New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Hydromancer

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Hydromancer

I had the idea for an aquatic elf pc maybe half merfolk if such a template exists.

I also really wanted to play a hydromancer for the base class, does such exist in 3.5? I'm not sure if a lot of water spells exist especially ones that do damage as it seems to be lumped together with cold.

I figure a hydromancer merfolk/aquatic elf could keep itself hydrated with either magical items or its spells?
    Last edited by Shadowscale; 2014-04-14 at 11:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hydromancer

What two options you have are in stotmwrack and sandpaper.
    Read stormwrack for ideas. Then go to sandstorm for modified sand shaper for water

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe Wu Jen focused on Water?
    I may or may not go by 'Doc'.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    All liches have phylacteries, but not all phylacteries have liches.

4. - Top - End - #4

Anyway to flesh out an effective sorcerer or anything and then go into seawitch? Are there any good water arcane spells especially in lower levels? Or would going druid be better? Sorry I really just want a sea elf pc to work, they're my favorite race.

Maybe taking the landwalker feat and using my spells to augment water long enough to survive for around a day at a time?

I'd really appreciate the help, as I'm sure it's possible to build an effective water arcane caster, I just don't know if enough water spells exist to be effective, I really just want to be able to survive outside of water. Are there any other feats or spells in certain books I should be looking at if a sorcerer wouldn't be able to do it?
    Last edited by Shadowscale; 2014-04-15 at 09:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

check d&d tools: magic --> spells --> filter and put water at the descriptor entry and anything else that you need specific to check which class gives you which water spells at what level. I've used it to make specific themed builds for the NPCs my players face and it works nicely.

6. - Top - End - #6

Any suggested feats for a sea elf pc to take other than the one I've already found? Are they featured in any other books with specific abilities or traits? Would the amphibious template work?
    Last edited by Shadowscale; 2014-04-15 at 10:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

If your DM is willing to allow a 3.0 template, Half Water Elemental from Manual of the Planes sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Several water-based spell-like abilities, nice stat bonuses, then go Cleric with access to the Water Domain?
    ~Othar wanted me to know so that I would tell men that Othar the Storm-Rider had died well, and I had told him to keep a tight hold of his sword so that Othar the Storm-Rider would go to the feast hall in Valhalla where all warriors who die bravely go after death. These days, although I am old and feeble, I always wear a sword, so that when death comes I will go to that far hall where men like Othar wait for me. I look forward to meeting them.~