New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Rage related hp help needed

Hey all. Looking for clarification on something barbarian related.

I'm playing a centaur barbarian in a campaign, and I'm on the cusp of going into rage-mode :) I've looked around, but I can't find a clear explanation of how much hp I'm supposed to temporarily gain while raging.

Using Savage Species, he's a centaur 6/barbarian 1, with 20 Con, 51 hp. Do I gain 2hp per hit dice, per total ecl, per barbarian level, what? Also, does the rage given Con boost affect me too? How is it calculated, so I can work it out for future too? Thanks all :)
    Generation 11
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Rage related hp help needed

If its 3.5 rage it will be 2 hp per HD, because you get 4 con from raging.

However, this hp increase is not temporary, when you un-rage you lose the HP and can potentially die.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The basic Barbarian Rage grants a +4 bonus to Constitution. This does everything that a change in Con always does: increases your Fort save, Concentration skill, and hit points. You gain +2 hit points for each Hit Die (including your racial HD, but not including Level Adjustment). These adjustments are made to both your current and maximum hp values, and the increase in hp is lost when your Rage ends. Note that this can be fatal if your hp is too low.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Exactly what I needed, thanks for the quick replies. I know about the whole 'losing hp' after the rage, it's why I'm making friends with the party cleric :)
    Generation 11
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.