New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [RailITP] Academy City FFRP IC I

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Tokiwadai - Outside the Hospital]

After a short and uneventful visit to the hospital where Shizuka's shoddy bandages were replaced with a professional job, the two find themselves on the street outside.

"So, um, you wanna keep planning? Or do you have other things you need to do?"
    The cuts are just minor! Yay!
    I'd like to keep planning. Hmm... Maybe we could just hang out too?
    Shantelle suggests, leaning on a tree.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "E-easy there. If you lavish too much praise on me now, there'll be none left for when I really start doing well."

These words were spoken while Kin awkwardly scrutinised the tops of her own shoes. At times like this, she treated Crocell more like a beloved mentor than an equal. Still looking down, she hastily finished off the last surviving morsels of food, then stood up and brushed the crumbs off her uniform.

"A-anyway, are we ready to go? I think we should be heading back soon..."
    Crocell nodded his head as they threw away their napkins and various other other things and left the establishment to head back. He told her that there wouldn't be any training today as he was going to be on patrol and headed off to do his duties.

Next Day-Azabu High school school

Crocell went through his day with he usual amount of indifference. It wasn't that the classes weren't challenging it was just that when you have the power to soar through the air like a rocket and be your own fireworks show paperwork was even more tedious than it usually was. Well he didn't have patrol today so at least he could go free running after school. He would probably invite Kin since she shown a surprising interest in the sport. They could probably even treat it as a training session for her powers. though training didn't quite feel right when Krystal was out of town. Hopefully she would be back soon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
    Next Day-Onizuka Middle school

Tobio walked though the hallway's of Onizuka in between classes with his head down as per usual. He did his best to avoid being noticed. Especially since some of the kids had a habit of picking on him because of his shy and timid nature. Not to mention his reluctance to fight those who didn't deserve or just to protect himself. As his friend Shuugo could tell people Tobio wasn't a pushover by any means. Speaking of said friend Tobio bumped into him along with way to Chemistry. Looking down at his smaller friend Tobio smiled.

"Ohaiyo Shuugo-kun. It's good to see you. Have you been practicing your Nimori-Ryu? I've been practicing a bit myself. After all the least I can do is put in the proper amount of effort since you decided to teach it to me."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The cuts are just minor! Yay!
    I'd like to keep planning. Hmm... Maybe we could just hang out too?
    Shantelle suggests, leaning on a tree.
    [Tokiwadai - On the Streets]

"Sure!" Shizuka smiles. "So, how are your arms? Do they still hurt?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Would it not be more prudent to explain to him that there are several tutors in the nearby area that would teach Japanese to foreigners, Ishimaru-san? Some of which have access to abilities that could speed up the process?"

"I am fairly certain you at least know of one of the cheapest ways to learn a new language. Giving him the information would cost you nothing and gain gratitude, and it is not as if the affordability would be a problem for you, Ishimaru-san. It would instead become his prerogative to decide if he cares more for his own mind being his own, or understanding the people around him."
    "I'm sure he doesn't need my help to find a normal tutor. As for the telepaths, he's better off without becoming their guinea pig."

Moroe paused. Her views on this subject had recently undergone some rather forcible expansion: Chiefly because of the two most important people in her life. She lowered her voice and kept an eye out for eavesdroppers.

"Look, I know this sort of thing can work: You and Shougo are living proof of that. But I'm living proof of the risks. Even with all my telepathic training, that psychic link still gave me an extra childhood, and a lot of really confusing feelings. Imagine what that sort of backfire could do to a civilian. And even if the telepath is too good to make a mistake, there's a good chance that they're deliberately brainwashing you as part of some scheme. It's just not worth the risk."

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Tokiwadai

Krystal was about to respond, but then a wild teacher appeared!

Stifling a chuckle at Kin's sudden change in mannerism, Krystal nods her head towards her friend.

I am glad I could help. Shall we? She gestures in the general direction of their next class, and will lead the way there.
    For Kin, the class which followed seemed agonisingly slow. She'd been separated from Krystal for so long that any further delay was almost intolerable. When at long, long last the teacher dismissed everyone, it took serious willpower not to dash headlong out of the room. Instead she departed quietly, with the grace and dignity expected of her. But if she and Krystal didn't manage to leave the building soon, all that pent-up energy inside her was liable to explode...

