New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Powerful theoretical builds?

I want to hear tales or posts of awesome theoretical builds, or builds so powerful they became omniscient or near it.

Like punpun or that one Diplomancer build that made it when you jump, everyone around you became a fanatic.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Powerful theoretical builds?

There's the Omniscificer, which uses an infinite damage loop and the spell masochism to get a literally infinite Knowledge check-- and then, because making a Knowledge check is a free action, instantly knows everything there is to know.

Hulking Hurlers are simple. Use the strength-boosting trick of your choice (Cancer Mage+Festering Anger? Symbiote stacking?) and throw insanely large objects. (Though you don't need very much cheese to do ungodly damage).

One of my personal favorites, which does... something I honestly can't figure out involving clones and fusion to do so much damage that you can't express it using scientific notation. They couldn't even solve the damage equation for a couple pages, if I recall correctly.

If you want literally infinite damage, there's the d2 crusader. (There's a stance that gives you exploding damage dice-- if you ever roll the max value, roll again and add the two together. There's a feat, Imbued Healing, that adds a rider to healing spells allowing you to treat any 1's you roll for damage as 2's. Now find yourself a weapon with a d2 damage die-- a tiny dagger, perhaps, or a blowgun. Make an attack roll. If you roll a 2, keep rolling. If you roll a 1, it counts as a 2. Keep rolling.)

World Records (from several years ago)
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2014-04-16 at 06:30 PM.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use