. HoMM3 capitols had trouble buying out their units. Master of Magic capitols could easily fill their garrison of top-end units and subsidize the same in a handful of no-income colonies, though it was unrelated to being a capitol, it was just the most well-built and populous town by virtue of age and investment.
    -2 Cursed Keyboard of Typos.

Official Commentary by

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

i'm sure he has more than in that comic scene showed. but since everything else he has in so few numbers i doubt he has a lot of dragons, or dwagons.
    Last edited by the_tick_rules; 2007-04-29 at 10:00 AM.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.