New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    All German are Nazis, apparently, and Quincies are a fantasy counterpart german culture.
    Well, then I'm off. I need to turn myself in to the police now i guess.
    Blue is the correct color for sarcasm, right?
    Spoiler: New chapter
    Show
    I am also astonished,by the fact, that once again almost nothing happened apart from the obvious Ichigo-has-become-super-op part. But at least we now know that the Quincy have a plan,(I wouldn't have guessed)

Also, please note, that I'm not nearly as negative towards Bleach, as it may seem. I just tend to put my thoughts into rather... critical words sometimes.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Cherubim bows, to boot.

Ichigo's design is awesome as always; one thing that Kubo never fails in delivering.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd care more about Ichigo's design if Kubo didn't change it every arc. Or twice an arc. It's bothersome.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hattington View Post
    Now this might be a little bit off-topic, but is anybody else bothered by the fact, that the incredibly evil and terrible quincy actually speak (horrible) german? I know i might be overreacting, but it has already bothered me for quite some time, as it seems to me, that Kubos thoughts on that matter were: evil, nazi-like empire? let them use german for their attacks, just to stress it a little bit.

P.S. On another note, I don't think, that Kubo will actually use Umlaute for the Sternritter. It wouldn't make sense, simply for the fact, that the words he had to use for this would need to be german, while all the other Sternritter-names aren't. Also, the german words, that do start with Umlauten, are pretty unfitting most of the time. (Then again we're talking about Kubo...)
    The Arrancar in Hueco Mundo were using pretty terrible Spanish.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    The Arrancar in Hueco Mundo were using pretty terrible Spanish.
    Indeed they did :). As I said, I probably exaggerated a little bit, because it's my home country and germany=nazi is a connection, you can become sick of rather fast. (even though I understand and support, that the things of that time are held against us even 70 years later. It's nothing you should try to play down or forget)

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    All I could think of through that entire chapter was...

"Now you feel like number 1, shining bright for everyone Living out your fantasies"

Woo-ohh Ohh-ho
    If you want to see some action, you gotta be the center OF AT-TRAC-TION~

Also, is it just me, or does Ichigo's new outfit look like he's wearing a captain's coat? At first I thought it was incorporating the look of the Quincy's into his Shinigami outfit, but it looks more like a straight-up upgrade.

I think maybe I should follow more monthly manga, like I used to with Fullmetal Alchemist. There's more stuff that happens in those 40-50 pages.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Woo-ohh Ohh-ho

Also, is it just me, or does Ichigo's new outfit look like he's wearing a captain's coat? At first I thought it was incorporating the look of the Quincy's into his Shinigami outfit, but it looks more like a straight-up upgrade.

I think maybe I should follow more monthly manga, like I used to with Fullmetal Alchemist. There's more stuff that happens in those 40-50 pages.
    Berserk's updating again, and Claymore's bimonthly or something but it's updating constantly. So you could pick up those!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not super-late or anything, but today I just haven't been able to shake off the image of Ishida Ryuken shouting "***** stole my bride!" as Isshin runs off to the night with Masaki...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm not super-late or anything, but today I just haven't been able to shake off the image of Ishida Ryuken shouting "***** stole my bride!" as Isshin runs off to the night with Masaki...
    I wish. A series staring RYuken, Isshin, and Masaki would be kind of cool.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo-ohh Ohh-ho

Nothing says you can't just take a break for a month and read 4 chapters at once.

There don't seem to be that many good monthly manga anymore. Most of the good ones tend to rather quickly move to weekly spots.

However, even letting some series build up for a few chapters I follow enough different manga and Korean webocomics that come out weekly to always have something to read.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-05-28 at 02:14 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing says you can't just take a break for a month and read 4 chapters at once.

There don't seem to be that many good monthly manga anymore. Most of the good ones tend to rather quickly move to weekly spots.

However, even letting some series build up for a few chapters I follow enough different manga and Korean webocomics that come out weekly to always have something to read.
    I'm a modern person, which means I have a short attention span and get gratification as soon as it is available. Plus, half the fun is in the discussion of the chapters.

I do follow two webcomics that are almost daily and one webcomic I follow less but also updates regularly, but that's one strip compared to a whole chapter.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm a modern person, which means I have a short attention span and get gratification as soon as it is available. Plus, half the fun is in the discussion of the chapters.

I do follow two webcomics that are almost daily and one webcomic I follow less but also updates regularly, but that's one strip compared to a whole chapter.
    Korean webcomics are not the same as American webcomics.

American webcomics tend to have 1 page or strip and updated a couple times a week.

Korean webcomics these days are basically weekly manga - where they are drawn with one long continuous image, but if you broke them up in pages they typically run 20-40 pages.

Good example of a Korean webcomic here (and one of my favorite series, btw) : http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7/tower...by_the-company
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-05-28 at 04:37 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Banned

Korean webcomics are not the same as American webcomics.

American webcomics tend to have 1 page or strip and updated a couple times a week.

Korean webcomics these days are basically weekly manga - where they are drawn with one long continuous image, but if you broke them up in pages they typically run 20-40 pages.

