New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Human Barbarian Traits

I've been working on my human barbarian for an upcoming campaign, and I'm trying to pick out traits.

I noticed the adopted trait and I wondered if there was anything useful I could use it to grab?
    If build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Human Barbarian Traits

Depends on what you need. The best traits, generally speaking, are the ones that give +2 to one saving throw, initiative, or a good skill (in addition to making it a class skill). But there are many, more specific traits that certain builds can benefit from. The point of traits is more to make a background story around them though. Unless you have something very specific in mind, being raised by kobolds might be more detrimental to your character than anything else. Unless it's gonna be a comic relief character.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Human Barbarian Traits

Well, you could use it to get the Elven Reflexes (Half-Elf) for a nice +2 to initiative.
    While identical to the Reactionary (and it wont stack since it's a Trait bonus) init bonus, the fluff is a bit better in my opinion (since now you haven't been bullied your whole childhood...).

Also, now you can grap the Berserker of Society combat trait (+2 rage rounds/day) which would otherwise overlap with the Reactionary (also combat trait).

If in a hurry, just grap those for your barbarian and Rage oooooooooon!

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."