5. - Top - End - #245

Tokiwadai

Seeing Kin explode with energy would be amusing...

Alas, it shall not happen yet. The girls manage to make it out before such a thing can happen. This time...

Krystal turns to Kin, her own excitement showing on her face. So, what should we do? Go find Crocell?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

"Naturally. But first, we dance!"

Kin grabbed Krystal, pulled her close, and proceeded to lead the other girl in a bizarre waltz/tango hybrid around the courtyard. Oh how she'd missed this.

"No quiet cafes for us today! We're going to leap and run and cavort and sing until our lungs are ready to burst!"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Onizuka Middle School]

Shun, out of breath, arrived at Onizuka a moment before the crowd of students began to thin out

"Thanks...goodness...I...did it!"

While he was recovering from the fatigue, something drawed his attention: a robotic-ish voice, whose source seemed to be a fellow student with a translator collar.

A translator collar? Haven't seen one for a while, he thought, and smirked when he remembered a poor student whose collar had been hacked and modified to shout profanities. The poor guy risked expulsion whitout even knowing why...I hope the same doesn't happen to him. Middle schoolers can be really nasty. Shun then realized that, lost in his thoughts, he unconsciously followed him. Luckily, I'm heading in the right direction. Maybe we're in the same class. Should I speak to him? But wouldn't it be strange for a complete stranger to just start talking out of the blue? Besides, he seemed engaged in conversation with that girl, so it's not like he hasn't any friends. Oh, well, one thing at a time, this might as well be the last time I see him...I suppose I just have to wait to find out.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

8. - Top - End - #248

Krystal laughs as she gets pulled into Kin's antics. The girl seemed a bit more energetic than usual today.

I'll do the running and jumping, but if you don't want your ears to bleed, I won't be singing. She grins a bit.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #249

"Sure!" Shizuka smiles. "So, how are your arms? Do they still hurt?"
    The spectacled, eye patch wearing mademoiselle shakes her head
    Nope.
    Shantelle lies. They sting a bit.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The spectacled, eye patch wearing mademoiselle shakes her head
    Nope.
    Shantelle lies. They sting a bit.

"Ah, that's good." Shizuka smiles happily, relieved. "They'll probably heal within a few days... I hope there aren't any scars..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #251

"Ah, that's good." Shizuka smiles happily, relieved. "They'll probably heal within a few days... I hope there aren't any scars..."
    Fingers crossed!
    Shäntelle replies, chuckling.
    So, anything you want to do?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Onizuka - Morning-ish

Shellie squints at her schedule as she walks along the wall of the crowded hallway. Her locker was in the same place it was two years ago, but most of her classes are advanced placement classes way on the other end of the complex.

In her hand is a doctor's note, a necessity if she's to convince her teachers to let her wear her thick headphones in class. Even with them on, the presence of a school full students is pretty overwhelming. You would think that it would all eventually just become white noise, but for Shellie, this isn't quite so. Her mind can't keep up with it, but her ears pick up everything from the toilets to the buses to the tiniest -

"[All I know is, if this keeps up, I'm going to start talking in the universal language of fists...]"

"I am fairly certain you at least know of one of the cheapest ways to learn a new language... It would instead become his prerogative to decide if he cares more for his own mind being his own, or understanding the people around him."

"Look, I know this sort of thing can work: You and Shougo are living proof of that. But I'm living proof of the risks. Even with all my telepathic training, that psychic link still gave me an extra childhood, and a lot of really confusing feelings. Imagine what that sort of backfire could do to a civilian."
    ...whisper. I guess I'm not the only one who's had problems with side effects...

The first voice, from context, was probably Eli, but she's not sure about the others; recognizing voices is still not the easiest thing. They must be some distance away, too. The conversation is quickly lost in a sea of others about homework, dating, and some kind of psychic fighting tournament.

She does notice soon enough that Eli is in one of her classes, identifying him based on the soft blue glow of the electronic collar around his neck and the peculiar vocalizations coming from it throughout the lecture. The translator actually does seem different form the ones she had seen... must be a newer model.

Come lunchtime, Shellie plans to make her way through the ladders in the theater to the roof as promised. She invites Eli to come along if he feels like it and retrieves Shougo's coat from her locker before making the trip.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

[OOC: Wasn't Tobio's colour a light blue or something before?]

Shougo's face fell once he noticed Shellie's look of abrupt distaste as she put on his jacket. Was he really that repulsive? Was she truly that disgusting by his conduct? He hung his head in shame and said little as they continued, answering only when spoken to. He should have known; his conduct was shameful, especially considering he was going to be part of their Paramilitary Police Force soon. His walk slowed as he nodded in time with her words. Of course. He must have seen her around ... Right? He cringed inwardly at the thought. Was he really such a social shut-in that he hadn't noticed someone who'd been part of his school for his entire time there?

He only began taking notice of the world once more when Shellie finally bade him goodbye. He replied shakily, but in kind.

"A-Ah, sayonara, Tiyegeru-san."

Trudging back home and trying to erase the memory of his disgrace, Shougo slowly began picking his pace. Faster, faster, faster. Mother was waiting for him. Faster, faster, faster, and his body lightened as the voice in his head ran through calculations at breakneck speed. The colour of green. Forget about that girl. What did she know? His breathing steadied as he tensed his legs and leaped onto the top of a two-storey building.

Soon, he was home.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Onizuka Morning

"Ah! Ishida-san! I have been meaning to ask you-"

Oh. That's right, he'd forgotten to do just that. If it weren't for the fact that doing so in public would have been disastrously inappropriate, Shougo would have slapped himself in the face. As it were, he sighed and pressed two fingers to his forehead.

"I have been meaning to ask you; are you free this afternoon? Today is one of the few days where I am not required at the Ascendancy Institution. Would you like to spend the afternoon together? It has been rather long since we have."

He paused as Tobio spoke.

"Yes. In fact, in part, I believe I have learned how to better refine it to suit my abilities and stature better."

He winced at what he'd just said. He hated to think that it'd be true; that he could 'perfect' his father's style as a mere novice in its arts. But it was true. He had been learning how to better suit it to his shorter stature, smaller frame, and most of all, Charge Action. Now, he could make blows rain down on an enemy with harrowing force even when common sense and training would dictate that it should have no power; blows delivered from awkward, almost impossible angles could now crush bones and rupture organs. And that was only offensively: Defensively, he had learned how to lighten his body, moving with simply inhuman agility, and how to roll with blows to the point where most conventional attacks would simply slide off him. His mouth and mind was still working when the chemistry teacher entered the class and began a role-call.

Tobio might have noticed Shougo's grades in several fields - particularly physics and math - improving significantly, ever since he had last left the hospital. Now, his answers were cold, clinical and ever correct. Curiously, when asked to give examples, they would almost inevitably be trajectories; particularly that of relatively linear movement such as that of a bullet. Shougo himself would have been a little confused even as he gave these examples, occasionally switching out 'bullet' for 'knife'.

Regardless, when lunch rolled about Shougo and Tobio would have retreated to the roof-top as they usually would. It was often cold and windy up here, now, and on several days they may have tempted to retreat to a more sheltered location, but fortunately today's weather appeared to be holding up well enough for them to stay there. After pacing about to loosen his joints, Shougo would have turned to Shougo and bowed formally.

"Would you like to spar briefly before we eat, Ishida-san? I would like to show you what I have learned."

If Tobio accepted, they would have sparred as they did in the past. It would not have been the same proposition as before; Shougo had, in terms of fighting prowess, grown in leaps and bounds. It would have begun with Shougo leaping off one foot, faster than Tobio had ever seen him move. An attempt on his part to counter him would have met with Shougo twisting out of the way mid-air like a piece of paper encountering a gust of wind, before moving forward. And then the rain of blows would have begun.

Tobio was always good at dodging; better than Shougo himself, and he had a much better reach. But today ...

Today, blows would have come swinging in awkward if not outright impossible directions with unexpected speed and force. Where Shougo was quick before, now his hands could barely be seen, Charge Action causing his limbs to dart backwards and forwards with terrible speed and frightening accuracy. But throughout all this, Shougo would never actually have injured Tobio; even when his fists and feet connected, they would never leave more than a strange sensation akin to pressure on his flesh, one that dissipated over time.

If Tobio refused, Shougo would have bowed and produced a bento box. Tobio might have noticed his lunches growing increasingly more complex (and often bizarre) on a daily basis. Shougo for the most part seemed indifferent to the change, although he might have confided to Tobio that he preferred it when his mother made simple food that didn't require thinking to figure out what exactly he was eating.

Shellie (and perhaps Eli) would have made their found their way onto the roof as Shougo bowed for the first time, asking Tobio if he wished to spar...
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2014-05-04 at 07:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    [OOC: Wasn't Tobio's colour a light blue or something before?]

Onizuka Morning

"Ah! Ishida-san! I have been meaning to ask you-"

Oh. That's right, he'd forgotten to do just that. If it weren't for the fact that doing so in public would have been disastrously inappropriate, Shougo would have slapped himself in the face. As it were, he sighed and pressed two fingers to his forehead.

"I have been meaning to ask you; are you free this afternoon? Today is one of the few days where I am not required at the Ascendancy Institution. Would you like to spend the afternoon together? It has been rather long since we have."

He paused as Tobio spoke.

"Yes. In fact, in part, I believe I have learned how to better refine it to suit my abilities and stature better."

He winced at what he'd just said. He hated to think that it'd be true; that he could 'perfect' his father's style as a mere novice in its arts. But it was true. He had been learning how to better suit it to his shorter stature, smaller frame, and most of all, Charge Action. Now, he could make blows rain down on an enemy with harrowing force even when common sense and training would dictate that it should have no power; blows delivered from awkward, almost impossible angles could now crush bones and rupture organs. And that was only offensively: Defensively, he had learned how to lighten his body, moving with simply inhuman agility, and how to roll with blows to the point where most conventional attacks would simply slide off him. His mouth and mind was still working when the chemistry teacher entered the class and began a role-call.

Tobio might have noticed Shougo's grades in several fields - particularly physics and math - improving significantly, ever since he had last left the hospital. Now, his answers were cold, clinical and ever correct. Curiously, when asked to give examples, they would almost inevitably be trajectories; particularly that of relatively linear movement such as that of a bullet. Shougo himself would have been a little confused even as he gave these examples, occasionally switching out 'bullet' for 'knife'.

Regardless, when lunch rolled about Shougo and Tobio would have retreated to the roof-top as they usually would. It was often cold and windy up here, now, and on several days they may have tempted to retreat to a more sheltered location, but fortunately today's weather appeared to be holding up well enough for them to stay there. After pacing about to loosen his joints, Shougo would have turned to Shougo and bowed formally.

"Would you like to spar briefly before we eat, Ishida-san? I would like to show you what I have learned."

If Tobio accepted, they would have sparred as they did in the past. It would not have been the same proposition as before; Shougo had, in terms of fighting prowess, grown in leaps and bounds. It would have begun with Shougo leaping off one foot, faster than Tobio had ever seen him move. An attempt on his part to counter him would have met with Shougo twisting out of the way mid-air like a piece of paper encountering a gust of wind, before moving forward. And then the rain of blows would have begun.

Tobio was always good at dodging; better than Shougo himself, and he had a much better reach. But today ...

Today, blows would have come swinging in awkward if not outright impossible directions with unexpected speed and force. Where Shougo was quick before, now his hands could barely be seen, Charge Action causing his limbs to dart backwards and forwards with terrible speed and frightening accuracy. But throughout all this, Shougo would never actually have injured Tobio; even when his fists and feet connected, they would never leave more than a strange sensation akin to pressure on his flesh, one that dissipated over time.

If Tobio refused, Shougo would have bowed and produced a bento box. Tobio might have noticed his lunches growing increasingly more complex (and often bizarre) on a daily basis. Shougo for the most part seemed indifferent to the change, although he might have confided to Tobio that he preferred it when his mother made simple food that didn't require thinking to figure out what exactly he was eating.

Shellie (and perhaps Eli) would have made their found their way onto the roof as Shougo bowed for the first time, asking Tobio if he wished to spar...
    (OOC: Yeah it was Royal Blue. I decided to change it to match his hair color.)

Tobio nodded to his friend as they headed to lunch. Getting into his usual fighting stance he would try to best his quick and physically robust companion. Of course this time try was the key word. While he held his own with the strategy he showed before, trying to use minimal movement to try to counter his friends somewhat ludicrous levels of speed. However he was absolutely dominated this time around. As Tobio had expected when Shougo explained his charge action ability, when he learned how to properly use it Tobio would have no chance in physical combat unless he employed some tricks of his own. Tobio conceeded defeat when it became clear that Shougo had him beat.

"As expected of you Shougo-kun, I didn't have a chance. You really came into your own. I'm glad. The modifications you made to the style to suit you are working out really well. I had been working on some stuff in my training as well. Mostly trying to adapt what you taught me to work when I'm wearing my skates. Honestly my skates feel like my feet moreso than my own flesh and blood ones. It still needs a little work but it's coming along smoothly. I'll have to show you later when I've gotten the hang of it."

As they ate after their sparring match Tobio would offer Shougo one of the ice cream sandwitches he kept in his constantly cool backpack as he usually did.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2014-05-04 at 10:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Krystal laughs as she gets pulled into Kin's antics. The girl seemed a bit more energetic than usual today.

I'll do the running and jumping, but if you don't want your ears to bleed, I won't be singing. She grins a bit.
    "Fair enough. Maybe Shiota-san can cover that part..."

At some point during the dance, Kin had pulled out her phone. She held it at arm's length, snapped a picture of Krystal and herself, and sent it to Crocell; All of which she managed to incorporate into the rhythm without breaking step.

"So, do you think we can keep this up until he gets here? Or would you rather make snow angels? Or climb a tree? Or anything? The possibilities are limitless!"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-05-04 at 12:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Krystal is sure to give a big grin for the picture.

Well, the dancing making me a bit tired. Snow angels sound good! And then maybe a snowman?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

"As you desire!"

Kin gradually slowed, and brought her bizarre blend of rhythms to a graceful conclusion. It ended with Krystal draped over one arm, while Kin thanked an imaginary audience; Or possibly a real one. The pair might well have attracted a few eyes by this point. Having allowed sufficient time for photos of the finale to be taken (whether or not there actually were any cameras), Kin pulled Krystal upright and separated from her.

"Ah, I love this time of year! You can work up as much of a sweat as you like, then cool off in the snow. And with any luck, Shiota-san will be around to warm us up again later..."

18. - Top - End - #258

Krystal's face was a bit red from dancing around with Kin like that. She wasn't exactly in shape, so it kinda wore her out. Kin sure had an abundance of energy.

Long as ya drink enough water. Far easier to dehydrate in the cold.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes, I learnt that lesson the hard way, from inside an ambulance. Still, the hallucinations were pretty."

Kin twirled over to her school bag (which she'd abandoned nearby), and opened it to reveal several bottles of mineral water. They were from one of those ridiculously overpriced brands which were actually no different from all the others. Kin, as usual, had just grabbed the most expensive product available. Thanks to her bottomless bank account, she had trouble grasping concepts like 'responsible spending' and 'budget'.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-05-04 at 06:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Hallucinations? That doesn't sound good.

Krystal, on the other hand, has gone for something cheaper. Gatorade. And while her family is also very well off, monetarily speaking, she hasn't gotten into the habit of blowing through large amounts of it. Not often, at least. She is a built guilty of going through a comic/book/game buying spree on occasion.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The School Garden-After class

Crocell had gotten just gotten out of class grumpy thanks to the fact that the teacher held them back after the bell.

The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do. What a bunch of bullsh*t! What's the point of the bell then!"

