New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Herkenhearth IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Herkenhearth IC

Well, the little ones seemed to have things rather in hand as far as all this talky stuff was concerned. "Hi! I'm Janis of the Guard," she adds cheerfully after her companions' introduction. "'case it needs to be said, I confirm everything they say. They're consultants, I guess you could say. No efforts are spared to make sure this city is not-" she leans over, whispering with wide eyes and dramatically emphasizing her words: "-overrun by demons! So yeah, anything you can tell us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another to the Diplomacy rolls being done, if at all possible: (1d20)[14]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

"I'm Vara, a simple cleric of Shelyn. As the other have said, we are interested in the missing artifact. If there is anything that I can do to help out, just say the word."

3. - Top - End - #63

Spoiler: Ali
    Show
    You can see that there was no forced entry, at least from the inside. The temple's only connection to the Thieve's Guild is that one thief, Andyl, pointed out that their god and the guild had the same sales pitch of 'That's a nice thing you've got there. Be a shame if something happened to it.' He now has the nickname 'Gummy'.

As for the structure, it looks pretty solid, though the walls aren't perfectly smooth, and could probably be climbed with proper equipment.

The guard ponders your questions, then responds to Janis "You're in charge of these consultants? It is good to know that we are going full ahead. The Amulet of Samonthasse isn't something we want out of our sight for longer than needed. Your partner has the right idea though. Get a description and get searching. Come inside, mayhaps you can find something at the scene that we missed." he says, seeming to indicate Anna as Janis's partner.

He leads the group to a large room with a depression at the center. Several people in robes mutter chants at various points, then move on and repeat their chanting. A beam of light falls from the center of the room, highlighting the patterning on the floor.
    Last edited by GFawkes; 2014-04-18 at 09:08 PM.
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Anna looks around, absorbing the artwork of the building.
    Maybe someday I'll go and visit the temple of Seyanna sometime when Ranborg gets home.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

"The Amulet of Samonthasee, huh? Alright then. What does it look like? When was the last time anyone in the church saw it? Is there any danger in someone touching it directly?" Ali inquired, his mind racing.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Asuhara thought for a moment as the thief asked his questions. "You missed an important one: who all had access to this place the night it was stolen? I'm afraid I'm not much of a churchgoer so I don't know what hours you keep, but I assume you close at some point?"
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

7. - Top - End - #67

"Well, let's see...The Golden Bulwark never rests, nor do we, meaning we keep open doors and active vigil. It reacts...violently against evil hands touching it, a defensive measure we put in to keep it safe. It's a roughly shield-shaped amulet, you know, like this." he draws in the air with his finger, making a flat horizontal line, then going straight down, then inwards and down at an angle, upwards at the same angle, then closing it off with a straight line up.

"Last person to see it was Initiate Evans. He's on duty right now, should finish up in an hour or so if you want to question him."
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Anna decides to leave the searching for clues to the more competent, like the young thief and the professional investigator.
    Initiate Evans? How long has he been an initiate here at the temple?
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-04-26 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typo
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

"An hour huh? Well, that sounds good. That should give you guys plenty of time to search the place. In the mean time, I'm going to go have a word with my contacts. I'll come back to the temple after I finish up, hopefully it won't take too long. If you guys need a professional's opinion, stick around and I'd be glad to advise you. Until we meet again." He waves and ducks out of the temple.

Ali fades into the crowd outside and starts to make his way to the Thieves' Guild. He would start with Blake, Blake would be able to tell him who was active in the last few days. Ali just hoped that Blake would be willing to talk, a thief has his right to privacy after all, but this was important. If Blake wouldn't talk, he'd have to track down Veronica, and in order to do that he'd have to hit up Jack's place. A lot of legwork, to be sure. Ali's stomach starts to grumble in protest. He hasn't eaten yet today, the last thing he had was a few pieces of bread about 27 hours ago. His knees weak, Ali shakes his head and keeps moving, eventually sneaking off the street into a back alley. He gently lifts a piece of discarded cardboard off some leaves on the ground and then slips into them, grabbing the ladder beneath so he can rearrange the hiding place from inside the tunnel before he moves on. Secrecy breeds security after all.

Ali continues down the ladder until he reaches the sewer floor. This particular pathway used to lead to a maintenance hallway but it was shut down years ago after an accident caused a worker's death. The Guild took it as their own, and the city was none the wiser. Ali nods to himself as he walks, thinking about exactly what he's going to say. He reaches the maintenance hallway's steel door and knocks three times, whispering, "The orc dodges the steel sword, the elf draws his wooden bow, and I walk away with a heavy coin purse,". After a beat, the door opens and Ali smiles and steps inside. The bar is livelier than usual, and Ali can spot a few new faces among the crowd, though most of the thieves recognize him and give him a polite nod.

Ali moves to the back of the bar and looks at the bartender. "Is the guild master available?" he asks.