New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I think he means lame in regards to it being just "I shoot lightning".
    Oh! Then yes, in that case, I have to agree. :-)

It's annoying the Fullbring arc was so awful(...)
    I liked that arc. In many ways, it was the best one since Soul Society.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Whole new chapter for Ichigo's arrival. Well, and learning that the fire Quincy is still alive, and is going to fight Shinji. And just how influential Kenpachi is.

New plot in a chapter slows to a crawl, but that's to be expected. Gotta break 700 chapters somehow.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

This chapter genuinely could of been done in two pages. Gotta love Kubo's desire to stretch things out as much as possible. DIEACIDE PART 20.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Up until directly AFTER Aizen reveals he's behind everything, Bleach is really good. Once he becomes Godaizen of Hollowland, the story starts to fall apart.

Butterflyzen is the final straw, of sorts.
    Aizen never bothered me as much as Ichigo's decay after White Zangetsu reveals himself. I mean, I understand why Ichigo falls apart so pathetically, but it removes the best part of the series for me. What made Bleach so cool to me, at least at first, was the fact that Ichigo felt like a counter-shonen lead to me. He wasn't stupid like Goku or Urameshi, he wasn't loud and obnoxious like Naruto or Luffy, and he wasn't some incorruptably pure soul like Goku (again). He was just an honest, hard-working student who liked a good fight but didn't fight because he enjoyed it, he only did when there was a purpose. And while he never gave up (like all Shonen leads), it wasn't due to being hotblooded and driven, it was powered by a cooler, more steely resolve. He was a badass of the highest caliber, that would do the job not because it put him closer to his goals or because something offended his ideals, but because the job was there and he wasn't the sort to leave the burden to someone else.

Then White Zangetsu appeared, and he stopped being a badass. He started giving in to fear, he started holding back, and the mad cackle of his monochrome counterpart eroded his resolve and started stealing his moments to shine. He went from being weaker than his enemies but unwilling to acknowledge it to being stronger than his enemies but crippled by his own fear. He stopped being fun.

The Fullbring arc did a lot to restore him, and it did a wonderful job of breaking him first. Ichigo always shrugged off being a Soul Reaper as just being a duty, a job that he could do and thus one he should do. Losing his powers didn't seem to really bother him, as it meant that it was no longer his duty. But then he was pushed into obtaining his Fullbring and then quickly and cruelly stripped of it. I haven't seen the scene in the manga, but the anime did a fantastic job of portraying his anguish as he realized how important his role as a guardian was to him, that that power wasn't just a burden he was willing to accept, but a burden he actively wanted. As silly and stupid as the arc was in general, the fact that it rebooted Ichigo makes it one of my personal favorites.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

5. - Top - End - #275

Man, Ichigo used to be a kind of smart protagonist. It's a shame seeing what he's become. Bleach fell apart in so many ways.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Personally, I'm also digging the old jagged, Zombie Powder-y art style better. Feels unique, unlike the cookie cutter bishi these days
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Personally, I'm also digging the old jagged, Zombie Powder-y art style better. Feels unique, unlike the cookie cutter bishi these days
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, remembering when Bleach was good. Shinji was foreshadowed on that cover art. He didn't show up until it was too late. His power was so cool. It was beaten because LolAizen.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Oh yeah, one thing this chapter did show: Ichigo's immense speed. The classic how-did-you-behind-me routine.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #279
    Halfling in the Playground

A question i would have is: what happens next? Well obviously we will now see Ichigo kicking everyone's b*tt, but this arc seems way from finished. Ichigo just came back, has a new sword, byakuga didn't fight so far, squad 0 hasn't done much, the spirit king, etc. So what will happen to slow ichigo down so much, that it stops him from just winning this show by himself?

10. - Top - End - #280

Ichigo kills the Team Girl Squad, finishes up all the named Quincy's that are still around (Burning Finger, Nanana Najacoop, etc). During this, another Quincy we never heard of will appear and attack, drawing everyone into Quincyshadowland, and then we fight through more new Quincies that are much much stronger then the ones that where fighting the war but where left here because.

Then Ichigo fights Ishida, and Ishida reveals himself as a good guy by arrowing Bach who ignores it and beats Ishida and then the two tussle and then it's game over.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Ichigo kills the Team Girl Squad, finishes up all the named Quincy's that are still around (Burning Finger, Nanana Najacoop, etc). During this, another Quincy we never heard of will appear and attack, drawing everyone into Quincyshadowland, and then we fight through more new Quincies that are much much stronger then the ones that where fighting the war but where left here because.

Then Ichigo fights Ishida, and Ishida reveals himself as a good guy by arrowing Bach who ignores it and beats Ishida and then the two tussle and then it's game over.
    I seriously doubt Ichigo is going to finish everybody. There are quite a few Bankai we have yet to see - Captain Tuberculosis, Zaraki (if he's going to get one), Urahara, Isshin, Shunsui, Shinji, Love, and all five of the Squad Zero Captains.

Even without Zaraki that's 11 Bankai, and that's assuming nobody new got a Bankai.

There aren't even enough Sternritter left to go 1v1 and still see all of them.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I seriously doubt Ichigo is going to finish everybody. There are quite a few Bankai we have yet to see - Captain Tuberculosis, Zaraki (if he's going to get one), Urahara, Isshin, Shunsui, Shinji, Love, and all five of the Squad Zero Captains.

Even without Zaraki that's 11 Bankai, and that's assuming nobody new got a Bankai.

There aren't even enough Sternritter left to go 1v1 and still see all of them.
    Don't forget that Chad and Orihime and Totally Not Gimmjow are learning Quincy tech from Urahara so they can be powerful too. So they can lose.

Also, a solution: ACCENTED LETTERS! I'M UBER, THE UMLAUT QUINCY.

Basically I'm saying Bleach is bad.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-05-22 at 07:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I figured out two more possible Sternritters.

1. Fonzi Fonzerelli the "EEEEHHHHH"

2. Suprise Crossover with Toriko and we have a SternRibbit Mappy Moshfrog the C(roak)

14. - Top - End - #284

Don't forget that Chad and Orihime and Totally Not Gimmjow are learning Quincy tech from Urahara so they can be powerful too. So they can lose.

Also, a solution: ACCENTED LETTERS! I'M UBER, THE UMLAUT QUINCY.

Basically I'm saying Bleach is bad.
    I love everything about this post.

Yet here I am, still reading this tripe, in the ever thinning hope that Kubo will pull the greatest surprise twist of them all by ending the series well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post

Yet here I am, still reading this tripe, in the ever thinning hope that Kubo will pull the greatest surprise twist of them all by ending the series well.
    We're nearly 700 chapters in, we continue to follow solely because we wish to see the final embers fall from it's eyes as it finishes burning out from the horrible train wreck that it got in back in like chapter 200.

We watch because we want to see the steam rise from it's carcass as it finally passes.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

We're nearly 700 chapters in, we continue to follow solely because we wish to see the final embers fall from it's eyes as it finishes burning out from the horrible train wreck that it got in back in like chapter 200.

We watch because we want to see the steam rise from it's carcass as it finally passes.
    I...I Just don't understand this mindset, at all. If something makes you this angry, this disenfranchised, this let-down, why bother? Better yet, why do you insist on bringing your negativity into this thread? I can barely stand to even come into this thread, and I won't even go near the naruto thread anymore, because half the posts in both threads do nothing but bash on the manga it represents constantly. It's gotten so bad that there is more arguing and nastiness(and not just towards the manga) and negativity, then there is actual discussion going on. Did no one in these threads watch Bambi growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say nothing at all. I realize that can't hold 100% true here on the internet, because of anonymity and no-one cares how badly they act, but geez, it's not like Kubo or whomever actually comes and reads these threads looking for inspiration or to hear what he's done wrong. If you want to bash on it so badly, write him a long, detailed letter with logical though out points of what you think has been done wrong, and send it to him. Can't we leave these threads to actual, civil, discussions about the manga in question, without it CONSTANTLY being a bash fest? Does no-one else get wholly tired of reading nothing but negativity?

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I...I Just don't understand this mindset, at all. If something makes you this angry, this disenfranchised, this let-down, why bother? Better yet, why do you insist on bringing your negativity into this thread? I can barely stand to even come into this thread, and I won't even go near the naruto thread anymore, because half the posts in both threads do nothing but bash on the manga it represents constantly. It's gotten so bad that there is more arguing and nastiness(and not just towards the manga) and negativity, then there is actual discussion going on. Did no one in these threads watch Bambi growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say nothing at all. I realize that can't hold 100% true here on the internet, because of anonymity and no-one cares how badly they act, but geez, it's not like Kubo or whomever actually comes and reads these threads looking for inspiration or to hear what he's done wrong. If you want to bash on it so badly, write him a long, detailed letter with logical though out points of what you think has been done wrong, and send it to him. Can't we leave these threads to actual, civil, discussions about the manga in question, without it CONSTANTLY being a bash fest? Does no-one else get wholly tired of reading nothing but negativity?
    I'm not entirely negative. Bleach still has it's good moments! It's just that Gremmy's started us on a down turn of sorts. It'll pop back up in a bit, don't worry.

I'll be honest, I don't so much want to see it die out of malice, as I do out of closure. I've followed this story since the Fullbring arc started, but I've read all of it leading up to it so I feel invested, even if the series has done a lot to make me wish I didn't. I want to see how it ends because I've devoted this time to it.

We ARE having civil discussions, it's just that right now Bleach is doing that thing Bleach does where Kubo gets bored and loses track of what things are going on, and introduces things like "THE ZEROTH ESPADA". Or we're gonna have Chad show up, be awesome, and then lose anyway because being Chad is suffering. Or Orihime is going to continue to not be useful with a power that literally erases reality and substitutes her own.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

That'd make him truly the greatest troll of all. "Oh you stopped reading Bleach? A shame cause the ending WAS AWESOME. SO AWESOME I'D SAY CANDLEJACK JUST TO READ IT!"

Something about how he spent all those hours not working just so he could write the best ending ev-

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I keep up with bleach because I wanna see Bankais.

I keep up with Naruto because I wanna see how deep the rabbit hole of terrible goes.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not entirely negative. Bleach still has it's good moments! It's just that Gremmy's started us on a down turn of sorts. It'll pop back up in a bit, don't worry.

I'll be honest, I don't so much want to see it die out of malice, as I do out of closure. I've followed this story since the Fullbring arc started, but I've read all of it leading up to it so I feel invested, even if the series has done a lot to make me wish I didn't. I want to see how it ends because I've devoted this time to it.

We ARE having civil discussions, it's just that right now Bleach is doing that thing Bleach does where Kubo gets bored and loses track of what things are going on, and introduces things like "THE ZEROTH ESPADA". Or we're gonna have Chad show up, be awesome, and then lose anyway because being Chad is suffering. Or Orihime is going to continue to not be useful with a power that literally erases reality and substitutes her own.
    I don't think I can consider that 4-5 page back n forth about whether or not Zaraki's zanpakto was in a permanent sealed state as civil ^^ And that honestly seems to be the norm lately. I'll admit, there are times when everyone on here is friendlier/happier(like with Mask de Masquiline or whatever his name was), but for the most part, it's just constant complaining about how bad the manga has gotten, and it just honestly frustrates me. I love the manga(and the naruto manga). I don't see the point in dissecting it into tiny little parts and then flame them into oblivion. If a person doesn't enjoy something, don't do it. If you have a lot of time invested in it, I can understand sticking around, but constantly complaining about it does no-one any good, and it just frustrates those of us who get tired of hearing the same complaints voiced over and over.(and I"m not singling out anyone here, I only quoted your post and the other persons because they were just the latest of many similar posts). It kind of reminds me of when I was in the military, and being told to hurry the hell up and get somewhere, only to wait for hours. You could complain, but it wasn't going to do any good, and it was likely just to tick off your fellow soldiers, and it was definitely going to tick off your superiors.

On a more specific note: I really don't get the hate towards Yammy. Maybe it's because I didn't read the manga for that stuff, just watched the anime, but it was painfully obvious to me from the start that Yammy was a hell of a lot stronger then #10. Guy gets his arm sewn back on, doesn't even flinch about it, then casually kills the guy who sewed it back on? Yeah, that's not the attitude of a guy at the bottom of the totem pole, it's the attitude of the guy who knows he is arguably the strongest out of everyone, as long as he saves his power long enough.

Edit: I don't know, maybe it's just a case of entirely different mindsets. Having been in a lot of situations where complaining is counter-productive, I tend not to do it unless it's going to have an actual impact on the situation at hand(Like, at a restaurant, when my food is messed up. I complain, I send it back, get new, better food in return, sometimes my meal is comped. That's a situation to complain in). If it doesn't have an effect(like if I don't enjoy how a movie ended, I'll say "Man, that sucked", and I'm done. I don't see the point in expounding on why it sucked, because it's not going to change anything), I don't see reason to bother. The world is brim-full of negativity, I don't want to add more to it.

