New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Do you remember your first kiss?

Uh... I'm not sure I remember. I mean, I remember my first kisses, but I don't remember which one was the actual first.
    I just remember that I really didn't like kissing at first, I found it a bit gross. Actually I still kind of do, except when I really like a girl.
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesŕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

I remember my first kiss. It was with a friend of mine in Kindergarten. Sadly, she passed away a few years ago, so it's a bittersweet memory.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I remember my first kiss. It was with a friend of mine in Kindergarten. Sadly, she passed away a few years ago, so it's a bittersweet memory.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I remember mine. It was when I was 22, over Christmas break. We'd gone for a walk up to a local overlook, and were sitting around talking. Mostly I remember my butt being cold and wet from sitting on an icy rock, and being rather surprised when she suddenly lunged over and planted one on me. The sort of person with any ability to read romantic interest - the sort of person who gets kissed before they're 22 in other words - would probably have seen this coming.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Fourteen, sitting at her house on her couch just sort've looking at eachother when she suddenly grabbed me by the throat and pulled me in. My first thoughts were "WHAT THE!?" "Is this really happening?" "Yep it's happening."
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    The sort of person with any ability to read romantic interest - the sort of person who gets kissed before they're 22 in other words - would probably have seen this coming.
    Trust me, being kissed before 22 doesn't mean that you have any ability to read romantic interest. I was kissed before 22 (for that matter, I'm not 22 yet), and it took some really, really blunt instruments for the whole "romantic interest" thing to come across.

I later found out through being flat out told that a number of people had romantic interest in me in high school, had attempted to flirt, and had just assumed I had brushed them off when I had actually not picked up on said interest at all.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Highschool, bus back from a field trip to Chicago, 2 in the morning, most folk were either asleep or quiet. I initiated, got a bit too much drool on her due to inexperience, was embarrassed, but she was very nice and comforting about that. Couldn't manage to stand a kiss with tongue after those first for like ... a couple years, which probably came across different than I'd have liked it to. But was nice.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

19...maybe 20. In college hanging out with my girlfriend after class before I had to go to work. I had no real experience in the romantic areas of life at that point and she'd just point-blank asked me why we hadn't yet. Joked about the fact that it was my first kiss afterwards. Married her about 3 years later.

She is, of course, now going to see this and come in to correct me. I just know it
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2014-04-02 at 01:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I still haven't had my first kiss yet, although I'm 27. Kind bummed about that, but then again, life screws you in many ways. Not saying I never had chances, because I did, but yeah...it's complicated xD But I think I win the "Oldest person to have never kissed contest" haha xD In about 2 months, I will be 28 :P I'm working on finding a girlfriend right now, so yeah.
    Last edited by Swordprince; 2014-04-03 at 04:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmageddon View Post
    Uh... I'm not sure I remember. I mean, I remember my first kisses, but I don't remember which one was the actual first.
    I just remember that I really didn't like kissing at first, I found it a bit gross. Actually I still kind of do, except when I really like a girl.
    Yes. I don't know what I was expecting, but I didn't expect it to be so wet. I guess that was a dumb non-expectation given the whole tongue deal.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Presumably some people for whom it was a long time ago. Also amnesiacs.
    To be honest, it wasn't something that came immediately to mind for me. I had to reason it backwards working out what the circumstances would have been. The actual kiss itself was almost entirely unmemorable. It wasn't that long ago, and I was older than almost anyone here who's given their appropriate age - I guess it just wasn't a particularly big deal. If I'd been fifteen, it would probably be seared into my recollection forever. As it was, by the time I got round to it I had so many other things going on in my life it didn't seem particularly significant in comparison and my brain obviously hasn't bothered to hang onto it in any great detail.

As far as I can tell, "everyone remembers their first kiss" and the like is just a cliche - ascribing arbitrary importance to something which will have differing significance to different people (and as a bonus, helping to make everyone who hasn't experienced it beyond what they consider to be a "normal" point feel inadequate. Hooray!)
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    As far as I can tell, "everyone remembers their first kiss" and the like is just a cliche - ascribing arbitrary importance to something which will have differing significance to different people (and as a bonus, helping to make everyone who hasn't experienced it beyond what they consider to be a "normal" point feel inadequate. Hooray!)
    At the same time though, the very insistence that "everyone remember their first kiss" makes it more likely that people will. They've basically been told they should a number of times, and the perceived importance of the event has been dragged upwards by society as a whole. Similarly, the pressure to remember the first kiss makes it that much more likely that it comes about in a situation where it is actually memorable.

Basically, I'm saying it's less cliche and more self fulfilling prophecy.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    But if something hasn't happened there's nothing to remember.
    Exactly.