As he exited the front doors of his school and headed towards the gates Crocell took out his phone to check if he had any messages. Upon checking he found one from Kin with an attached picture. Checking it out a large grin found it's way to his face as he saw the extra girl in the picture. Looks like the final member of their trio had finally come back. Seeing the picture brought Crocell's thoughts back to the day they first met. With how close they were now you wouldn't believe that their first meeting had consisted of Crocell dismissively scolding Kin and offending Krystal in the process. Now Kin would hug him as tightly as a constrictor when she had the chance and Krystal would watch their antics with laughter. It really was funny how things sometimes worked out.

Speeding up Crocell loosened his uniform to let some of the cool air of the season in. No matter what time of the year it was he always felt stuffy in his uniform. Then again he never really had to worry about the cold. As he exited the Azabu gates he jogged over to Tokiwadai and smiled when he saw black and white hair together. Grinning Crocell changed his jogg to a run as he headed towards them. A couple of yards away he gave a small hop as he angled his feet to slide in the snow, small jets of flame erupting from his feet to melt the snow and give a small impressive show of pyrotechnics as he came safely to a stop a couple of feet away from the girls.

giving a faux cocky grin Crocell spoke up in a playful pretty boy tone of voice that oddly fit him. "Well hello girls. I hope you didn't miss me too much."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

The conversation turns to Eli's collar as Shellie leads him up through the relatively quiet catwalks. She compares the thing to the universal translator from Star Trek and the various translation hand-waves from sci-fi movies.

The roof is quieter still, the concrete muffling the horde of voices below the group, though she can hear more vehicle traffic and there is a breeze up here as always. It's warmer than yesterday, too. Miss Tieger can see two figures as she opens the access hatch.

"Um."

What follows is a very quick and decisive game of, 'who can go the longest without being knocked on his butt.' Nimura wins, apparently.

"As expected of you Shougo-kun, I didn't have a chance... I'm glad, the modifications you made to the style to suit you are working out really well. I had been working on some stuff in my training as well, mostly trying to adapt what you taught me to work when I'm wearing my skates. I'll have to show you later when I've gotten the hang of it."
    His voice is really hard to identify, but Shellie supposes that this is the same Ishida kid that Nimura was trying to call yesterday. She thinks she remembers him, too: a younger kid who wore skates all the time and was only just starting his esper training protocol before she left. For his part, Tobio probably remembers a blond older kid who looks a lot like this one being in the A/V club two years ago. Didn't she move on to high school, though?

"Hi guys!"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Hallucinations? That doesn't sound good.
    "Actually, that was the best part; Much better than the lecture on irresponsibility that my parents gave afterwards. They never let me play unsupervised again..."

It was clear by now that Kin and Krystal had had rather different upbringings. Kin's parents were apparently very intent on making their daughter grow up the 'right' way. No wonder she was so anxious to stay in Academy City.

"...But enough about our so-called guardians. We're far beyond their reach now. So let's play to our hearts' content!"

And play they did. They had time to engage in quite a few antics before:

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ...Speeding up Crocell loosened his uniform to let some of the cool air of the season in. No matter what time of the year it was he always felt stuffy in his uniform. Then again he never really had to worry about the cold. As he exited the Azabu gates he jogged over to Tokiwadai and smiled when he saw black and white hair together. Grinning Crocell changed his jogg to a run as he headed towards them. A couple of yards away he gave a small hop as he angled his feet to slide in the snow, small jets of flame erupting from his feet to melt the snow and give a small impressive show of pyrotechnics as he came safely to a stop a couple of feet away from the girls.

giving a faux cocky grin Crocell spoke up in a playful pretty boy tone of voice that oddly fit him. "Well hello girls. I hope you didn't miss me too much."
    Kin's reaction to this entrance was different from usual. Instead of gleefully applauding, she cried out in panic. She seemed to be trying to shield a large white lump from the oncoming pyrotechnics.

"Don't melt the snowmaaaan!"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-05-05 at 09:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Kin's reaction to Crocell's arrival was too much for Krystal. She started laughing loudly. And then promptly fell onto her back, still laughing.

