New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Alysha grins and pats her again.

Then comes the question of how babies are made. Alysha blushes a bit. Well, as much as a vampire can, anyways.

Um...well...ya see...it involves a man and a woman...and um... She then launches into a brief explanation of the birds and the bees. Filled with stammering, as Alysha is obviously embarrassed by having to explain this.

It's amusing to watch, actually.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

Mustardseed looks more and more confused as the explanation goes on, not at all helped by the stuttering and stammering.
    "...are you sure that's how it works? I don't understand, I've never heard of anything like that before."
    I used to be Dark Elf Bard

3. - Top - End - #333

Alysha nods a bit, seeming glad that she doesn't have to explain that subject any further.

Yeah, that's how people are born where I'm from. And most places I've been to. But, again, your home is probably different.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    ((No problem. For future reference, I am okay with pretty much anything happening to my characters. Except their death. I choose when that happens. Anything else is fair game. They may not like it so much, and might protest, but as the player, I'm good.))

Delta gives a slight sigh and drops her head down to rest her chin on the counter.

Yeah, maybe. Seems like a lot of stuff could happen here. Haven't really had much time to work it out at all. But, I think I might get that here.

Her normal eye watches him struggle with the burger. Never had a burger before? There's a slight amount of amusement in her voice.
    "No, I used to eat hamburgers a lot," Shame answers. "It's just been a long while, and my appetite isn't what it used to be..." After a few moments ruminating over the matter, he picks up the sandwich and tries to push the bun flat with both hands before taking a bite out of it. Memories of the taste of a beef patty on a wheat bun flood into his conscious mind, and he savors the taste as he chews on it. "Ohhh man, this is delicious...I could eat one of these every day and never get tired of them."

5. - Top - End - #335

Delta gives a slight smile.

Might have to try one myself tomorrow.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alysha frowns slightly at Naku, a bit confused. Really? Huh. First I've heard of that. Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'll be sure to get my fill outside of here when I need it, then. She pulls out the straw and sticks a cork in the bottle before sliding back into her bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Celica, hearing Naku, turns to her and nods.
    Oh, sure!
    The rabbit faunus replies, putting it away in Hammerspace.
    "Thank you both very much." Naku says, still breathing somewhat deeply, trying to clear her head.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Tep shrugs. He's just happy to have landed a boss who's feeding him for free. Romeo's going to have to get used to that sense of Not As Bad As the Last Guy feeling pretty much every time he does or says anything to his new familiar.
    Mist will show up later with most of a Cornish hen sitting on a few spiced veggies in a small cardboard box.
    "I thought Strahd might get a bit offended if he knew someone asked for take-out, so I just got a normal meal and put it in the box myself. Shouldn't be that hard to just tear it apart since it's tender, but I stuck a set of utensils in there. I whittle those wooden ones myself, so don't worry about it."
    Mist says pleasantly. He'll name a very reasonable price for the meal.
    Thankfully, Romeo has recently gained money to pay a very reasonable price. He does so, with a perfectly reasonable tip on top of it.

"Thank you very much, you've been quite accommodating," he says, standing up and taking the box with him. "Let's go." He tells Tep, putting his coat and backpack back on.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

Alysha nods a bit, seeming glad that she doesn't have to explain that subject any further.

Yeah, that's how people are born where I'm from. And most places I've been to. But, again, your home is probably different.
    I still don't really understand it, can you try explaining it again?
    The pixie tries to hide a mischievious grin!

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkweed Imp View Post
    I still don't really understand it, can you try explaining it again?
    The pixie tries to hide a mischievious grin!
    Celica muffles laughter behind a hand.

Closed Scene

A lithe freckled young pixie, about 25 in Pixie Years, with pale yellow hair tied in a near bun, her bright hazel eyes peering around the bar and standing out from her fair-skinned face, slightly narrow, flutters in on beautiful insectoid sings, barefoot and clad in an old, weathered forest green military cap, a bright white dress shirt under an open green trench coat and matching with the pixie's black leggings.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist will nod and take the payment. Tep will shapeshift as he hops back on Romeo's shoulder, assuming he still wants him to not advertise his nature. He's split between being happy for food and feeling like eating as a bird is demeaning, so he's currently in a neutral mood. Off they go, then.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sort of. The run of the mill demon latches on to a being's soul and slowly devours it, taking over the body when they've done so. One who is tainted, as we call it, has to focus on holding it at bay and keeping in control, but that can only prolong the inevitable, though occasionally for very long.
    There are benefits, at least.

Invidia replies
    "So it basically becomes the person?" That sounded worrying. "Surely there must be some way to cure it if it happens." Since if demons were drawn to her, that was very bad news. She didn't even know if her breast plate would help against them.

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "So it basically becomes the person?" That sounded worrying. "Surely there must be some way to cure it if it happens." Since if demons were drawn to her, that was very bad news. She didn't even know if her breast plate would help against them.
    We have not found a cure back home. However, there are cures here thankfully.
    ... in fact, I was tainted, but Jezebel cured me.
    Invidia replies, slightly embarrassed about that fact.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

13. - Top - End - #343

"Oh." There was that Jezebel character again. Somehow miraculously curing people. Obriane pauses, not wanting to be too direct about her next question. "So how did she do that? Just use her 'god powers'?"

