New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [OOTS Showdown] The Feedback Thread

(here's my attempt at Julio Scoundrel)

Julio Scoundrel (because I can't do the funtime accent mark)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Starting HP: 16
    Initiative Modifier: +2

Abilities:
    Rapier Wit: deals 3 damage to target
    Alchemist's Fire: (passive) Anyone attacking Julio takes 2 damage (requirement, must have Mechane)
    Mechane: Julio loses all actions and cannot be targeted for anything for the next two rounds.
    Again!: Target nonLawful repeats last action. Cannot be used if repeating would be impossible.
    Woo: Choose target Female character's action
    Infamous: (passive) Julio deals an extra 1 damage to Lawful characters

Rapier Wit's his direct damage move, Mechane is defensive, and Again! and Woo could make him quite the manipulator if he wanted.
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-02-13 at 08:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My half-decent attempt at Hinjo....
    And no, you don't know me.

Hinjo
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Starting HP: 13
    Initiative modifier: 0

Block
    Hinjo may protect another character for one turn [aka. nullify the damage done to target character]. If the attacking character is evil, he or she is dealt 2 points of damage. If the attacking character is good or neutral, he or she looses the actions for next turn.
    Negotiation
    Hinjo may choose the actions of a character for the next round. If target character had chosen a direct damage ability for that round, the round after Hinjo controlled them, they must attack Hinjo. If target character had not chosen a direct damage ability, Hinjo gains 2 HP, though he may not go above a maximum of 20 HP.
    King me!
    Should Shojo die, Hinjo may choose one non-passive ability of Shojo's to claim as his own.
    Persuasive Speaker [Passive]
    If Hinjo uses an action against a chaotic character, the target chaotic character may not use a direct-damage attack for the next round.
    Parry
    If Hinjo is attacked the round he uses this ability, the damage is halved and he deals 3 damage to the attacker. [You must take the flaw with this ability.]
    Slash
    Deal 4 points of direct damage to a certain character. If target character is good,the damage is halved.
    Untried [Flaw]
    Hinjo's starting health is only 10, and all damage taken by characters higher hp than him is increased by 1.

Uh... yea. :)
    Last edited by comprehensive; 2007-02-14 at 12:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Monster in the Darkness: Chaotic Evil, 8 HP, Initiative -2
    Damage Reduction (passive): During each round, the first 5 damage against the Monster are prevented.
    Freak Out: Target character can’t attack or use negative abilities against the monster until end of next round.
    Gluttony: The Monster gains 1 HP. Then, if it has 30 HP or more, it wins the game.
    Vengeful Strike: Deals 5 damage to any character who had attacked the Monster in any of the former rounds.

Did anyone else think the win-condition for Gluttony was too high?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Beta: I didn't expect the monster to win with Gluttony. It was just there to force the others to attack the monster sooner or later and get in range of its defty vengeful attacks.

I'm currently transposing my notes into actual characters. I have to leave now, but I can give you my first batch of characters. Later today and tomorrow, I'll do the rest.

Roy: Lawful Good, Male, 20 HP, Initiative +1
    Greatsword Attack: Deals 3 damage to any target.
    Meatshield: Choose up to three target characters. Until the end of next turn, whenever they would be dealt damage, instead prevent that damage and Roy loses 1 HP.
    Family Legacy: Roy’s attacks against evil characters are enhanced by 1.
    Engage in Duel: Choose target character. That character must attack Roy if possible until one of them is dead or Roy chooses another character with this ability.
    Let go of the Trouser Titan: Roy becomes Female permanently
    Grab your Bizarro Twins: All attacks of the OOTS against the Linear Guild are enhanced by 1

Elan: Chaotic Good, Male, 13 HP, Initiative +3
    Rapier Attack: Deals 1 damage to any target.
    Bard’s Song: Target character’s next attack is doubled.
    Seize the dramatic moment: Deals 3 damage to target character with Initiative value not more than 3 away from Elan’s (If Elan’s Initiative is 12, he can target all characters with Initiative from 9 to 15)
    Look at me, I’m a wizard: At the beginning of the game, Elan randomly gains one of the other character’s active abilities. Whenever he uses that ability he uses it and another one is randomly chosen in its place.
    Disguise Self: Elan can’t be attacked or targeted until the end of next round
    Annoy: Target Lawful character’s initiative value is permanently lowered by 1.

Haley: Chaotic Good, Female, 12 HP, Initiative +5
    Shortbow Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target,
    Sneak Attack. Bitch: Deals 3 damage to any character that has not acted this round yet
    Evasion: Characters with initiative more than 10 after Haley can’t attack or target her. (Tradeoff: -2 HP)
    Leave my guys alone: Whenever Haley attacks a female character, that character loses all actions until the end of the round.
    Mine, Mine, Mine: Whenever Haley deals lethal damage to a character, she gains 3 HP (Tradeoff: -2 HP, Initiative -2)
    Manyshot: Haley may split the damage of her attack between any number of characters.

Durkon: Lawful Good, Male, 18 HP, Initiative 0
    Hammer Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Heavy Armor: Prevent the first 2 damage dealt to Durkon each round (Tradeoff: Durkon must declare his actions openly)
    Walking Band-Aids: Target character other than Durkon gains 4 HP.
    Remove Curse: End all lasting effects on target character.
    ThorPrayer: Durkon gains two additional actions next round. These actions may only be used for Walking Band-Aids or Remove Curse.
    Thor’s Might: Durkon gains 10 HP and his next attack is enhanced by 4. At the end of the next two rounds, Durkon loses 10 HP.

Vaarsuvius: True Neutral, Indefinite, 10 HP, Initiative -1
    Missile Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target
    Insightful Advice: Target character gains an additional action next round
    Gender Ambiguity: Vaarsuvius counts as either gender, however it is beneficial for the elf.
    Explosive Runes: The character acting after Vaarsuvius is dealt 4 damage (Tradeoff: Initiative -3)
    Dispel Magic: End all effects on target character
    Evan’s Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion: Deals 3 damage to target character with more HP than Vaarsuvius. They lose all actions until the end of this round.
    Belkar: Chaotic Evil, Male, 15 HP, Initiative +3
    Dagger Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Homicidal Maniac: At the beginning of a round, whenever a player character has less than 3 HP, Belkar must choose to attack it. (Tradein: HP +1, Initiative +3)
    Combat Glee: Whenever Belkar is attacked, he gains an additional action next round.
    Provoke: Target character must attack Belkar next round
    Kobold Hunt!! Choose a character. Until the end of next round, whenever another character attacks them, they gain 1 HP.
    Lawful STUPID: All of Belkar’s attacks against Lawful characters are enhanced by 1.

Nale: Lawful Evil, Male, 15 HP, Initiative +3
    Longsword Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target
    Charm Person: Choose target character’s next action
    Sneak Attack: Deals 3 damage to any character that has not acted this round yet
    Masterplan: Name a character and an action. If the character had used that action, they are dealt 5 damage
    Inevitable Betrayal? Check! All attacks of the Linear Guild against the OOTS are enhanced by 1.
    Go all Bond Villain: Nale must declare his options openly. (Tradein: All attacks of Nale are enhanced by 1)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Could you mark abilities as passive if they are, please?

Some of them, such as Inevitable Betrayal, could be interpreted either way.

These all look good!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

heretic: Will be editted in later. In the meantime, have fun with the next batch. Ideas for revision will still be accepted.

Miko: Lawful Good: Female, 17 HP, Initiative +4
    Katana Attack: Deals 3 damage to any target
    Smite Evil: Deals 4 damage to any evil character
    Lay on Hands: Target character gains 2 HP
    Target Fixation: At the beginning of the game, choose three target characters. You can’t attack characters other than these. Whenever one of the characters dies, you choose another one to replace it. (Tradein: +3 Initiative)
    Fallen: Deals 6 damage to target non-evil character. Miko loses this ability and becomes evil permanently.
    Spartany: Miko can’t gain more than 1 HP through a single effect (Tradein: +2 HP)

Sabine: Chaotic Evil, Female, 16 HP, Initiative +3
    Life Drain: Deals 2 damage to any target. Sabine gains 1 HP
    Energy Drain: Deals 2 damage to any target. They lose all actions until the end of this round.
    Damage Reduction: The first two damage dealt to Sabine each round are prevented.
    Tactical Escape: Whenever Sabine is dealt more than 2 damage in one round, prevent all further attacks against her until the end of that round.
    Arch Enemy: Name a character: All attacks against that character are enhanced by 1
    Shapeshift into Disguise: Sabine loses all abilities and can’t be attacked until the end of the next two rounds.

Xykon: Lawful Evil, Male, 17 HP, Initiative -1
    Symbol of Pain: Deals 1 damage to any target and 1 damage at the beginning of each following round until one of them dies or a new target is chosen.
    Sacrificing Minions: Deals 1 damage to target character for every three dead evil player characters (rounded up.)
    Masterplan: Name a character and an action. If the character had used or use that action in the round, they are dealt 5 damage
    Moderately Escapable Forcecage: Target character loses all actions until the end of next turn.
    Set Trap: The next character to attack Xykon is dealt 4 damage. (Tradeoff: -3 HP)
    His soul-hidey place: Whenever Xykon dies, choose an evil character. At the end of the next two rounds, if the chosen character is still alive, Xykon returns to live with half of his starting HP, rounded up (Tradeoff: -3 HP)

Monster in the Darkness: Neutral Evil, Indefinite, 18 HP, Initiative -2
    Gluttony: The Monster gains 1 HP. Then, if it has 25 or more HP, it wins the game.
    Damage Reduction: The first five damage dealt to Sabine each round are prevented. (Tradein: -6 HP)
    Vengeful Strike: Deals 5 damage to any character that had attacked the Monster in one of the previous rounds.
    Freak Out: Target character can’t attack the Monster until the end of the next turn.
    Mysterious Identity: Monster in the Darkness gains the Alignment and Gender of target character and loses this ability.
    Tasty Paper: Prevent the next non-attacking action that would happen this round.

Lord Shojo: Chaotic Good, Male, 8 HP, Initiative -2
    Sapphire Guard: Create a Paladin NPC with 5 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage. You can’t create another NPC if there already is one alive.
    Feign Role: Choose a new alignment for Lord Shojo permanently. He loses this ability.
    Devoted Servitude: Whenever Lord Shojo would be dealt damage, if there is a Paladin NPC in play, the damage is dealt to the Paladin instead.
    Gift Coupon: Target character gains an additional action next round.
    Royal Command: Choose target Lawful character’s next action.
    Arrest: Target character loses all actions until the end of next round.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Fixed up Julio a bit. Made his abilities better.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Next batch. I hope to have all of them done by tonight:

Thog: Chaotic Evil, Male, 20 HP, Initiative +1
    Greataxe Attack: Deals 3 damage to any target
    Thog Improvise: Deals 1 damage to any target. You can use this ability even if Thog would have lost his action otherwise.
    Influencable: Lasting effects against Thog last an additional round (Tradein: Initative +3)
    Bull Rush Tackle Hug: Deals 1 damage to target character. They lose all actions until the end of next round.
    Keep pretty girls away from Thog: Attacks from Thog against female characters are halved. Attacks from female characters against Thog are doubled (Tradein: HP +6)
    Thog Rage: Thog deals 5 damage to target character and 1 damage to himself. (Tradeoff: -3 HP)

Hinjo: Lawful Good, Male, 17 HP, Initiative +2
    Katana Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Intercept: Prevent all attacks against target character until the end of next round.
    Heir to the Throne: Choose a character that died not more than round ago. Hinjo gains an ability of that character permanently and loses Heir to the Throne.
    Heal: Target character gains 2 HP.
    Integrity: Hinjo’s actions can’t be chosen by another player.
    Defense Commander: Attacks against Hinjo are decreased by 1.

Julia: True Neutral, Female, 11 HP, Initiative +1
    Missile Attack: Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Look: Boobies: Choose target male character’s next action. (Tradeoff: Initiative -2)
    Attention Seeker: Whenever Julia is targeted with a non-attacking ability, she gains 2 HP
    Adventurers to the Rescue: Choose target character that attacked Julia last round. Until the end of next round, attacks against that character are enhanced by 1.
    Damsel in Distress: Whenever Julia is attacked, if she still has an action in the round, she loses that action instead of taking damage. (Tradeoff: -2 HP, Initiative +2)
    Escape: At the end of each round, all lasting effects on Julia end.

Leeky: Neutral Evil, Male, 12 HP, Initiative +1
    Firestorm: Deals 2 damage, divided as you choose to any number of characters.
    Summon Tree Servant: Creates a tree NPC with 3 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage. You can’t summon a Tree if more than two are existing already.
    Dire Bear Form: Leeky gains 10 HP and loses all abilities in exchange for a Claw attack that deals 3 damage. At the end of the next three rounds, Leeky loses 10 HP and the abilities are shifted back.
    Protection: Target other character gains Damage Reduction for 2 damage until the end of the next two rounds.
    Send the animal companion: Whenever a character attacks Leeky, it is dealt 1 damage.

Pompey: Neutral Evil, Male, 11 HP, Initiative 0
    Summon Monster: Create a Centipede NPC with 1 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage.
    Buff Spells: Target character’s next attack is enhanced by 2. If it is female, the attack is enhanced by 4 instead.
    Disgust: Pompey can’t be targeted by female characters with non-attacking abilities.
    Guard the Hostage: All lasting effects on target character are extended for one round.
    Petty Vengeance: Deals 3 damage to target character that attacked Pompey last round.
    Surrender: Pompey loses all actions and can’t be dealt damage until the end of next round.

Julio: Chaotic Good, Male, 15 HP, Initiative +4
    Swashbuckle: Deals 2 damage to target character. If it has more HP than Julio, deal 3 damage to it instead.
    Ladie’s Man: Attacks from Female characters against Julio are halved.
    Wanted Criminal: Whenever Julio attacks or is attacked by a Lawful character, they are each dealt 1 damage in addition.
    Mentorship: Target character gains an action for each alignment they share with Julio.
    Training Montage: Target other character’s Initiative is permanently enhanced by 2.
    Lift to Azure City: Whenever Julio targets another character with a non-attacking action, that character acts at the beginning of the next round.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I like your Julio more then mine.

When I join, I'd like to play Julio or Miko.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

OK, guys. I’ve created the first set of 26. I want to open registration tomorrow, so please have a look at it and tell me if you spot flaws in the balance.

Some notes up front:

- NPC’s have no gender or alignment. Their Initiative modifier is 0. When their creator dies, the NPC’s are removed from the game immediately.
    - Tradeoff means: If you choose the respective ability to be in your starting four, the tradeoff applies to your character.
    - Don’t feel bad if your suggestions are not in there directly. I had to shift stuff around a lot and many ideas ended up reworded and/or on different characters.

Roy: Lawful Good, Male, 20 HP, Initiative +1
    Greatsword Attack: (attack) Deals 3 damage to any target.
    Meat Shield: Choose up to three target characters other than Roy. Until the end of next turn, whenever they would be dealt damage, instead prevent that damage and Roy loses 1 HP.
    Family Legacy: (passive) Roy’s attacks against evil characters are enhanced by 1.
    Engage in Duel: Choose target character. That character must attack Roy if possible until one of them is dead or Roy chooses another character with this ability.
    Don the Belt: Roy becomes Female permanently
    Grab your Bizarro Twins: (passive) All attacks of the OOTS against the Linear Guild are enhanced by 1

Elan: Chaotic Good, Male, 13 HP, Initiative +3
    Rapier Attack: (attack) Deals 1 damage to any target.
    Bard’s Song: Target character’s next attack is doubled.
    Seize the dramatic moment: (attack) Deals 3 damage to target character with Initiative value not more than 3 away from Elan’s (If Elan’s Initiative is 12, he can target all characters with Initiative from 9 to 15)
    Look at me, I’m a wizard: At the beginning of the game, Elan randomly gains one of the other character’s active abilities. Whenever he uses that ability he uses it and another one is randomly chosen in its place.
    Disguise Self: Elan can’t be attacked or targeted until the end of next round. (Tradeoff: -1 HP, Initiative -1)
    Annoy: Target Lawful character’s initiative value is permanently lowered by 1.

Haley: Chaotic Good, Female, 12 HP, Initiative +5
    Shortbow Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target
    Sneak Attack. Bitch: (attack) Deals 3 damage to any character that has not acted this round yet.
    Evasion: (passive) Characters with initiative 10 or more later than Haley can’t attack or target her.
    Leave my guys alone: (passive) Whenever Haley attacks a female character, that character loses all actions until the end of the round. (Tradeoff: Initiative -2)
    Mine, Mine, Mine: (passive) Whenever Haley deals lethal damage to a player character, she gains 3 HP (Tradeoff: -2 HP)
    Manyshot: (passive) Haley may split the damage of her attack between any number of characters.

Durkon: Lawful Good, Male, 18 HP, Initiative 0
    Hammer Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Heavy Armor: (passive) Prevent the first 2 damage dealt to Durkon each round (Tradeoff: Durkon must declare his actions openly).
    Walking Band-Aids: Target character other than Durkon gains 4 HP.
    Remove Curse: End all lasting effects on target character.
    ThorPrayer: Durkon gains two additional actions next round. These actions may only be used for Walking Band-Aids or Remove Curse.
    Thor’s Might: Durkon gains 10 HP and his next attack is enhanced by 4. At the end of the next two rounds, Durkon loses 10 HP.

Vaarsuvius: True Neutral, Indefinite, 11 HP, Initiative -1
    Missile Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target
    Insightful Advice: Target character gains an additional action next round.
    Gender Ambiguity: (passive) Vaarsuvius counts as either gender, however it is beneficial for the elf. (Tradeoff: +3 HP)
    Explosive Runes: The character acting after Vaarsuvius is dealt 4 damage (Tradeoff: Initiative -2)
    Dispel Magic: End all lasting effects on target character.
    Evan’s Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion: (attack) Deals 4 damage to target character with more HP than Vaarsuvius. They lose all actions until the end of this round.

Belkar: Chaotic Evil, Male, 15 HP, Initiative +3
    Dagger Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Homicidal Maniac: (passive) At the beginning of a round, whenever a player character has less than 3 HP, Belkar must choose to attack it. (Tradeoff: HP +1, Initiative +3)
    Combat Glee: (passive) Whenever Belkar is attacked, he gains an additional action next round.
    Provoke: Target character must attack Belkar next round.
    Kobold Hunt: Choose a character. Until the end of next round, whenever another character attacks them, they gain 1 HP.
    Lawful stupid: (passive) Belkar’s attacks against Lawful characters are enhanced by 1.

Nale: Lawful Evil, Male, 15 HP, Initiative +3
    Longsword Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Charm Person: Choose target character’s next action.
    Sneak Attack: (attack) Deals 3 damage to any character that has not acted this round yet.
    Masterplan: (attack) Name a character and an action. If the character had used or use that action in the round, they are dealt 5 damage.
    Inevitable Betrayal? Check: (passive) All attacks of the Linear Guild against the OOTS are enhanced by 1.
    Go all Bond Villain: (passive) Nale must declare his options openly. (Tradeoff: All attacks of Nale are enhanced by 1)

Miko: Lawful Good: Female, 16 HP, Initiative +4
    Katana Attack: (attack) Deals 3 damage to any target.
    Smite Evil: (attack) Deals 4 damage to any evil character.
    Lay on Hands: Target good character gains 2 HP.
    Target Fixation: (passive) At the beginning of the game, choose three target characters. You can’t attack characters other than these. Whenever one of the characters dies, you choose another one to replace it. (Tradeoff: +3 Initiative)
    Fallen: (attack) Deals 6 damage to target non-evil character. Miko loses this ability and becomes evil permanently.
    Spartany: (passive) Miko can’t gain more than 1 HP through a single effect (Tradeoff: +2 HP)

Sabine: Chaotic Evil, Female, 16 HP, Initiative +3
    Life Drain: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target. Sabine gains 1 HP
    Energy Drain: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target. It loses all actions until the end of this round.
    Damage Reduction: (passive) The first two damage dealt to Sabine each round are prevented.
    Tactical Escape: (passive) Whenever Sabine is dealt more than 2 damage in one round, prevent all further attacks against her until the end of that round.
    Arch Enemy: Choose a character: All attacks against that character are enhanced by 1.
    Shapeshift into Disguise:Sabine loses all abilities and can’t be attacked until the end of the next two rounds.

Thog: Chaotic Evil, Male, 20 HP, Initiative +1
    Greataxe Attack: (attack) Deals 3 damage to any target
    Thog Improvise: (attack) Deals 1 damage to any target. You can use this ability even if Thog would have lost his action otherwise.
    Influencable: (passive) Lasting effects against Thog last an additional round (Tradeoff: Initative +3)
    Bull Rush Tackle Hug: (attack) Deals 1 damage to target character. They lose all actions until the end of next round.
    Keep pretty girls away from Thog: (passive) Attacks from Thog against female characters are halved. Attacks from female characters against Thog are doubled (Tradeoff: HP +6)
    Thog Rage: (attack) Thog deals 5 damage to target character and 1 damage to himself. (Tradeoff: -3 HP)

Xykon: Lawful Evil, Male, 17 HP, Initiative -1
    Symbol of Pain: (attack= Deals 1 damage to any target and 1 damage at the beginning of each following round until one of them dies or a new target is chosen.
    Sacrificing Minions: (attack) Deals 1 damage to target character for every three dead evil player characters (rounded up.).
    Masterplan: (attack) Name a character and an action. If the character had used or use that action in the round, they are dealt 5 damage
    Moderately Escapable Forcecage: Target character loses all actions until the end of next turn.
    Set Trap: The next character to attack Xykon is dealt 4 damage. (Tradeoff: -3 HP)(Doesn't count as attack)
    His soul-hidey place: (passive) When Xykon dies, choose an evil character. At the end of the next two rounds, if the chosen character is still alive, Xykon returns to live with half of his starting HP, rounded up (Tradeoff: -3 HP).

Redcloak: Lawful Evil, Male, 13 HP, Initiative +1
    Harm: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Heal: Target evil character gains 2 HP.
    Hobgoblin Commander: (generating) Create a Hobgoblin NPC with 1 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage to any non-evil target.
    Grudge: (passive) Attacks against good characters are enhanced by 1.
    Raise Dead: Target character is returned to life with 1 HP. You may choose their next action.
    Loyal Minion: (passive) Attacks from Redcloak and characters controlled by him against evil characters are halved. (Tradein: +3 HP)

Monster in the Darkness: Neutral Evil, Indefinite, 12 HP, Initiative -2
    Gluttony: The Monster gains 1 HP. Then, if it has 25 or more HP, it wins the game.
    Damage Reduction: (passive) The first five damage dealt to the Monster each round are prevented. (Tradeoff: -2 HP)
    Vengeful Strike: (attack) Deals 5 damage to any character that had attacked the Monster in one of the previous rounds.
    Freak Out: Target character can’t attack the Monster until the end of the next turn.
    Mysterious Identity: Monster in the Darkness gains the Alignment and Gender of target character and loses this ability.
    Tasty Paper: Prevent the next non-attacking action that would happen this round.
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-02-15 at 03:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Second part: I didn't manage to fit everything into one post.

Lord Shojo: Chaotic Good, Male, 10 HP, Initiative -2
    Sapphire Guard: (generating) Create a Paladin NPC with 4 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage. You can’t create another NPC if there already is one alive.
    Feign Role: Choose a new alignment for Lord Shojo permanently. He loses this ability.
    Devoted Servitude: (passive) Whenever Lord Shojo would be dealt damage, if there is a Paladin NPC in play, the damage is dealt to the Paladin instead. (Tradeoff: -3 HP)
    Gift Coupon: Target character gains an additional action next round.
    Royal Command: Choose target Lawful character’s next action.
    Sapphire Guard Agenda: (passive) When there are no non-Lawful player characters other than Lord Shojo alive, he wins the game.

Celia: Neutral Good, Female, 12 HP, Initiative +1
    Thunder: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target
    Level Bypass: Exchange the Initiative values of two target characters (This ability takes place at the beginning of the round)
    Not a Booty Talisman: Target good character gains an additional action next round
    New line of career: Choose an ability of a character. Celia gains that ability and loses New line of career.
    Desperate Defense: Target character can’t be the target of non-attacking abilities until the end of next round
    Rune Guardian: (passive) Attacks of good characters against Celia are decreased by 1. Attacks of evil characters against Celia are enhanced by 1. (Tradein: +3 HP, +1 Initiative)

Hinjo: Lawful Good, Male, 17 HP, Initiative +2
    Katana Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Intercept: Prevent all attacks against target character until the end of next round.
    Heir to the Throne: Choose a character that died not more than round ago. Hinjo gains an ability of that character permanently and loses Heir to the Throne.
    Integrity: (passive) Hinjo’s actions can’t be chosen by another player.
    Defense Commander: (passive) Attacks against Hinjo are decreased by 1. (Tradeoff: -4 HP)

Julia: True Neutral, Female, 11 HP, Initiative +1
    Missile Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Look: Boobies: Choose target male character’s next action. (Tradeoff: Initiative -2)
    Attention Seeker: (passive) Whenever Julia is targeted with a non-attacking ability, she gains 2 HP.
    Adventurers to the Rescue: Choose target character that attacked Julia last round. Until the end of next round, attacks against that character are enhanced by 1.
    Damsel in Distress: (passive) Whenever Julia is attacked, if she still has an action in the round, she loses that action instead of taking damage. (Tradeoff: -2 HP, Initiative +2)
    Escape: (passive) At the end of each round, all lasting effects on Julia end.

Leeky: Neutral Evil, Male, 12 HP, Initiative +1
    Firestorm: (attack) Deals 2 damage, divided as you choose to any number of characters.
    Summon Tree Servant: (generating) Creates a tree NPC with 3 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage. You can’t summon a Tree if more than two are existing already.
    Dire Bear Form: Leeky gains 10 HP and loses all abilities in exchange for a Claw attack that deals 3 damage. At the end of the next three rounds, Leeky loses 10 HP and the abilities are shifted back.
    Protection: Target other character gains Damage Reduction for 2 damage until the end of the next two rounds.
    Heal: Target non-good character gains 2 HP.
    Send the animal companion: (passive) Whenever a character attacks Leeky, it is dealt 1 damage.

Pompey: Neutral Evil, Male, 11 HP, Initiative 0
    Summon Monster: (generating) Create a Centipede NPC with 1 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage. If there is no Centipede NPC in play, create two Centipedes instead.
    Buff Spells: Target character’s next attack is enhanced by 2. If it is female, the attack is enhanced by 4 instead.
    Disgust: (passive) Pompey can’t be targeted by female characters with non-attacking abilities.
    Guard the Hostage: All lasting effects on target non-evil character are extended for one round.
    Petty Vengeance: Deals 3 damage to target character that attacked Pompey last round.
    Surrender: Pompey loses all actions and can’t be dealt damage until the end of next round.

Julio: Chaotic Good, Male, 15 HP, Initiative +4
    Swashbuckle: (attack) Deals 2 damage to target character. If it has more HP than Julio, deal 3 damage to it instead.
    Ladie’s Man: (passive) Attacks from Female characters against Julio are halved.
    Wanted Criminal: (passive) Whenever Julio attacks or is attacked by a Lawful character, they are each dealt 1 damage in addition.
    Mentorship: Target character gains an action if they share an alignment with Julio. If they share two alignments, the target gains 2 HP in addition.
    Training Montage: Target other character’s Initiative is permanently enhanced by 2.
    Lift to Azure City: (passive) Whenever Julio targets another character with a non-attacking action, that character acts at the beginning of the next round.

Samantha: Chaotic Evil, Female, 11 HP, Initiative 0
    Missile Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Hold Person: Target character loses all actions until the end of next round.
    Usurpation: Choose target character, than exchange Usurpation with one ability of them.
    Capture Handsome Guys: Target male character loses all actions and can’t be attacked until the end of the round.
    Send in the Bandits: (generating) Create a Bandit NPC with 1 HP and an attack that deals 1 damage.
    Chain Lightning: (attack) Deals 2 damage to target character and the two characters acting right before and right after it. (Characters acting simultaneously will be included additionally)

The Lawyers: Lawful Neutral, Male, 14 HP, Initiative -2
    If with the boot you’ve been kicked…: (attack) Deals 1 damage to any target.
    Cease and Desist: Target character loses one non-attacking, non-generating ability of your choice permanently. Can’t be used more than once against each character. (Tradeoff: Initiative -3)
    Call Witness: Up to two target characters that were dealt damage last round, gain an additional action next round.
    Scapegoat: (passive) At the end of each round, if the Lawyers are below 7 HP, their HP become 7, their name changes to Mr Jones and they lose this ability.
    Restraining Order: Non-chaotic characters can’t attack the Lawyers until the end of next round.
    We’re off to see the Wizard: Remove target NPC from the game.

Zz’dtri: Neutral Evil, Male, 12 HP, Initiative -1
    Lightning Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Spell Resistance: (passive) Can’t be targeted by non-attacking abilities.
    Flesh to Stone: Target character loses all actions and can’t be attacked or targeted until the end of the next three rounds
    Man of Few Words: (passive) At the end of each round, if ZZ’dtri wasn’t attacked or targeted that round, he gains 2 HP.
    Violation of Intellectual Property: Zz’dtri gains the alignment and one ability of your choice of target character. Zz’dtri loses Violation of Intellectual Property.
    House-ruled Fly Spell: Up to three target characters can’t be attacked until the end of this round. (Tradein: -2 HP, Initiative +3)

Hilgya: Chaotic Neutral, Female, 17 HP, Initiative 0
    Melee Attack: (attack) Deals 1 damage to any target.
    Restoration: End all lasting effects on target character.
    Cure Wounds: Target other character gains 4 HP.
    Servant of Loki: (passive) All attacks of chaotic characters and NPC’s against Hilgya are halved (rounded up)
    Sanctuary: Hilgya can’t be attacked until the end of next round.
    Shift of Conscience: Choose a new alignment for Hilgya among the Good-Evil axis.

The Oracle: True Neutral, Male, 9 HP, Initiative -2
    Test of Body: (generating) Create a Hydra NPC with 5 HP and a melee attack that deals 2 damage. You can't use this ability if there is a Hydra in play already.
    Test of Heart: (passive) Whenever characters with less than 6 HP attack the Oracle, prevent that damage and the attacker gains 1 HP instead.
    Benevolent Prophecy: Name another character and one of its abilities. The next round, that character may use that ability at the beginning of the round without spending an action.
    Malevolent Prophecy: Name a character and an ability. Until the end of next round, whenever they use that ability, they are dealt 3 damage.
    Field of Memory Loss: (passive) Whenever a character attacks The Oracle, they can’t attack it again until the end of next round.
    Inconclusive Answer: (passive) Whenever The Oracle’s action would be chosen by another character, it may pay 2 HP to choose it himself instead.

Yikyik: Chaotic Evil, Male, 10 HP, Initiative +2
    Shortsword Attack: (attack) Deals 2 damage to any target.
    Combat Reflexes. Asswipe: (passive) Whenever Yikyik is attacked, the attacker is dealt 1 damage.
    Vengeful Son: (passive) When Yikyik dies, its player continues the game with the character Yokyok. Yokyok is a copy of Yikyik, except that he is Chaotic Neutral and does not have the ability Vengeful Son. (Tradeoff: -3 HP)
    Pursue: (passive) Whenever Yikyik attacks a character, all further attacks against that character are enhanced by 1.
    Provoke: Deals 1 damage to target character. They must attack Yikyik next round if possible.
    Distraction: Deals 1 damage to target character. That character loses all actions until the end of this round.
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-02-15 at 03:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Okay, I like your Julio more then mine.

When I join, I'd like to play Julio or Miko.
    Pssst. Elan is more fun to play. Trust me.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2007-02-14 at 02:38 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Pssst. Elan is more fun to play. Trust me.
    Actually, despite second opinion, I'm gonna be really wild and ask to play the Oracle. His abilities look like fun, one question though. Can the Oracle make multiple Hydras, like, have more then one hydra at once?

14. - Top - End - #74

No, seriously, Elan is a blast to play.

'Course, that was back when you could be granted complete and utter control of Thog, and make outrageous bribes and longshots and finally be betrayed by Haley when she needed Elan most.

That's why I'm going to ask for Shojo.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2007-02-14 at 03:30 PM.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Fullbladder's awesome.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Actually, despite second opinion, I'm gonna be really wild and ask to play the Oracle. His abilities look like fun, one question though. Can the Oracle make multiple Hydras, like, have more then one hydra at once?
    Not anymore ;) Forgot to add the clause.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but I think I prefer the Oracle. He can conjure an army of Hydras, bribe characters with extra actions (woah! Think of Durkon using ThorPrayer under a Benevolent Prediction!) Punish people for being predictable, avoid a bunch of damage by stopping multiple attacks on him, fight low-health people with impunity, and keep his actions no matter what. I like the idea of that manipulative style. Especially the "army of Hydras" thing.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Except that he changed the "army of hydras" part.

So many characters...I don't know which one to request!

Not Julia again, that's my only stipulation. She's still designed around calling attention to herself, and that doesn't match my style of play.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

18. - Top - End - #78

Read above you, Enlong. No army for you.

Shojo manipulates too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn, loophole untied. Well, I still want the Oracle, because of his awesome powers of manipulation. And the Hydra ensures that I can continue maniulating people without having to use up my action on a direct attack. Quick questions. If Durkon is given a Benevolent Prediction of ThorPrayer, can he get 3 actions (the two from the free Thorprayer, and the one normal action?) Also, what do you think is a better self-protection for the Oracle? Memory Field or Test of Heart? Either way, I want the ben/Mal evolent predictions and the Test of Body. inconclusive is too limited.
    Finally, can a character's hp go over their max? (just wanna know if I should do a bit of first-round durkon bribing)
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-02-14 at 04:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm a little unclear on what the Lawyer's 'Scapegoat' ability actually does...

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

It turns their health to 7 once if their health drops belos 8 during the round. Best case scenario, they get knocked down to 1 before the end of the round, Scapegoat kicks in, and Associate gets turned out while Jones goes back up to 7 HP

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

It's like at the end of the trial when the one lawyer says the lawyer of record was the other lawyer. If their losing, he deletes any record of his involvement, and if they're winning, he takes all the credit. In game, it means that if they are at, say, 12 HP and they take 8 damage in one round, instead of being at 4 next round they're at 7, and only Mr. Jones is left. Not a very useful ability, compared with some of the others.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, there are so many characters I'd like to play! I think, I want Leeky more (because he's the only one I would like to play who's NEW!!!) That's a silly reason I know. So yeah, Leeky,

And I gotta say you have thought you characters through very carefully Silkenfest, and this was a great idea from the very beginning but... [nitpick]Celia's Rune Guardian: The tradein should be +3HP not HO?[/nitpick] i wonder why I nitpick though as I make many typos myself.

Anyway! Kudos (Who thought of that word anyway) to you Silkenfest.

Calamity: Looking forward to Round #2 since.... uhhh, reading round #1! :)

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

On Samanthas Usurpation power:

I think it would be neat if after use, the person targeted has the actual ability stolen, and replaced with usurpation. Gameplay wise it just seems a neat idea... Some shifting around of abilities. Like a freaky game of pass the parcel.

Setting wise, it kind of matches. Since whoever was usurped, tried to usurp again. (I.E, her dad took the control back)
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2007-02-14 at 06:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Selrahc: Done :)

26. - Top - End - #86

When we choose our four abilities, will we have to post our choices, or can they be kept secret until used?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

When exactly does choosing begin? I know tomorrow, but when tomorrow? I could very well have school then, so can it start earliesh in the day? I don't want nobody stealing the ORacle slot.

28. - Top - End - #88

i have a question: is registration gonna be as the 1st round?

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Heretic: The chosen abilities will be published openly.

Enlong, Mal: Registration will be like last time. You send me your list of choices in hierarchical order via message and I distribute the characters among you.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quite possibly last questions.
    In reguards to the character choosing, you mean right now?
    Also, can any character (aside from the MITD) go above their original Health total?