New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

[Darkwater Mine]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Wenomir attempts to creep closer to the gnolls in order to hear what they're saying. Thanks to his agility and extremely precise control over his movements, he's surprisingly stealthy for a man of his size and equipment.
    Wraal, unfortunately, is not, so the Krogan will remain where he is, counting the enemies.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-07-16 at 05:05 PM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    [Darkwater Mine]

Wraal, unfortunately, is not, so the Krogan will remain where he is, counting the enemies.
    Sophia follows Wraal's lead, and though stealthy, her gear does make her less stealthy.
    after all, two rectangles of hollow metal on either side of the waist do mske one s bit of a larger target, and the blades sheathed may rattle slightly. the boxes don't hit eachother or any other parts besides the blades though, cuz of the design
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

[Otherworldly Portal]

"But people make stuff out of hair all the time! Well, usually small things, but it's easy to make big things for me!" The pixie argues. "I wouldn't need very muuuuch."

"So stay away." The orange pixie grabs at her friend and tried to tug him away. He struggles to get away from her. They toss each other back and forth precariously close to the chamber.

[Peaceful Spring]

"Why do you have to take it?" Kitty asks with a bit of interest. She has fairly limited experience with medication, though certainly not none. Maybe it's for pain? But Invidia seems to be fine.

4. - Top - End - #964

Peaceful spring

"i'd rather not talkabout it, okay? it'skinda an uncomfortable topic for me...."
    invidia replies, more shy than nervous
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #965

[Darkwater Mine]

As the mercenaries jump off the transport Wraal and Sophie can see that there are two droids armed with laser guns, two gnolls, one of them armed with some sort of steam-punk chain-saw and the other with something that appears loaded with saw-blades. The last mercenary on the trailer is the ogre, only armed with two enormous metal gloves with steam meters on them.

Along with the driver and the small gnoll there are a total of seven mercenaries, eight if you count the steampunk battle armor.
    Spoiler: What Wenomir can hear and see.
    Show
    "...only three?" Wenomir can hear the driver asks as he sneaks closer.

"Yes, two pig-skins and big frog-guy." The scout replies as he points at the tunnel they just emerged from. "Have not come out yet."

"Let's just whack em'!" The ogre exclaims as she smashes her two gloves together.

Spoiler: What Wenomir can hear and see
    Show
    The driver frowns. "They mercenaries like us. Employer said we just pay 'em and they go away, no need to risk precious hides..." Her right goes along an ugly looking scar going across her snout.

[Otherwordly Portal]

Cessie suppresses a sigh, it was time to be pragmatic. "Alright, but only if you keep away your friends from that chamber my friend created, okay? It's very dangerous and they're too close now." She points up in the sky where the two other pixies are making trouble. "If they get in there, I can't give you any hair belt."

[Peaceful Spring]

"It's alright, we were just curious." Obriane assures Invidia. "You don't need to tell us." She says with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-07-17 at 06:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Otherworldly Portal]

Geneva's ear twitches at Cessie's comment.

She's pretty sure that having three pixies tussling around right in front of the sequestering chamber is worse than two, so she moves to take matters into her own talons. The two pixies may very well find themselves being carefully, though firmly, grabbed by the hippogriff and hauled away from the chamber. Said paw/talons/hand things are easily large enough to completely envelope a human's head, so snagging the pixies shouldn't be that hard.

"Please, this isn't any time to be fighting. You said you wanted to explore? I can give you directions to the City nearby."

It sounded like they were interesting in that!

Right...?

Hopefully this will be enough to get them focused on something else.

And physically somewhere else.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island - Barn

Melody looks surprised. Really!? she smiles at Happy. Momma, you don't need my permission to date anyone. Well... she shrinks a little as she thinks of at least one person she'd rather not see her mom dating. Well, maybe not anyone. But really, I've known that you and Magtok have been close friends for years now. If I'd had any problem with you two being together, I think I might have voiced it by now. I just want you to be happy, Momma. And if that's with a cyborg lunatic, so be it. she smirks at Magtok.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Us lunatics have to stick together," Happy says. Then looks more seriously at Melody. "Thank you. Your approval means a lot to me."
    "I'll try to visit more than once a year," Magtok adds, still a little irked with his own failure to drop by and say hello now and then. If it got to the point that Reinholdt was the favored of the two rogues, something was clearly wrong around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir turns to the others and nods gravely. That's enough for him to realize they're a clean-up crew. He draws one of the knives he acquired in the Hunting Grounds once and sends it flying at the large droid, trying to stay in cover. Shout it hit, it will disrupt electronic and cybernetics around it. Wenomir will aim for the thing's weapons.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir's actions are exactly what Wraal was waiting for...and it will surely be easier for the warrior (and the other two) to remain hidden if the mercenaries are focused on something else. That something is a Krogan that, in the blink of an eye, surrounded by a blue halo covers the distance between him and one of the two laser-armed droids, phasing through whatever is on the path and being actually invulnerable (at least physically) during the whole movement (not that it really matters, given its extremely short duration). The unlucky droid, barring supernatural means of avoiding the biotic charge, will be hit with the force of a SUV at full speed, and then the other droid (or, if it's not at shotgun range, the nearest enemy) will found itself on the receiving end of a high-powered shotgun blast. A little cylinder, exactly like the one he gave to the goblin, is ejected from the weapon and falls to the ground, radiating heat: the raw power of the Claymore comes at the cost of a one-shot clip, and whoever notices the ejection might be able to guess so. The sound of the thermal clip hitting the ground, however, is covered by a shout:

"SURPRISE!"
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-07-17 at 01:21 PM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Weald

"Probably not a whole day's trip, but still long. Better be safe, then." he says, taking one thick belt full of things and attaching it in its place. He gives a wave. "I don't really need the rest of it, though. It's just insurance. Thanks, and I'll be back within a day with any luck." he says, and he goes off by her instructions.
    After a while, the tree gate is... really obvious. It's two huge tress with curved trunks that fuse together at the tops. If he passes through them, he'll notice that the air feels a little strange, the colors seem a little more vibrant... and the air feels crisper.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Arty looks up at the gate and gives an appreciative whistle. It's quite interesting, but he doesn't have time to examine it. His pace speeds up a little bit as he passes through it, noting the odd, crisp feeling of the air. Odd, that, but again, he has a job to do, and no time to dilly-dally worrying about such things.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #972
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

He might miss it, but he'll soon pass a log crawling with termites. They won't react to him if he doesn't mess with them.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Arty would have missed it under normal conditions, but in this case he was explicitly looking out for termites.
    "Termites. Follow the termites, she said." he says, looking down at the insects to see which way they're going. And he will follow them if that's obvious.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

[Back to the Pine Forest]

The tree seems to turn halfway into a pillar of rock, but the illusion is incomplete. The partial transformation is dizzying and confusing. Then, everything is over. The volcanic wasteland turns back into a forest again. And suddenly, a blinding ray of multi-coloured light is fired at Marcus' face.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Halfling in the Playground

Pine Fo-OHMYGOD

Marcus has no time to pat himself on the back for his cleverness, instead, the quick thinking soldier has to raise his shield in an instant. Depending on how much force is in the blow, he will either stumble backwards, relatively unharmed from the actual magic, or he will receive a flying lesson, still unaffected by the magic itself. His runes were strong.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    [Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir's actions are exactly what Wraal was waiting for...and it will surely be easier for the warrior (and the other two) to remain hidden if the mercenaries are focused on something else. That something is a Krogan that, in the blink of an eye, surrounded by a blue halo covers the distance between him and one of the two laser-armed droids, phasing through whatever is on the path and being actually invulnerable (at least physically) during the whole movement (not that it really matters, given its extremely short duration). The unlucky droid, barring supernatural means of avoiding the biotic charge, will be hit with the force of a SUV at full speed, and then the other droid (or, if it's not at shotgun range, the nearest enemy) will found itself on the receiving end of a high-powered shotgun blast. A little cylinder, exactly like the one he gave to the goblin, is ejected from the weapon and falls to the ground, radiating heat: the raw power of the Claymore comes at the cost of a one-shot clip, and whoever notices the ejection might be able to guess so. The sound of the thermal clip hitting the ground, however, is covered by a shout:

"SURPRISE!"
    Wraal, focus on the armored or long ranged enemies, you're better equipped for such!
    Sophia, on the other hand, charges from her hiding spot towards the ogre. Her blades are drawn in a flash, and a grappling hook launches at the ogre's face, aiming to hit her eyes. Sophia follows the hook swiftly, swinging her blades with great force once she gets close and aiming to behead or at least split open the face of her enemy.
    Seid ihr das Essen?
    Nein, wir sind der Jäger!

She sings with pride, her battle cry ringing in the cave as she soars at the enemy, flames of excitement and determination in her eyes.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Peaceful spring

"i'd rather not talkabout it, okay? it'skinda an uncomfortable topic for me...."
    invidia replies, more shy than nervous
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

"It's alright, we were just curious." Obriane assures Invidia. "You don't need to tell us." She says with a smile.
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Yeah, that's fine." It's no big deal. Kitty moves closer to Obriane, Annie in tow. "Hey Annie, want to see Obriane?" She holds the squirming baby out to Obriane, a ridiculous grin on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Otherwordly Portal]

Cessie suppresses a sigh, it was time to be pragmatic. "Alright, but only if you keep away your friends from that chamber my friend created, okay? It's very dangerous and they're too close now." She points up in the sky where the two other pixies are making trouble. "If they get in there, I can't give you any hair belt."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Otherworldly Portal]

Geneva's ear twitches at Cessie's comment.

She's pretty sure that having three pixies tussling around right in front of the sequestering chamber is worse than two, so she moves to take matters into her own talons. The two pixies may very well find themselves being carefully, though firmly, grabbed by the hippogriff and hauled away from the chamber. Said paw/talons/hand things are easily large enough to completely envelope a human's head, so snagging the pixies shouldn't be that hard.

"Please, this isn't any time to be fighting. You said you wanted to explore? I can give you directions to the City nearby."

It sounded like they were interesting in that!

Right...?

Hopefully this will be enough to get them focused on something else.

And physically somewhere else.
    [Otherwordly Portal]

"Okay okay!" The purple pixie hurries over toward her friends. "HEY! KNOCK IT OFF!" She's about the join the fray when Geneva intervenes.

The other two pixies suddenly forget their bickering instantly! They look mildly terrified as well, but what can you do? "Um, yeah! The city!" The other one nods his head in agreement.

"Yeah, no fighting. We can go exploring instead." Purple says in a scolding voice.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Weald

Arty would have missed it under normal conditions, but in this case he was explicitly looking out for termites.
    "Termites. Follow the termites, she said." he says, looking down at the insects to see which way they're going. And he will follow them if that's obvious.
    It is. Following those, he will find what appears to be a termite castle. It's four large termite mounds around one VERY big central mound. It's breathtaking. It's covered in termites, but they don't care as long as Arty does not touch or get too close to the mound.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Arty wouldn't touch the mound, but he might get a little close.
    "Um, hello? I've come with a message for the Termite Queen?" he calls out, trying to sound like he has some idea of what he's doing. Trying being the operative word.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

Oh have you?

The voice is in Arty's head, and a moment after that a vision should enter his mind's eye: the torso of a woman, slim but beautiful, with very long golden hair that is wrapped around her torso like a robe. This torso is on one end of a great white mass that is taller than the human torso, and throbs rhythmically. Arty cannot see it's other end, it's facing him head-on. This woman has a regal feel to her, and a slightly foreboding one at that.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-07-18 at 12:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Arty tries to look pleasant.
    "Yes, the nymph Arlia asked me to tell you that she wishes to speak to you about striking a deal to deal with Valuth." he says, trying to not be bothered by the vision.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

Oh? She raises an eyebrow. What has the chronic mother so riled up? She doesn't usually care about anything unless someone hurts one of her ever-increasing number of children.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

"Apparently he rerouted her river." he says in response.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

That would do it. she shakes her head. I'm not sure what she thinks she will offer me, but I will speak to her.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Arty nods.
    "All right; I'll give her your response. Thank you." he says, bowing his head and perhaps turning to go?

26. - Top - End - #986
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

The image fades as he bows, and he can leave without difficulty.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Well, I guess Arty turns to go then! Not much else to do besides go back and report his success.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

He makes it back as the sun is setting. The nymph is nowhere to be seen, and his stuff is untouched.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

The Weald

Arty looks around, spending a moment to check his little pile of stuff before going over to the water.
    "Hello? Miss Arlia? I delivered the message." he calls, pawing at the pond with a hoof.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Weald

Arlia comes up, sitting atop a pillow of water. "I appreciate it. And of course I'll spread the word about your offer! How can people get in contact with you?"

Technicolor Forest

The forest comes in every color of the window, but is very still. The density of the plants is more like a rainforest than a temperate forest, but there's no movement beyond the wind and no sound of animals. The plants smell... odd, but like plants, and there are no animal smells.