New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Kitchen]

No, no you do not understand the situation. The Huntress attempts to firmly smack the catgirl's backside with the flat of her blade. Then she reaches into the hole in her chest and, grimacing in pain, rips out her beating heart. There is surprisingly less blood than one would expect. I have no desire to die, although I have equal knowledge of life and death. Sit down and shut up. This is your final warning before I punish you. The hand with the sword gestures to the thus-far-silent Civiron. Do me a favor, sister? Prevent Carrie from entering for one more minute. I don't want my sacrifice interrupted.

[Halls]

Angela shrugs, clearly giving up understanding or worrying about this stupid drama.
    Caelynn is hit, bus doesn't react.
    Fine, but would you mind explaining to me the situation then? And to be fair, you're the first aspect I've ever met, so I don't exactly know how they work.
    Caelynn sits down on a chair!
    Amazing!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Kitchen]

No, no you do not understand the situation. The Huntress attempts to firmly smack the catgirl's backside with the flat of her blade. Then she reaches into the hole in her chest and, grimacing in pain, rips out her beating heart. There is surprisingly less blood than one would expect. I have no desire to die, although I have equal knowledge of life and death. Sit down and shut up. This is your final warning before I punish you. The hand with the sword gestures to the thus-far-silent Civiron. Do me a favor, sister? Prevent Carrie from entering for one more minute. I don't want my sacrifice interrupted.
    "Uhhhhh. Suuuure?" Civvy says, blinking a few times. This entire scene was odd. Kyne was being odd. That sword was odd. The amount of hearts that weren't happily inside a chest was odd. At least Caelynn didn't ask what Kyne meant by sister. That was good.

"HEY CARRIEEEEE." Civvy yells, walking out of the room they were in. Oddly. "THERE'S STUFF GOIN' ON. ONE MINUTE PLEASE NOT TO INTERRUPT."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Approaching Kitchen[
    A challenger approaches! Shakily hauling herself to her feet, Carrie staggers along the wall.
    No desire to die? I'll see about that... Civvy, anyone else there, tell me what she's doing so I know what I'm gonna beat her ass senseless for!
    The unwell girl leaves faint blood streaks along the wall as she stumbles and hauls herself along. What's she going to do, fall on Kyne and bleed on her?
    Outta my way, pinkybuns, I've got a girlfriend to scream at and pass out on! She doesn't look like a woman who takes no for an answer.
    Or a woman who takes stable steps.
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-04-13 at 11:24 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Approaching Kitchen[
    A challenger approaches! Shakily hauling herself to her feet, Carrie staggers along the wall.
    No desire to die? I'll see about that... Civvy, anyone else there, tell me what she's doing so I know what I'm gonna beat her ass senseless for!
    The unwell girl leaves faint blood streaks along the wall as she stumbles and hauls herself along. What's she going to do, fall on Kyne and bleed on her?
    Outta my way, pinkybuns, I've got a girlfriend to scream at and pass out on! She doesn't look like a woman who takes no for an answer.
    Or a woman who takes stable steps.
    [Kitchen Approach 1, This is Kitchen Flight 2 . . .]

"I'm sorry Carrie, I can't let you do tha-" Unfortunately, Civvy's reference is cut short by a shocking realization.
    ". . . is that my voice? Is that, MY voice?!" That she could make TWO movie references! What a realization!

She coughs once, hoping it'll go away. It doesn't. "Oh well.

Sorry, Carrie. I was told not to let you, and that stuff's going on. And stuff. Iunno what's going on, but I trust Kyne. She's scary and likes killing things probably too much, but I know we both love her, and should probably trust her on this one. She asked for a minute. Let's trust her and give her one?