Apparently, she found that quite humorous.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[HALLS OF ONIZUKA, BEFORE CLASSES]

Spoiler: Sine's last post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    Shun, out of breath, arrived at Onizuka a moment before the crowd of students began to thin out

"Thanks...goodness...I...did it!"

While he was recovering from the fatigue, something drawed his attention: a robotic-ish voice, whose source seemed to be a fellow student with a translator collar.

A translator collar? Haven't seen one for a while, he thought, and smirked when he remembered a poor student whose collar had been hacked and modified to shout profanities. The poor guy risked expulsion whitout even knowing why...I hope the same doesn't happen to him. Middle schoolers can be really nasty. Shun then realized that, lost in his thoughts, he unconsciously followed him. Luckily, I'm heading in the right direction. Maybe we're in the same class. Should I speak to him? But wouldn't it be strange for a complete stranger to just start talking out of the blue? Besides, he seemed engaged in conversation with that girl, so it's not like he hasn't any friends. Oh, well, one thing at a time, this might as well be the last time I see him...I suppose I just have to wait to find out.

Eli walks down a couple hallways, looking all around to get a feel for his surroundings, before realizing that one student of the many in the halls appears to be following him. Being headed in the same direction at a similar pace could be written off as a mere coincidence, but his apparent fascination with the gaudy accessory around the foreigner's neck makes Eli think otherwise. As this particular student draws closer, he asks, "Uh...Can I help you?"

((I'll forego using the foreign language brackets while Eli needs to use the collar to translate his speech, as long as it doesn't confuse anyone.))

[LATER, DURING MORNING CLASSES...]

Spoiler: Doc Guns' last posts 1/2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Onizuka - Morning-ish

Shellie does notice soon enough that Eli is in one of her classes, identifying him based on the soft blue glow of the electronic collar around his neck and the peculiar vocalizations coming from it throughout the lecture. The translator actually does seem different form the ones she had seen... must be a newer model.

Come lunchtime, Shellie plans to make her way through the ladders in the theater to the roof as promised. She invites Eli to come along if he feels like it and retrieves Shougo's coat from her locker before making the trip.

Later that morning, Eli locates Shellie among his classmates and gives her a slight wave in passing to acknowledge her presence. At lunch, he chooses to accompany her to the roof; he's admittedly curious about taking a break up there, wondering if it's some kind of common practice among students.

[NEXT, LUNCHTIME ON THE ROOF...]

Spoiler: Doc Guns' last posts 2/2
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    The conversation turns to Eli's collar as Shellie leads him up through the relatively quiet catwalks. She compares the thing to the universal translator from Star Trek and the various translation hand-waves from sci-fi movies.

The roof is quieter still, the concrete muffling the horde of voices below the group, though she can hear more vehicle traffic and there is a breeze up here as always. It's warmer than yesterday, too.

The conversation about the tawdry collar picks up with Shellie more or less where it left off with the girl from that morning. Eli can't really defend his choice to use it, although he constantly insists that his Japanese is still downright hideous and necessitates the need for the translator implement. At least the talk seems to wane for a bit as they climb to the roof, where just about every sound seems to drop several levels in volume. At least, that is, until they come within earshot of some kind of scuffle. Thankfully, it turns out to be little more than a sparring match between two friends, so Eli follows Shellie out onto the roof to greet them...

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [HALLS OF ONIZUKA, BEFORE CLASSES]

Eli walks down a couple hallways, looking all around to get a feel for his surroundings, before realizing that one student of the many in the halls appears to be following him. Being headed in the same direction at a similar pace could be written off as a mere coincidence, but his apparent fascination with the gaudy accessory around the foreigner's neck makes Eli think otherwise. As this particular student draws closer, he asks, "Uh...Can I help you?"
    ...have to wait to find out.

"Uh...Can I help you?"

A startled Shun, who was once again lost in his thoughts, looks at the voice's source, realizing who it was.

"Wha- Wait, don't tell me. I was staring at you, wasn't I? I apologize, I wasn't doing it on purpose." he says, scratching his head. Then, his look becomes more serious: "It's just that...your collar reminded me of something. Let me give you a free piece of advice: never, ever let someone tamper with it. Never."
    Shun stops for a brief moment and then adds, half-jokingly: "You seem new here. If I show you the way to your class, will you forgive me? By the way, I am Hikigaya Shun...you can call me Shun, I don't really care about formalities", friendly stretching out his right hand.

Was acting this friendly the best course of action? I just hope I won't be punched in the face, he was meanwhile thinking, while preparing to raise a forcefield. Just in case. Luckily he had a good poker face, so nothing of this showed on the outside.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-05-05 at 02:03 PM.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

...have to wait to find out.

"Uh...Can I help you?"

A startled Shun, who was once again lost in his thoughts, looks at the voice's source, realizing who it was.

"Wha- Wait, don't tell me. I was staring at you, wasn't I? I apologize, I wasn't doing it on purpose." he says, scratching his head. Then, his look becomes more serious: "It's just that...your collar reminded me of something. Let me give you a free piece of advice: never, ever let someone tamper with it. Never."
    Eli isn't sure if he ought to take this boy seriously or not at first, but when his tone steadies with his words of advice, he chooses to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Duly noted, thanks," he replies.

Shun stops for a brief moment and then adds, half-jokingly: "You seem new here. If I show you the way to your class, will you forgive me? By the way, I am Hikigaya Shun...you can call me Shun, I don't really care about formalities", friendly stretching out his right hand.

Was acting this friendly the best course of action? I just hope I won't be punched in the face, he was meanwhile thinking, while preparing to raise a forcefield. Just in case. Luckily he had a good poker face, so nothing of this showed on the outside.
    "Eli Matthews," the foreigner responds, shaking Shun's hand. "Nice to meet you." Boy, does it feel good to make some friends; it's nice to know that not everyone intends to hound him about the ridiculous-looking collar. "You don't need to apologize, but if you know where to find this room..." Eli points out his homeroom's location on his schedule. There's no map, but if Shun knows the layout of the school, he should be able to offer some directions.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Eli Matthews," the foreigner responds, shaking Shun's hand. "Nice to meet you." Boy, does it feel good to make some friends; it's nice to know that not everyone intends to hound him about the ridiculous-looking collar. "You don't need to apologize, but if you know where to find this room..." Eli points out his homeroom's location on his schedule. There's no map, but if Shun knows the layout of the school, he should be able to offer some directions.
    No punches. Good thinks Shun, as he relaxes. Seems I made a friend...easier than I expected. Maybe it's because he's a foreigner...not that I'm complaining, on the contrary. At the very least, he won't look down on me when I say that I prefer forks to chopsticks. Then he takes a look at the schedule, and can't help but grin.

"Are you sure you didn't plan for all of this? That's my class...here, follow me."
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-05-05 at 03:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

No punches. Good thinks Shun, as he relaxes. Seems I made a friend...easier than I expected. Maybe it's because he's a foreigner...not that I'm complaining, on the contrary. At the very least, he won't look down on me when I say that I prefer forks to chopsticks. Then he takes a look at the schedule, and can't help but grin.

"Are you sure you didn't plan for all of this? That's my class...here, follow me."
    Finally, some good news! Eli agrees with a nod and follows after Shun, folding up and pocketing his schedule. "Boy, am I glad I ran into you, Shun," he says once they're on their way. "I was worried I wouldn't be able to figure this place out. I'm usually pretty good with directions, but when you can't read all of the signs, well...you know..."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Finally, some good news! Eli agrees with a nod and follows after Shun, folding up and pocketing his schedule. "Boy, am I glad I ran into you, Shun," he says once they're on their way. "I was worried I wouldn't be able to figure this place out. I'm usually pretty good with directions, but when you can't read all of the signs, well...you know..."
    "Oh, I know. As in, actually knowing. I look like a Japanese, but the truth is that I've been living here for only three years. And until before I was two, but that doesn't really count. I did not have to use a collar, but...when people don't acknowledge you as a foreigner, it becomes difficult" Shun replies, heading for the classroom.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-05-05 at 04:06 PM.