New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1518
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community W-B Game IV: **** Is Getting Real... It's Always Getting Real!

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Meanwhile, all that talk about moons and stars made me creative, so as a fluff action, one of the Blade-scholars at the Academy of Culture and Prowess made a starmap:

Spoiler: Map of the Stars of Hurosha
    Show
    The stars at night, as seen from Kasumor, Hurosha Empire

Now my question is, would anyone be interested in building some constilations with me (this map is totally random, it isnt any existing view)? If not, I'll put some down myself. If there is enough interest, I'll start a seperate thread.
    You can't put captions inside the image tags.

(But I fixed it in the quote. )
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-04-24 at 11:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community W-B Game IV: **** Is Getting Real... It's Always Getting Real!

Now my question is, would anyone be interested in building some constilations with me (this map is totally random, it isnt any existing view)? If not, I'll put some down myself. If there is enough interest, I'll start a seperate thread.
    I know very little about astronomy, but if a project is started I'll join it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Considering the rules for trading techs were, I'm pretty sure, different before and only clarified here after the round was over coupled with the fact that Alydaxis and I could have simply gifted each other technologies since that's allowed would it be outside the realm of possibility to allow that transaction to be counted and then from here forth we'll use the new established ruling?
    What is the current rule on technology trading, for clarity?
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I know very little about astronomy, but if a project is started I'll join it.

What is the current rule on technology trading, for clarity?
    If I'm understanding right on the round you receive a technology (via trade or invention) you can't trade it that same round, say I invent paper towels in Round 10, I can't trade paper towels tech until Round 11. However (and this is where it seems a bit absurd) I can gift technologies the same round I invent them, so If I invent paper towels in Round 10 I can gift them in that same round, using that same action I used to invent them. Further, if I was wanting to trade my invented/received tech/resource from that round with someone else for a technology/resource they had invented/received that round (as the trade of trained Kralax and Plate Armor is being counted between me and Alydaxis) we couldn't make that trade but according to the rules we could gift each other the technology/resource as separate actions.

As you can see, it doesn't make any sense since gifting is allowed but trade isn't.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-24 at 11:47 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

That was my reading of the rules as well.

I'm going to suggest this to Morph and the group:

A "trade" is swapping an actual resource / technology for another. As this involves gathering up the resources in question, it cannot be used by the receiving region until next round. It cannot be traded until the next round either, for the same reasons. The sending region is required to have the requisite resources for production.
    ----> I trade Pitch technology for Plate mail. That means I am physically sending a load of pitch and getting a pile of platemail.

A "gift" is the giving of training and understanding in a resource / technology. No actual resources are swapped. It will take until next round for the receiving region to 'spin up' production capacity. However, as this is just knowledge, it CAN be traded on the round it is gained. In this case, the receiving region has to have the resources to USE the technology.
    ----> I gift Pitch technology for Plate Mail technology. Provided I have the resources, I can start making Platemail next round. The person who got my Pitch technology can send the blueprints and alchemical formulae to anyone else they want.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Orc in the Playground

Meanwhile, all that talk about moons and stars made me creative, so as a fluff action, one of the Blade-scholars at the Academy of Culture and Prowess made a starmap:

Spoiler: Map of the Stars of Hurosha
    Show
    The stars at night, as seen from Kasumor, Hurosha Empire

Edit: Fixed, thanks Blade!
    I would love to build constellations!
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So, uh, like this?

Spoiler: Starmap sample constellations
    Show

I'd call these the Boat, the Fish, the Whip, the Spear, and the Squid. You can probably guess which is which.

EDIT: Whoops, image broke. Should be fixed now.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-04-24 at 01:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thread is almost up! The constilation making thread. Everyone take turns adding one constilation. That way we make sure that constilations do not overlap.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

I've also started a thread to collect together all the maps I've made (and those I or indeed others may make in future) so they can be more easily found. See it here.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

9. - Top - End - #1479

Star-Sky building thread is up!

Remember guys, one at a time, we don't want overlap. If you want, you can also add a bit of fluff or roleplay to the post. And remember, this is from the northern hemisphere's point of view.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

How long does diplomatic colonization take?

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiori View Post
    How long does diplomatic colonization take?
    Two rounds.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If I have claim on two regions that were once part of a 2-region nation, would I have to take separate actions for each or can I do the whole thing in one action?

Also, in case no one noticed, Scla' ca was in possession of region 42, so technically Burch is launching an invasion.

EDIT: Also, do I need to roll if I am the only one who has claim?
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-04-24 at 06:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    If I have claim on two regions that were once part of a 2-region nation, would I have to take separate actions for each or can I do the whole thing in one action?

Also, in case no one noticed, Scla' ca was in possession of region 42, so technically Burch is launching an invasion.

I'm actually ensuring that order and stability remain, that no lives are lost in what could become a civil war between parties who wish to take control of the region. In the same vein of thought as Sam is thinking now, or QB before him.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

14. - Top - End - #1484

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I'm actually ensuring that order and stability remain, that no lives are lost in what could become a civil war between parties who wish to take control of the region. In the same vein of thought as Sam is thinking now, or QB before him.
    Oh god, are we going to have to go at it again? xD

Imma just gonna be drawing constellations.

Btw if anyone wants phoenixes or squid as an import, contact Eleljak and Grïend at the Anniversary for a trade talk.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-04-24 at 06:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

15. - Top - End - #1485

Oh god, are we going to have to go at it again? xD
    Only if you decide a minor colonial dispute is worth going to war with us again. Over a region that is near the heart of my territories. Of course, you only actually dispute these things when it comes from myself, as opposed to your own compatriot that is performing the exact same action.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Wowowow, I haven't said who will get 12 teched-up units on his ass. :P

Although I would really hate attacking atm, building hovertrains is much more fun.

One OOC word of advice though, don't let this turn out into a chain reaction.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-04-24 at 06:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Only if you decide a minor colonial dispute is worth going to war with us again. Over a region that is near the heart of my territories. Of course, you only actually dispute these things when it comes from myself, as opposed to your own compatriot that is performing the exact same action.
    Technically, I'm filing a claim and I can d5 stabilize it next round. And it also happens to be in the heart of MY territory as well, sooooooo... :fakesmallconfused:

18. - Top - End - #1488

Wowowow, I haven't said who will get 12 teched-up units on his ass. :P

Although I would really hate attacking atm, building hovertrains is much more fun.
    Unless you're speaking of the Salterri, I highly doubt you would take my side in most any conflict. Especially given what I know about moosabbi's and the GC's relationship.

19. - Top - End - #1489

Unless you're speaking of the Salterri, I highly doubt you would take my side in most any conflict. Especially given what I know about moosabbi's and the GC's relationship.
    You could try to improve it so I would. I'm up for peace(s).

But anyway guys, I'm going to bed, good night.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-04-24 at 06:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming I'm reading the rules correctly, I think you'd still have to roll, since the people there wouldn't automatically accept your claim to rule them. But since you'd automatically have the highest roll, you'd just need a straight result of 9 (for one-round colonisation) or two 6s in a row (for two rounds).

Whatever this war is, I enthusiastically support it and can supply mercenaries to whichever side promises to escalate it the most in exchange for a modest fee.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-04-24 at 06:37 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, guys. Play nice now. Let's leave these petty squabbles behind and go back to hating on the Salterri, okay?
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Okay, guys. Play nice now. Let's leave these petty squabbles behind and go back to hating on the Salterri, okay?
    Right you are!
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

23. - Top - End - #1493

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Oke! I can even use that to improve relations with Burch! Whaddaya say Burch! Steamroll or not to steamroll?

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

24. - Top - End - #1494

Technically, I'm filing a claim and I can d5 stabilize it next round. And it also happens to be in the heart of MY territory as well, sooooooo... :fakesmallconfused:
    It's the exact same IC bull that Sam used in his invasion; I did go a bit IC there, and I do apologize for that.

You could try to improve it so I would. I'm up for peace(s).

But anyway guys, I'm going to bed, good night.
    Oh I totally want peace. I also want a GK, and I tried to do it peacefully. I offered moosabbi Cassia (once the Salterrie are straightened out, plus a continued defense pact in case that exact situation occurred), any two of my techs, any four of my resources, plus free and continued access to any of my ports, for region 41. But he refused, and this is the result. His objection that, by offering him partial control of the single strait that leads to the southern sea, I must obviously want to take over all his ports on the southern sea(even though Cassia has ports on the exact same sea) and seek to destroy him. *shrug*

Oke! I can even use that to improve relations with Burch! Whaddaya say Burch! Steamroll or not to steamroll?
    Oh, I'm totally up for attacking the Salterri. In fact, I'd even offer a couple free resources as gratitude and reparations if you assisted in invading them!

Do you have air units? Cause I can totally hook you up.

EDIT: I didn't, actually. I'm still citing him and QB as precedent, though.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-04-24 at 06:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Whatever this war is, I enthusiastically support it and can supply mercenaries to whichever side promises to escalate it the most in exchange for a modest fee.
    This statement gives me entirely too much amusement.

BTW Burch, you might have missed it since we didn't advertise it much, but Sam and I straightened that whole thing out and came to a mutually acceptable compromise. There aren't any invasions going on as far as I know.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It's the exact same IC bull that Sam used in his invasion; I did go a bit IC there, and I do apologize for that.
    Oh gosh... I didn't mean to be personally attacking you! The thing is that it seems like if you want to form a GK you can already do it, whereas I'm relying on claims and cheep colonization attempts. I really don't want war, so how about a compromise: we can share region 42 and each use it in a GK. We can each get control of one of the good resources, considering that it has been determined that it only has 2, one of which is limestone.

27. - Top - End - #1497

Oh gosh... I didn't mean to be personally attacking you! The thing is that it seems like if you want to form a GK you can already do it, whereas I'm relying on claims and cheep colonization attempts. I really don't want war, so how about a compromise: we can share region 42 and each use it in a GK. We can each get control of one of the good resources, considering that it has been determined that it only has 2, one of which is limestone.
    I've never actually been able to form a GK before; hence why I wanted 41 in the first place. I've had more than four regions for a while now, but none have been contiguous.

I'd be perfectly fine with that compromise, assuming it's rules-legal. Actually, I believe something similar happened with Way and Arkh in 4B, although that situation has since changed. I don't know if that counted to a GK, though.

It's also a comepletely undefined region, besides resources and perhaps population. I'd be fine with you defining it, if you'd like, as long as I can define a landmark and the population is at least 1/3 human. Or I can do it, if you'd like.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Troll in the Playground

Except OOC I admit mine was BS and that is was a power hungry move to get more land in a region no one cared to defend for long.

Yeah, you're really screwing moosabi and your "offer" traps him between your territories with no way to form a GK himself. You have all the West from 70/49, taking 42 is just vindictive against a nation who has done nothing to you. If you're going to do it, at least call it what it is.

I don't think half a region would work unless you got another half region to go with it and then neither of you are really any closer to a GK. No, this is going to be a military conflict or a resolution will have to be worked.

Burch, why can't you just focus on expanding west and let moos have his little GK area? Isn't it better to have someone who doesn't resent you than to have one extra region that can easily be made up for with continued westward expansion?

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've never actually been able to form a GK before; hence why I wanted 41 in the first place. I've had more than four regions for a while now, but none have been contiguous.

I'd be perfectly fine with that compromise, assuming it's rules-legal. Actually, I believe something similar happened with Way and Arkh in 4B, although that situation has since changed. I don't know if that counted to a GK, though.

It's also a comepletely undefined region, besides resources and perhaps population. I'd be fine with you defining it, if you'd like, as long as I can define a landmark and the population is at least 1/3 human. Or I can do it, if you'd like.
    Perfect! No War!!!

1/2 can be human, and you can define 1 resource and two landmarks. Sorry, I didn't know about the adjacency rule. I would have given you 41, but I had a tech centered on the Kralax and I like them more than I like the giraffes (a lot).

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Ettin in the Playground

*Ironfang looks at the squabbling humans*
    *RAISES an eyebrow*
    *Pulls out a folding chair, straightens it out, and sits down*
    *Drinks out of a coconut with a little umbrella in it, watching everything unfold with binoculars WAAAAAAAY in the back*

All this talk of war is getting my heart pumping! And then I remember Bloodfang's dead.

Crazy old coot knew how to start a good WAAAGH! right proppa.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-04-24 at 08:30 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░