Trust me, being kissed before 22 doesn't mean that you have any ability to read romantic interest.
    Nor is being able to read romantic interest a guarantee of being kissed before age 22, either.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

I think my sister kissed me to annoy me once.

But the first kiss I actually remembered was when I got a girl to go to a movie with me and I convinced her to kiss me. I liked it. She didn't seem interested in dating me but some of her comments were weird. Some months later she sent me a message on Facebook mentioning the event and she seemed to think that it was her suggestion.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

27, and not only have I not kissed anyone in my life, but as a matter of fact, I find kisses to be rather disgusting. From all signs of affection, they're the most revoltingly biological.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Oh, wait, I didn't see the tongue caveat. That means the first kiss was just a few years ago. '09, I think? There was some intense making out in a cabinet. We ended up getting caught and in trouble, though. And she never talked to me again...
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    27, and not only have I not kissed anyone in my life, but as a matter of fact, I find kisses to be rather disgusting. From all signs of affection, they're the most revoltingly biological.
    I would have thought there'd be a few sex acts that could have a stronger claim to that superlative...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    I would have thought there'd be a few sex acts that could have a stronger claim to that superlative...
    Not for me. Sex is something that humans just do. But kissing? Pretty gross.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Pretty sure the entire human animal is biological.

Aside from cyborgs, I suppose.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-04-02 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Pretty sure the entire human animal is biological.

Aside from cyborgs, I suppose.
    You'd need a pretty loose definition of cyborgs. You've got things like screws and plates used to repair broken bones, the occasional printed plastic bone replacement, intraocular contacts, pacemakers, etc. These tend not to be biological (though some of the molecules are very much organic, such as the PMMA usually used in intraocular contacts), and the term "cyborg" seems really excessive for someone with a pacemaker, let alone the rest of these.

-- ChubbyRain

20. - Top - End - #50
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You'd need a pretty loose definition of cyborgs. You've got things like screws and plates used to repair broken bones, the occasional printed plastic bone replacement, intraocular contacts, pacemakers, etc. These tend not to be biological (though some of the molecules are very much organic, such as the PMMA usually used in intraocular contacts), and the term "cyborg" seems really excessive for someone with a pacemaker, let alone the rest of these.
    Yep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Kissing is just the tip of the iceberg of sloppy hominid affection. And it's wonderful.

I keep reading all of these "Well, there was my mom, or my sister, or that time in first grade," and I'm praying to all that's good and decent that the posters missed the OP's stipulation that the qualifier for a real first kiss is tongue. Really, really hoping y'all missed that part.

Be good to your family. But not that good.
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Without open mouth, was 5th grade, with a girl I liked. With, was junior in high school, and that happened sorta accidentally.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

First grade for my very first kiss not from family. Don't remember the specific first kiss, but I remember who it was who initiated it.

I was 19 for the first one that fits the OP's criterion. I remember who it was with, but I have no memory of the kiss itself. Same for the first kiss with the Prophet, and I married the Prophet - don't remember the first kiss at all.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Speaking as an individual riding the absence edge of more than a few romantic presence/absence bellcurves, I've got no problem with feeling inadequate on these fronts. By which I mean I feel inadequate, and I think that's just fine. I'd rather like romance in my life, it's certainly something that a person in my situation has good prospects of having in their life, and I have failed to do so. Inadequate seems as good a word as any. I'd rather admit that and feel bad than molly-coddle myself with some pretense about how feeling inadequate is bad so nothing should make me feel inadequate, or imagine that the failure lies and anybody's door than mine own. I had better be at least enough of an adult to cope with my own failings, especially those that make me feel bad.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverdrivePrime View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Kissing is just the tip of the iceberg of sloppy hominid affection. And it's wonderful.

I keep reading all of these "Well, there was my mom, or my sister, or that time in first grade," and I'm praying to all that's good and decent that the posters missed the OP's stipulation that the qualifier for a real first kiss is tongue. Really, really hoping y'all missed that part.

Be good to your family. But not that good.
    That was actually added later, when the thread was reaching the end of its first page.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I am currently 19 and it was just a bit over a year ago. T'was pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    That was actually added later, when the thread was reaching the end of its first page.
    Aaaaaha. Good to know. I feel reassured.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Swedish has two different words - "puss" for mom's kisses, and "kyss" for tongue and possible fondling.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweden sounds like a highly enlightened country.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Oh, wait, I didn't see the tongue caveat. That means the first kiss was just a few years ago. '09, I think? There was some intense making out in a cabinet. We ended up getting caught and in trouble, though. And she never talked to me again...
    There was no such caveat, though I do remember my first kiss before that, too, but it's not really an accomplishment to do so because it was only a couple of months before the tongue one.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).