New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Do you remember your first kiss?

I remember the girl, and I remember how old I was, but not where or when or what prompted it. I was 16 or 17.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Last year, UK meetup, it was very nice.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

In the spirit the thread was meant in, yes, I do remember it. It was years ago now. My gods, I was 16 (ten years... I feel old, where'd the time go?). It was with my girlfriend at the time. We were both excitable, but rather terrible at it. Still, a fond memory. Thank you for prompting me to remember it, OP.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Two weeks ago (am 19), with a good friend of mine (whom I had a crush on and who knew I had a crush).
    Spoiler: Drama
    Show

It felt good.

I left immediately after because I had been feeling ill the whole day as well as shock.

We talked about it the next day. She recently got out of an abusive relationship* and says she's not ready for a real relationship. She tells me maybe when she's figured herself out some more, but I shouldn't wait for her...

Now our friendship is kind of awkward and she doesn't seem to want to talk to me (to be fair, I may seem to be a bit needy right now. This is the part of my life where I have had the least experience).

I'm so confused, and kind of annoyed, and angry at myself for feeling annoyed, because I know that any relationship where one person just isn't ready is doomed from the start.

*I knew it wasn't perfectly healthy, but I had confessed my feelings to her before I knew about the guy, and I didn't know just how bad it was. I thought the guy was being a bit too possessive because they texted each other every 3 minutes, but I thought I was just being jealous and didn't say anything. I feel guilty about that.

Sorry about the drama, but right now it feels good to write about it.

It doesn't help that I grew up on romcoms and tv, and sort of expect romance to fall into my lap...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverdrivePrime View Post
    the OP's stipulation that the qualifier for a real first kiss is tongue.
    Asta didn't say that made it 'real', he was just specifying that he was asking about tongue vs. no tongue, and I personally think that saying one requires tongue for it to be 'real' is ridiculous. It's about the reasons and emotions, not whether or not your mouth is open. Some of my nicest, most significant kisses have been closed-mouth ones. My first one with tongue was disgusting because he'd just drunk some ungodly mixture of JD, rum, Bailey's, and I don't even know what all else. Some of the fun ones have been closed-mouth and we only opened our mouths to say something funny to the other, still mid-kiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    So, because no one can ever accept anything that is heavily implied or alluded to in the comic and only me stating it outright here on the message board ever seems to matter: Haley is bisexual.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah. It was pretty awkward. But the chick was really into it, apparently. Insisted I was a "great kisser". Not sure where she got that idea from.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

I recall mine. I ended up marrying her, and we have 2 kids.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

I was pretty much wrestled down and had it taken from me by a girl my mom sent me to a dance with.

I was not amused.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I was pretty much wrestled down and had it taken from me by a girl my mom sent me to a dance with.

I was not amused.
    Sounds like there's a story there, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    Asta didn't say that made it 'real', he was just specifying that he was asking about tongue vs. no tongue, and I personally think that saying one requires tongue for it to be 'real' is ridiculous. It's about the reasons and emotions, not whether or not your mouth is open. Some of my nicest, most significant kisses have been closed-mouth ones. My first one with tongue was disgusting because he'd just drunk some ungodly mixture of JD, rum, Bailey's, and I don't even know what all else. Some of the fun ones have been closed-mouth and we only opened our mouths to say something funny to the other, still mid-kiss.
    The reason I specified "tongue" was to rule out pecks on the cheek from family, etc.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #71

NecromancerGuy

I'd just say "family doesn't count unless you've managed to go full incestuous, but we don't really want to delve into that, so let's just pretend I just said family doesn't count full stop," if that was my goal.

And I mentally didn't count family to begin with anyway, since it'd obviously be some time while most of us were infants if non-romantic family kisses counted.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-04-06 at 01:48 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I actually might remember my first kiss. I was right that it was with a greasy punk girl, and I honestly can't tell you which one, other than that I think the crappy streetlights hit her grease in such a way that they made it seem more like a glow, and her shirt was torn. I think we'd gotten into a scuffle with the straight-edge kids whose self-righteous purity meant very little in the way of meaningful commitment at our age. She wiggled a loose tooth and there was either blood or some stain she claimed was that on her collar, and it sold me either way. I dropped a Biggie line — I bought us hummus and said giving ends to my friends felt stupendous — and I think it was when she caught the reference that her sweat became something more like stars than stains yet unborn, and I know she, or the girl who gave me the first kiss I can remember, curled her fingers around the curls of my hair and pulled like she wanted to drag me down a dark road when she pulled me into the kiss.

I don't think we really hung out too much after. I started dating another girl in that group a while later, and after that girl hanged herself, the whole group sort of fell into tatters, and I fell off the face of the earth in the face of knowing my ultimate powerlessness against the cruelty of the world. Sometimes we see each other at her grave, or at the empty lot where her father's house used to stand, and we look at each other like strangers who share something sad and secret, a knowledge of the world too dark and damning to spread. I guess that's why I can't tell or remember the girl; she since looked at me and I at her like a stranger in a way more total and intentional than that of any "ex." She probably gravitated towards a happier life in the years when I ditched class to hitch-hike across a country to Gwen's grave and the empty, burned out lot where her house used to stand.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zrak View Post
    I think I actually might remember my first kiss. I was right that it was with a greasy punk girl, and I honestly can't tell you which one, other than that I think the crappy streetlights hit her grease in such a way that they made it seem more like a glow, and her shirt was torn. I think we'd gotten into a scuffle with the straight-edge kids whose self-righteous purity meant very little in the way of meaningful commitment at our age. She wiggled a loose tooth and there was either blood or some stain she claimed was that on her collar, and it sold me either way. I dropped a Biggie line — I bought us hummus and said giving ends to my friends felt stupendous — and I think it was when she caught the reference that her sweat became something more like stars than stains yet unborn, and I know she, or the girl who gave me the first kiss I can remember, curled her fingers around the curls of my hair and pulled like she wanted to drag me down a dark road when she pulled me into the kiss.

I don't think we really hung out too much after. I started dating another girl in that group a while later, and after that girl hanged herself, the whole group sort of fell into tatters, and I fell off the face of the earth in the face of knowing my ultimate powerlessness against the cruelty of the world. Sometimes we see each other at her grave, or at the empty lot where her father's house used to stand, and we look at each other like strangers who share something sad and secret, a knowledge of the world too dark and damning to spread. I guess that's why I can't tell or remember the girl; she since looked at me and I at her like a stranger in a way more total and intentional than that of any "ex." She probably gravitated towards a happier life in the years when I ditched class to hitch-hike across a country to Gwen's grave and the empty, burned out lot where her house used to stand.
    I have to ask... is this real?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I have to ask... is this real?
    Sounds like a quote from a story to me, but I suppose there's a chance it's real.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like I threw in a lot of alliteration and such that made that sound more exciting than it was. It was just snot-nosed little punks making out in a convenience store parking lot, then my friend died and the group fell apart and I only ever see them if we run into each other in a weird, awkward moment of having never really gotten over it. I don't think the girl really hung out with our crew regularly, both because I'd probably be able to put a face to a name however dimly I recall a lot of the details if she were and because I can't really think of any of the girls who regularly hung out with us that listened to Biggie Smalls.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zrak View Post
    I feel like I threw in a lot of alliteration and such that made that sound more exciting than it was. It was just snot-nosed little punks making out in a convenience store parking lot, then my friend died and the group fell apart and I only ever see them if we run into each other in a weird, awkward moment of having never really gotten over it. I don't think the girl really hung out with our crew regularly, both because I'd probably be able to put a face to a name however dimly I recall a lot of the details if she were and because I can't really think of any of the girls who regularly hung out with us that listened to Biggie Smalls.
    Okay, so ... real.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do.
    Her name was Evelyn. 9th Grade. Frenched.
    Caught me totally by surprise.
    And the strangest thing about it was that while it was happening,
    I swear I was seeing inside our mouths.
    That never happened again with any other kiss ever...

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z.
    The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how that experience becomes useful to him in a dystopian future.
    It's free online, presented as a web-serial, with updates 3 times weekly.
    The Myth Prosaic - Book I of The Mythic Chess Set by Georgia Z
    Follow on Twitter - Follow on Facebook

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    The reason I specified "tongue" was to rule out pecks on the cheek from family, etc.
    You could say "I mean a kiss on the mouth, not on the cheek" or "I mean a kiss in a romantic or sexual context".

Anyways, my first kiss with tongue was when I was 19, and wasn't consensual, and it sucked. I have very bad memories or it, as I don't kiss casually. My first romantic kiss though was when I was 8 or so, but we didn't use tongue and there was no exchange of saliva. It was still really nice.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I'm 21 and still haven't kissed somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBurr View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one
    i ship it.

I think i was 15 or something, me and the guy skipped school after lunch and hid at the nearest park grounds and spend the whole time chatting about random crap, on the way home he said he wanted to do something the whole time and sorta grabbed me towards him and thats how it happened.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleLioness View Post
    i ship it.
    I'm a lesbian, and taken, so, no.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

You act as though incompatible orientation and relationship status would be enough to stop shippers.

Though now I am a bit curious how you haven't kissed someone if you're taken. Those things do tend to go hand in hand.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    You act as though incompatible orientation and relationship status would be enough to stop shippers.
    I figure it's enough to stop most reasonable people from doing it, in the case of real life people, especially if they're aware you don't find it funny.

Though now I am a bit curious how you haven't kissed someone if you're taken. Those things do tend to go hand in hand.
    Long distance relationship.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I'm 21 and still haven't kissed somebody.
    I'm in the same boat, I'm a few months shy of 20 and never kissed a girl (in a romantic/sexual way, I have stage kissed a couple in middle/high school plays that I got dragged into).

First hug, yes, I remember that one.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2014-04-22 at 11:20 PM.
    Long-form Sig

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Yeah. It was pretty awkward. But the chick was really into it, apparently. Insisted I was a "great kisser". Not sure where she got that idea from.
    Honestly, I don't even know what being a "good kisser" entails. Or whether there's such a thing as a "bad kiss". The kisses I've had have almost universally been quite pleasant, except for a few instances of glasses-tangling (which were easily remedied).

And yes, I do remember my first.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    Or whether there's such a thing as a "bad kiss". The kisses I've had have almost universally been quite pleasant, except for a few instances of glasses-tangling (which were easily remedied).
    There's very much such a thing as a bad kiss, though what it is varies from person to person. I'd imagine problems that can arise from both people involved wearing braces are pretty close to universally considered bad though - admittedly, my information here is all secondhand.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't necessarily agree with several items on this list, but there you go
    *I shouldn't be surprised really... but nowadays you can really find a list of anything, on the internet
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    You could say "I mean a kiss on the mouth, not on the cheek" or "I mean a kiss in a romantic or sexual context".
    I could, but I don't always think things through before I write. Changing now would only increase the confusion.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought the nature of the inquiry was rather self explanatory and could only be misunderstood by wilfully over-analyzing things or nitpicking on the situation or its various iterations.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    I thought the nature of the inquiry was rather self explanatory and could only be misunderstood by wilfully over-analyzing things or nitpicking on the situation or its various iterations.
    Absolutely. But we're on an Internet forum, so...

― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #90

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    Honestly, I don't even know what being a "good kisser" entails. Or whether there's such a thing as a "bad kiss". The kisses I've had have almost universally been quite pleasant, except for a few instances of glasses-tangling (which were easily remedied).
    There are bad kisses, though mostly they're the ones one didn't want to have. Also when one kisses someone and the pair of them can taste the incompatibility. Or one isn't a smoker and kisses a person who smokes an awful lot and isn't used to the texture that lends itself so often to smokers' mouths and tongues.
    Homebrew