New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Battleground

Combat Theme!
    Sophia drops down to the earth, skidding to a stop from her momentum and facing towards Sasha as she does so, biting down on her right hand during these actions.
    She then transforms into a tall, skinless humanoid with blue eyes and long brown hair, standing at 15 meters tall.
    She takes a kneeling stance, bracing for impact, with a crystalline diamondlike coating appearing upon her arms and legs to shield her from impact.
    Uh...YIKES. Sasha suddenly stops mid-charge, terrified at the mere sight of Sophia's transformation. She looks between the Titan and her yokai companion a few times, very unsure of herself. "M-Mimi-chan," she stutters, " do I really have to...? That thing looks mean...meaner than Sanji, even...!"

Midori nearly bursts out laughing at Sasha's comparison but manages to limit her reaction to a muffled smile. "You're only sparring, Sasha. I'm sure Sophia-san is perfectly in control, but I'll intervene if necessary. Please continue."

Though clearly not entirely convinced, Sasha re-engages her magic barrier and flies toward titan!Sophia again. She performs a quick somersault to build up some momentum before throwing herself at the creature, gritting her teeth as she braces for impact...

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Darkened Glade]

As soon as Hiizumi hears the voices, she stops, and silently projects to Sanji, Stop. There's someone up ahead...I'm going to try to see what's going on. With that, she manipulates her own memory so she remembers what's happening in the glade at this time.
    Sanji stops on a dime as Hiizumi warns him to halt. He takes cover near a dead tree as she approaches the source of the voice. Eventually, she'll get close enough to make out a conversation between two distinct individuals, one belonging to Chiaki and another sounding like it's coming through a filter. Despite the distortion, that second voice will sound oddly familiar...

"...to give you fair warning. I don't care about our original arrangement; you've earned my wrath, and once I get my body back-"

Whatever you're planning, it won't work. Inside is a heavily-regulated city, and it's overflowing with aspiring heroes who would love to add 'smiting an evil magician' their resumes. Even if you get to me, you'll have nowhere to run, and you'll die a true death this time. Don't press your luck, Chiaki; just let it go.

"You've got some nerve, treating me like some miserable peon. Just you wait, Urojira. The minute I get my hands on you, you'll wish you'd never been born."

As if I don't already know the feeling...

Upon hearing the name "Urojira", something should click in Hiizumi's head, and suddenly she'll remember why it sounds so familiar: Urojira - specifically, Uzume Urojira - is the true identity of "that person", the heroine who kept the peace for so long in Other-Gensokyo, and for one reason or another, she's laying low in Inside. Things are about to get very complicated...

((I'll add speech color later on. It's a pain to do on my tablet. Also, if you know all of my characters, this post may seem confusing, but it'll make sense later, I promise. Please just roll with it for now.))

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

TITAAAAAAAAN!

Sophia charges, her heavy footfalls shaking the ground slightly, and swiftly extends an open hand toward Sasha, the crystalline substance now only coating the palm and inside, and attempts to grab Sasha and break the barrier in doing so with the impact (though making sure to not harm Sasha herself as best she can)
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lost Temple]

And here Dena hoped Ithuriel would have warned her if they weren't there as stated by my post.

Well that didn't work out as planned, time for her back-up plan. Another round object appears in her hand which she flings into the room. But instead of exploding it simply rolls until it's top part faces upwards and opens with a buzz... and then keeps buzzing as a cloud of metallic bees are released into the room. These aren't your standard bees though, these are magic bees which makes them 300 % bee'ier (yes, that's totally a word).
    As the swarm starts to fly around Dena stays to see what the demons next move is.
    Magic bees!

Magic possibly about to be flaming bees!

Ithuriel is still mostly in control of herself and manages to keep herself from charging wildly at the demons. Instead she takes a moment to raise one sword upwards as it emits a silvery light that spreads over the area, imbuing the bees (and hopefully Dena) with divine energy. One would expect an angel, a divine servant at the far end of the good side of the good/evil spectrum to be rather effective against demons, so why not spread her influence to her allies in this battle?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkened Glade]

Hiizumi blances when she realizes that Chiaki is working with Urojira, and panickedly messages Sanji, Oh, we are screwed...Chiaki is up ahead, and she's working with 'That Person', who's name I just remembered: Urojira Uzume.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

[Monster Marsh]
    The woman pulls herself together, panting, and then, recognizing the danger the Hoplite is in, fires a set of three glowing blue arrows at the Grave Golem, trying to freeze it (for that is what the arrows do) and keep the Hoplite out of harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Oddly enough, there's something about a deafening roar that makes listening for angel choirs more difficult than it's worth. Not to mention, a massive limb swinging around and smacking you upside your head can make you miss the fine details. Luckily Hawthorn is now able to more directly defend his master, the little wooden construct hastily clawing at the foul titan...oh...wait...that cloaked clericy figure might consider blessing the golem too, or else their foes are only going to increase.
    As for the Hoplite, he rises to his knees and out of the brackish water, his helmet is lost to him, his head exposed and thus lessening his chances of survival.
    Despair not! Despite all the troubling tragedies that are thrown their way, Therlynn has launched three trusty arrows towards the monster, their tips intended to freeze it solid.
    Hopefully she can fire in time to save the dazed warrior from a devastating counter attack.
    I should mention that without his helmet, Zander has short brown hair and dark eyes, their color likely indistinguishable in the odd lighting. Of more interest, he has black face paint over everywhere that wasn't already covered by a helmet.
    The fleshy tower of anger sends a massive claw hurtling towards the exposed head of the Hoplite. Immediately following, three arrows strike true with incredible speed and precision deep into the lunging forearm of the beast. This freezes the arm itself, causing it to break off mid-swing, nearly trimming the Athenian's hair as it flails right over and past him. The creature howls in pain as its limb flies free and promptly shatters as it hits the ground.

It seems almost as if the robed figure is actively ignoring Hawthorn, leaving the golem dancing amongst more zombies should he keep rending the dead meat from the monster. The caster shouts as a humongous javelin made entirely of light appears above his head before launching it at the staggering titan.

"Meet your end, filthy hell-spawn!"

The spear barrels straight through the knee opposite the creature's missing arm, forcing the other to buckle under the new unsteadiness of its body, almost bowing its head in front of the Mourning Hoplite.

"Slay the beast!" screams the figure in the distance, desperate and shaken from the intense magic use.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

[Monster Marsh]

The woman glares at the golem, and draws back one last explosive arrow, and fires it at the thing's body.

7. - Top - End - #397

Monster Marsh

Hey, don't glare at Hawthorn. He's not exactly a freethinking creature.
    Unfortunately, the golem is once again distracted by zombies and thus unable to slay the massive creature which has been brought down.
    That's why we brought the Hoplite. The injured man rises from his kneeling position, sword in hand, as he steps forward towards the fallen goliath. Sure, an arm nearly killed him just now, but that's besides the point. The Athenian ignores the foul stench and attempts to bury his blades directly through the monster's eyes. It would appear he didn't notice Therlynn's arrow.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398

Ah! BEES!

Elereshur backs off at the bee grenade's detonation, because, you know, bees. Meanwhile, seeing her mistress retreat, Thariel grins and unleashes a sheet of fire, trying to burn the mech-bees out before they spread, and possibly catching Dena in the cone of fire as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Magic bees!

Magic possibly about to be flaming bees!

Ithuriel is still mostly in control of herself and manages to keep herself from charging wildly at the demons. Instead she takes a moment to raise one sword upwards as it emits a silvery light that spreads over the area, imbuing the bees (and hopefully Dena) with divine energy. One would expect an angel, a divine servant at the far end of the good side of the good/evil spectrum to be rather effective against demons, so why not spread her influence to her allies in this battle?
    [Lost Temple]

The bees are hit by the fire but as stated aren't quite your usual bees, being made of metal and all. While the ones being hit directly by the flames are blackened and torched the rest quickly swarms around the demon who just hurt them and attempts to sting him with their now apparently blessed stingers. Does Thariel look anything like Nicolas Cage by any chance?

But they ignore Elereshur however, not being very smart, and just concentrate on the most imminent threat to their well-being.

Meanwhile however Dena intended tactic as staying the hell away from the super-demons is working as the cone of fire can't reach her. The blessed thing is new though but Dena is quick to figure it out as it's hardly the first time it has happened to her (hanging around clerics has a lot of benefits!). So after a moment she will fire a (holy!) bolt from her crossbow at Thariel while he might be too busy with the bees to dodge.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-05-20 at 10:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Firbolg in the Playground

((Sorry TE; I was too sick to post a reply yesterday. I haven't forgotten you))

[The Silver Castle]

The traveler follows into the keep and up the stairs, staring up wonderingly at the floating lights. Her gaze wanders up to the stained glass; is there an image or pattern in it?
    "Were you the first to hold this castle, or did someone before make all this?" She seems thoroughly distracted.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #400

[To Duel, or not to Duel]

)(Open Scene: Don't join unless you are actually willing to lose a PC, possibly permanently. That is the whole goal of this meetup.)(

The Mourning Hoplite waits in a clearing, the only thing that identifies it being a single gazebo. The structure seems capable of holding fifty people comfortably, and is has eight sides, each with a wooden half-wall.
    The man has erected a large tent which connects to the gazebo, where the those harmed by sunlight can teleport in without harm. The gazebo itself is well shaded, but the roof can only cover so much while the sun travels across the sky.
    It is around noon, so now is the best time for a challenger to approach. Once nighttime strikes, the Hoplite will set torches around the perimeter.

Hawthorn busies himself with an open grill, preparing food for the living viewers who care to take in the spectacle.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    [To Duel, or not to Duel]

)(Open Scene: Don't join unless you are actually willing to lose a PC, possibly permanently. That is the whole goal of this meetup.)(

The Mourning Hoplite waits in a clearing, the only thing that identifies it being a single gazebo. The structure seems capable of holding fifty people comfortably, and is has eight sides, each with a wooden half-wall.
    The man has erected a large tent which connects to the gazebo, where the those harmed by sunlight can teleport in without harm. The gazebo itself is well shaded, but the roof can only cover so much while the sun travels across the sky.
    It is around noon, so now is the best time for a challenger to approach. Once nighttime strikes, the Hoplite will set torches around the perimeter.

Hawthorn busies himself with an open grill, preparing food for the living viewers who care to take in the spectacle.
    A challenger approaches!
    It's a man, clad in leather armor, a ski mask, and a sombrero with a sword in his right hand, approaches

NorthvForest.

Sakura spears here!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

TITAAAAAAAAN!

Sophia charges, her heavy footfalls shaking the ground slightly, and swiftly extends an open hand toward Sasha, the crystalline substance now only coating the palm and inside, and attempts to grab Sasha and break the barrier in doing so with the impact (though making sure to not harm Sasha herself as best she can)
    Sasha expects titan!Sophia to be fast, but the drastic increase in size makes her seem that much faster. The yokai loses focus as she prepares for impact, and her bullet shield softens somewhat, spreading thin as it expands outward. The bullets that meet the titan's protected hand flicker and fade as they're erased, but a few stray shots may graze her wrist or forearm if she hasn't protected those areas as well. As for Sasha, she throws her hands and feet out to meet the fist clenching around her, stopping it before it crushes her. They may remain locked like this for a few seconds, and if Sophia does nothing in this time, Sasha will condense her magic into her hands in an attempt to blast herself away from her opponent. This will, of course, consume the remaining magic of her Spell Card's effect, but that's a small price to pay for staying in the fight...

[Darkened Glade]

Hiizumi blances when she realizes that Chiaki is working with Urojira, and panickedly messages Sanji, Oh, we are screwed...Chiaki is up ahead, and she's working with 'That Person', who's name I just remembered: Urojira Uzume.
    Sanji almost misses the point until the identity of "that person" clicks in his mind as well. "(Wait, that makes no sense,)" he mutters. "(Think about it: Urojira's a slacker, sure, but she wouldn't put all of Other-Gensokyo at risk to get out of protection detail. There would be plenty of ways to do it without half as much fuss...None of this is adding up. What else are they saying?)"

As it happens, the conversation is still carrying on, but it's mostly an endurance battle of nerves and wits as Chiaki and Uzume trade verbal jabs. They might have been working together before, but it sounds like the latter pulled one over on the former, and now they're clearly at odds. What exactly their agreement was, though, remains unclear...

13. - Top - End - #403

[The Deep Dark Woods]

Arlem would be, as before, appearing as a palette-swapped version of Sakura, distinguished by darker colors and her featureless mask, which is chained to nothingness, the fine metal links fading away with distance, before repappearing attached to a folded fan at her waist.
    But the enemies in the dark of the woods might be drawn to hobgoblins, so instead she has taken the form of a goblinoid.
    "Ready for this?"

Regardless of Sakura's answer, Arlem starts walking into the trees, following no particular path.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-05-20 at 04:29 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #404

Titaaaaaaaans!

Sophia's arm is grazed, and the small gash begins seeping steam, slowly healing, as she squeezes to keep the pressure up, hoping to cause Sasha to expend her energy to escape her grasp..

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [The Deep Dark Woods]

Arlem would be, as before, appearing as a palette-swapped version of Sakura, distinguished by darker colors and her featureless mask, which is chained to nothingness, the fine metal links fading away with distance, before repappearing attached to a folded fan at her waist.
    But the enemies in the dark of the woods might be drawn to hobgoblins, so instead she has taken the form of a goblinoid.
    "Ready for this?"

Regardless of Sakura's answer, Arlem starts walking into the trees, following no particular path.
    Sakura, clad in leather armor and a blue cloak this time, follows
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkened Glade]

Hiizumi projects a laugh as she relays, Well, it sounds like Uzume-San pulled a fast one. Chiaki wanted something else, something she didn't get.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

The Silver Keep-Lone Traveler

A man walks towards the magnificent fortress, clad in a tattered black cloak that covers his large body. A hood is draped over his head, covering most of his face from view. It'd rained on the way here, so the bottom of his thick cloak is crusted over with mud, his once silver combat boots dirtied. It's apparent that he's wearing some sort of heavy armor by the telltale jingle-jangle of chain, and the grinding sound of metal plates on metal. The man also has what looks to be an incredibly intricate silver and dark red heavy warhammer at his back, the hilt facing upwards, holy symbols etched into the magnificent weapon. He was a man of faith, and a capable warrior. He'll move up to the gates, or whatever the Silver Keep has in place of a door and knocks, his gauntlet-clad fist bashing loudly against the door. It's not a hostile knock, but it is a fairly commanding one.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek is sitting on the ground near Melody in the barn. He looks up as Happy and Magtok come in and wearily gets to his feet. "Yeah but when she wakes up she should be as good as new. Well maybe a bit sore, but still pretty good for having a cave collapsing on her." He explains as he gathers up his things storing them in his bag.
    Melody snorts. Momma. Mmmm, Mister Huggles.... you're so funny. she says sleepily, and sounding strangely as she did when she was a child.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #408

[The Silver Castle]

Why yes. An iconic image of a stylized dragon twisted around a rock, spewing fire against a knight in shining silver armor. The green of scales and red fire twist together, and black smoke clashes against the rolling blue sea. But unlike any number of murals telling the same tale, in this one, the dragon looks to be winning out.

"The first. Made as celebration at the ending of a great siege, and so there wouldn't be another siege." The knight says, pulling off his helmet and stowing it underarm with a sigh of relief. But as he turns to Ashna next, there's hardly a chance she'll miss the ugly black marks across his face, inked down into the flesh. It isn't warpaints, nor any sort of tattoo. Looks more like a branding. "Cost more than the siege did."

[To Duel, or Not to Duel]

There's a clip-clop of hooves coming up the hill, and soon enough the riders crest into sight. Two knights in flowing white tunics sit astride a mountain of a speckle-furred cart horse, and a goblin in an ill-fitting sackcloth robe leads it on by the reigns.

They dismount as they come to the gazebo, and the difference in height between the two becomes apparent as they do. The first man dwarfs his companion as thoroughly as the horse does the goblin, standing so tall he'd seem to have giant blood, braided hair falling over his massive shoulders. He unbuckles a shield from saddlebag, and a net, which he shoves into the hands of his companion - a tow-head, lanky fellow, short even outside the giant's shadow but with a dangerously wiry build.

"You're the one who called us here, then?" The first man calls up to the Hoplite, lifting his shield overhead to block the sun from his eyes. The insignia gilded upon it gleams in the light, a crest of two griffins encircling a castle, all within a stylized sunburst.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #409

A challenger approaches!
    It's a man, clad in leather armor, a ski mask, and a sombrero with a sword in his right hand, approaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

There's a clip-clop of hooves coming up the hill, and soon enough the riders crest into sight. Two knights in flowing white tunics sit astride a mountain of a speckle-furred cart horse, and a goblin in an ill-fitting sackcloth robe leads it on by the reigns.

They dismount as they come to the gazebo, and the difference in height between the two becomes apparent as they do. The first man dwarfs his companion as thoroughly as the horse does the goblin, standing so tall he'd seem to have giant blood, braided hair falling over his massive shoulders. He unbuckles a shield from saddlebag, and a net, which he shoves into the hands of his companion - a tow-head, lanky fellow, short even outside the giant's shadow but with a dangerously wiry build.

"You're the one who called us here, then?" The first man calls up to the Hoplite, lifting his shield overhead to block the sun from his eyes. The insignia gilded upon it gleams in the light, a crest of two griffins encircling a castle, all within a stylized sunburst.

The Hoplite adjusts his blades in their respective sheaths before walking out into the sunlight and towards the knights and sombrero man.
    He pushes his helmet back on his head, letting it rest on his forehead and reveal his face. Sort of. His eyes and mouth where the headpiece would not have covered his face is all painted black. In fact, it matches his armor quite nicely. The Athenian Hoplite has painted over his entire set of armor in the deepest black, with a weeping owl on his shield.
    I am the Mourning Hoplite. Am I correct in assuming that you are hunters as well, or are you to join the dead? All his words fall cold, for any light that his eyes once contained is gone, gone with the life of an unknown man who is strung up against The Wall.
    If you are hunters, should I die, I expect you to continue the fight here for as long as they come, begging for death. This is no mercy rally, after all.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island

Melody snorts. Momma. Mmmm, Mister Huggles.... you're so funny. she says sleepily, and sounding strangely as she did when she was a child.
    Happy sits down next to her and gently strokes her hair. She'll wait for her to wake naturally.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lost Temple]

The bees are hit by the fire but as stated aren't quite your usual bees, being made of metal and all. While the ones being hit directly by the flames are blackened and torched the rest quickly swarms around the demon who just hurt them and attempts to sting him with their now apparently blessed stingers. Does Thariel look anything like Nicolas Cage by any chance?

But they ignore Elereshur however, not being very smart, and just concentrate on the most imminent threat to their well-being.

Meanwhile however Dena intended tactic as staying the hell away from the super-demons is working as the cone of fire can't reach her. The blessed thing is new though but Dena is quick to figure it out as it's hardly the first time it has happened to her (hanging around clerics has a lot of benefits!). So after a moment she will fire a (holy!) bolt from her crossbow at Thariel while he might be too busy with the bees to dodge.
    [Lost Temple]

Thariel screams as she is swarmed by the fire-resistant bees, and falls to the stinging, eventually vanishing in a burst of fire. Elereshur, meanwhile, glares at Dena, and says, "Hmm...Tricky, tricky. Well, then. I think we'll call it a day here. Enjoy the loot." With that, in a flash of red light, she vanishes as well.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [The Ebon Citadel]

"My life force?" The beetle dissolves rather abruptly, edges crumbling away into bright green motes that flood the air. They gutter out quickly in the hostile atmosphere, eaten up, blackness consuming them before they simply vanish. Not... Not the most reassuring sight, for someone who's just been told they've been burning up their own candle.

There were mages on his home plane who'd tried that. Never turned out well.

"And.. longevity, you said? That's part of it?" Always a silver lining. Or a straw to clutch at, trying not to think of all the ways that little beetle could've cost him. "Does unexpected mystical talent bring any other small things with it? Do I fly now? An allergy to kryptonite I should know about? I do hate to make myself a pest, but I'm afraid I never thought to prepare for waking up a magician. As it so happens, I was reassured that would never be a problem."

Inopportune moments of humor abound, a small smile forcing it's way in at the edges of Sebastian's grim expression. The photographer takes another doughnut, and a saucer, sans cup, to hold under it as he leans back and nibbles away. "It was, at one point, my dashed ambition to be a mage of some small station."

[The Ebon Citadel]

"Hm." Cyrus' lips form a soft smirk as he says it.

"Well, there is the whole 'ability to walk between worlds as one pleases' thing, but that's probably more unusual outside the Nexus. You're a lucky one, you know? Only a minuscule fraction of creatures born across the omniverse, less than a hundredth of a billionth of a percent, ever have so much as the potential to become a natural planeswalker, and it is an even tinier fraction of those that ever reach that potential. Not all are equal, but I'd expect more of you than a 'small station,' unless you intentionally limit yourself."

Stopping a moment to casually float another doughnut over to himself and take a bite, the silence grows pregnant before he acknowledges the more worrying question.

"Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the beetle. Tapping out your own years is dangerous, but small things like that are as drawing a knife across your finger: Probably not a brilliant idea, but hardly going to do any lasting damage."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Melody's Island

Spoiler
    Show
    Jezebelle helps Estia stand. Come, let's... go inside. And she startsd to pull Estia toward the cottage.

Though weakened, Estia stops her, and looks to Tobias.
    "Quinn and Reinholdt resqued me. They fought my grandfather, and sent him running." she looks to all those assembled. "Where is Reinholdt? Where's Melody?" she asks, remembering what Reinholdt said about Grandpa attacking Melody. "Miss Happy? Is Melody okay? Is she...." she can't bring herself to say the word she dreads.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Melody's Island - On the Beach

Quinn winces as Happy yells!

She's managed to collect herself JUST enough that being addressed by Tobias doesn't send her into a fresh round of bawling, so that's something, at least...

"I was called by Neirian," she whispers, her eyes closed and head bowed as she shivers. "Had to rescue her. But...psychically attacked," she murmurs. "Shown....everyone I love hating me."

Academically, she can recognise what happened.
    She finds it really doesn't make it hurt less.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Melody's Island

Spoiler: stuff
    Show

"Oh hon, Melody's in the barn. She's fine,"
    Happy says to Estia. Then to Tobias, "Quinn went to rescue Estia. She came back just a few minutes ago... like this." She tries to hand Quinn over to Tobias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok sighs, find something to lean against, and puts his phone away. The one and only time he hears that spiel from Tobias, from someone putting real effort into their dramatic entrance and monologue, he has nothing to match it. Oh well, back to waiting around while everyone frets over the mysteriously injured strangers, I suppose. Blargh.
    Melody's Island

Spoiler: What has gone before...
    Show

Leaving Quinn to Tobias, and Estia to Jezebelle, Magtok and Happy enter the barn. They actually came here for a purpose other than dealing with cave-ins and abductions, after all.

"Melody?"
    Happy asks. "Oh, she's asleep."
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Melody's Island

Derek is sitting on the ground near Melody in the barn. He looks up as Happy and Magtok come in and wearily gets to his feet. "Yeah but when she wakes up she should be as good as new. Well maybe a bit sore, but still pretty good for having a cave collapsing on her." He explains as he gathers up his things storing them in his bag.
    Melody's Island

Melody's Island

Happy sits down next to her and gently strokes her hair. She'll wait for her to wake naturally.

Toby's best method of dealing with that kind of crippling psychic attack is to play a quick game of mental Chinese Fire Drill that leaves his artificially sociopathic personality in the driver's seat. So Quinn is unarguably handling this much better than he would. That's why he's keeping the telepathic link sandboxed outside his mental defenses. It's okay, Quinn. I love you and I don't hate you at all. He has to remind himself that this is exactly the wrong time for a sarcastic quip along the lines of "well, maybe a little". You're very strong and I know you can make it through this. He sits on the beach and pulls her into his lap.

Now he knows what's going on. Mostly. Everything with Quinn and Rein and Neirian sending them to rescue this girl related to Melody makes sense. Happy's also connected to Melody, so that explains her presence. But what was Lord Magtok doing here? He was involved enough to make the phone call, but the Druid is unaware of any connection he has to anyone here. The girl was saying that her Grandfather was the villain, which he supposes could be Magtok... but he was standing right there when she said that and nobody even looked at him. If he was attempting to curry favor with GLoG by helping their most important members, he wouldn't have brushed Toby off so insultingly. Unless he was trying to curry favor with someone, not as a member of GLoG...

She said Reinholdt also helped her. Did he come back with you, Quinn?
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-05-21 at 04:47 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

24. - Top - End - #414
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Still Explosively Foggy Marsh]

Queue epic finale music.

Hawthorn preoccupied, the Hoplite gathers his strength and drives the two blades home. Deceptively, the moment he does so, the creature jerks its head about to bite into and tear away a good piece of Zander's torso. Blood spews forth from both the creature's eyes and the Athenian's maw sized lack of midsection as the titan lets out its final groans. The pain urges the Mourning Hoplite to twist the blades still impaling the monster's eyes. In their last moments, the woman's arrow meets the dying giant's chest as the area around Hawthorn, Zander and the creature is engulfed in a violent rupture of flame and concussive force that would shame even Michael Bay.

"Noooooo!" shouted the robed figure in an unearthly voice, echoing throughout the marsh. But it was much too late.

Hawthorn's protection from flame may save him from the blast, but the zombies aren't so lucky. Missing the majority of the front half of his body, the Athenian is nearly burnt to a crisp, solidifying him in a permanent killing stance, fused with his prey at the time of his own death.

((Godmodding powers granted))
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-05-21 at 10:37 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

[The Unclear Marsh]

The woman coughs at the horrible smell, and turns her head away from the glare of the explosion. When she looks back, and examines what's left, she sighs and mutters, "Bloody hell...There must have been a gas build-up..." And then it hits her. The unearthly 'Noooooo'...It wasn't any natural cry. So she turns, drawing back another arrow, this one glowing orange as she says, "You...You didn't sound all to happy that we killed that golem."

26. - Top - End - #416

Sophia nods.
    Titans are only active during the day, seemingly solar-powered, so daytime was the most dangerous for us.
    She replies, taking the meat gingerly, as if it's a rare thing for her to have.
    [Fields of Mock Battle]

Yuki grins at her, taking a bite himself. "Ah, well then. I guess we'll have to be on guard now then..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #417

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Fields of Mock Battle]

Yuki grins at her, taking a bite himself. "Ah, well then. I guess we'll have to be on guard now then..."
    Sophia nods, sm iling as she puts her 3dmg on and turns to him.
    True.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #418

Mashed-up Marsh

The Mourning Hoplite weeps no more. In fact, every tear has been dried from his face, or what's left of it...
    The soldier died as he lived, fighting to rid the world of threats. His only legacy is a little wooden golem, struggling to rise as it digs itself out of charred zombie flesh. The flames had not harmed it, but the force of the explosion itself still knocked the construct head over heels.
    The golem ignores Therlynn and the cloaked figure, instead opting to find its master. Upon discovery it notices that both of the Hoplite's blades are both intact and in good condition. For the most part, his armor is reparable. It would appear that the Athenian was flashed cooked in said armor, the resounding explosion killing him instantly.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #419

Sophia nods, sm iling as she puts her 3dmg on and turns to him.
    True.
    [Fields of Mock Battle]

"If we need, I can fly up to give us a wider ciew of the area." Yuki spreads his wings, flapping them slightly and walking over to her.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Fields of Mock Battle]

"If we need, I can fly up to give us a wider ciew of the area." Yuki spreads his wings, flapping them slightly and walking over to her.
    Hmm... sure, why not?
    Sophia replies with a smile, shrugging and finishing the meat.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show