Also while we're doing that, would you like some not-bleeding to happen?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #185

[Kitchen]

Kyne traces Caelynn's curves with the tip of her sword, not applying enough pressure to cut her. More of a threatening "stop talking already" gesture. There's not a lot of difference between fearlessness and stupidity. Falling in love is stupid and it sucks and I hate it. I don't want this. So I'll lock it away for now. She throws the beating heart into the floor, which is now dirt ground. For a brief moment, Caelynn will see a tree in an outdoors clearing under the full moon. A little girl is hanging, motionless, by her neck from a branch. Then they are back in the kitchen and there is no trace of the heart's hole. I am a Goddess in my own right. My power came from my sacrifice of myself to myself. And now I give up my love for a greater kind of strength.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

6. - Top - End - #186

[Kitchen]

Kyne traces Caelynn's curves with the tip of her sword, not applying enough pressure to cut her. More of a threatening "stop talking already" gesture. There's not a lot of difference between fearlessness and stupidity. Falling in love is stupid and it sucks and I hate it. I don't want this. So I'll lock it away for now. She throws the beating heart into the floor, which is now dirt ground. For a brief moment, Caelynn will see a tree in an outdoors clearing under the full moon. A little girl is hanging, motionless, by her neck from a branch. Then they are back in the kitchen and there is no trace of the heart's hole. I am a Goddess in my own right. My power came from my sacrifice of myself to myself. And now I give up my love for a greater kind of strength.
    Caelynn raises an eyebrow
    But doesn't speak!
    She just watches
    All very interesting.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-13 at 11:40 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie staggers toward Civvy, uncoordinatedly flailing one raw-fingered hand. Don't you try that crap with me, missy! I love Kyne and that's exactly why I'm going to punch her stupid teeth out an'... She stumbles to the left, clinging to the other wall. KYNE YOU WAIT RIGHT THERE I AM GOING TO BLEED ON EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER OWNED.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    MagOffice - Well, She Is A Nurse...

It doesn't. At least, so I've heard. I've never set foot anywhere below sea level. Of course not! If I was, do you think i'd be in the business of healing people?
    Xellia asks rhetorically with a chuckle as she smiles and... no, no poison stab! Just a nice firm handshake.
    MagOffice - And Just What is That Supposed to Mean?

"Sounds about right. So you're a 'magic powers from the gods' healer, the sutures and gauze type, healing gel and bacta tanks, or potion peddler sort of medic? What are your limits, both in terms of powers and what you're willing to do and not do for the greater good?"

Magtok reaches into his 'What does the fox say?' coffee mug, picking up one pen and setting it back down, before doing the same with four or so other pens and pencils. He seems to be trying to make up his mind on something or other, peering at the tip of each writing utensil appraisingly. What in the world is he up to?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    MagOffice - And Just What is That Supposed to Mean?

"Sounds about right. So you're a 'magic powers from the gods' healer, the sutures and gauze type, healing gel and bacta tanks, or potion peddler sort of medic? What are your limits, both in terms of powers and what you're willing to do and not do for the greater good?"

Magtok reaches into his 'What does the fox say?' coffee mug, picking up one pen and setting it back down, before doing the same with four or so other pens and pencils. He seems to be trying to make up his mind on something or other, peering at the tip of each writing utensil appraisingly. What in the world is he up to?
    MagOffice - Pop Culture Declares Nurses To Be Super Sexy For Whatever Reason

The "Gauze and Sutures" kind. I'm rather skilled at my job, limited mainly by what I have on hand, and I will do what is necessary to keep those who wish to injure from doing so, and fixing why I couldn't prevent.
    Xellia replies honestly, raising an eyebrow at Magtok's eccentric behavior.
    But then again, it's Magtok.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #190

MagOffice - Whatever, Just Keep Your Filthy Elven Hands Away From Me!

Magtok pulls a fork out of his sleeve, and then slides it back in, shaking his head. Gauze and sutures means she isn't the instantaneous kind of healing, so impaling his hand with a nearby pointy object wouldn't really be much of a test, would it? I mean, even assuming she's as trained as she says and wouldn't faint at the sight of blood, there's only so much she could do. Apply pressure, maybe use some cloth as a makeshift bandage, but the pain wouldn't magically vanish thanks to anyone's amazing superpowers, and Magtok's rash, impulsive act of self-harm would actually carry some consequences. Blegh. We'll have to find some other way to mess with her, then.

"Surprising. Would've expected something a little less mundane from an elf, but you know what they always say about assumptions."

That when you make an assumption, you make an ass of 'u', and 'mption'?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #191

Entrance

A average-height, slightly attractive woman with tanned skin, clad in a crisp Navy Blue military jacket with a silhouette of a fountain pen on the back, long black cargo pants, matching combat boots, and black fingered gloves, a whip curled around her waist like a belt, and an eye patch covering the right eye socket, her left, amber colored eye still there, exits the shuttle.

- - - Updated - - -

MagOffice - Assumptions!

The drow nods.
    Yeah, it surprises a lot of people.
    She says with amusement to Magtok
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Kitchen

The Aspect tilts her head and frowns as she listens to the shouting in the hall. Caelynn, go tell her not to worry. I'm going to a job interview now. She slashes a hole in space and time with her katana, creating a portal to somewhere living mortals definitely don't want to go.

13. - Top - End - #193

Kitchen

The Aspect tilts her head and frowns as she listens to the shouting in the hall. Caelynn, go tell her not to worry. I'm going to a job interview now. She slashes a hole in space and time with her katana, creating a portal to somewhere living mortals definitely don't want to go.
    Caelynn nods, standing up and saluting breifly, before heading over to Carrie.
    Listen, Carrie, there is no need to worry. Kyne is going to be safe, she's just apparently going to a job interview.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[PSI-chosis]
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Yes. Might I recommend you start with a solid? Liquids are relatively complicated, especially something as chaotic as this pool. A small puddle might be more a beginner's speed. A little plastic ball is even better. Arlem follows him to the water's edge and places a small reflective sphere next to him, and goes to set a hand on Leo's shoulder to turn him towards it.
    "Seems like it," Leo replies, although his thoughts run more along the lines of sarcasm like, (Yeah, so I've noticed.) Regardless of his annoyance, he ceases his struggles with the pool's water and turns his attention back to Arlem, who directs him to a diminutive ball placed nearby. Moving it around with his mind isn't quite as impressive as the feats he was hoping to accomplish earlier, but those things would probably take some practice to muster anyway, so starting small and working his way up isn't such a bad idea.

Leo starts the exercise by trying to learn more about the little sphere: walking around it to get a better idea of its volume, prodding it gently to watch it roll, maybe even picking it up to gauge its weight if he's allowed. After performing such studies for a few minutes, he stands back and simply stares at the object, trying to move it with his newly-discovered senses. Of course, it's not quite so simple in practice, and there's no sign of any progress at first. Eventually, though, as he starts to get frustrated, the orb might start to wobble in place a bit, even if he doesn't notice...

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelynn nods, standing up and saluting breifly, before heading over to Carrie.
    Listen, Carrie, there is no need to worry. Kyne is going to be safe, she's just apparently going to a job interview.
    Carrie takes a break from incoherently yelling in Civvy's direction so she can incoherently yell at this new lady.
    First 'v all, who the hell are you, don't answer that, I don't care. Second, she's not gonna be safe from me. Third... what job interview? What?
    She descends rapidly into the sort of hoarseness where you know she'd be yelling if she could.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Entrance

A average-height, slightly attractive woman with tanned skin, clad in a crisp Navy Blue military jacket with a silhouette of a fountain pen on the back, long black cargo pants, matching combat boots, and black fingered gloves, a whip curled around her waist like a belt, and an eye patch covering the right eye socket, her left, amber colored eye still there, exits the shuttle.
    The woman strides onward, as if looking for someone
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #197

The woman strides onward, as if looking for someone
    ((Aaaark. Give me some time to reply before just moving on, please. You know Civvy's going to come say hi. I'm just busy. Give me some time. T.T))

That being said, Civvy's there.
    "Welcome?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie takes a break from incoherently yelling in Civvy's direction so she can incoherently yell at this new lady.
    First 'v all, who the hell are you, don't answer that, I don't care. Second, she's not gonna be safe from me. Third... what job interview? What?
    She descends rapidly into the sort of hoarseness where you know she'd be yelling if she could.
    Civvy just kind of shrinks slightly at all the yelling. Though she's happy it's not aimed at her any more.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    ((Aaaark. Give me some time to reply before just moving on, please. You know Civvy's going to come say hi. I'm just busy. Give me some time. T.T))

That being said, Civvy's there.
    "Welcome?"
    Hello miss, do you know where I can find Kynegetis?
    The woman inquires, smiling kindly.
    ((this takes place at a different time than the current Kyne scene))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Kitchen]
    Carrie slides down the wall, leaning slumped against it as she mumbles incoherently, cradling her head in her hands.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Kynegetis steps out of the kitchen. She does not look the same as when she entered. Her body is softer and curvier and she carries herself more like a young lady than a stone cold killer. Her hair is shorter and blonde, like Carrie's was. Her eyes are the same luna moth green too, but her wings are brown and white, not grey. Yes, this new form comes with barn owl wings. She's wearing a white sundress with the back cut nearly all the way down for the wings. And she has the same divine aura Carrie used to have: a friendly psychopomp. Kalo asmi loka-ksaya-krit pravardho.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[[Outside Kitchen]
    Carrie stares up at this softer, gentler-looking Kyne; unable to stand, she crawls over to her and looks up at her in confusion, awe, and just a little bit of infatuation.
    Kyne? That's all her hoarse throat can manage as she reaches for the beautiful girl's dress hem, then pulls back her sore hands rather than get blood on the fabric. Instead, she rests her head against Kyne's waist and cries softly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

[Outside Kitchen]

You can call me Soteira. Well, that's what I've decided to call myself. You can call me anything. She kneels and hugs her girlfriend. I'm sorry, Carrie. I shouldn't have made you worry about me.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Kitchen]
    Carrie falls against Soteira, Kyne, her girlfriend Her arms slide themselves around her waist, but she keeps her hands away from her back or her wings. Bad hands. Dirty hands.
    She keeps trying to talk, but she's not going to be getting any words out.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Hello miss, do you know where I can find Kynegetis?
    The woman inquires, smiling kindly.
    ((this takes place at a different time than the current Kyne scene))
    Civvy nods.
    "Nope. But I could probably help you find her. Stuff's . . . different, though.
    How do you know Kyne, and why are you looking for her?"
    She asks, not trying to be confrontational, but wanting to find out.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

[Outside Kitchen]

The Savior starts getting pretty flustered by Carrie's response. She tentatively hugs her with the wings too, emulating the cocoon embrace that was so comforting when Carrie used to do it to her. P-please be okay!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Kitchen]
    Carrie scrabbbles around, finds a pair of oven mitts from the utter explosion that is the kitchen, and crams her hands into them. Satisfied, she hugs for real, pressing herself into the cutie's embrace and holding her tightly, nodding.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

[Outside Kitchen]

Good. So, uh, I hope you aren't mad that I took your job. She kisses the other girl's cheek and smiles at her.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Kitchen]
    Carrie just weakly pecks her cheek in return and buries her face between Soteira's shoulder and neck to respond, holding her more tightly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

[Outside Kitchen]

Soteira stays like that for a minute or two, then stands up. Somehow she's effortlessly holding Carrie in her arms, which just isn't fair. You need to rest, Carrie. Let's go to bed.

30. - Top - End - #210

MagOffice - Assumptions!

The drow nods.
    Yeah, it surprises a lot of people.
    She says with amusement to Magtok
    "It is, however, rather unfortunate, in that there are others who can heal better and faster than you can. What else have you got? I presume there's some combat aspect to the whole 'combat medic' thing which can keep you from being overshadowed completely by those with magic or sufficiently advanced technology." Magtok chooses his words carefully, trying not to sound too critical of the drow for specializing in the medical field. He's dabbled in that kind of stuff himself; it doesn't make him any less of a talented combatant, after all.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson