New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Bleach IX: This isn't even my final thread!

He's just standing there...menacingly.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I think I can honestly say this was the least eventful chapter I've ever read.
    Pretty much, not even any angst or anything.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I could of sworn that his was in constant Shikai, but he couldn't use it's powers becuase he didn't know the name.

His was compared to Zangetsu early one, and Zangetsu being a constant release type was brought up.

Wait, with the reforging, wouuld Zangetsu still be a constant release type-it was said that the reason he couldn't be sealed was becuase Ichigo couldn't cntroll his power yet, but 1. more or less everything else we've been told about Ichigo's power before now has been wrong, and 2, the old man was screwing with Ichigo's power for a long time, so whose to say he wasn't messing with his control too.

Back onto the topic of the Chapter, If this Guy is the V, "Visionary", then either the last guy was a complete figment of his imagination, or Sternritter sharing a letter is not uncommon
    It seems to be that

Spoiler
    Show
    The other guy wasn't a Sternritter at all, but just another facet of the real one's powers.

The only other Sternritter that had a shared letter was the 'Y', which arguably because of their unique situation were considered 1 entity.

And by the way, the second he said 'What if I were stronger than steel", I totally called Zaraki's response of, "LOL so what".

Also, I'm not really sure I believe him when he says that

Spoiler
    Show
    Unohana is dead. I'm guessing they're going to pull something like, "Unohana is dead, I'm now Yachiru again".
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-03-19 at 04:07 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unohana is dead. I'm guessing they're going to pull something like, "Unohana is dead, I'm now Yachiru again".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't be that.

Unohana is her real name.

Retsu Unohana is fake.

Her real name was Yachiru Unohana.

and two Yachiru's would be confusing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-03-19 at 04:17 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I guess im currently the only guy cheering for V now..?

Even if i am a little disapointed that someone with such a hax power has not yet wiped the floor with Kenpachi
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #36

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Even if i am a little disapointed that someone with such a hax power has not yet wiped the floor with Kenpachi
    I think the issue is that while his ability is extremely versatile, its power is still limited by the clash of spiritual energies between himself and his target. So Yachiru is powerless against him, but Kenpachi, with his humongous amount of spiritual energy, can surpass him just fine.

Also: is it just me, or did Kenpachi switch his eyepatch to a different eye?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

I think a large part of Imagination Kid's problem is that his imagination isn't good enough. "What if my skin were stronger than steel?" Please, he should've gone for nanodiamonds. At least. Kenpachi has cut through steel and people with iron skin (Arrancar) before, even through the supposedly strongest Arrancar.

The worst part is that Imagination Kid should know this, since the Vandenreich spent so much time in Hueco Mundo all these years.

It's like they gave a Green Lantern Ring to Arthur Dent.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-19 at 07:35 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #38

Funniest thing I've read today. haha
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

I think a large part of Imagination Kid's problem is that his imagination isn't good enough. "What if my skin were stronger than steel?" Please, he should've gone for nanodiamonds. At least. Kenpachi has cut through steel and people with iron skin (Arrancar) before, even through the supposedly strongest Arrancar.

The worst part is that Imagination Kid should know this, since the Vandenreich spent so much time in Hueco Mundo all these years.

It's stupid to give himself a limitation at all. Why pick steel when you could just go "What if I was completely invulnerable to damage?"

10. - Top - End - #40

So, watching a manga podcast, and it appears that in the officially translated version, Gemmy outright states that the Vanishing Point is a product of his own creation.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    It's stupid to give himself a limitation at all. Why pick steel when you could just go "What if I was completely invulnerable to damage?"
    This. At the very least, he can even imagine that Zaraki's sword is made out of steel in order for his very limited impermeable-to-steel body to work. There's practically infinite uses for this power, really.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2014-03-20 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, the only way this power works narratively is if it is given to an arrogant moron. So I'm not sure what we can really expect. Vanishing Point had more potential, I think.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah.. just to start with he should have gone for turning Kenpachi's sword to soap or something like that.. that would have been a laugh
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Oh yeah.. just to start with he should have gone for turning Kenpachi's sword to soap or something like that.. that would have been a laugh
    Soaps are one of the most dangerous improvised weapon. What are you talking about?

Also, another manga already individually showed how Soap and Washing can be put to effective use in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I could of sworn that his was in constant Shikai, but he couldn't use it's powers becuase he didn't know the name.

His was compared to Zangetsu early one, and Zangetsu being a constant release type was brought up.

Wait, with the reforging, wouuld Zangetsu still be a constant release type-it was said that the reason he couldn't be sealed was becuase Ichigo couldn't cntroll his power yet, but 1. more or less everything else we've been told about Ichigo's power before now has been wrong, and 2, the old man was screwing with Ichigo's power for a long time, so whose to say he wasn't messing with his control too.

Back onto the topic of the Chapter, If this Guy is the V, "Visionary", then either the last guy was a complete figment of his imagination, or Sternritter sharing a letter is not uncommon
    Interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I guess he was in constant shikai. Just nerfed (despite being so powerful) and unable to use any abilities.

As for Ichigo... I hope that's the case. Good development.

I think I can honestly say this was the least eventful chapter I've ever read.
    I wonder how long it would take in anime form? One minute?

Also, regarding the imagination stuff,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps there is literally nothing Zaraki can't cut through. Or perhaps there is a slight limitation on V's powers.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Soaps are one of the most dangerous improvised weapon. What are you talking about?

Also, another manga already individually showed how Soap and Washing can be put to effective use in combat.
    Soooft, and, Weeeeeto~

*soap bubble pops and takes away your ability to move*

God I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think a large part of Imagination Kid's problem is that his imagination isn't good enough.
    Actually a good imagination could be a weakness as long as the person was sane. That's because they could imagine what their power would be able to do and be scared as all %##& by it. Oddly enough, only the totaly insane would be able to make full use of the power. This concept is examined over at the SCP Foundation in a couple of different ways. Transcript of Dr. Clef's seminar, "Reality Benders and You: How to Survive When Existence Doesn't." is a great intro what COULD be done by a Reality Bender/Type Green/Mary Sue/Bixbie/Shaper/etc. And this kid is falling waaaay short of them.

I actually think Dent would do a LOT better than this kid. He may not have a huge imagination, but I think he would be practical in his power use. Rather than imagine himself as steel, he woudl imagine not to be anyplace the sword could hit him. Not brave, but practical.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

18. - Top - End - #48

SwashbucklerGuy

I still think the power, like everything else in Bleach, isn't limited by the user's imagination, but rather by his spiritual energy.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    waste of a chapter if you ask me. i mean, really? 22 pages to say unohana is dead?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I'm guessing he can't. He's probably limited by 3 things - his actual spirit power, how fast he can think, and the fact that he has to imagine actual events and items.

The first is obvious. I imagine the further he takes something from it's original makeup, the more power it takes (creating things out of whole cloth probably takes even more power).

The second is also pretty obvious. If he has to imagine it, he's limited by how fast he can think. If he gets pressured he's not going to be able to think clearly. If he panics or just can't think of something fast enough, Zaraki will just kill him instantly.

For the third - his power is based on imagination. You have to actually imagine something solidly to manifest it.

Things like 'invulnerable' aren't actual physical concepts.There is no solid matter in existence that can't be cut in one way or another.

Something like "Your bones are cookies" or "My skin is stronger than steel" are tangible, defined things.

His mistake was not thinking something like, "What if I were TEN MILLION TIMES as resilient as steel." That's a solid, tangible concept.

The fact that he didn't gives me the impression that he's being limited by his spirit energy rather than his ability.

That being said, I guarantee you he's about to imagine 'my arm regrowing'.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-03-20 at 02:17 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    More than that. It establishes the bad guy and his powers. More importantly it establishes Zaraki taking over the title and Isane not hating Zaraki for it. (It seems he hates himself about it enough. Did Zaraki say Isane could kill him or just an odd translation? No TRY to kill him?) And that Zaraki is going to be a lot more seriouse in his fights from now one. A lot less Blood Knight, more cold blooded "you are going to die". He is NOT going to lose and discrace his new name.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm guessing he can't. He's probably limited by 3 things - his actual spirit power, how fast he can think, and the fact that he has to imagine actual events and items.

The first is obvious. I imagine the further he takes something from it's original makeup, the more power it takes (creating things out of whole cloth probably takes even more power).

The second is also pretty obvious. If he has to imagine it, he's limited by how fast he can think. If he gets pressured he's not going to be able to think clearly. If he panics or just can't think of something fast enough, Zaraki will just kill him instantly.

For the third - his power is based on imagination. You have to actually imagine something solidly to manifest it.

Things like 'invulnerable' aren't actual physical concepts.There is no solid matter in existence that can't be cut in one way or another.

Something like "Your bones are cookies" or "My skin is stronger than steel" are tangible, defined things.

His mistake was not thinking something like, "What if I were TEN MILLION TIMES as resilient as steel." That's a solid, tangible concept.

The fact that he didn't gives me the impression that he's being limited by his spirit energy rather than his ability.

That being said, I guarantee you he's about to imagine 'my arm regrowing'.
    it's actually a lot simpler than this. he hasn't imagined kenny out of existence. there are clearly limits to his power not tied to his imagination.

also, im beginning to think his power isn't dependent on his imagination, but rather his victim's. he uses a little raw power and some mind games to get people to believe something is happening, and then it is.

gets medic girl to think her patients are dead, and they are. break yachiru's hand, then make up some crazy nonsense and she'll think it just long enough to make it happen, which reenforces it.

kenpachi doesn't believe he will cut his target/ isn't thinking about it and so he doesn't. the moment he believes his target is made of iron, which he knows he can cut, bam.
    Last edited by thubby; 2014-03-21 at 03:34 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #53

Spoiler
    Show
    Boy says his skin is as hard as steel.
    *Ken cuts boy's arm off*
    Boy says-
    *Ken beats boy to death with "steel" arm*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boy says his skin is as hard as steel.
    *Ken cuts boy's arm off*
    Boy says-
    *Ken beats boy to death with "steel" arm*
    Yeah, that's basically how this fights gonna go.

25. - Top - End - #55

While we were gone, Kenpachi...continues to not give a single **** about the imagination guys powers. It's kind of hilarious how little he cares. Oh, a wave of lava? SLICE IN HALF.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    While we were gone, Kenpachi...continues to not give a single **** about the imagination guys powers. It's kind of hilarious how little he cares. Oh, a wave of lava? SLICE IN HALF.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that was sweet. When imagination kid made the comment about, "No matter how much of a monster you are, blah blah blah," I realized that's how he was going to get owned. He can't imagine just how bamf Kenpachi is.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That made me laugh. Zaraki really is about to blow this kid's mind, isn't it?
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Imagination kid does a little better in last week's chapter, but still below Lantern Dent levels.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Oh it is SO, SO good to be BACK!

As for Zaraki, yeah he is just more powerfull than the kid can imagine. What's more Zaraki just figured out his weakness. In order to effect anything he has to be able to conentrate on it. This sadistic little ^&*#@! is toast.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    I still think the power, like everything else in Bleach, isn't limited by the user's imagination, but rather by his spiritual energy.
    My problem with this isn't that I necessarily think you're wrong...it's just that it's not good writing. It takes away the fun of having creative and inventive powers, because in the end everything just comes down to a spiritual measuring contest.