14. - Top - End - #344

"Oh." There was that Jezebel character again. Somehow miraculously curing people. Obriane pauses, not wanting to be too direct about her next question. "So how did she do that? Just use her 'god powers'?"
    I do not know, to be honest.
    Invidia replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #345

So... mysterious god powers then. Though now she needed a new subject and Invidia didn't seem to want to bring up anything. "So how did you come and joined those purple lotus people anyway? You worship Jezebel?" She had a rather... unique appearance that was for sure. But then again, everyone around here seemed to be unique in their own way.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Delta gives a slight smile.

Might have to try one myself tomorrow.
    "Oh, definitely," Shame replies enthusiastically. He thinks to offer some of his now, but seeing as he already took a bite out of it, that would be quite unsanitary. "It might not be the healthiest thing you could eat, but boy does it taste great. Ooh, especially if you put mustard and tomatoes on it..." Kind of interesting how something as simple as a decent meal has suddenly made Shame so sociable.

((Feel free to skip ahead if you don't want to play out the entire food scene. It's starting to make me hungry...))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-05-13 at 08:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347

Alysha does not pick up on the hidden mischief of her two companions. Showing discomfort again, the vampire launches into another explanation of how babies are made.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Delta smiles as Shame seems to open up a bit.

Well, when I get one, I'll be sure to have you there to make recommendations for it.

((I don't mind either way. Shame's the one eating, so it's up to you when he's done.))
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-05-13 at 08:30 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #348

So... mysterious god powers then. Though now she needed a new subject and Invidia didn't seem to want to bring up anything. "So how did you come and joined those purple lotus people anyway? You worship Jezebel?" She had a rather... unique appearance that was for sure. But then again, everyone around here seemed to be unique in their own way.
    She rescued me from slavery. She gave me a home and shelter. Some do, yes, but she also provides shelter to the downtrodden. Slaves, prostitutes, criminals who want to abandon their past ways, et cetera.
    India answers.
    Alysha does not pick up on the hidden mischief of her two companions. Showing discomfort again, the vampire launches into another explanation of how babies are made.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Delta smiles as Shame seems to open up a bit.

Well, when I get one, I'll be sure to have you there to make recommendations for it.

((I don't mind either way. Shame's the one eating, so it's up to you when he's done.))
    The pixie from before flutters over, looking clearly confused about what's going on.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

Mustard grins intently, and then the new pixie flutters over!

Oh, hi! I'm Mustardseed. This silly cute vampire is Alysha. Who are you?

20. - Top - End - #350

Mustard grins intently, and then the new pixie flutters over!

Oh, hi! I'm Mustardseed. This silly cute vampire is Alysha. Who are you?
    Oh hi! I'm Annie, nice to meet you both!
    The pixie waves a greeting, smiling slightly nervously. One could tell possibly she's not too social
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #351

Alysha gives a huge grin and wave.

Hi Annie! And this is Celica! She points to the bunny eared lady seated with them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    "I'm sure the power struggle will turn for the worse at some point. Then the fighting would spread. And I'm not in much of a position to fight a fourth concurrent campaign."
    "The power struggle is very common. As long as I'm here, AMEB for example got around 4 different leader. Still you don't need to fight. The nexus is a chaos. Even thought someone fights right next to you, it may happen you don't even see it."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #353

"I'll keep that in mind; thanks." Elendro weaves his hands over his head and slides it down his face. He's starting to look tired, but he no longer has the nosebleed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

It's nice to see another pixie! I'm trying to tell this silly goose how pixies are born, but she keeps going on about... (Alysha's explanation goes here)

Alysha, tell her what you said, it's so weird!
    If the vampie feels reluctant at all, the pixie will flash a dazzling smile, revealing some small fangs of her own in the process.

25. - Top - End - #355

No, no, I'm not saying that's how pixies are born. You asked how I was born, and that's how. I said that your explanation with the trees is probably true for you. But that isn't true for everybody.

Alysha seems happy to avoid having to explain it all again.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

Mustardseed sticks out her tongue. Fine, you can have your weird birth thing.

Then, an idea comes to her mind, and her face lights up with a mischievous giggle.

But first, the set-up! Do you wanna see something really cool?

27. - Top - End - #357

It's nice to see another pixie! I'm trying to tell this silly goose how pixies are born, but she keeps going on about... (Alysha's explanation goes here)

Alysha, tell her what you said, it's so weird!
    If the vampie feels reluctant at all, the pixie will flash a dazzling smile, revealing some small fangs of her own in the process.
    Annie bursts into a fit of laughter.
    Mustardseed sticks out her tongue. Fine, you can have your weird birth thing.

Then, an idea comes to her mind, and her face lights up with a mischievous giggle.

But first, the set-up! Do you wanna see something really cool?
    Annie nods with a grin.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #358

Alysha nods as well.

Yeah!

Her flustered feeling from before is instantly gone.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

The pixie giggles like mad and clicks her fingers.

And then!

Alysha and Celica are shrunk down to pixie size, and have grown some phantasmal wings!

Whee!! The pixie laughs and claps her hands. Don't worry, I can change you back! But you guys are much cuter now!

30. - Top - End - #360

Alysha blinks a few times as looks down at herself. Then over her shoulders at her wings.

Then she somehow grins even more than usual and jumps up with glee.

This is so awesome! She immediately tries to fly.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS