New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Can you swing a pig weighing your max load?

Quote Originally Posted by Adverb View Post
    Wasn't this the plot of Final Fantasy VII?
    ...you just blew my mind.
    Attacking the darkness since 2009.

Spoiler: Quotes I like
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal regarding What would a Cat Lord want? View Post
    She wants the renegade Red Dot brought to her court in chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwykersotz regarding randomly rolling edgelord backstories View Post
    Huh...Apparently I'm Agony Blood Blood, Half-orc Shadow Sorcerer. I killed a Dragons. I'm Chaotic Good, probably racist.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

I can't believe we didn't get any mind-blows until page 7. Seriously, I expected this thread to do better.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    I can't believe we didn't get any mind-blows until page 7. Seriously, I expected this thread to do better.
    my mind ='ed blown on page 2 when black holes came up. It was just so blown I was speechless.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricktroller View Post
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Certainly if you have magic, or magic items that specify that is how that goes, it does. why? Because MAGIC! Does that mean that is how that works in general? Well, the same way that a wizard cast a finger of death on something and that means that whatever he points at must make a save or die. Well, I guess thats ok, cause in D&D, death doesn't stop them from living.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    Barbarians are sweet at first level, especially if the main goal is indiscriminate murder.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's the point. There is no gravity, so the pig becomes infinitely dense until it creates its own gravity and collapses into a black hole.
    it's entirely possible that no gravity means that mass does not generate a gravitational force. In that case, the pig would become infinitely dense without collapsing. It would therefore be an immovable object. However, there are still ways of moving it, so the irresistible force still wins.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thisisacat View Post
    it's entirely possible that no gravity means that mass does not generate a gravitational force. In that case, the pig would become infinitely dense without collapsing. It would therefore be an immovable object. However, there are still ways of moving it, so the irresistible force still wins.
    While yes, we could imagine so, there is just no precedent (that I am aware of). So it stands to reason that the two go hand in hand
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.
    Certainly if you have magic, or magic items that specify that is how that goes, it does. why? Because MAGIC! Does that mean that is how that works in general? Well, the same way that a wizard cast a finger of death on something and that means that whatever he points at must make a save or die. Well, I guess thats ok, cause in D&D, death doesn't stop them from living.
    Barbarians are sweet at first level, especially if the main goal is indiscriminate murder.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So what happens if the pig by some miracle has commoner levels and takes the pig flaw?
    Do we suddenly create a kind of Pig-Centipede with a human commoner acting as a cherry on top? :D

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamaelOfChaos View Post
    So what happens if the pig by some miracle has commoner levels and takes the pig flaw?
    Do we suddenly create a kind of Pig-Centipede with a human commoner acting as a cherry on top? :D
    To take commoner levels, unless I am mistaken, the pig must be awakened, and may disqualify it as being the subject pig of the flaw
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

That, and i dont think anyone really wants to bother with getting the Soon to be a Sphere of Annihilation class levels, because its not particularly useful
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    That, and i dont think anyone really wants to bother with getting the Soon to be a Sphere of Annihilation class levels, because its not particularly useful
    -shock- So THAT's how one makes one of those!
    Handbook in Process:Getting the Facts Straight: A Guide to the Factotum

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Singular Band: There can be only one
    Khayal: A monster class worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    Player: I'll use a classic ploy. "Help! Guards! He's having a seizure!"
    DM: You're the only one in the prison.
    Player: I'm very convincing.
    DM: And there are no guards.
    Player: But there's masonry.
    DM: It's not even animate, let alone sentient.
    Player: That's ok. I'll take the penalty.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

i guess my question is, what happens to Porcus if the Pig has already collapsed into a blackhole/Sphere of Annihilation and you evacuate the commoner from the square via contingent teleport?

Do you delete Orcus from the multiverse, halve his power? or does he just transform from the pig?
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

Drow avatar @ myself

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

i guess my question is, what happens to Porcus if the Pig has already collapsed into a blackhole/Sphere of Annihilation and you evacuate the commoner from the square via contingent teleport?

Do you delete Orcus from the multiverse, halve his power? or does he just transform from the pig?
    hmmmm, what came first? Porcus or the black hole?
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

hmmmm, what came first? Porcus or the black hole?
    neither, the contingency was tied to the Commoner's Str score breaking the threshhold for the pig collapsing into a blackhole.

Drow avatar @ myself

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

neither, the contingency was tied to the Commoner's Str score breaking the threshhold for the pig collapsing into a blackhole.
    So they all happen at once. But since Porcus is a result of the commoner being more than 5 feet away, he becomes Black Horus
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, the sphere of anihilation IS the pig. Porcus's appearance means the pig's mass dropped precipitously. There probably is a very big release of energy (I think, physics is not my forte) as objects are no longer falling towards the Pig fly outwards at relativistic speeds. Probably Porcus has to resurrect the commoner as the ensuing blast has atomized him.
    Safer to just shove the commoner into the sphere. For the good of the multiverse.
    Handbook in Process:Getting the Facts Straight: A Guide to the Factotum

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Singular Band: There can be only one
    Khayal: A monster class worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    Player: I'll use a classic ploy. "Help! Guards! He's having a seizure!"
    DM: You're the only one in the prison.
    Player: I'm very convincing.
    DM: And there are no guards.
    Player: But there's masonry.
    DM: It's not even animate, let alone sentient.
    Player: That's ok. I'll take the penalty.

15. - Top - End - #195

This is one of the best threads that has come out on this board in a long time. I heartily approve.

Here's another fun idea: commoner gets levels in Fiend of Possession and rides around in the pig. Since FoP specifically allows you to use SLAs when possessing a creature take some levels of Warlock as well.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Yorrin View Post
    This is one of the best threads that has come out on this board in a long time. I heartily approve.

Here's another fun idea: commoner gets levels in Fiend of Possession and rides around in the pig. Since FoP specifically allows you to use SLAs when possessing a creature take some levels of Warlock as well.
    I like that. Then you can have Strength as your dump stat and just pump the pig's strength up, focusing yourself on Charisma and Intelligence. I think we found a complete, rules-legal way to make the pig-bound flaw into an advantage.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Except you have to first be ethereal to posses somebody. Since the ethereal is a whole plane away from where the pig is, than for that moment, you fail to meet the conditions. So it turns into porcus, and reaches through the ethereal to skin you.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Except you have to first be ethereal to posses somebody. Since the ethereal is a whole plane away from where the pig is, than for that moment, you fail to meet the conditions. So it turns into porcus, and reaches through the ethereal to skin you.
    Except that the Ethereal Plane is coexistant with the Material Plane:

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm]Coexistent Planes
    If a link between two planes can be created at any point, the two planes are coexistent. These planes overlap each other completely. A coexistent plane can be reached from anywhere on the plane it overlaps. When moving on a coexistent plane, it is often possible to see into or interact with the plane it coexists with.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I like it. If only there was some way to turn it into Porcus while you were already inside it.

I know, a Fiend of Possession possesses a different Commoners pig, and flies/swims/climbs/burrows away!
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, and it is my honor to have started it!

This is rather a funny idea. I'll have to read up on FoP when I have time, but I am picking up what you are putting down, I am smelling what you are stepping in, and I like it.
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    Well, the sphere of anihilation IS the pig. Porcus's appearance means the pig's mass dropped precipitously. There probably is a very big release of energy (I think, physics is not my forte) as objects are no longer falling towards the Pig fly outwards at relativistic speeds. Probably Porcus has to resurrect the commoner as the ensuing blast has atomized him.
    Safer to just shove the commoner into the sphere. For the good of the multiverse.
    assuming that the sphere instantly transforms into orcus, the gravitic waves would liquefy his mass into meatsludge, then collapse it into plasma, which then detonates.

Drow avatar @ myself

22. - Top - End - #202

To further flesh out the build, I'll use a Neraph who has the Savage Species ritual to give him the Evil subtype. At level one he takes Martial Study in a Shadow Hand maneuver to get Hide as a permanent class skill. He then goes

Commoner 1/Warlock 6/Fiend of Possession 6

Choosing Spiderwalk as one of his least invocations to become Spider Pig, and using his 3d6 Eldritch Blast as his primary offense. Warlock 6 gets a lesser invocation, so Fell Flight is a possibility, or even Walk Unseen. To play in an actual party he'll want to be able to communicate, so I'm thinking telepathy. That's doable with two feats: Shape Soulmeld- Shedu Crown and Open Least Chakra- Crown. Might as well toss in mindsight as well. So in terms of feats:

1- Martial Study: Shadow Blade Technique
    3- Shape Soulmeld: Shedu Crown
    6- Open Least Chakra: Crown
    9- Mindsight
    12+ - ???

For example. I think that's pretty playable from that point onwards. To get there a bit earlier change it to

Commoner 1/Warlock 2/Binder 1/Fiend of Possesion 6

or something along those lines with a good Will save. The sames feats still work for that version. And I actually just realized that I didn't include the feat for the flaw itself, but I'm sure we can figure out something useful for that (Open Least Chakra has a prereq of level 6, so we can really speed up that feat chain too much).

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

And I actually just realized that I didn't include the feat for the flaw itself, but I'm sure we can figure out something useful for that (Open Least Chakra has a prereq of level 6, so we can really speed up that feat chain too much).
    DotU has a feat that lets you Hide in Plain Sight as a swift action by expending a use of a darkness SLA. The Warlock has an invocation which counts.
    Don't you see it? The inert Shrieker may have more raw power, but the rock has something the Shrieker will never have. VERSATILITY.

Also, the rock will probably be lighter than the Shrieker, allowing it to be used as a improvised thrown weapon should the need arise.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    DotU has a feat that lets you Hide in Plain Sight as a swift action by expending a use of a darkness SLA. The Warlock has an invocation which counts.
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the Drow Darkness feats. Even better than that one, imho, is the one that turn a Darkness SLA into a Greater Darkness SLA. That also tells us what the other two Invocations he'd pick are- Darkness and Devil's Sight. He is now capable of producing massive long-duration areas of magical darkness, hiding in them, and firing his lazer out from them. Much fun. This has transcended Spider Pig. This has gone straight to something like Venom-Pig.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

I love this build. I will have to show it to my friends, haha
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

... why can't i find any more information about this particular issue of the magazine? You'd think there's be at least a brief synopsis online somewhere.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by emilin_rose View Post
    ... why can't i find any more information about this particular issue of the magazine? You'd think there's be at least a brief synopsis online somewhere.
    Be careful about "thread necromancy". Which is commenting on and thus bringing an old (older than 6 weeks, I think?) thread "back from the dead". You can always message a board mod for permission. In your post, you should cite that you have it, if you have it.

But to answer your question, it is. A PDF version of the single page with the flaws is here and it can be (probably) illegally downloaded, my google fu brought it up, but I dare not link it.
    Last edited by Immabozo; 2014-07-22 at 04:09 PM.
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Thank you. I forgot to check the date. I was wandering in the 1000 ways to mess with your dm/players and it interested me.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by emilin_rose View Post
    Thank you. I forgot to check the date. I was wandering in the 1000 ways to mess with your dm/players and it interested me.
    You're welcome and thank you for you interest
    Lol Bad bozo. Bad.