New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown III

Ludo and Elsa
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ludo acknowledged Elsa with a wave, and turned back to Aisha, instructing her to meet him outside the chalice when his work started in the evening. "I'm sure Marek won't complain about the extra worker for a day. More than he complains about everything, I mean."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Lusa

Spoiler
    Show
    Aisha nodded enthusiastically. "I'll be there," she said.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sieggo

Spoiler
    Show

"Shouldn't take too much for a scrawny fellow like you. What do you want?"
    Viggo flushed somewhat under the scrutiny of the imposing tanner, he looked at Iosif and then Sieghard, both men were burly enough that he did look like a scrawny boy next to them. Viggo straightened his shoulders, trying to eek out another inch in height. "I think that the proper term is... slender?"

"Errm a...full... set...err outfit.. I suppose? Something that's not going to fall apart the moment I put it on would be good." Viggo had to admit to himself that buying armour was not his forte, he felt more than a little foolish, if he was honest. "Sieghard a little help here?" he asked plaintively.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Depending on price a full set of Good leather armour is what I'm after!
    The Summoner could I prevail on you, our resident Haggle Master to thrash out a price and deal with the negotiations?

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "He wants a cap, a jack, and some leggings," Sieghard explained with a sigh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Book price is 25gc. A good investment even at full price if you ask me, but I'd be glad to try and knock a couple crowns off the total for you.

(1d100)[21] vs 29 haggle

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo & Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa gave Aisha quick nod.

"Hi, Ludo. Do you know where the others are? I'd like to be kept up to speed on what we're going to do next."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Reckon I can do that," nodded Iosif. "Twenty-two crowns for you, wolf-slayers." He looked back to Viggo. "When do you want it for? It'll take time."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Looser
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sieghard wanted some armour- maybe the blacksmith's? Or the chalice?"

OOC: If Elsa has no objection, Ludo will check those places in that order.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa and Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    "He wasn't at the Chalice, so let's try the blacksmith."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa and Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard was not at the smith's. On asking, though, they found he had been there - he and Viggo had apparently headed off downhill to the tanner's shack.

Heading out of town to where Iosif's house stood brewing in its own pungent smells, they saw the two speaking with the man himself, just outside his door.

All Bar Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    While Viggo deliberated over Iosif's question, Sieghard heard a call from the slope behind them. Looking round, he saw Elsa and Ludo descending from the town.
    Last edited by LCP; 2014-08-25 at 04:00 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

10. - Top - End - #730

Ne'er a 'Bert in Sight!

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo counted out the coins that Iosif had asked for slowly and deliberately, he didn't want to overpay the man mountain after all. Especially after he called me scrawny, the sodding... oaf! "How much time?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'd like it as soon as possible my good fellow. It seems like every time I leave this town I'm in danger of getting stuck with a spear!"

Upon hearing their call and spotting Elsa and Ludo making their way downhill Viggo nudged Sieghard, "Hey look! It's her Ladyship of the Ale and Ludovic Snitch." He belied his words, by greeting the pair warmly with a wave and his trademark grin. His grin seemed to waver a little as his eye rolled over Ludo, a slight crease lining his forehead for a brief moment.

"Spent all your money yet?" He asked as they approached. "I've been trying hard, but it's a damnable struggle in this.. flyspeck town!"
    Last edited by Northern Lad; 2014-08-26 at 10:19 AM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

No Adelberts

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggo
    "How much time?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'd like it as soon as possible my good fellow. It seems like every time I leave this town I'm in danger of getting stuck with a spear!"
    Iosif shrugged. "A few days, then?" He patted Viggo on one shoulder with a meaty paw. "After the festival."
    Last edited by LCP; 2014-08-26 at 03:55 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa & co.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey look! It's her Ladyship of the Ale and Ludovic Snitch."

Elsa had nothing witty to answer, so she just shot the bard a sour look. "Alright, so... looks like we're right back on the road after the festival. Did I miss any discussions I really should know about?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2014-08-27 at 10:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

No HistorianS Club (We're Allowed One)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That stung. Ludo opened his mouth to snap back, but remembered in time that his position was completely untenable and closed it irritably.

"No." he said, still smarting. "I've dealt with Adelbert's apprentice, though."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard shook his head. "Went straight to the smith and then here once we were done with Al-Makir. The fool's been spending his coin like he's afraid it will turn to sand and fall through his fingers."

He looked over to make sure Iosif was still busy talking to Viggo before continuing. "This book... Even if Ludo is right and it is in Alvarran and the cult of Nahorek has it, how are we supposed to find the thing? From the sound of things, they're a pretty secretive group."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2014-08-27 at 12:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #735

Non Adelberts

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo staggered a little under the tanners friendly ministrations. Damn near broke my back! "After the festival," Viggo agreed with a nod and a wince, "I'll see you then!"

"This book... Even if Ludo is right and it is in Alvarran and the cult of Nahorek has it, how are we supposed to find the thing? From the sound of things, they're a pretty secretive group."
    He couldn't help but grin when Sieghard called him out on spending his coin, "Golds for spending not for counting." Reaching into his pack he pulled out a loaf of bread and tore it into four pieces handing each of his companions one. "Help me spend some more of it eh? Lets head to the Chalice and I'll buy us all meal! I'm starving!" he looked around at the others for agreement, suiting his words by devouring his heel of loaf in a couple of bites.

He added almost as an afterthought, "Remember back in Caerfort? Adelbert spoke of graveyards coming to life and marching off? Wonder if that's connected with her High Bony Holiness's book?" He didn't seem to be addressing anybody in particular and crumbs flew from his mouth as he spoke.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Golds for spending not for counting."

"It is," Sieghard agreed, "It's your money and I won't tell you how to spend it, but I can't help but wonder what you needed a hundred crowns for."

"Remember back in Caerfort? Adelbert spoke of graveyards coming to life and marching off? Wonder if that's connected with her High Bony Holiness's book?"

"Makes sense that it would be... Dead men don't rise from their graves on their own. That was a long time ago though. Not sure how it helps us find where the book is now," he said as they made their way to the Chalice. "Still, it couldn't hurt to look into it. And if we do head north again, we'll pass through Caerfort if we take the east road."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2014-08-27 at 02:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737

Non Adelberts

Spoiler
    Show

"It's your money and I won't tell you how to spend it, but I can't help but wonder what you needed a hundred crowns for."
    "A horse." Viggo answered without preamble, "I wanted to see if I could buy a horse. The only one I found for sale was a big old plough horse, so big even Iosif back there would look like a child sat on it!" he said hiking a thumb in the direction of the Tannery.

Viggo blanched noticeably when Sieghard mentioned the East Road. "Wouldn't it be quicker to go back to Alvarran the way we came? Every time we head out East we nearly die!"

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Right. Because the west road is so much safer," Sieghard replied sarcastically. He glanced over at Elsa as he said it.

"West road might be quicker, but not by much. If we can learn anything more by passing through Caerfort again, I think it's worth the extra time."

Spoiler
    Show
    It also gives us a chance to see places we haven't already seen, which is the big OOC reason I'd prefer that road.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Team Mirino

Spoiler
    Show
    At the Chalice, Marek looked a little surprised to see them back after the dramatic nature of their departure yesterday. Nevertheless, the innkeeper was altogether too committed to his taciturn air of general resignation to go asking questions. He brought the things Viggo asked for, and only marvelled a little at the strange gold the minstrel paid him in.

Later, feeling clean and well-fed, Viggo set up to brave the daunting stage that was the Chalice once again. After his experiences in the ruins, the idea of being nervous about the performance didn't even occur to him - he played with infectious skill and spirit, and soon his music was commanding the whole hall. The tavern hadn't yet accumulated its crowd of late-night drinkers, but nevertheless Viggo found himself taking in a tidy sum of coins as patrons came and went.

Ludo, meanwhile, was behind the scenes talking to Marek. The innkeeper squinted suspiciously as if Ludo was trying to sell him a horse with wooden teeth, but agreed to Ludo's proposal - "on a trial basis," as he kept insisting.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Viggo makes 5s 8p from his playing.

Sieghard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard had slipped out some time after Viggo started playing. It was late afternoon and the sun was still up, but there were still some hopeful men malingering with nonchalance in the general vicinity of the Serpent's door.

Heading inside, Sieghard nodded to Pietro. The mute giant just looked back at him in silence. Asking for Filomena, he was given directions via a curt jab of the bouncer's thumb.

Filomena was leaving her counting room when he found her. She saw him a way off, but took the time to finish closing and locking the door before acknowledging he was there. Standing in the corridor, she looked him up and down as if searching for clues.

"You're back," was all she said.
    Last edited by LCP; 2014-08-31 at 04:18 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard (alone)

Spoiler
    Show
    "I am," Sieghard replied, no less terse. "Some things have changed. We should talk."

Already, he was finding this conversation unpleasant. He couldn't exactly tell her what had happened in the ruins. Even if he could, she'd think he was a madman.

"The debt money you wanted me to collect," he said breaking the silence. "I still plan on getting it for you, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to do that, or even how much longer I'll be able to keep working here for that matter. Things are... Murky, and I don't care much for it myself either. Anyways, if that's not good enough I'll work the festival. I'll still get the coin you're owed either way, but I'm not expecting to get Mitterfruhl off if I can't tell you for sure when I'll be able to get your money."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard would prefer to discuss things somewhere where there's minimal risk of being overheard, but he'll still say what he has to say even if Filomena doesn't feel like unlocking the counting room again after the "We should talk.". He hasn't said an anything that's supposed to be secret, but somehow I suspect the best case scenario involves questions about things Sieghard doesn't particularly care to discuss.

Also, Bruno?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    Filomena seemed unruffled.

"You still plan on getting it for me," she repeated. "Sieghard, it is not you who has to make the plans."

Smoothing out a crinkle in her dress, she walked briskly past him, motioning for him to follow. "If you have to leave, that is regrettable. You do good work and the girls seem to like you. Still, I will find someone else." She descended the stairs. "I like my workers to be predictable. I don't like surprises. So tell me plainly - if I am not to be changing my plans for you every morning, what should our arrangement be?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Will get the money," Sieghard asserted, slightly irritated.

"I like my workers to be predictable. I don't like surprises. So tell me plainly - if I am not to be changing my plans for you every morning, what should our arrangement be?"

"That's for you to decide. I'll keep working here as long as I'm able and as long as you'll have me, but as I said, things are murky. I just want to keep things on as good terms as possible."

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

ELV
    Spoiler
    Show
    When a quiet moment came in his work, Ludo settled opposite Elsa and, despite everything, grinned.

"In all the chaos, I completely forgot. Back at the ruins... you and Sieghard, eh?"

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Murky," repeated Filomena, flatly. "So it seems."

"If you can't tell me when you can work, you are no use to me. You tell me, I cannot work today, I cannot find a replacement right away. I must know before." She spread her hands. "So for how long will things be murky?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown III

Elsa, Ludo and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa tried to scowl at Ludo, but ended up smiling in spite of herself, which diminished the effect somewhat.

"Uh, yeah. What about it? You had your eye on him already?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

ALV
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It certainly makes things easier for Viggo and the goat girl, doesn't it?" Ludo asked, with a guilty glance at Viggo, up on stage. "Though not for her. I'd keep my eye out if I were you, she had arms like tree-branches. And I'm given to understand she can control a small army of goats."

When he didn't think too much, relaxing like this felt fantastic.

"...should we expect this to be a continuing thing? Make sure we don't put you on watch together."
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2014-09-02 at 02:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Ludo and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa gave the halfling a puzzled look. "I'm... not sure what some shepherd girl has to do with me."

"...should we expect this to be a continuing thing? Make sure we don't put you on watch together."

The pyromancer considered it. "I really don't know," she admitted. "It surprised us both, and neither of us has mentioned it since. It would sure be so much simpler if we agreed to make it a casual thing, like me and What's-his-name the spearman. I'm not good at serious relations."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2014-09-01 at 05:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm telling you this now so you can find someone," Sieghard replied, a bit more agitated than before. "You should have someone more reliable, I'm not disagreeing with that."

He hesitated for a moment, trying to decide how much it was ok to say.

"I'm really not sure how long it's going to be this way," he admitted. "For right now, I can't leave Mirino. Won't be able to go debt collecting until that changes. Might be that way just until the festival, might be longer. A week, a month, or more, it's not something I get to decide. After that, I'm going to have to leave for a while and I've no way of knowing when I'll be able to return."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    Filomena remained silent for a few moments, considering Sieghard's words.

"I understand," she said, at last. "You have been a good worker. If you want more work when your... trouble is over, you know where to find me." A pause. "In the meantime, I will have to find someone else."

She held out a hand for Sieghard to shake.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you," Sieghard said, shaking her hand.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2014-09-02 at 02:10 PM.