New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter
    Show
    Ichigo did his normal Getsuga Tensho wih the smaller sword, the one the represents his quincy powers.

Crack theory time. Getsuga wasn't actually one of Ichigo's Zanpakuto abilities until after he reconciled his powers and integrated his Quincy abilities into his Zanpakuto.

Rather it was the old man forcing Ichigo's Shinigami powers to imitate his fathers shinigami technique.

I wouldn't be surprised if the base shikai getsuga had the reaitsu that composes it structured similarly to the reishi in a Quincy's arrow(We already know that the Bankai is more Similar to a Cero)

The Second Getsuga Technique uses both swords, so probably either incorporates Quincy and Hollow/Shinigami energy's, or alternativly Ichigo can use either power with either sword, even though each one nominally represents one aspect of his power.

I'm leaning towards the second, due to the second Getsuga resembling a cross(important to the Quincy) and both Getsuga looking sorta like Quincy techniques(at least, more so than originally)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm willing to bet that type of background complexity is too advanced for Kubo. If anything, I'd propose that his explanation (if he even ever bothers to give one) is something along the lines of "If one is powerful, two makes it twice as powerful."
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2014-06-04 at 07:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, I'd just to like to see one more Bleach Movie with Ichigo's new HAX powers.... and play it differently where the opponents think they have a shot against him because they have outdated knowledge and his new powers far exceed them, so he has to hunt them down instead of them going to him because they have another motive they revolves around him being distracted. I mean we probably had that in the other films, but it's more of an excuse to get one last showing for Ichigo in the big screen (unless somehow it turns into a DBZ thing where they still make movies even though the manga and anime are over)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

My only response to this chapter

*Continues to sing Number 1*

4. - Top - End - #364
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Any idea what the new word translates to?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moonfang Cross-piercer appears to be a good guess.
    Reddit link.

Spoiler: Chapter
    Show
    Ichigo did his normal Getsuga Tensho wih the smaller sword, the one the represents his quincy powers. Crack theory time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each one is capable of using the other's power. Think back to Urahar's zanpakuto manifestation device pulling BZ out to teach Bankai, the Asauchi that drew Ichigo's hollow/shinigami avatar out to forge both blades, or BZ him self saying he rescued Ichigo using IH's powers.

Originally, there wasn't free reign on cross-use. IH kind of wanted Ichigo's body and BZ wanted to remain the dominate spirit. But BZ as willingly stepped aside now so either IH can freely using the qunicy pool, or they merged.

Which would be interesting to see. In the flashback during the last Aizen fight, BZ in Tensa Zangetsu and a partially masked IH merged, but the avatar was 1/2 & 1/2 rather than a "true" and seamless fusion between the two. It'd be interesting to know what they'd look like now.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moonfang Cross-piercer appears to be a good guess.
    Reddit link.
    Oh. That sucks. LOL. I mean, it's cool, but his regular Getsuga means Piercer of Heaven iirc, which sounds a lot more powerful then Moonfang Cross-piercer. I was hoping for like "Heaven/Hell Destroyer" or "Galaxy splitter" or something. LOLOL
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-06-04 at 09:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366

RedWizardGuy

Oh. That sucks. LOL. I mean, it's cool, but his regular Getsuga means Piercer of Heaven iirc, which sounds a lot more powerful then Moonfang Cross-piercer. I was hoping for like "Heaven/Hell Destroyer" or "Galaxy splitter" or something. LOLOL
    What? You wanted Ichigo to pull out a giant mecha and use it to rip out the hearts of his enemies? Well, it would be a good bankai, i concede that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    ROFL! Oh man, that seriously had me laughing so hard I ended up with hiccups! So awesome :)

8. - Top - End - #368
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Each one is capable of using the other's power. Think back to Urahar's zanpakuto manifestation device pulling BZ out to teach Bankai, the Asauchi that drew Ichigo's hollow/shinigami avatar out to forge both blades, or BZ him self saying he rescued Ichigo using IH's powers.

Originally, there wasn't free reign on cross-use. IH kind of wanted Ichigo's body and BZ wanted to remain the dominate spirit. But BZ as willingly stepped aside now so either IH can freely using the qunicy pool, or they merged.

Which would be interesting to see. In the flashback during the last Aizen fight, BZ in Tensa Zangetsu and a partially masked IH merged, but the avatar was 1/2 & 1/2 rather than a "true" and seamless fusion between the two. It'd be interesting to know what they'd look like now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What you just explained is basically the second possibility I suggested. Either sword (and by extension, spirit) can use either power, even though each of them represents a specific aspect of Ichigo's power

As for what the Sprits lok like now, we already know

That's Ichigo Manifesting Both Spirits shortly after his Zanpakuto was reforged.

Which means that Ichigo is the thrd known weilder of a dual Zanpakuto, like Captain Drunk and Captain Tuberculosis. Two Swords, ech with it's own spirit, even though it's one Zanpakuto

If Ichigo had stayed with one sword, then it would probably have looked like the Fused Tensa Zangetsu
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

I really like Ichigo's new design... The whole two sword aesthetic and the way his Fullbring makes his uniform look almost Captain-like is really cool. I just wonder if anyone will be able to give him a decent fight now besides Yhwach or Uryu. He's completely out of the league of those four and kinda just messing around.

I'm still pretty adamant that Getusga Tensho is a Shiba Clan technique, though, and not Ichigo's actual Zanpakuto ability even though I'm still waiting for him to lock both swords together so they take the appearance of a large bow, then fire off a giant Getsuga Arrow.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I'm still pretty adamant that Getusga Tensho is a Shiba Clan technique, though, and not Ichigo's actual Zanpakuto ability even though I'm still waiting for him to lock both swords together so they take the appearance of a large bow, then fire off a giant Getsuga Arrow.
    TOTALLY agree with you one this. I can't see Getusga as anything else other than something from the Shiba clan. Ichigo's dad uses it as well. Ichigo probably has his own take on it and has other things mixed in, but at it's core it's from the Shiba Clan. (I'm not sure it's it's a technique though, it looks like it may be inherited. More a natural ability.)
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #371

It's unlikely that it's specifically a Shiba technique, because no Shinigami or has comented on a Shinigami using a Shiba clan technique.

Add in that it seems to require a Zanpakuto, and Ichigo, Isshin, and Kaien are the only Shiba who have been Shinigami, which is a preequisite for having a Zanpakuto. Kaien is also not known to use it.

If it's a Shiba abillity, then 's more or less restricted to Isshin's direct line or something, and even that's suspect, becuase nobody's ever comented on him having the Technique of that Shinigami captain who vanished in the human world about 20 years ago, give or take.

Ichigo's Zanpakuto having a Similar name to Isshin's (Zangetsu to Engetsu) may imply Related Abilities, though Ichigo's Part Hollow and Part Quincy abilities heavily alter the end result.

Or it could just have been that the old man wasn't aware of what Ichigo's actual Zanpakuto Abillities were, so when Channeling them he forced them to imitate Isshin's Ability (which he knew about either from some kind of genetic memory or something)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm still waiting for Ichigo to use his large sword as a bow to fire his smaller sword.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

It's unlikely that it's specifically a Shiba technique, because no Shinigami or has comented on a Shinigami using a Shiba clan technique.

Add in that it seems to require a Zanpakuto, and Ichigo, Isshin, and Kaien are the only Shiba who have been Shinigami, which is a preequisite for having a Zanpakuto. Kaien is also not known to use it.

If it's a Shiba abillity, then 's more or less restricted to Isshin's direct line or something, and even that's suspect, becuase nobody's ever comented on him having the Technique of that Shinigami captain who vanished in the human world about 20 years ago, give or take.

Ichigo's Zanpakuto having a Similar name to Isshin's (Zangetsu to Engetsu) may imply Related Abilities, though Ichigo's Part Hollow and Part Quincy abilities heavily alter the end result.

Or it could just have been that the old man wasn't aware of what Ichigo's actual Zanpakuto Abillities were, so when Channeling them he forced them to imitate Isshin's Ability (which he knew about either from some kind of genetic memory or something)
    Kuukaku has what appears to be a Zanpakuto. Its sheathed and hanging behind her cut off arm. She also has used Kido - implying that she was at one point a Shinigami.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-06-05 at 10:04 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Kuukaku has what appears to be a Zanpakuto. Its sheathed and hanging behind her cut off arm. She also has used Kido - implying that she was at one point a Shinigami.
    There is nothing to suggest Ganju's black & white cleaver-like sword isn't a zanpakuto either.

