New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

19:05 - District 2 - Academy City.
    Ascendancy Research Institute.

A mechanical door hisses slightly as it slides open. A young aide steps through into a spartan room containing a work desk with several monitors, a large CPU and a lone server in the corner.

The aide places a few files onto the table as a man with graying hair continues typing with a keyboard. "Sir, all the invites have been sent out, either digitally or by hand-delivered mail. The psychological evaluations for those most likely to shift to level 5 by the end of the project are here, listed by potential and likely shift dates."

The older man pauses his typing and looks up, resting his hands on the armrests of his chair.

"Ah, Kitamura. Good job. Given the mind-boggling scale of this project, I'm surprised you got all of those out so fast. You really are a talent."

The aide steps back, shaking his head.

"Not at all, sir. Your skill at delegation got me the personalized letters on schedule."

The older man smiles, then takes a sip of coffee from a mug on his table.

"So all the preparatory work is done... So far. Any news on the competing projects?"

"No further breakthroughs, but I heard that the Revenant team has begun testing nanotechnological applications."

"Hmm, interesting. So, are Imai and the girl ready?"

"Yes."

"Excellent." The elder of the two places his elbows on the table, interlocks his fingers and leans in, his nose hovering a few centimeters from his thumbs. As he pauses, only the soft hum of the server's coolant pumps can be heard. Then, he speaks again.

"Then everything is in place. We begin the next phase tomorrow then. Tell Imai to be here by tomorrow and send out the messages."

The aide nods and turns to leave.

"Sir."

---<>---

19:00 - District 7 - Academy City.
    Judgement Office 177

Today is yet another quiet day, despite the intense flurry of activity over the previous few weeks- what with the (unfruitful) pursuit of Ashikaga Daisuke and the various altercations the unfortunate members of Office 177 had to deal with. Almost all of the members were sitting around the lounge, doing their homework or playing with their phones or handheld gaming devices.

Except one.

In his own cubicle, Shirogane Ren was browsing through the exterior photos he took of the Ascendancy Institute, noting out exits, exposed windows and fire escapes, while at the same time mentally pre-measuring teleportation points.

The Combat Esper Program, like every other "test", was most likely a trap, but there was something to be gained by participating.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Since I left, how long has it been?
    Sakura inquires, worry on her face
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka thinks on this for a few seconds, tilting her head to the side. "Um... it's been a little over two years, I think...?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka thinks on this for a few seconds, tilting her head to the side. "Um... it's been a little over two years, I think...?"
    The younger girl looks utterly bewildered by this, as well as shocked and mortified.
    Two years?! I never saw the sun set since I left!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #334

The younger girl looks utterly bewildered by this, as well as shocked and mortified.
    Two years?! I never saw the sun set since I left!
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"You never saw the sun?" Shizuka gives her a confused look. "As in you were inside the entire time, or you never saw the sun until now...?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #335

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"You never saw the sun?" Shizuka gives her a confused look. "As in you were inside the entire time, or you never saw the sun until now...?"
    The latter, sis. That's why I'm so confused.
    Sakura replies honestly.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #336

The latter, sis. That's why I'm so confused.
    Sakura replies honestly.
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka takes in a sudden breath as Sakura calls her 'sis'. She smiles and hugs her tightly. "So your memories are just of one long night?"

7. - Top - End - #337

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka takes in a sudden breath as Sakura calls her 'sis'. She smiles and hugs her tightly. "So your memories are just of one long night?"
    Sakura nods, hugging back tightly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

The reunion between Sakura and Shizuka seemed to be a happy one for both of them. Ishimaru Moroe, on the other hand, had no reason to celebrate it. All she saw (via her floating spy) was the potential for tragedy and extra work.

"A two year memory gap? That has 'test subject' written all over it. I really hope I'm not about to get a call from someone who wants that girl's brains blown out..."

9. - Top - End - #339

Sakura nods, hugging back tightly.
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"I... what do you remember?" Shizuka finally breaks away from the hug. She sits down next to Sakura, then glances at Shantelle. "Oh, I'm sorry. Shantelle, this is my sister, Otosaki Sakura. Imouto, this is Shantelle. She's my newest friend."

10. - Top - End - #340

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"I... what do you remember?" Shizuka finally breaks away from the hug. She sits down next to Sakura, then glances at Shantelle. "Oh, I'm sorry. Shantelle, this is my sister, Otosaki Sakura. Imouto, this is Shantelle. She's my newest friend."
    Just... leaving and taking a long walk in the park to cool my head... then nothing.
    Sakura replies shakily, and then turns to Shantelle, who has been leaning upon the alley wall.
    Oh, um, hello, Shantelle.
    Uh, hello. Glad to meet you, Sakura.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #341

Just... leaving and taking a long walk in the park to cool my head... then nothing.
    Sakura replies shakily, and then turns to Shantelle, who has been leaning upon the alley wall.
    Oh, um, hello, Shantelle.
    Uh, hello. Glad to meet you, Sakura.
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"...that's not good." Shizuka frowns slightly, chewing on her bottom lip. "I mean, mom and dad went out to look for you after an hour or so, but they couldn't find you. Then we called the police and they started searching, but they couldn't find you either. So where did you go...?"

12. - Top - End - #342

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"...that's not good." Shizuka frowns slightly, chewing on her bottom lip. "I mean, mom and dad went out to look for you after an hour or so, but they couldn't find you. Then we called the police and they started searching, but they couldn't find you either. So where did you go...?"
    Sakura shrugs.
    I don't know...
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #343

Sakura shrugs.
    I don't know...
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka frowns again, then sighs. "Oh... well, what's the last thing you remember before you saw me?"

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[ONIZUKA, LUNCH ON THE ROOF]

Eventually, once all the hoopla with the tremor has subsided, the students will probably just sit down to eat lunch. Eli went with a simple peanut butter sandwich with strawberry jam today, although it looks like he doubled up on the peanut butter. Unless a conversation strikes itself up in the course of things, he'll ask the group, "So, are all of you guys psychics already? I'm stoked to learn some crazy skills myself."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    "So, are all of you guys psychics already? I'm stoked to learn some crazy skills myself."
    "Crazy skills? Does that make me a crazy user?" says Shun chuckling, while eating his yakisoba bread. He makes no efforts in trying to deny being an ESPer, since he let the cat out of the bag before when telling Tobio not to go alone, but does not specify what power he has. "Anyway, you're new here, so it's normal to not have any yet...but don't worry, all you need is the drive to obtain them. After all, it's a matter of personal reality."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

16. - Top - End - #346

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka frowns again, then sighs. "Oh... well, what's the last thing you remember before you saw me?"
    Walking in the park, and that's all, really.
    Shizuka replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    From within this most pleasant embrace, Kin pondered. Honestly, she was fine with them all just staying like this.

"Well, it's too early to present my hand-crafted 'welcome home' gifts. So how about a rousing game of laser tag? That counts as training, right?"

Crocell humors Kin by thinking about it...and then thinking about it some more. Hey that actually sounded like a really fun idea! It was brilliant! Crocell nodded to himself with a wide grin on his face as he looked toward his sticky fingered friend and wrapped her in a one armed hug.

"Kin that is an absolutely brilliant idea! I haven't played laser tag in forever, plus it's fun as all get out. Ooohh! When it gets warmer we absolutely have to play paintball. It's even more fun than laser tag."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    "Crazy skills? Does that make me a crazy user?" says Shun chuckling, while eating his yakisoba bread. He makes no efforts in trying to deny being an ESPer, since he let the cat out of the bag before when telling Tobio not to go alone, but does not specify what power he has. "Anyway, you're new here, so it's normal to not have any yet...but don't worry, all you need is the drive to obtain them. After all, it's a matter of personal reality."

Eventually, once all the hoopla with the tremor has subsided, the students will probably just sit down to eat lunch. Eli went with a simple peanut butter sandwich with strawberry jam today, although it looks like he doubled up on the peanut butter. Unless a conversation strikes itself up in the course of things, he'll ask the group, "So, are all of you guys psychics already? I'm stoked to learn some crazy skills myself."
    Tobio had decided not to go as the tremors ended. After all he didn't want to get civilians involved with something so potentially dangerous. Plus it wasn't like he was the only Judgement officer. There would no doubt be others on the scene, probably closer too. As he sat back down apprehensively he looked over at Shun and Eli, listening to their conversation. Hearing what Shun said he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah Eli-san. Shun-san is correct. I should know, I've been working very hard on my power recently. I won't be sure till the next System Scan but I think I've gone from a level 3 to a level 4. Understanding how your power works and working hard at improving it are key elements to getting better."

18. - Top - End - #348

Krystal grins and nods her head.

Definitely on the laser tag. We'll see about the paintballs.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #349

Walking in the park, and that's all, really.
    Shizuka replies.
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"That's odd..." Shizuka tilts her head. "There was an earthquake just a few minutes ago... did you feel it?"

"I... I actually thought that you might have caused it... since, y'know, your power..."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Previous posts
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio had decided not to go as the tremors ended. After all he didn't want to get civilians involved with something so potentially dangerous. Plus it wasn't like he was the only Judgement officer. There would no doubt be others on the scene, probably closer too. As he sat back down apprehensively he looked over at Shun and Eli, listening to their conversation. Hearing what Shun said he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah Eli-san. Shun-san is correct. I should know, I've been working very hard on my power recently. I won't be sure till the next System Scan but I think I've gone from a level 3 to a level 4. Understanding how your power works and working hard at improving it are key elements to getting better."

All these technical terms make Eli's head spin. He tries not to sound too whiny as he quizically repeats, "Uh, hang on...'Personal reality'? And what's this about 'scanning' and 'levels'...? Ugh, I'm already confused..."

So it begins. ((But don't feel like you need to type it all out; simply noting if they have a discussion explaining how ESPer skills and evaluation work will suffice.))

21. - Top - End - #351

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"That's odd..." Shizuka tilts her head. "There was an earthquake just a few minutes ago... did you feel it?"

"I... I actually thought that you might have caused it... since, y'know, your power..."
    Sakura shrugs.
    No, actually. I don't think I did...
    She replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell humors Kin by thinking about it...and then thinking about it some more. Hey that actually sounded like a really fun idea! It was brilliant! Crocell nodded to himself with a wide grin on his face as he looked toward his sticky fingered friend and wrapped her in a one armed hug.

"Kin that is an absolutely brilliant idea! I haven't played laser tag in forever, plus it's fun as all get out. Ooohh! When it gets warmer we absolutely have to play paintball. It's even more fun than laser tag."
    Kin contentedly rested her head on her friend's shoulder. She really liked this new, clingier Crocell. Lately he seemed to take every opportunity to pull her (and/or Krystal) into a platonic embrace. Kin was of course happy to indulge this growing compulsion.

"Then let us go forth, to the best laser tag arena in the city! My ultra platinum membership card has gone unused for far too long. Onward!"

If Crocell so desired, he'd be able to keep his arm around Kin until they reached their destination: An arcade so massive that it could easily be mistaken for a research institute. As usual, the architects of Academy City had refused to settle for second place.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-05-16 at 06:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

All these technical terms make Eli's head spin. He tries not to sound too whiny as he quizically repeats, "Uh, hang on...'Personal reality'? And what's this about 'scanning' and 'levels'...? Ugh, I'm already confused..."

So it begins. ((But don't feel like you need to type it all out; simply noting if they have a discussion explaining how ESPer skills and evaluation work will suffice.))
    "Uh...well...ESPers are ranked...

...and that's what personal reality is. The gist of it, at least."
    Shun finishes explaining, hoping to have done so decently and showing off his scientific knowledge. He has however the tendency to use a lot of technical terms, so probably Tobio has had to re-explain some parts with more "understandable" ones. He then turns towards the Judgment boy and sincerely tells him: "Level 4, you say? Well, congratulations!".
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

24. - Top - End - #354

Sakura shrugs.
    No, actually. I don't think I did...
    She replies
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"Ah, alright." Shizuka hugs her sister, smiling. "I believe that you didn't do it on purpose. I know wouldn't."

"...but we can't rule out the possibility of someone having taken control of you or something. After all, you have a two year memory gap..."

25. - Top - End - #355

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"Ah, alright." Shizuka hugs her sister, smiling. "I believe that you didn't do it on purpose. I know wouldn't."

"...but we can't rule out the possibility of someone having taken control of you or something. After all, you have a two year memory gap..."
    Sakura hugs back!
    Yeah, that is true...
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #356

Sakura hugs back!
    Yeah, that is true...
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka stands up, reaching a hand out to her. "Come on, let's get you out of this place. I can take you back to my dorm."

27. - Top - End - #357

[Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

Shizuka stands up, reaching a hand out to her. "Come on, let's get you out of this place. I can take you back to my dorm."
    Sakura smiles, taking her sister's hand and nodding.
    Sure!
    ...mind if I come along?
    Shantelle inquires awkwardly, still unsure how to act.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal grins and nods her head.

Definitely on the laser tag. We'll see about the paintballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Kin contentedly rested her head on her friend's shoulder. She really liked this new, clingier Crocell. Lately he seemed to take every opportunity to pull her (and/or Krystal) into a platonic embrace. Kin was of course happy to indulge this growing compulsion.

"Then let us go forth, to the best laser tag arena in the city! My ultra platinum membership card has gone unused for far too long. Onward!"

If Crocell so desired, he'd be able to keep his arm around Kin until they reached their destination: An arcade so massive that it could easily be mistaken for a research institute. As usual, the architects of Academy City had refused to settle for second place.
    What Kin noticed about Crocell was him trying to make himself adapt to close contact with a girl. After figuring out that Kin was not going to stop hugging her snuggly heat source he figured that 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em'. Krystal he gave a hug because he hadn't seen her in so long thanks to her being out of town. Kin was the cuddle monster though. So as a test to himself Crocell did his best to keep his one armed hug around Kin, very conscious of how they looked since Kin decided to rest her head on his shoulder. Normally Crocell didn't give two craps about people though about him. However thinking about how they looked to other people got Crocell's mind started down the road about him and Kin actually being like that. That brought back the redness to his face as they headed off towards their destination. Crocell could only be glad that he didn't have these problems with Krystal thanks to the fact that she was all to conscious about the connotations of things like this.

29. - Top - End - #359

That, and the fact that Krystal thought Kin and Crocell were cute together.

Krystal looks up at the arcade with wonder. Sure, she had been here before. But it had been a while, and the size of things here in Academy City was very much different than where she just came back from. Except the football stadium there. That was big enough to be at home here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #360

Sakura smiles, taking her sister's hand and nodding.
    Sure!
    ...mind if I come along?
    Shantelle inquires awkwardly, still unsure how to act.
    [Tokiwadai - Epicenter]

"Hm? Oh, of course!" Shizuka beams at Shantelle, holding out a hand for her as well. She'll start leading the two other girls back to the main street. "You can definitely come with us!"