Good example of a Korean webcomic here (and one of my favorite series, btw) : http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7/tower...by_the-company
    That's one of my favorites. Is there any news on when his hiatus is going to end?

13. - Top - End - #343
    Firbolg in the Playground

One thing I like about these 4 new chicks is they all look different. I seem to recall Kubo getting some crap for only being able to draw 1 type of jaw line or something, but to me they're quite... unique.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #344
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    One thing I like about these 4 new chicks is they all look different. I seem to recall Kubo getting some crap for only being able to draw 1 type of jaw line or something, but to me they're quite... unique.
    The one with the large mouth ability and short hair reminds me of a female Shinji.... but I guess it's just me.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    That's one of my favorites. Is there any news on when his hiatus is going to end?
    The ending of the last chapter had an explanation.

He's had wrist trouble for a while now and was considering surgery, but a doctor recommended that with an orthosis (not sure what that is, but some kind of medical device) he would recover without surgery.

So he's basically resting until it recovers - when that is will be determined by his doctor. Probably a few weeks is my guess. Nothing concrete has been said because the author himself doesn't know.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-05-28 at 08:34 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

The ending of the last chapter had an explanation.

He's had wrist trouble for a while now and was considering surgery, but a doctor recommended that with an orthosis (not sure what that is, but some kind of medical device) he would recover without surgery.

So he's basically resting until it recovers - when that is will be determined by his doctor. Probably a few weeks is my guess. Nothing concrete has been said because the author himself doesn't know.
    I saw that, and it said probably 6 weeks at the time. He has a history of trying to rush himself back early though and he promised to keep in touch through blog posts so I wasn't sure if there was any news.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

So a random thought... By my count Ichigo has "lost his powers" at least 4 times.

Rukia's Shinigami power at the beginning
    The Final Getssua
    when his Fulbring gets stolen
    And when his bankai gets broken

Did I miss any?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    So a random thought... By my count Ichigo has "lost his powers" at least 4 times.

Rukia's Shinigami power at the beginning
    The Final Getssua
    when his Fulbring gets stolen
    And when his bankai gets broken

Did I miss any?
    When Kon, possessing Ichigo's body, tried something nasty on Rukia
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Banned

When Kon, possessing Ichigo's body, tried something nasty on Rukia
    I think the discussion was powers being lost, not ...Other things.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Woo-ohh Ohh-ho

That is the only bad part of the anime being gone, even when the plot was going terribly the Sountrack had some killer tunes.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Woot! New Technique! Well, a new Getsuga at any rate. Any idea what the new word translates to? Pretty cool that he now has a far more powerful Getsuga, though obviously to be expected with his new swords. Pretty sure Thunderbolt girl is finished after this. Either dead, or close enough that she's entirely removed from the fight.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Ichigo IS using them as a warming up excercise. I don't think he is fighting at full power and is just testing things out in combat. This chapter seemed a bit short to me though.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Definitely a warm up. Just look at how he nudges his blade instead of arcing it wide. Of course Bleach being Bleach, playing with your opponent even at wartime is apparently good idea.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: warm-up
    Show
    Well, duh! An athlete doesn't want to start cold because he may tear or other wise injure his muscles. Obviously Ichigo is just warming up, expanding his power slowly...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

25. - Top - End - #355

Well that chapter happened.

See you next week. I basically have...nothing to say about this.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Definitely a warm up. Just look at how he nudges his blade instead of arcing it wide. Of course Bleach being Bleach, playing with your opponent even at wartime is apparently good idea.
    Those hot pants of hers definitely warm me up.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #357

I'll give her that. Kubo is good at drawing ladies.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Alright I'mma start some discussion anyway...
    Show
    Is it just me or these girls, Bambietta include, absolutely despise each other? Just the vibe I'm getting. Then again, I'm not too familiar with stereotypical anime girl-cliques

29. - Top - End - #359

Spoiler: Alright I'mma start some discussion anyway...
    Show
    Is it just me or these girls, Bambietta include, absolutely despise each other? Just the vibe I'm getting. Then again, I'm not too familiar with stereotypical anime girl-cliques
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's kind of like that. I think they just don't like the lightning lady.

30. - Top - End - #360

Spoiler: Chapter
    Show
    Ichigo did his normal Getsuga Tensho wih the smaller sword, the one the represents his quincy powers.

Crack theory time. Getsuga wasn't actually one of Ichigo's Zanpakuto abilities until after he reconciled his powers and integrated his Quincy abilities into his Zanpakuto.

Rather it was the old man forcing Ichigo's Shinigami powers to imitate his fathers shinigami technique.

I wouldn't be surprised if the base shikai getsuga had the reaitsu that composes it structured similarly to the reishi in a Quincy's arrow(We already know that the Bankai is more Similar to a Cero)

The Second Getsuga Technique uses both swords, so probably either incorporates Quincy and Hollow/Shinigami energy's, or alternativly Ichigo can use either power with either sword, even though each one nominally represents one aspect of his power.

I'm leaning towards the second, due to the second Getsuga resembling a cross(important to the Quincy) and both Getsuga looking sorta like Quincy techniques(at least, more so than originally)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks