New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Build a Town OOC

I got that they were retreating. But this is a two way tunnel right. I assume the way they came was from the way we are heading and are returning the same way. When I teleported I didnt specify which way I did it. So I don't know if they are flying from the group from og towards me.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrowing1432 View Post
    They're retreating away from you guys. These are predators who had wanted to chow down on some food, but you guys are proving too powerful for them to bother with, especially since their ambush failed.
    Too bad for them, eh? Darwinism at work.
    I'm on staff at DnDtools, check out our staff page for my quote!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone near the retreating drakes have a light source? I'm curious if my character could see them.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Rolling attacks here cause I am massive derp
    (1d20+15)[18]
    (1d20+15)[33]
    (1d20+15)[25]
    (1d20+14)[32]

Editted the rolls into the IC for convinience

The last post was assuming that combat is over(ish) so there shouldn't be anything that changes the curcumstances.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-05-23 at 12:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

How are you using breath weapons this often Sora?

Most Breath weapons you need to wait 1d4 rounds to use again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Do you mean "attractive women, or spiders", or "attractive women, or attractive spiders"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    I too object to the unspecified way the imaginary, timeless, supposedly unkillable monster in the imaginary world of magic and elves and dragons aquired its martial training. Clearly that doesn't make SENSE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brova View Post
    Because if you are in a position to break the Wizard's spell component pouch and stop him from casting spells, you are also in a position to stab him in the kidneys and stop him from being alive.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Sora has two different breath weapon sources. Breaths with effects have a one round cooldown. Elemental fire breath can be done every round. Other breath elements have a 1d4 round cooldown.
    It took three feats, I'm fairly certain I've said before, to get her breath weapons in a way that she can hit everything with them if she isn't immobilized.

EDIT: And for this will save, while checks are made for each breath, the effects don't stack, so only one can be successful.
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-05-23 at 06:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Chimera

I was kind of waiting on an answer to how many I could get before. How tightly are grouped now? Assuming it's a slow, I could just burn my action undoing it with haste again if need be.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Shimeran View Post
    I was kind of waiting on an answer to how many I could get before. How tightly are grouped now? Assuming it's a slow, I could just burn my action undoing it with haste again if need be.
    It's funny because I don't need to know, usually. I can hit two targets fifty five feet away from each other and everything in between with a cone attack from overhead. The ancient and successfully trialed strategy of a dragon.
    And an even larger area with Haste! (but no extra attacks, or overlapping the same attack)
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-05-24 at 09:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Oh! I forgot that I was under the effects of haste. Unless these guys are fast fliers I'll definitely be able to past them this turn.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

But if they're slowing you again, then that haste nullifies one of those slows. If you make the save against all four of those effects, you still have haste. If you make all but one, you're not hasted or slowed. If you fail two saves, then you're slowed. That's the only way in which identical magic effects stack; when dispelling them.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

I shouldn't be in range of their attacks so it shouldn't matter. I was waiting on my light question to be answered by the other players, but that took so long I missed that combat round. In some type of weird chance that means the battle moved away from me and I should be out of range of their breath weapons. My character literally did nothing last round.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

With the number of magical items in the party, you can assume (as there's a 30% chance for any given magic item) that the party has a 20-foot radius bright light source, with shadowy light in a 40-foot radius.

13. - Top - End - #193

Chimera

Alright, to keep things rolling, I decided to just retaliate with my own slow spell. That should chain well enough to get them all and even things out a bit.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Unless it'll last longer than 2 rounds, they've already been slowed.

15. - Top - End - #195

Chimera

That's odd, I thought they were still moving and attacking, which shouldn't be doable under a slow. The spell would last 7 rounds, but if there's too much overlap I can fit the "give them a taste of their own medicine" and "arcane curse" lines with a Vertigo Field (creates difficult terratin and inflicts nausea at DC 17 vs fortitude).

16. - Top - End - #196

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by draconomial View Post
    Sora has two different breath weapon sources. Breaths with effects have a one round cooldown. Elemental fire breath can be done every round. Other breath elements have a 1d4 round cooldown.
    It took three feats, I'm fairly certain I've said before, to get her breath weapons in a way that she can hit everything with them if she isn't immobilized.

EDIT: And for this will save, while checks are made for each breath, the effects don't stack, so only one can be successful.
    Yeah, I know.

The drakes are flying side by side.

Unless it'll last longer than 2 rounds, they've already been slowed.
    That's odd, I thought they were still moving and attacking, which shouldn't be doable under a slow. The spell would last 7 rounds, but if there's too much overlap I can fit the "give them a taste of their own medicine" and "arcane curse" lines with a Vertigo Field (creates difficult terratin and inflicts nausea at DC 17 vs fortitude).
    They made the fortitude to not get slowed.
    Last edited by TheCrowing1432; 2014-05-26 at 04:24 PM.
    Do you mean "attractive women, or spiders", or "attractive women, or attractive spiders"?
    I too object to the unspecified way the imaginary, timeless, supposedly unkillable monster in the imaginary world of magic and elves and dragons aquired its martial training. Clearly that doesn't make SENSE!
    Because if you are in a position to break the Wizard's spell component pouch and stop him from casting spells, you are also in a position to stab him in the kidneys and stop him from being alive.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait does the drakes have so much natural armor that I can't hit it while it lie dead on the floor?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

They made the fortitude to not get slowed.
    Reread my action post. A successful save means that they get slowed for one round instead of two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    Wait does the drakes have so much natural armor that I can't hit it while it lie dead on the floor?
    ... yeah... That action would be a coup de grace.
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB
    to a helpless opponent. You can also use a bow or crossbow, provided you are adjacent to the target. You automatically hit and score a critical hit. If the defender survives the damage, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die. A rogue also gets her extra sneak attack damage against a helpless opponent when delivering a coup de grace. Delivering a coup de grace provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening opponents. You can’t deliver a coup de grace against a creature that is immune to critical hits.
    You'd have to be a lvl 0 peasant to miss an immobile creature less than half-dead. Though it is a full-round action.
    Also
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB
    A helpless target is treated as having a Dexterity of 0 (–5 modifier)
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-05-26 at 04:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

BarbarianGuy

Reread my action post. A successful save means that they get slowed for one round instead of two.

... yeah... That action would be a coup de grace.

You'd have to be a lvl 0 peasant to miss an immobile creature less than half-dead. Though it is a full-round action.
    Also
    Ah, damn it I thought the save was immune to the slow.

Erm, well its kinda too late to put the effects on now, since ive already moved and attacked, erm.....

Oh, and I was just playing around with "the sword bounces off the scales" thing. It was just a joke

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

draconomial Thanks for the insight. Ven didn't make a coup de grace though, he just violently stapped the creature to get some anger out.

TheCrowing1432 I'm not sure I am familiar with that joke

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

How many drakes are there? Because there's no way that the drake that Sora was near got close enough to her for a 15 ft. breath, even without being slowed. This is really really messy, and I can't decide what to post without knowing.

22. - Top - End - #202

BarbarianGuy

How many drakes are there? Because there's no way that the drake that Sora was near got close enough to her for a 15 ft. breath, even without being slowed. This is really really messy, and I can't decide what to post without knowing.
    its a 30ft cone.

there are four flying side by side.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Then yeah, the one that was by Sora couldn't have reached her. She went 70 ft away. It's movement speed was even cut in half.

Check this out, Crowing

24. - Top - End - #204

BarbarianGuy

Then yeah, the one that was by Sora couldn't have reached her. She went 70 ft away. It's movement speed was even cut in half.

Check this out, Crowing
    oh wow thats cool. and Sora doesnt have to make the save, but everyone else was near each other so they do

25. - Top - End - #205

BarbarianGuy

Hello, anyone?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm waiting for responds.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

oh wow thats cool. and Sora doesn't have to make the save, but everyone else was near each other so they do
    That sounds like sarcasm. Skip me once. Sora can shrug off all the slows within 6 seconds, using a swift action.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I have a summary of which buffs are still in effect and how far away people are from each other? I feel a tad confused.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I feel a tad confused.
    RIGHT? DM, just lay down how it is, right now. Pull WoG

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

What's WoG?