New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: An unasked question
    Show
    It occures to me that we missed an important question. Why are Chad and Orihime being sent to the Soul Kings Realm? Ichigo I can see, but those two? Of course not being Soul Reapers they may have an advantage against the Quincy. And is Yoruichi going along? Who else are they going to send? Rukia and Renji?
    Chad and Orihime are two of Uryu's closest friends along with Ichigo. Why wouldn't you send them to try to convince Uryu to betray Yhwach? As for Yoruichi going, I have a feeling she and Urahara will be "distracting" (aka kicking the crap out of) Haschwalt. That way Ichigo, Orihime and Chad can convince Uryu to rejoin them and we might even get an epic four vs one battle where Ichigo, Uryu, Chad and Orihime all fight Yhwach together. The only one that'd be missing from the group, in terms of the original group from before the Soul Society arc, is Rukia but she never actually fought beside them - first she had no powers, then she was kidnapped, then she only showed up in Hueco Mundo as backup.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

2. - Top - End - #542
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Honestly, I kinda like how Kubo is embracing the weird. It's not like Bleach has ever shied away from creepy stuff. That's probably why Mayuri is the perfect answer - he's creepier than basically anyone, even Giselle. He's a complete monster and Giselle is a complete weirdo. We already know Mayuri is going to have far too much fun experimenting on Giselle once all is said and done.
    I do to, but it seems a little...I don't know. It seems like it's going to far. It feels like Kubo's going back to Zombie Powder levels.

Also, Chad and Orihime are coming with Ichigo so they can reveal they've got Quincy based power upgrades and so they can lose fights, like every other arc in the series

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: An unasked question
    Show
    It occures to me that we missed an important question. Why are Chad and Orihime being sent to the Soul Kings Realm? Ichigo I can see, but those two? Of course not being Soul Reapers they may have an advantage against the Quincy. And is Yoruichi going along? Who else are they going to send? Rukia and Renji?
    Orihime I'm operating under the assumption that Urahara expects her to 'fix' everything with her power. Not to mention being a walking instaheal factory, if nothing else.

As he gets his powers from Hollows as a fullbringer, Chad presumably can't have his power corrupted/absorbed by Yhwach.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I do to, but it seems a little...I don't know. It seems like it's going to far. It feels like Kubo's going back to Zombie Powder levels.
    Kind of expected though, considering Giselle works with zombies.

I would really enjoy seeing Uryuu join the three friends and fight against Yhwach together. However, have the dead Fullbringers and Grimmjoww shown up yet and done anything? I mean, we're not just going to leave that thread dangling, right? Doubly so since Grimmjoww seems to have been one of the most popular characters and a near-favorite of Kubo's as well.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

I would really enjoy seeing Uryuu join the three friends and fight against Yhwach together. However, have the dead Fullbringers and Grimmjoww shown up yet and done anything? I mean, we're not just going to leave that thread dangling, right? Doubly so since Grimmjoww seems to have been one of the most popular characters and a near-favorite of Kubo's as well.
    There's a big twist coming. I can smell it. There are too many players and not enough pieces on the board. It's not even just the Fullbringers and Grimmjow that need to do stuff - but what about Harribel? Or Aizen? Or all those Shinigami whose Bankai we're inevitably going to see yet so far haven't?

Kubo said a long time ago that the Quincy numbers would grow, so the question remains whether they already have or not - if not then we can almost guarantee that Yhwach will succeed in the initial part of his plan, possibly using his new powers to create a massive Quincy army while potentially even forcing the Royal Guard to defend him as the new Spirit King.

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

We still don't even have confirmation that the mysterious voice with them all WAS Grmmjow or not. We know, but we haven't seen him on screen.

7. - Top - End - #547

We still don't even have confirmation that the mysterious voice with them all WAS Grmmjow or not. We know, but we haven't seen him on screen.
    When Opie was bisected, it was by a Katana that looked an aweful lot like Pantera's sealed form.

The Mysterious Voice also seems like it wants to fight Ichigo.

I think that's more than enough Confirmation that it's suposed to be Grimmejow.

Though I honestly wonder if he's strong enough to take on the Sternritter. Arrancar are supposed to stop evolving as Hollows, and we can't really use Opie as a marker, because Ichigo was kinda kicking his ass before he left, so he wasn't exactly at 100% when Grimmy cut him down(Plus, you know, sneak attack.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, it was Grimmjow alright. We saw his clothes and, more importantly, the way he talked. No other surviving Arrancar talks like that and it's obviously an Arrancar Ichigo met and was concerned about his friends being near.

9. - Top - End - #549

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    When Opie was bisected, it was by a Katana that looked an aweful lot like Pantera's sealed form.

The Mysterious Voice also seems like it wants to fight Ichigo.

I think that's more than enough Confirmation that it's suposed to be Grimmejow.

Though I honestly wonder if he's strong enough to take on the Sternritter. Arrancar are supposed to stop evolving as Hollows, and we can't really use Opie as a marker, because Ichigo was kinda kicking his ass before he left, so he wasn't exactly at 100% when Grimmy cut him down(Plus, you know, sneak attack.)
    Oh, it was Grimmjow alright. We saw his clothes and, more importantly, the way he talked. No other surviving Arrancar talks like that and it's obviously an Arrancar Ichigo met and was concerned about his friends being near.
    I said all of this. But we haven't seen him on screen like the Fullbringers, so TECHNICALLY we haven't been COFIRMED it's Grimmjow. It's like how Tobi was Obito. Yes, it was flipping obvious to everyone, but it wasn't revealed yet. It's TOTALLY Grimmjow though, I don't deny this for a second.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

I said all of this. But we haven't seen him on screen like the Fullbringers, so TECHNICALLY we haven't been COFIRMED it's Grimmjow. It's like how Tobi was Obito. Yes, it was flipping obvious to everyone, but it wasn't revealed yet. It's TOTALLY Grimmjow though, I don't deny this for a second.
    Then why bring it up?

11. - Top - End - #551

Then why bring it up?
    Because someone mentioned Grimmjow and I just wanted everyone to be reminded that Grimmjow has been teased to be showing up for like half a year and it's REALLY FRUSTRATING.

I like Grimmjow >_>

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

I of course are meanwhile confused over that sentiment, and feels like the piece(s) Ichigo left him in were to big..

But then again, i have it like that with a lot of the series monsters.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #553

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I of course are meanwhile confused over that sentiment, and feels like the piece(s) Ichigo left him in were to big..

But then again, i have it like that with a lot of the series monsters.
    Understandable. I should clarify that I enjoy his existence, by my faint recollections of him being a badass and slightly inspiring Zebra in Toriko, who is one of the best things about that series (and that's saying something given how good that series is).

14. - Top - End - #554
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: New Bleach
    Show
    Well, this fight just got interesting. I am wondering where Afro is.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    I think Mayuri took offense at the thought of someone trying to be more creepy than him, and decided to show those upstarts that he's still the uncontested master in this particular domain.

Also, he has pokeballs now?
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Codyage View Post

Spoiler: New Bleach
    Show
    Well, this fight just got interesting. I am wondering where Afro is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, SOMEONE has been really busy. I thought they were dead. Luppi Antenor, Dordoni Alessandro Del Socaccio, Cirucci Sanderwicci and Charlotte Chuhlhourne.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Oh gods, this chapter! Mayuri, you creep! You never fail to entertain me!
    Show
    Arrancar ahoy! So that's what's been foreshadowed by Mayuri as Szayel's "treasure trove" all along, eh? So some way to raise/reanimate arrancar? I wonder how the tides would've turned had Szayel finish the research before the SS invasion?

And finally! Charlotte is *ahem* literally playing on the same team as Yumichika! I'm fanboying at the potentially hilarious exchange between the two...seriously!--assuming the rose queen's personality is intact, that is. Kind of weird how she's part of the reinforcements, though, considering Mayuri's source would likely be Szayel's lab.... Would've thought Gantenbain would be there instead. Now I wonder if Findor, Po, Avirama, and the saber-arrancar are still kept as future backup.

Gah, Kubo! Why can't you be as good as this consistently?!
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler: Oh gods, this chapter! Mayuri, you creep! You never fail to entertain me!
    Show
    Arrancar ahoy! So that's what's been foreshadowed by Mayuri as Szayel's "treasure trove" all along, eh? So some way to raise/reanimate arrancar? I wonder how the tides would've turned had Szayel finish the research before the SS invasion?

And finally! Charlotte is *ahem* literally playing on the same team as Yumichika! I'm fanboying at the potentially hilarious exchange between the two...seriously!--assuming the rose queen's personality is intact, that is. Kind of weird how she's part of the reinforcements, though, considering Mayuri's source would likely be Szayel's lab.... Would've thought Gantenbain would be there instead. Now I wonder if Findor, Po, Avirama, and the saber-arrancar are still kept as future backup.

Gah, Kubo! Why can't you be as good as this consistently?!
    Spoiler: Or...
    Show
    I wonder if those 4 surely, surely died. If we were to go back and check. Or we just thought they were dead.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Show
    I wonder if those 4 surely, surely died. If we were to go back and check. Or we just thought they were dead.
    Spoiler: Fair alternative, and to be precise
    Show
    ... we haven't seen them being killed/finished off by a zanpakutou's soul-purifying-whatchamacallit, since Charlotte simply got her reiatsu simply drained.

EDIT: Hmm, the appearance of stitches to all of them (thought it was only on Charlotte) may be a dealbreaker with the "never dead" idea, though.

IMO these arrancar zombies look akin to Type A(rtificial) zombies: tech-powered, patchworked, Dr. Mayuristein monsters; In constrast, Giselle's being something between a Type P(lague) and V(oodoo) zombie; afflicted via some substance (Giselle's blood), and are occultly animated to serve a particular master.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-07-23 at 06:40 AM.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

Um...

Spoiler
    Show
    Charlotte isn't a she. He's like a more exaggerated version of Yumichika.

Also... Mayuri is hilarious. Throwing Pokéballs and reviving Arrancar is one thing, but when he said he wasn't the sort of person to attack his own subordinates... The sarcasm was on a completely different level of awesomeness.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Show
    Considering one of them has very obvious stitch lines where an autopsy would be performed, I'm going to go with they died, were 'researched' by Mayuri, and then SCIENCED ON, probably not to actually bring them to life, but to give something else control of the corpse.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

22. - Top - End - #562

Spoiler
    Show
    I like how you're all just ignoring that Zomby Bambietta was literally begging and drooling for Giselle's "that"

But yeah. Yay the good guy Arrancar are back, zombified apparently by Mayuri.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of the reveal in the new Bleach, and the revelation of the Arrancar. Where is Grimmjow? Shouldn't he be there?

Other than that it was great!
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of the reveal in the new Bleach, and the revelation of the Arrancar. Where is Grimmjow? Shouldn't he be there?

Other than that it was great!
    Grimmjow is busy being too awesome for this arc. Last we saw he was in Heuco Mundo with Chad and Orihime when they were getting their power up or whatever. He's probably hiding inside Chad's hair or something.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    I like how you're all just ignoring that Zomby Bambietta was literally begging and drooling for Giselle's "that"

But yeah. Yay the good guy Arrancar are back, zombified apparently by Mayuri.
    Probably because the joke got old too fast. Thankfully, Mayuri is the boss when it comes to beating enemies with unnecessary sexual overtones.

26. - Top - End - #566

BlackDragon

I know I rarely post here, but...

Spoiler: New chapter
    Show
    Mayuri found a way into the pokeverse, reverse engineered pokeballs to trap energy rather than energy beings (could you trap a shinigami with them?), and caught a Sunflora and turned it into a suit that spams Sunny Day. That's awesome. I just hope he doesn't run into the fire type quincy.

On a more serious note, anyone else thinks the reason why Mayuri made that suit is to keep shadows to a minimum around him? He knows that quincies use shadows to teleport and stuff.
    : I may be in error, but I believe the appropiate proclamation is "Sneak Attack, bitch."

Thoughts on fanfiction.

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Probably because the joke got old too fast. Thankfully, Mayuri is the boss when it comes to beating enemies with unnecessary sexual overtones.
    It's not a joke it's a legitimate subject. I'm baffled that this was considered a good idea by Kubo.

Quote Originally Posted by Valwyn View Post
    I know I rarely post here, but...

Spoiler: New chapter
    Show
    Mayuri found a way into the pokeverse, reverse engineered pokeballs to trap energy rather than energy beings (could you trap a shinigami with them?), and caught a Sunflora and turned it into a suit that spams Sunny Day. That's awesome. I just hope he doesn't run into the fire type quincy.

On a more serious note, anyone else thinks the reason why Mayuri made that suit is to keep shadows to a minimum around him? He knows that quincies use shadows to teleport and stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's literally said that's why he made the sun suit

Also, theoretically, yes, since everyone in the spirit world who is a shinigami is made of Reitsu... at least that's what I recall being true a few arcs ago.

28. - Top - End - #568

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    He's literally said that's why he made the sun suit
    D'oh! I forgot that.

Also, theoretically, yes, since everyone in the spirit world who is a shinigami is made of Reitsu... at least that's what I recall being true a few arcs ago.
    I can imagine Mayuri have lots of fun with that.

I think that, too. Wonder if quincies can absorb/manipulate shinigamies. That's basically how their powers work, if I remember correctly. It's probably harder/imposible to manipulate a sentinent energy, though.
    : I may be in error, but I believe the appropiate proclamation is "Sneak Attack, bitch."

Thoughts on fanfiction.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's not a joke it's a legitimate subject. I'm baffled that this was considered a good idea by Kubo.
    I dunno... must be a cultural ecchi-related topic that Kubo thinks would make for a good laugh. If it's intent was for humour, then obviously it's still technically a joke (albeit one that is unfunny or in poor taste to some). I mean... necrophilia, FFS.

But, hell, this chapter is just Mayuri, so I won't complain.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-07-23 at 10:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: On the topic of Grimmjow...
    Show
    Maybe he didn't appear because he didn't die.

Mayuri gathered the dead Arrancar (I didn't pay much attention to the stitch lines, to be honest), then reanimates them. But I seem to distinctly recall Grimmjow not dying.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