Kaien Shiba's shikai was Nejibana. A kido type water based zanpakuto that hits with the force of a wave. And while Aaroniero never used an actual technique from it, empowered strikes is a shared theme found in both Isshin and Ichigo.

Another shared trait is being a cut above the rest, they were known for being one of the four great clans for a reason. Running down the list, Kaien possessed lieutenant level spirit energy when he entered the academy. Miyako was 3rd seat before she was targeted for hollowfication and died. Ganju managed to best the 5th seat Yumichika (there is no 4th seat and 3rd seat can access his bankai) and is currently training with the likes of Ginjo and broken-history Tsukishima. Kukaku has shown proficiency with hado spells up to the 63rd level and squad zero counted on her ability to send them back to their realm rather than employing any possible personal means. And Isshin can fight on a scale above all most every single captain even after they trained specifically to defeat Aizen while Isshin has been trapped as a human for the last two decades. Then of course, Ichigo him self. Pretty much 3rd seat is as weak as the clan gets and Miyako was married in rather than being born in.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

In other words, the Shiba Clan is hardcore. It's likely that Kukaku and Ganju were kicked out of the Gotei 13 after Isshin disappeared and Kaien died. The Noble Houses are s'posed to set an example, after all, and I imagine those two events in such quick succession really ruined their reputation. That's the only real explanation why the Shiba Clan is still so important and would explain why Kukaku can use such high level Kido without incantation and why Ganju is as strong as a Vice Captain when neither is using a Zanpakuto.

Whether or not this has any bearing on Getsuga Tensho being a Shiba Clan technique is pretty relevant, since we know that each Noble House always had something special whether it was knowledge, artifacts or duties. I think the reason why most folks in the Gotei 13 may not care if Ichigo can use the Getsuga Tensho is probably because they've known all along that Ichigo is Isshin's son - Isshin never really hid from anyone after all, heck Matsumoto and Hitsugaya even stayed at Ichigo's home, so I'd assume they just don't know he still has his Shinigami powers.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Firbolg in the Playground

(time to be super vague)

Wasn't there a show or movie where somebody had two swords and put them together and they formed a cross and something special happened?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #377

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    (time to be super vague)

Wasn't there a show or movie where somebody had two swords and put them together and they formed a cross and something special happened?
    Possibly, it's a relatively common trope for a dual wielder with sword beams to use them both to form a cross of some sort

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #378

Time to stir the thread up again because I read my Bleach over the weekend.

Giselle is becoming my favourite Femritter with her bizarrely cheerful attitude and the casual creepiness. The FemRitters do have a fun dynamic to watch and of course the little girl is the sanest one. As Thunderbolt's fighting Ichigo one-on-one, I expect them all to be zombified one by one.

Add my vote to the approval of Ichigo's new clothes. I was a bit unsure how he'd use two swords, especially with one that big, but he seems to be going alright. Hooray for Shonen Hero powers!
    While there's an argument about the Shiba clan going on, I'll chip in with my theory that The Getsuga is a type of energy - like The Force - that the Shiba can access (Shiba Jedi). After all, if the Shihonen (spelling?) are werecats, the other clans need something to keep up with that. (Poor Kuchkis only have bad drawing skills)

Also, I found this animation.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZrJCaM5cUM
    It's not the most accurate thing (for Bleach; I can't comment on the Naruto guy) and I suspect the power levels are somewhat skewed, but it's nicely done animation and fun to watch. The art style is completely different from both Anime, and for some reason Ichigo is green.
    I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter!

Spoiler: So it begins....
    Show
    Looks like Ywach is finally going to recall all the powers he bestowed on the other quincies. Such a shame, I was looking forward to Ichigo taking on all 8 without breaking a sweat, I mean he didn't even look remotely worried there, which is fairly impressive. Looking forward to next week to see exactly how Ywach goes about this, and if it will kill all the other quincies, or just leave them near death.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

New Chapter!

Spoiler: So it begins....
    Show
    Looks like Ywach is finally going to recall all the powers he bestowed on the other quincies. Such a shame, I was looking forward to Ichigo taking on all 8 without breaking a sweat, I mean he didn't even look remotely worried there, which is fairly impressive. Looking forward to next week to see exactly how Ywach goes about this, and if it will kill all the other quincies, or just leave them near death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    and number 1 is still playing in my mind...but about to get the record scratch as all the people Ichigo is about to beat the snot out of.

Which would be awesome if they still had an anime going, the music kicks, he gets ready to trounce them all..and they lose all their powers and the music stops as a nice call back to Aizen vs Ichigo 1

21. - Top - End - #381

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm yeah... I wonder if Ichigo will get to own all 8 at once before they get absorbed back into Yhwach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #382

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm yeah... I wonder if Ichigo will get to own all 8 at once before they get absorbed back into Yhwach.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, we know that everyone who received power from Bach also died when he took it back, so...yeah, no, they're all dead. Invalidating all the fighting we've seen involving these eight, yay!

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: The way I'd do it
    Show
    The way I'd do it, would be to have the Quincies still take Ichigo on, but one by one, starting nearest to the end of the alphabet, they get recalled by Yhwach and die--either after they've been defeated or right as they are in the midst of fighting, with the last one being in what looks like the moment of victory against Ichigo as s/he gets recalled.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    I may be (and probably am) wrong here. But I am getting a starnge Full Metal Alchemist "Five Sacrifices" vibe here.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Spoiler: The way I'd do it
    Show
    The way I'd do it, would be to have the Quincies still take Ichigo on, but one by one, starting nearest to the end of the alphabet, they get recalled by Yhwach and die--either after they've been defeated or right as they are in the midst of fighting, with the last one being in what looks like the moment of victory against Ichigo as s/he gets recalled.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would both rock, and suck, at the same time. It would rock, because yeah, that's an epic fight scene, but it would suck, because it would mean that if Ichigo couldn't even handle 8 of them, how in the hell would he ever handle Ywach after he's max powered up after having absorbed the very people Ichigo was fighting. No, unfortunately, the only way this would make sense would for Ichigo to totally run rampant over all 8, or they all just get absorbed before anything gets to happen.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-06-11 at 05:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if Yhwach's plan is going to go south because he made a mistake about Ichigo and his powers. Instead of Yhwach getting the power from the dead Quincies, Ichigo starts to absorb it. His inner Hollow is very much still there.

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if Yhwach's plan is going to go south because he made a mistake about Ichigo and his powers. Instead of Yhwach getting the power from the dead Quincies, Ichigo starts to absorb it. His inner Hollow is very much still there.
    Now *that* would be interesting. Ichigo has pulled power-absorbing in the past.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #388
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't give away the ending!

Spoiler
    Show
    If Ichigo consumes Yhwach's blood, then when he dies his hollowfied Quincy powers are returned to Yhwach whom has no natural resiliency to hollow cells.

Of course, Tite would never sacrifice his mary sue like that. Ishida will probably take his place instead by absorbing Ichigo's bankai and killing him self.
    Last edited by Mato; 2014-06-13 at 01:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389

Don't give away the ending!

Spoiler
    Show
    If Ichigo consumes Yhwach's blood, then when he dies his hollowfied Quincy powers are returned to Yhwach whom has no natural resiliency to hollow cells.

Of course, Tite would never sacrifice his mary sue like that. Ishida will probably take his place instead by absorbing Ichigo's bankai and killing him self.
    Hmm, I'm not so sure. SS seems like a good place for Ichigo to end up.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #390

Hmm, I'm not so sure. SS seems like a good place for Ichigo to end up.
    Its' unlikly that Ichigo would be in any condition to stay in soul society if he were killed and absorbed by Ywhach.

Of course, there's always the Devour from the inside out option, which would of course cuase Ichigo's peronality to overight Yhwachs, shift his body to look like Ichigos, and then the Holow/Shinigami half of Zangetsu eats the Personality of Yhwach, and the countless souls Yhwach has absorbed cuase the Hollow to evolves from an ordinary Hollow/Zanpakuto hybrid into a Vasto lorde/Zanpakuto hybrid(Since both the Shinigami/hollow and Guicy spirits are part of Zangetsu now, the Old Man get's a similar power boost.)

Ichogo's Zanpakuto changes one last time, and he gets an other power up, just intime to fight the soul king, who turns out to be the real big bad.

I have no idea how serious I am making this prediction

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks