New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Titan Watching [closed scene]

Dismounting from his horse, Yuki glances around the area. "This is the correct place, yes?"
    the location is outside a large forest. Sophia nods, dismounting as well.
    Stick to the higher trees, this one could be a jumper.
    She warns, before ascending via 3DMG to the top of a nearby tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    [Darkwater Mine]

"Hmpf. On the elevator, then" Wraal replies, waiting for the goblin to get onto the platform before stepping on it himself. Then, realizing that they had not agreed on a way to signal when Wenomir would have had to raise the lift, the Krogan tries to do so by loudly calling out for the warrior and signaling with the flashlight.
    Sophia follows on.
    Did one of your comrades die down here with you?
    She inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #842

[Darkwater Mine]

The goblin slowly get's up and shambles towards the elevator. "I'll tell you everything as soon as I get something to eat or drink. I've been down here for weeks. It's a miracle you guys made it down here before I starved to death." He says.

[Peaceful Spring]

"Don't worry about it Invidia. Don't think Kitty took any offense." Obriane laughs as well as she offers up more of her finger to Annie. "So what did you wish for anyway Kitty?"

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir cranks the elevator all the way up.

"I see you've found a survivor," he remarks once they've reached the top.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Invidia. blushes , embarrassed somewhat.
    I didn't mean any offense by it, Kitty. Just, you know, offering to help out a friend, that's all!
    She replies apologetically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Don't worry about it Invidia. Don't think Kitty took any offense." Obriane laughs as well as she offers up more of her finger to Annie. "So what did you wish for anyway Kitty?"
    [Peaceful Spring]

Annie grabs hold of Obriane's fingers and tugs them back and forth.

"Yeah, not at all." Kitty reassures her. There wasn't anything to be offended about as far as she's concerned. "And I'm not telling my wish. Don't people say that'll make it not come true." She grins.

5. - Top - End - #845

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

Annie grabs hold of Obriane's fingers and tugs them back and forth.

"Yeah, not at all." Kitty reassures her. There wasn't anything to be offended about as far as she's concerned. "And I'm not telling my wish. Don't people say that'll make it not come true." She grins.
    Invidia chuckles.
    True. We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?
    It's too bad we can't wish three times to see if the wishes work or if that's true, though.

Invidia replies, a hand on her chin.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I see you've found a survivor,"
    "So it seems. He wants food before he starts talking, but I don't have any with me". Wraal shakes his head: it's clear that he'd rather interrogate frist and feed later.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-07-07 at 02:22 AM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

"It's okay, Melody has a point. I mean, it was mostly because Reinholdt said he was going to be superheroing, and I didn't want to be the loser who didn't jump on the opportunity to be a superhero in Skyside." Magtok claims, mentioning Reinholdt because he had no idea Happy was deliberately avoiding that. He's not being entirely honest, though. If it was all about jumping on fads and having fun, I don't think he would've been half as involved in trying to disrupt the slave trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

Oh, Momma. I was just joking. Melody smiles up to Happy as she is kissed on the forehead. Magtok is.... the best cyborg I have ever met. she then looks over to Magtok. You better be good to her. Got it? she says, a little determined look on her face.
    Happy looks back at Magtok, tension leaving her in a heavy exhalation. "He always has been."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #848

[Peaceful Spring]

"From what I have heard, it's just one wish. Sorry! Guess we have to wait and see if they come true or not." Obraine says. "Though last time I made a wish it actually did come true." Even if it had taken years.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Invidia chuckles.
    True. We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?
    It's too bad we can't wish three times to see if the wishes work or if that's true, though.

Invidia replies, a hand on her chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

"From what I have heard, it's just one wish. Sorry! Guess we have to wait and see if they come true or not." Obraine says. "Though last time I made a wish it actually did come true." Even if it had taken years.
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Oh really? Well since it came true, you can tell us what it was, right?" Kitty asks with great interest.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Halfling in the Playground

[Pine Forest?]

Upon opening his eyes, Marcus will find himself in a different place than he was before closing them. A dry, rocky plain criss-crossed by rivers of flowing magma, with volcanoes in the background. The magma bubbles and the heat is tremendous. It's all an illusion, though, which Marcus might notice.
    Possibly a Pine Forest

Unfortunately, Marcus has no way of knowing he's in an illusion, unless it's ridiculously obvious. His magical prowess delves only into the casting of the Seven Runes of Power.
    He quickly activates his runes of protection and attempts to find a way back to civilization.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Frozen Forest

Snowfall moves with a savage grace, picking up speed as it swings the behemoth blade held tight in it's cold gauntlets around itself. The very air around the foul abomination decreases in temperature, and what small plant life survived around this area was instantly frozen over by the large pulse of intense cold given off by the monster as it marched forward, preparing to go on a rampage. The first skeletal warrior draws his way, the summoned monster's sharp claws and talons reaching to claw and tear at the tower of cold armor in front of them. The first skeleton draws incredibly near Snowfall, for it was raised closer to the mountain of ice before it. The skeleton might feel it's arms slowly begin to freeze over as it draws so close, and it even manages to get a swing at Snowfall out before the titanic undead strikes back. The swing rakes down Snowfall's armor, but doesn't leave a scratch. He was made of harder stuff than claw and bone. Snowfall clutches his mighty blade, Katlsverð, with a single hand, waving the blade about to gain momentum. To repel his current attacker, Snowfall will clench his other hand into a fist, his spiked gauntlet ends aimed forward. With that, he'll swing a powerful slap towards the skeleton, strong enough to break it's skull and send the whole thing flying to pieces many feet away.

Should that attack succeed, and it probably will, for Snowfall was strong and skillful in combat, the monster will charge forward much quicker than expected. It's blade is stabbed forward as the thing lunges towards it's next target, another skeleton nearby. The enormous blade ought to enter one side of the skeleton and impale the thing on the blade, whether or not the skeleton is still functioning or not. It mattered little to the frozen warrior. Another skeleton draws near to attempt at striking Snowfall down from the side while the monster was impaling it's comrade. This skeleton does manage to get a blow through one of the tiny areas unprotected by plate armor. This small pocket of exposed cloth was only revealed due to Snowfall's lunge. It seems that even chance was on Raziel's side this day. Black ichor, almost frozen by the cold, drips out of the wound created by the skeleton. To rebut the skeleton's attack, Snowfall turns quickly, aiming to grab at the skeleton's neck. Snowfall is quick and strong, and should his hand find it's target, the monster will squeeze hard and lift the minion off the ground, and throw it right back down with enough force to shatter the thing to pieces.

Maybe chance wasn't on their side.

That leaves three skeletons destroyed and out of the fight, most likely. However, two more approach Snowfall, attempting to form a swarm of two. They rake their limbs at him ferociously, but simply wear their talons down to nubs on the magical and evil armor. Snowfall looks down at the two in front of him now, gripping his cleaver with two huge hands now, aiming a final swing for this turn. The Winter Knight swings the blade from the side, the sheer ferocity of the attack stunning to those watching. In another few seconds, two more skeletons will most likely find themselves chopped completely in half, the bones closest to the area of effect crushed to dust. To reiterate Snowfall's point, the mighty beast will ensure one of the skeletons cleaved in front of him was dead by brutally stepping upon it's head with a great black boot. It'll shout at Raziel now, it's voice echoing over the wind. Gefast upp eða deyja! However, right afterwards, the first burst of holy magic rockets down towards Snowfall, covering the form in bright light. It's unclear what the effects of the burst are this round.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Firbolg in the Playground

the location is outside a large forest. Sophia nods, dismounting as well.
    Stick to the higher trees, this one could be a jumper.
    She warns, before ascending via 3DMG to the top of a nearby tree.
    [Titan Watching]

Yuki nods his agreement and unfurls his wings, following her up. "Is the one we're watching the one you wanted to capture?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eo's First Hunting Trip]

Rifle? Check. Spear? Check. Sword? Check. Water? Check. Meaty snacks? Check. Emergency kit? Check. Incomprehensible local to lug around all of the random items Clarissa would like to bring with her but would not like to haul around with her all day? Check.

This scene is set in a totally unremarkable forest. Totally. It really is unremarkable. Yep. Nothing unnatural about it whatsoever. Definitely not. Don't pay any mind to the dozens of the bloodshot eyes glaring menacingly at you from the spooky underbrush. And that creepy slender guy with no face wearing a suit you think you've seen watching you out of the corner of your eye but never was there when you tried to look directly at it must just be your uneasy mind playing tricks on you!

Clarissa and Eo are probably just now preparing to hike through the dark and forbidding forest for at least several hours. Eo has probably been instructed to access Clarissa's personal armory that she might gear herself up for this adventure, so she might be equipped with some pretty neat instruments of fiery death and gory dismemberment at this very moment. Clarissa herself is clothed in a mundane set of light leather armor. Eo might note that Clarissa is unarmed even though she plans to hunt big game in this unquestionably ordinary and generic forest that is neither haunted nor monster-infested in the least!

The native man Clarissa has hired to carry their equipment about so that they don't have to is a stocky barrel of a man with sly, beady eyes and what Eo might guess is a pet monkey. At the moment, the man is totally unencumbered. His monkey, on the other hand, is so overburdened with doodads that it's impossible to perceive where the luggage ends and where the monkey begins.

The native man calmly lights up a cigarette as he takes in the atmosphere of the unquestionably ordinary forest with eyes dulled by elements of both boredom and apathy.

"Today, we'll be hunting grizzly bears and whatever else we run across that I feel like killing!"

Clarissa cheerfully announces, only now remembering that she forgot to pack a chainsaw. Oh well! That probably wouldn't be very useful in this unquestionably ordinary forest anyway!

"I'll teach you the basics of hunting real game that can easily tear a person in half! It should be waaaay more fun than hunting deer or quail or anything else that can't kill you without breaking sweat!"

Clarissa confidently chirps, attempting to artfully check Eo out while checking that Eo has outfitted herself with srs business armor and weaponry with which she might conquer the unquestionably ordinary and not at all terrifically deadly forest!

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eo's First Hunting Trip]
    Eo, for her part, is in a smart little HEV suit in indigo and soot-grey, contrasting nicely with her little white face with her orange eyes under the helmet. The suit is connected with her normal text projector.
    More impressive are the four oblong devices hanging in their charge racks from her belt, each about a foot long and shaped like a sort of stretched, narrow pyramid. Across her back is slung a weapon touting itself as "the Headsplitter", which resembles a sort of heavy rifle loaded with tent stakes.
    I believe I am excited, anxious, terrified, or some blend of those component emotions.
    ... I would also like your opinion as to my appearance in this suit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

Oh, Momma. I was just joking. Melody smiles up to Happy as she is kissed on the forehead. Magtok is.... the best cyborg I have ever met. she then looks over to Magtok. You better be good to her. Got it? she says, a little determined look on her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

Happy looks back at Magtok, tension leaving her in a heavy exhalation. "He always has been."
    "She'll break my arm if I'm anything else," Magtok rolls his eyes, only half-joking about that. She killed that one tiger or lion or whatever it was without any trouble at all, and Magtok isn't exactly known for his melee fighting prowess.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir produces a sandwich from under his surcoat and hands it over to the survivor.

"That's all I have with me."

[Probably not a Pine Forest]

The blasted, volcanic landscape seems to stretch as far as I can see. It is, however, suspiciously empty. As Marcus walks, he might notice something off - the magma emits heat, but it seems a bit weak - it's merely unpleasant, without causing outright damage.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "She'll break my arm if I'm anything else," Magtok rolls his eyes, only half-joking about that. She killed that one tiger or lion or whatever it was without any trouble at all, and Magtok isn't exactly known for his melee fighting prowess.
    Well that's settled then. Melody looks between the two. Where is Reinholdt, anyway? she asks, looking a little confused. Estia's back, right? He... he survived, right?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Barn

"He survived. He dropped her off and flew away."
    Happy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #859

[Peaceful Spring]

"Oh really? Well since it came true, you can tell us what it was, right?" Kitty asks with great interest.
    Invidia looks quite interested as well, listening to the two talking.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #860

[Peaceful Spring]

Invidia looks quite interested as well, listening to the two talking.
    ((You missed the other outside scene Arkhosia. But I'm just gonna skip you there once Sine posts.))

[Peaceful Spring]

"Oh, um. I wished for a sibling." Obriane replies with an awkward smile. This was technically something she had wanted for a long time but not what she had wished for back there underneath the freezing water.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-07-09 at 08:02 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

"Aw, that's so cute. I bet you can't wait until you can see him." Kitty beams. No wonder she wants to go see her family. She'd really wanted a sibling, and now she has a little brother to see.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

Wraal, pointing the flashlight towards the goblin and staring at him, waits for the creature to take the sandwich Wenomir is offering before saying "Now you have your food. Talk."
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-07-09 at 08:41 AM. Reason: The flashlight is needed

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

23. - Top - End - #863

[Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir produces a sandwich from under his surcoat and hands it over to the survivor.

"That's all I have with me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    [Darkwater Mine]

Wraal, standing with crossed arms (and holstered weapons) and staring at the goblin, waits for him to take the sandwich Wenomir is offering before saying "Now you have your food. Talk."
    [Darkwater Mine]

The goblin greedily devours the sandwich handed to him. "Much better than my last meal..." He comments with such distaste that it might make one wonder what his last meal was... or perhaps they're better off not knowing. He wipes his mouth and sits down on the tunnel floor. "Okay so... sabotage. ****ing murderous psychopath bitch sabotaged the mine to buy us off." He laughs without any real joy. "But looks like she didn't win huh? Since you're here. Means someone else must have bought this ****hole." He gestures at the tunnel.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-07-09 at 08:47 AM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

"Hmm...a good tactic. Anyway, what do you know about those crystals?" Wraal inquires, supposing the crystals are the sabotage the goblin was referring to.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

"Slow down, back up and start at the beginning," Wenomir says. "Who sabotaged the mine? And how?"

26. - Top - End - #866

[Darkwater Mine]

"Give me some water too or I won't be able to tell anything." The goblin claims as he touches his throat, assuming her's provided with a water bottle or something (if Wenomir brought a sandwich someone probably brought something to drink as well) he starts again. "I was hired here by the venture company to keep order here since strange **** keeps happening in these tunnels. Those crystals for example, they infected two of the workforce before we figured out to avoid them. But then Seraphina shows up, that ****ing bitch. Should have stabbed her in the face the instant she showed up. Some hot shot working for the Glazgow Enterprise that turns out to be really interested in that we're mining here. Kept asking all these questions about the weird stuff too, didn't trust her the moment I saw her." He shakes his head. "Should have gone with my ****ing gut." He drinks some more water. "Anyway, some days later I catch our idiotic chef Hobart acting really suspicious so I approach him and the ****er runs like a bitch. He nearly disappeared into those creepy natural tunnels before I could catch the bastard. Turns out the genius had been paid by Seraphina to put crystal powder in our ****ing food. Gonna make it look like some zombie outbreak in the mines see? Thankfully I bring my own food instead of his garbage. But by the time I drag the idiot back to the elevator it's already too late. The infected are swarming the mine and some bright heads had already closed off the elevator. So what is a guy gonna do? Even when I had manage to kill the infected around the elevator I still couldn't get out." He sigh. "I was so not getting paid enough for this ****."

[Otherworldly Portal]

Cessie is right underneath the portal leading back to her homeworld. It might not be visible to the naked eye or easily accessible as it's floating no more than 50 meters up in the air, but it was there alright. Unfortunately so was the fey glade which made the sorceress wary. The only fey she could really agree with for longer periods of time was Sakura and even her she had some disagreements with. So hopefully Geneva would arrive soon so they wouldn't have to deal with fey during their stay here.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-07-10 at 04:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867

Sophia supplies water, and after the tale is told she thinks a bit.
    So, you ate him then?
    She inquires eerily calmly and nonchalantly, sipping from a second canteen.
    Hmm... tell me, are they attracted by noise and is there a very large cavern, at least 15 meters high for a roof, farther into the mine? I'm thinking of luring them in there and working with wraal and Wenomir to deal with them by either imprisoning in there if they're savable or putting them to rest if they're not.
    She replies.
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Aw, that's so cute. I bet you can't wait until you can see him." Kitty beams. No wonder she wants to go see her family. She'd really wanted a sibling, and now she has a little brother to see.
    I envy you Orbriane, I really do. I was adopted and as far as I'm aware of am an only child, I've always dreamed of having a true family.
    And no, I'm not saying adopted parents aren't a true family. I was adopted into the clan, just not a family within.

Invidia replies, sincerity in her voice. The tone isn't angry or bitter or in any way not saying "The envy is meant as a compliment!".
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-07-09 at 09:17 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #868

[Peaceful Spring]

"Heh... thanks guys." Gals? Obriane scratches her head awkwardly. "But yeah, as soon as I earn enough money I'm going to visit my family." The question was, would she invite Kitty along? It would be a long trip but what would she say to her parents?

29. - Top - End - #869
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Otherworldly Portal]

Geneva has some iron on her person.

Are these the sort of fey that dislike iron?

If so she could brandish it at them if they start getting too frisky.

Anywho!

A portal hanging fifty meters in the air really isn't a big deal for Geneva, what with her ability to tell gravity where it can stick its laws of mutual attraction. The hippogriff flies around the portal a few times, leaning close to peer at it and briefly ponder what kind of fancy detection devices to wave in its general direction. Shortly there after she notices the ground-bound wizard and begins to gently descend.

"Hello there!" Geneva calls out. "I hope getting out here wasn't too hard for you, this place is a little remote and most humans I've met can't fly."

Some can.

But those ones are usually kind of unusual.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

"Yeah, I bet that'll be a fun trip. How long has it been since you've been there again? A long time, right?" Kitty remembers that much, though a specific number escapes her.

[Otherworldly Portal]

Cessie should know better than that. Neither of their entrances were very conspicuous. That portal is in plain sight, after all. They garner some attention, but no fey present themselves as of yet. It's only a matter of time, however.