New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Striker/leader Artificer

Okay. I recently got really nerdy about dnd and finally got a group together. my character is a half-elf artificer, and i think I might have found a way to make him bad to the bone. I thought I'd show him off and see if anyone wanted to help out with his development. Here are the stats:
    str- 10
    con- 14
    dex- 13
    int- 14
    wis- 16
    cha 13

He has the norm race features of a half elf, my fav being dilettante, which gives an extra encounter attack(made from an at will) from any other class.

The class Features are as such: Arcane Empowerment, arcane Rejuvenation, healing infusion, and Ritual casting

As his feat, I gave him Superior crossbow proficiency.

At-will:
    Magic Weapon
    Aggro Forces
    I chose these b/c they work well with the crossbow, dealing out 1[w]+int mod+ reg crossbow dam.

Encounter:
    Scour Weapon
    Sure Strike

Daily:
    Life Tapping Dart

Rituals:
    Enchant
    Disenchant
    brew Potion
    Make Whole
    Unseen Servent
    Teser's Floating disk
    (dm allowed me to choose two bonus rituals)

I plan on becoming a clockwork engineer, and I haven't picked the epic destiny yet. I want to hear people's thoughts on my first char. Thanks

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Striker/leader Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by ZarokRiezer View Post
    Okay. I recently got really nerdy about dnd and finally got a group together. my character is a half-elf artificer, and i think I might have found a way to make him bad to the bone. I thought I'd show him off and see if anyone wanted to help out with his development. Here are the stats:
    str- 10
    con- 14
    dex- 13
    int- 14
    wis- 16
    cha 13

He has the norm race features of a half elf, my fav being dilettante, which gives an extra encounter attack(made from an at will) from any other class.

The class Features are as such: Arcane Empowerment, arcane Rejuvenation, healing infusion, and Ritual casting

As his feat, I gave him Superior crossbow proficiency.

At-will:
    Magic Weapon
    Aggro Forces
    I chose these b/c they work well with the crossbow, dealing out 1[w]+int mod+ reg crossbow dam.

Encounter:
    Scour Weapon
    Sure Strike

Daily:
    Life Tapping Dart

Rituals:
    Enchant
    Disenchant
    brew Potion
    Make Whole
    Unseen Servent
    Teser's Floating disk
    (dm allowed me to choose two bonus rituals)

I plan on becoming a clockwork engineer, and I haven't picked the epic destiny yet. I want to hear people's thoughts on my first char. Thanks
    Well, here it goes.

First of all, you're a leader.

You have +2 to hit. That's not good. 4e needs to squeeze every single +1 to hit you can. The Superior Crossbow is a nice idea, though.

And Battle Engineer is so much better

Dilletante can become a true at-will, so if you're a Half-Elf, pick up Versatile Master ASAP.

Also, you're a leader. You're God. Let the mortals have their fun. You help your teammates, but some can deal the pain themselves. They go more towards Striker, though. Consider how useful a buff might be instead of pure damage. Magic Weapon was smart, though. It's the best power from the Artificer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Nobody's bad to the bone at level one yet, so you could perhaps show us more of your build?

Also yeah, max out your intelligence, you'll be glad you did.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

At level one most classes that target AC are going to be using around +6 to +8 to their attacks and those aiming for the Non-AC Defenses will be around the +5 / +6 area.

Having a +2 is really going to hurt you as far as combat goes when you constantly have to roll between a 12 and 15 or higher to hit the bad guy and the rest of your group can hit them even when they roll in the single digits.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.