Double edit: And before someone brings it up, I don't believe I'm doing the same thing right now, because I honestly believe that by pointing out the constant tendency to be negative on these threads, that at least one person may possible consider changing their attitude towards it(not to actually liking the manga, but to not complain all the time about it). I bring this up because my wife just said "Well, aren't you being negative by complaining about their complaining" which did make me stop and think for a moment.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-05-22 at 11:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

I don't think I can consider that 4-5 page back n forth about whether or not Zaraki's zanpakto was in a permanent sealed state as civil ^^

On a more specific note: I really don't get the hate towards Yammy. Maybe it's because I didn't read the manga for that stuff, just watched the anime, but it was painfully obvious to me from the start that Yammy was a hell of a lot stronger then #10. Guy gets his arm sewn back on, doesn't even flinch about it, then casually kills the guy who sewed it back on? Yeah, that's not the attitude of a guy at the bottom of the totem pole, it's the attitude of the guy who knows he is arguably the strongest out of everyone, as long as he saves his power long enough.
    Not my fault

Yammy's problem is that it's out of nowhere and is really stupid if you stop and think about it. I'll provide an example of something along the sames lines of it.

Spoiler: Katekiyo Hitman Reborn
    Show
    In Katekiyo Hitman Reborn, there is a months long arc fighting The Nine Funeral Wreaths, a super badass enemy squad. After beating them all and being pushed to the limit, the villain reveals "Good job. And now face THE REAL Nine Funeral Wreaths!" and reveals nine new bad guys to fight. And like, from that point on, the original Funeral Wreaths, are still called that, and the new ones are called The Real Funeral Wreaths. It's not a sarcastic sort of "those where just fakes". They really where the real miniboss squad. But now fight the second group that is called "The Real Funeral Wreaths". It's baffling and horrible.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

and the reveal did nothing because 2 guys who were supposedly much weaker than Ichigo beat someone who is stronger than Emo-Hollow Crowfacepaint guy.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Not my fault

Yammy's problem is that it's out of nowhere and is really stupid if you stop and think about it. I'll provide an example of something along the sames lines of it.

Spoiler: Katekiyo Hitman Reborn
    Show
    In Katekiyo Hitman Reborn, there is a months long arc fighting The Nine Funeral Wreaths, a super badass enemy squad. After beating them all and being pushed to the limit, the villain reveals "Good job. And now face THE REAL Nine Funeral Wreaths!" and reveals nine new bad guys to fight. And like, from that point on, the original Funeral Wreaths, are still called that, and the new ones are called The Real Funeral Wreaths. It's not a sarcastic sort of "those where just fakes". They really where the real miniboss squad. But now fight the second group that is called "The Real Funeral Wreaths". It's baffling and horrible.
    lmao. I'll agree that sounds absolutely awful, and like I said, I didn't read the manga part involving Yammy, so I have no idea how well it was foreshadowed, but the anime did everything but say it out loud that he wasn't what he was shown to be, at least to me ^^ When he revealed himself to be the "0th Espada" and this absolutely massive creature of incredible power I was just like "Yep, saw it coming, to bad Zaraki and Byakuya are gonna kick your butt cuz your so freaking slow" It would have been cooler if it he had been this super quick giant creature, might have been a challenge then, but he was just as slow as he looked.

Hehe, I kinda want to go find the anime you just referenced now, just to see that part, LOL. It sounds so cringe-worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    and the reveal did nothing because 2 guys who were supposedly much weaker than Ichigo beat someone who is stronger than Emo-Hollow Crowfacepaint guy.
    I can't remember, did his reveal occur before or after Ichigo's power-up while fighting Mr.Emo? If it was before, can't really say Ichigo was more powerful then either. Ichigo had just gotten his butt whomped by the 5th Espada(granted, it was after he beat Grimmjow), who got his butt whomped by a Zaraki who took the fight seriously enough to hold his sword with two hands. So, going by that, Zaraki at the least was equal to Ichigo pre-emo 4th espada power-up.

Hmm, that actually brings up another question: Did Zaraki ever wield his sword with two hands while fighting Ichigo during the Soul-Society rescue rukia arc? If not, I wonder why not?
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-05-22 at 11:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

lmao. I'll agree that sounds absolutely awful, and like I said, I didn't read the manga part involving Yammy, so I have no idea how well it was foreshadowed, but the anime did everything but say it out loud that he wasn't what he was shown to be, at least to me ^^ When he revealed himself to be the "0th Espada" and this absolutely massive creature of incredible power I was just like "Yep, saw it coming, to bad Zaraki and Byakuya are gonna kick your butt cuz your so freaking slow" It would have been cooler if it he had been this super quick giant creature, might have been a challenge then, but he was just as slow as he looked.

Hehe, I kinda want to go find the anime you just referenced now, just to see that part, LOL. It sounds so cringe-worthy!
    Manga wise, they mention time and time again that Yammy is the weakest of them. All that stuff he does is just commonplace. Everyone can do that, even losers. And then Yammy becomes the Zeroth Espada out of nowhere and is like "MY TEN IS ACTUALLY A ZERO! WHEN LIMITING MYSELF I'M A TEN BUT NOW I'M A ZERO, WHICH IS LOWER THEN ONE AND THUS MEANS I'M STRONGER"

Then he's killed off screen. You can see why people would dislike this.

I don't know if Katekiyo Hitman Reborn has an anime or not. Wait, no, it does. I don't know if they got to the Future arc though, because...the series is really bad. The worst of it early one is...I'll spoil it, but you people who've read this know what I'm going to say.

Spoiler: Something worse then Eyeball Magic from Naruto.
    Show
    Illusory organs. I uses illusions to give you organs, and they allow you to live. If I stop being awake your illusionary organs go away because they don't exist, thus causing your chest to cave in. But once I wake up your chest will inflate back up as the organs that don't exist start to exist again. Because illusions.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Eh, it's not like everything's negative. Like you said, Bleach has its ups (like Mask's awesomeness). It's just that the amount of crud appears more often than the amount of palatable stuff, and we can't really talk about Mask forever.

Personally, I think the better parts of the Blood War arc is at the beginning, with all introductions and hype... and "OMFG Sasakibe got killed"... and "Badass As Nodt creamed captain snob"
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-05-23 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I can't remember, did his reveal occur before or after Ichigo's power-up while fighting Mr.Emo? If it was before, can't really say Ichigo was more powerful then either. Ichigo had just gotten his butt whomped by the 5th Espada(granted, it was after he beat Grimmjow), who got his butt whomped by a Zaraki who took the fight seriously enough to hold his sword with two hands. So, going by that, Zaraki at the least was equal to Ichigo pre-emo 4th espada power-up.

Hmm, that actually brings up another question: Did Zaraki ever wield his sword with two hands while fighting Ichigo during the Soul-Society rescue rukia arc? If not, I wonder why not?
    That happened after, it happened in the same span of time that it was revealed to us that Ichigo's clothing showed how much power he had left.

27. - Top - End - #297

That happened after, it happened in the same span of time that it was revealed to us that Ichigo's clothing showed how much power he had left.
    I can see Rule 34 coming into play on that very subject.

As for the griping about the awful series, it's just nice to know that I am not the only one trapped in this prison by a need for closure. It's the same reason I still read the Anita Blake books.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

I can see Rule 34 coming into play on that very subject.

As for the griping about the awful series, it's just nice to know that I am not the only one trapped in this prison by a need for closure. It's the same reason I still read the Anita Blake books.
    I love the Anita Blake books, just patiently waiting for the one directly after
    Spoiler: spoiler
    Show
    Her defeat of the Mother of Darkness
    to come out in paperback(or has it?), because all I've been able to find in local book stores are hardback copies and they want 18 bucks for them(and that's at the thrift bookstore for crying out loud ><).

29. - Top - End - #299

SwashbucklerGuy

I still read it because I honestly still enjoy it. :-)

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Eh, it's not like everything's negative. Like you said, Bleach has its ups (like Mask's awesomeness). It's just that the amount of crud appears more often than the amount of palatable stuff, and we can't really talk about Mask forever.

Personally, I think the better parts of the Blood War arc is at the beginning, with all introductions and hype... and "OMFG Sasakibe got killed"... and "Badass As Nodt creamed captain snob"
    Sasakibe being killed is actually one of the worst things Bleach has ever done. He was such a great character who everyone loved, killing him off lost Bleach a lot of fans because of how well nice a guy he was. Man, I remember the time he stood around in two panels existing and then never showed up at all in the entire fight with Aizen despite being there at the start of it. And I remember how great it was, seeing him use his Bankai, the first person to really gain a Bankai even though he was so humble about it only Genryusai knew. Man, Sasakibe sure is a great character.

I can't even begin to hold all my bluetext sarcasm.

Yoooou! I finally remember where I've heard your name before. Just noting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    I still read it because I honestly still enjoy it. :-)
    Understandable. I enjoy the experience I get from reading it by discussing it with friends.